• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Do Not Go Gentle Into That Dead Night (Interest Check)

A_Dinosaur

Lurker
Eight months ago, it was said that a woman attacked a worker of a liquor store in Minnesota. Moments prior, she had been screaming about her flesh burning away from the visible bite wound on her left hand. The story goes that it was the liquor store, then the neighboring dry-cleaners, then the town, then the state...and the burning of the woman melted away into the fire that raged through the world. This fire of virus and blood and fear scarred the earth. National broadcasting systems went quiet three months ago, and even the emergency signals went silent.

It was heavily debated exactly where the virus started before that, but those experts and the news reports don't really matter anymore. Only two truths remain; it is as smart as it is violent and it is long lived. The creatures go through rest period so they can exert energy longer, and can convert sugar and water absorbed through the blood they consume into usable fuel like people do with food. Their smell is limited, sight is low, and hearing is sub-par but efficient enough to follow somebody in any direction. They've got stairs and ladders figured out, but extreme climbing like trees is a little beyond them. Some people thought they'd slow down because of rigor mortis but...we weren't prepared for this. They aren't like normal dead people. It's not like zombies. They're something else entirely.

If you're still out there, you must adapt or die. I say to you: do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage, against the dying of the light.
--letter in the backpack of a dead traveler

Rules:

1. I'm looking for semi-realism. Though you may be a fan of The Walking Dead like myself, I'm not looking for 'The Ultimate Badasses', or Michonnes or Daryls. You may build a character or even play as a character based on yourself. Instead of trying for something fun, try for something real. You may be surprised to find that you have just as much fun playing someone less than godly.

2. Please no doubling up on characters. Build one character you love, or if you have two separate character concepts maybe find a bridge between them with moderation. I will allow for mutual control over NPCs, but not just in one person's favor.

3. No children, meaning 18+. This is to allow for romance plot, extreme gore/violence, and to have an interesting character who has life experience and plausibility.

4. I prefer anywhere between 1-3 paragraphs.

5. You can kill your character twice. If you find you're unhappy with your character and would like to try something else, please let me know so I can be ready for the new characters.

Preferences:

I am open to mXm, fXm, fXf with mild/moderate sexuality (think PG-13), and I can play as either gender. The focus of this is not sex in the apocalypse, it can be friendship or family. Besides the zombies I am not open to other supernatural creatures/anthros. I am open to flexibility within this world and ideas of where we can start. I can do omniscient 3rd or first. Please inform me of any preferences you have or things that you would not like to see. If you're uncomfortable with sexuality/extreme gore/have triggers against violence, please let me know in advance. This world is dirty and ugly, but we don't have to always talk about it.

Your Character:

Bio, 1-3 paragraphs. Basic character description, who are you, who were you (if you've decided to hang onto that life), what you're doing in the world (surviving, looking for family, ect.) and 'specialty'. Pick a flaw or two, weaknesses that you stick with, to even out the fact you've survived eight months of zombie hell. I can explain how any 'flaw' can be a detriment in the world.

Thanks for reading, PM or reply below if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I’m interested in doing this rp with you! I just want to make sure you’re still active before I create a whole character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back