• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Do the Stars Still Shine in the Eclipse? - A Dark Modern Fantasy Monster-Hunting Roleplay.

Euclid Leaf

Metamorphasis, Genesis, Metastasis
Supporter
'Where do overflowing emotions go? Are they really just chemicals flushing around in our brain?
Is it really a matter of a fleeting feeling that disappears forever?
Do they mean nothing, in the end? '

Some thirteen years ago, in an event known as the 'Afterlight', people began encountering certain beings from another realm. The Eclipse, as they themselves call it.
As so, these beings became to be known as Eclipse Entities.

Not much is known about this peculiar domain, outside from what those entities who are willing enough to describe for us. These entities speak of it as an ever-changing plane of chaos. It is a dimension of shifting manifestations influenced by our collective subconscious -- A place born of overflowing human thoughts, ideas, and emotions. An unwaking place forming from the dripping excess of the waking world. They say this endless expanse is where human minds go in their dreams, the place where their fantasies are left to be forgotten. Empty structures signifying human memories, experiences, and emotions rise and fall in a restless sea.

'Each human concept has an equivalent entity embodied in the Eclipse', so they say.

And they wander in this void, growing alongside those feelings, and fighting amongst themselves to feed on blood. To feel 'whole'.
Some Entities are said to be so powerful that they create kingdoms with subjects to rule over in the Eclipse, mirroring their human counterparts.

When enough humans are obsessed by an idea, such an entity will be dragged to the waking world from the Eclipse.
These entities 'emerge from below' and are driven by a single need for wholeness. And so, they appear before humans who they deem as 'whole'.

Some are born of human ideas such as order, kindness, and joy, and seek to exist alongside humanity.

But as there are reasonable entities, many more are born of negative emotions, anxieties, insecurities, and violent thoughts. These entities are filled with hatred, envy, and pain, blaming the humans for their eternal suffering. For no Entity is capable of forming their own memories. Their emotions are mere imitations of those possessed by humanity. And so, without hesitation, they act upon their desire to destroy their selfish creators. Eclipse Entities range in power according to how strong they are feared by humanity. Some are feared so deeply by humans that they became terrible beings of unspeakable destruction.

In only ten days, ten major countries were swallowed, and countless others, under the strength of these great evils of the Eclipse, known better as the 'Apocalypse Entities'. They threatened to shatter the barrier between the worlds, sinking the waking world into an eternal darkness and bringing humanity's forgotten nightmares to surface. And it would've been so, if not for those few who emerged with the ability to use the power of Eclipse Entities.

These were the very first Contractors.

In humanity's desperation, a neutral entity of contracts and promises appeared before certain individuals, teaching them how to form contracts with Eclipse Entities. 'These two sides twined in desire, both shall find benefit in union.'

The Contract Entity asked only one thing in exchange for its power. That humanity will not hunt their kind, when it is bounded in contract. So long as the necessary words are spoken, either a human or Eclipse Entity would be able to initiate an instigation of intention. This entity will appear and oversee such a contract, ensuring both sides are clear of what is at stake. Once terms are agreed, and a bargain made, neither party can ever go back on their word. A contract transcending worlds. In exchange for something an Entity would desire, it would allow a portion of its supernatural power to the human. Thus, for greater power, the greater the importance and value of the thing being sacrificed. To determine this, the offering must be one where the human will personally suffer by losing.

Nothing less will satisfy such a contract.

Decades after the threat of the Apocalypse Entities has been concluded, only the largest of old-era human countries survived the conflict. The remainder of this changed world entered a new age of global rebuilding. And with the aid of certain more benevolent Eclipse Entities, some might say humanity flourished in a greater capacity than it ever could before the Afterlight. And though many countries have changed in this time, some disappearing, others moving and merging their borders, humans have somehow found normality in a world now shared by extradimensional existential beings. Classrooms full of children are taught emergency EE drills, alter-history lessons, and general safety precautions, with a few even dreaming of becoming Contractors when they grow up. With Eclipse Entities walking the streets among humans, either as companions, partners, or even in extreme cases, marriage, the contradiction with this peacefulness and the knowledge that at any moment, a horrific creature beyond imagination bursting through the seems of reality at any moment is almost farcical. But none of this is make-believe. This whimsical, dark world is not a dream... And it is going nowhere.

Whether humanity liked it or not, these entities were a part of them now. It would appear, so long as humans continued to exist, so will the unwaking Entities of their Eclipse.

Afterward.
Hello, thank you if you have made it this far! This is a general concept for a world invaded by strange beings from a mysterious reality, and of the 'monster hunters' that protect humanity from them. Usually, I don't like leaving things looking so bare-boned. But the reason why there isn't any artwork or banner, is because I only use things I draw or paint myself. With some luck, and this idea gets enough people excited for it, I'll be justified to do so!~ The conceit behind this idea is derived from many of my favorite series revolving around devils and demons, notable ones being the series Chainsaw Man and Jujustsu Kaisen. Though those are manga and anime series, you are not obliged to use anime face-claims.

And I know there are edgy themes flying all over the place in this premise, but please, be tasteful in your characters. It's like seasoning, a little tastes good, don't ever overdo it.

As for the roleplay, you will be play... you guessed it! A Contractor. The focus of this roleplay is sacrifice, and what someone is willing do to achieve their dreams. But don't worry, I will try to keep things light with moments of calm to digest after story beats. There will be a lot of dark themes, and probably a lot of death that will occur in this roleplay, from both main and side characters. I will give ample warning if I see your character triggering a death flag. you have been Warned. So any character deaths should not be unexpected.

Contractors can start out independent, a private sector bounty-hunter type deal, or as an agent to one of the governing organizations, acting as emergency response and an investigation unit when attacks happen. The organization in question will be revealed at a later date... Honestly, it could be anywhere. I'll probably ask around.

Anyway, thank you for your time! Peace!

Last edited:
I'm glad you're all interested in the idea! Not sure how many people I'll allow to join, but I guess we'll see, haha...
I'll start making a normal thread with characters sheets and all that saucy stuff now...! It might take some time, since I'll have to do the art now too.

Please bear with me!

Speaking of which, is anyone good with coding/graphics? I'd love it if you can help me. Please feel free to PM.

'Where do overflowing emotions go? Are they really just chemicals flushing around in our brain?
Is it really a matter of a fleeting feeling that disappears forever?
Do they mean nothing, in the end? '

Some thirteen years ago, people began encountering certain beings from another realm. The Eclipse, as they themselves call it.
As so, these beings became to be known as Eclipse Entities.

Not much is known about this peculiar domain, outside from what those entities who are willing enough to describe for us. These entities speak of it as an ever-changing plane of chaos. It is a dimension of shifting manifestations influenced by our collective subconscious -- A place born of overflowing human thoughts, ideas, and emotions. An unwaking place forming from the dripping excess of the waking world. They say this endless expanse is where human minds go in their dreams, the place where their fantasies are left to be forgotten. Empty structures signifying human memories, experiences, and emotions rise and fall in a restless sea.

'Each human concept has an equivalent entity embodied in the Eclipse', so they say.

And they wander in this void, growing alongside those feelings, and fighting amongst themselves to feed on blood. To feel 'whole'.
Some Entities are said to be so powerful that they create kingdoms with subjects to rule over in the Eclipse, mirroring their human counterparts.

When enough humans are obsessed by an idea, such an entity will be dragged to the waking world from the Eclipse.
These entities 'emerge from below' and are driven by a single need for wholeness. And so, they appear before humans who they deem as 'whole'.

Some are born of human ideas such as order, kindness, and joy, and seek to exist alongside humanity.

But as there are reasonable entities, many more are born of negative emotions, anxieties, insecurities, and violent thoughts. These entities are filled with hatred, envy, and pain, blaming the humans for their eternal suffering. For no Entity is capable of forming their own memories. Their emotions are mere imitations of those possessed by humanity. And so, without hesitation, they act upon their desire to destroy their selfish creators. Eclipse Entities range in power according to how strong they are feared by humanity. Some are feared so deeply by humans that they became terrible beings of unspeakable destruction.

In only ten days, ten major countries were swallowed, and countless others, under the strength of these great evils of the Eclipse, known better as the 'Nightmare Entities'. They threatened to shatter the barrier between the worlds, sinking the waking world into an eternal darkness and bringing humanity's forgotten nightmares to surface. And it would've been so, if not for those few who emerged with the ability to use the power of Eclipse Entities.

These were the very first Contractors.

In humanity's desperation, a neutral entity of contracts and promises appeared before certain individuals, teaching them how to form contracts with Eclipse Entities. 'These two sides twined in desire, both shall find benefit in union.'

The Contract Entity only asked for one thing in return for its power; that humanity survive, so it can continue making contracts. So long as the necessary words are spoken, this entity will appear and oversee every contract between human and Eclipse Entity. Once terms are agreed, neither party can ever go back on their word. It will seen as a contract transcending worlds. In exchange for something an Entity would desire, it would allow a portion of its supernatural power to the human. Thus, for greater power, the greater the importance and value of the thing being sacrificed. To determine this, the offering must be one where the human will personally suffer by losing.

Nothing less will satisfy such a contract.

Decades after the threat of the Nightmare Entities has been concluded, only the largest of old-era human countries survived the conflict. The remainder of this changed world entered a new age of global rebuilding. And though many countries have changed in this time, some disappearing, others moving and merging their borders, humans have somehow found normality in a world nearly destroyed. Classrooms full of children now grow up learning how to deal with Eclipse Entities, such as with emergency drills, history lessons, and general safety precautions, with a few even dreaming of becoming Contractors when they grow up. A few humans even live alongside the Entities, learning to reap their benefits, now that they inhabit the world in earnest. This whimsical, dark world was not a dream, and it was going nowhere.

Whether humanity liked it or not, these entities were a part of them now. It would appear, so long as humans continued to exist, so will the unwaking Entities of their Eclipse.

Afterward.
Hello, thank you if you have made it this far! This is a general concept for a world invaded by strange beings from a mysterious reality, and of the 'monster hunters' that protect humanity from them. Usually, I don't like leaving things looking so bare-boned. But the reason why there isn't any artwork or banner, is because I only use things I draw or paint myself. With some luck, and this idea gets enough people excited for it, I'll be justified to do so!~ The conceit behind this idea is derived from many of my favorite series revolving around devils and demons, notable ones being the series Chainsaw Man and Jujustsu Kaisen. Though those are manga and anime series, you are not obliged to use anime face-claims.

And I know there are edgy themes flying all over the place in this premise, but please, be tasteful in your characters. It's like seasoning, a little tastes good, don't ever overdo it.

As for the roleplay, you will be play... you guessed it! A Contractor. The focus of this roleplay is sacrifice, and what someone is willing do to achieve their dreams. But don't worry, I will try to keep things light with moments of calm to digest after story beats. There will be a lot of dark themes, and probably a lot of death that will occur in this roleplay, from both main and side characters. I will give ample warning if I see your character triggering a death flag. you have been Warned. So any character deaths should not be unexpected.

Contractors can start out independent, a private sector bounty-hunter type deal, or as an agent to one of the governing organizations, acting as emergency response and an investigation unit when attacks happen. The organization in question will be revealed at a later date... Honestly, it could be anywhere. I'll probably ask around.

Anyway, thank you for your time! Peace!
:D!

Also, I've found these resources really helpful! And the owners are letting it be free for use as long as the credits are maintained.

Gonna keep an eye on this. Always enjoy a good effort towards Chainsawman vibes, so long as some zaniness bleeds in to counter the existential terror.

Here it is. Thank you for waiting, Really, it was me holding up the process. I had to rush a few drawings out in order to get it done by today... Sorry.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars screaming armadillo screaming armadillo BFabulous BFabulous Shadow101 Shadow101 Ticl Ticl Remembrance Remembrance Lekiel Lekiel sockhaver sockhaver ERode ERode SpazTheButcher SpazTheButcher

You are much too kind.
It is a labor of love, so it doesn't feel like too much time passed. Probably a few hours on the first, the second maybe like an hour or two... Couldn't keep track.
But I'm glad, thank you! :^D

I Forgot to post it, but OOC is here;

Well, well, well, Me and the Parliament have come to the decision that this is quite cool. We'll keep our many cylindrical eyes on it.
main-qimg-9ad03b92b880c7b2e5d57471cdae8245.jpeg
But yeah this is really dope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back