• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Do It For Me

Max frowned more and gave a small nod "Alright then. How have you been Jeff?" She asked again noticing how he kept deflecting the question

Alex frowned more "God I fucking hope not. Our end was pretty clean cut and dry." He muttered sipping at the water "If you do see her, call the cops for tresspassing after you beat her ass." He muttered

She just nodded and sighed a little. “Get yourself better okay? Cause I’d love to see the old Alex back in charge. Not this one.” She told him gently. She still loved him and in the beginning it had only made her angry that she still loved him but these days she had mellowed out and a large part of her wanted them to try again.

Jeff sighed heavily and watched her. “Are you my damn therapist or something?” He muttered, rubbing at his face. “I just… I’m fucking exhausted. This kid doesn’t really wanna be here with me but his mom took the three of them in the duvorce and barely let me have visitation. I’m trying my best but they barely know me anymore.”

Alex gave a heavy sigh and nodded some as he finished off his water "Yeah...maybe he'll come back." He muttered before standing up "I leave this weekend, come by any time amd I'll give you a key." He muttered

Max frowned and flinched a bit when his tone rose. She sighed heavily nodding some "You're divorced too?" She said softly before reaching over and giving his hand a squeeze "I'm sorry you're having to go through this Jeff."

He snorteda little "Why am I not surprised you thought I was going around just getting women pregnant? I figured it was retty obvious me and his mother aren't together/" He muttered.

Carmen sighed quietly and watched him, "I'll come over after my shift alright?" She promised him, reaching over and giving his hand a squeeze "When you get back, it's time for us to really sit down and talk alright?" she murmured

Max frowned more at him shakimg her head some "Thats not what I thought at all Jeffrey. I'm not some crazy fan that fucking followed your life and knew everything going on. So fucking excuse me for trying to be sympathetic to your fucking situation as someone going through the same fucking thing." She spat back before gathering her things "Look I'm fucking sorry your life is miserable and I'm sorry that I saw it and reached out to see if maybe you could use someone in your life thats not your son. My mistake." She said before taking a deep breath.

Alex gave her the first genuine smile he had given in a while and nodded some "Alright, I can do that." He said softly before standing up and makimg his way out

She sighed quietly, getting on with work til the end of her shift and headed over to his to pick up the keys.

Jeff shook his head and rubbed at his face "Sorry. Sorry I'm just at the end of my rope... Who'd you end up married to?" He asked her

Max sighed as he apologized and placed her purse back down "No one important. Spent better half of 13 years with him. Decided he liked his super model good looks secretary more than my aging self." She muttered bitterly

Alex opened his door when he heard her knock and frowned some "Hey....you mind waiting a minute right here? I'm gonna grab my coat and we're gonna go pick up some dinner." He muttered before going into his living room finishing off his drink real quick and grabbing his jacket.

She frowned some as she watched him, "Then I'll drive." She told him, already smelling the booze on him, "

Jeff frowned some "Well we both picked assholes then huh." He muttered "What does that say about us in the first place when we once picked each other?" He muttered.

Max laughed a bit "Well its been what? Over twenty years? We were teens when we were together." She said watching him a bit "And I never thought you were that much of an asshole."

Alex frowned some but gave a small nod "I need to stop at my bank as well. Pop some cash for you so you can have groceries if you stay."

She frowned and shook her head. “Don’t be ridiculous Alex I can buy my own groceries. This is basically like staying in a four star hotel for me for a while.” She pointed out.

He shrugged a little. “Put it this way. I’m glad my kids are the opposite of me. Except Cassie. Fuck she’s stubborn.” He muttered shaking his head.

Alex shook his head a bit before getting in the passenger's seat of her car "Never said you couldn't. Just wanted to give you some cash so that your money could be used to buy whatever else you wanted."

Max laughed lightly but gave a small smile "How many children do you have?" She asked softly

She just shook her head a little, smiling at him, "Come on grumpy pants, where we going?" She asked him, plugging her phone in and turning the car on ready to go.

"Three.... The older two spent too much time with their mother already, they want nothing to do with me." He told her quietly.

Alex shrugged some "I was thinking Olive Garden, you always did love that shitty italian food." He said giving a small laugh "Remember when we were young and I though that was gourmet italian food? And your grandma smacked me for saying such blasphemy in her presense?"

Max nodded and leaned back in her chair a bit "I see, well atleast you've got Jake yeah? He talks about you sometimes to me. Says what you're working on, especially when he takes photos of the animals. He always tells me which are your favorite and which are his. He may not show it well, but he does love you."

She smiled a little at him. “You really pushed all that out your memory huh?” She mumbled, rubbing at her face. “I haven’t been to Olive Garden in years. Not since I left. You don’t remember that’s where we were when I lost her?” She asked him quietly, swallowing a little.

he nodded and sighed some. “He’s a good kid. Fuck knows how he had shit enough growing up…. You end up with any?” He asked her curiously.

Alex frowned more when he remembered that nodding a bit "Yeah...that was at an Olive Garden huh? Well alright Mexican food it is." He said trying to move on from the subject. He still hadn't fully processed the loss of their child and never spoke about it.

Max cleared her throat at the question and gave a small laugh "Uh no, we never really got around to it." She said giving a small shrug "Its alright though, I'm happy where I am." She said before giving him a smile

She frowned a little and turned to look at him at a stop light. “I read the book by the way. The one with the miscarriage… I’ve read most of them actually. She’d be almost ten by now.” She told him quietly.

Jeff nodded and watched her some. “You seeing anyone now then?” He asked her. She didn’t look a day older to him and he still thought she was the most beautiful woman he’d ever met.

Alex frowned more and gave a small nod "Yeah....in May." He muttered before turning his attention to the outside world "I don't want to talk any further about her."

Max shook her head some giving a small laugh "Freshly divorced, not really in the market to look for anything anytime soon." She admits "You?"

She frowned and watched him, "Alex... That's not healthy." She told him quietly and carried on to their old favorite Mexican place. She knew it was still painful for both of them. Although the cheating had started that next day it was another two months before she found out about it all and their mistake had been pushing the other away rather than trying to console each other.

He nodded "Not recently divorced but I'm too tired for anything right now y'know.... Too busy with work and the farm and Jake and it's just been rough." He soghed some

Alex sighed heavily and frowned more not saying another word until they arrived at the restaurant. He stretched a bit before heading inside with her "So you've read the books? What do you think of them?" He asked as they sat down

Max gave a small nod "Yeah I bet." She said softly before leaning forward some "Tell me more about your job, how is the acting side of things?"

She smirked a little "I've always liked your work, you know this. It's why I fell in love with you years ago," She pointed out to him, getting to a table and sitting down, watching him some, "Any chores or anything that need doing while youre gone?" She asked him curiously

Jeff shrugged a little, "I don't really know. Things have dried up a little and I'm leaning towards just working the farm properly. That way I'm always home for Jake as well and it gives him some stability."

Alex nodded some "Right.." he said softly before giving a heavy sigh "Nah just clean up dishes if you eat on them. House cleaner comes by every tuesday."

Max gave a small nod "Ah I see, well that sounds nice too. I will have to say, I did watch Grey's, and I sobbed when they took away Denny." She said giving a small laugh "You did a really good job on there."

She nodded some, sitting back and just watching him "This will be good for you." She told him quietly, reaching across and taking his hand in hers gently, "And when you ocme out we should have a real long chat about everything." She told him gently, "But only once you're out and ready for it." She promised.

Jeff smirked a little, "That was a good role." He chuckled, looking at the time, "I gotta get ba k to feed the animals but it was good to sit and chat." He told her quietly, not really wanting this to end

Alex listened to her and gave a small nod smiling softly at her "Yeah....maybe we can." He said before giving her hand a squeeze as well. He glanced over the menu not even noticing the waitress had come by and Carmen had given her their drinks.

Max gave a very small frown before nodding softly "Oh yeah no worries at all." She said before getting her things together. She hated that this was ending right as they seemed to be falling back into their old rhythm. "It definitely was a good chat. Look I know we have a lot of baggage and past history, but if you ever want to chat again, I'm a phone call away." She said sweetly before giving his hand a squeeze.

-2 months-

Carmen stood outside his house watching the taxi pull up with Alex, excited to see him after hearing it had been going so well, having been busy tidying his place up and making sure she removed all alcohol from the place for him.

Jeff got in from doing the rounds on the farm, shivering a little from the cold and looked up hearing two voices. As far as he was aware Jake wasn’t having friends over but he got closer to the front door and smiled some seeing max theff. “Hey. You alright?”

Max looked up at Jeff giving a sheepish smile before nodding some "Um....yeah I just um...I wanted to talk with you but you didn't answer so I was near here and thought I'd pop in." She said before rubbing at the back of her neck. Things had been well between the two of them as of lately. They talked atleast three times a week and usually did lunch whenever Jake was at his mother's. She hated to admit it but she was starting to slowly fall for him again. He was starting to show the man she fell in love with all those years ago again.

Alex stepped out of the Taxi smiling happily as he looked at Carmen waiting by the door. He looked alive for the first time in a long while and he felt it too. He was happy they forced him to that rehab though at first he was pissed. He had been in contact with Carmen the entire time and honestly he wouldn't have made it without her pushing him. It really put things into perspective just how much he loved her and how much he needed her in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back