• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Do It For Me

Max let out a huff as she put the last box down in her new apartment. It was small and quaint but perfect for her newly divorced self. She had decided to move back to her home town after her 13 year marriage and finally broken in half. She was ready to start this new chapter in life though and try to make the best of it. She frowned as she glanced at the time on her phone, it was definitely time to eat but she had no food. She groaned internally before grabbing her purse and making her way out to find somewhere to eat.

Alex frowned staring at his half written word document curing himself in his head. He swirled his drink around in his glass trying to think of anything to write. His career as a writer had been lucrative to say the least. All his books had shot to the number one spot when they came out and he was beloved by many. It had all started to take a toll on him though after his third book in the series he was writing had come out. It had turned to the publishing company pressuring him to complete the next one, and then the next one, until finally he reached the 6th and last book. He had been working on it for nearly a year now and it was going nowhere. He had quickly found solice in the bottle rather than his wife or something healthy. His once in a blue moon drinks turned to weekly, then nightly, and now daily. His addiction was starting to spiral out and caused his wife to finally leave him when he let out how he didn't want her in his life anymore.

Carmen pulled up outside the address she’d been given to check up on and frowned, getting out of the car after psyching herself up and went to ring the doorbell, standing there shaking and a shell of the person that he would remember. That didn’t matter right now though, she knew he needed help and she had nowhere else to go so she’d contacted his mother to ask where he lived now, going back to talk to him for the first time in forever. She held her breath until the front door opened and she saw him on the other side. “Hey Alex.”

Jeff sighed heavily as he made his way into town; tired of being cooped up in the house and realising he was gonna have to face his ghosts sooner or later so he figured he’d go to as many places in one go as he could that held all his memories from the last time he was in town.

Max walked around town aimlessly until she landed infront of an old chinese restaurant. She smiled widely remembering how it was always her favorite place and soon walked in. She ordered quickly and made her way to the seat she had always sat at scrolling through her phone not noticing the person come up from behind her until she heard them clear their throat. It was only then that she noticed the coat on the seat across from her "Shit. I'm sorry I didn't notice this seat was taken." She said before turning around to look at the person.

Alex frowned as he heard a knock echo through his house. He gulped down the last of his drink before closing his laptop for the night. He went to the door and opened it slowly praying this wasn't a crazed fan who had found out where he lived yet again. He went wided eyed as he saw Carmen standing there rubbing at them to make sure he wasn't seeing things "Carmen? What the hell? How did you find this place?" He asked completely in shock and confused by her being there. He hadn't seen her in over 10 years and they hadn't left on the best of terms.

She looked him up and down for a minute before smiling some "I called your mom yesterday.... just to talk to her and she told me everything... It was her idea for me to come over here... Can I come in? Just sit and talk for a bit?" she asked him quietly.

Jeff frowned when he returned from the restroom to find a stranger in the seat opposite his, "Alright and that's why you shouldn't just pick any sp-" He almost choked on the last word when he saw who it was that turned around "Holy shit." He muttered

Alex was still in shock to see her at his door. He muttered about he would need to speak with his mother before giving her a small nod "Uh yeah sure....my house is a bit of a mess." He muttered before stepping aside and letting her in "You uh..you want something to drink?"

Max went wide eyed when her eyes landed on Jeff. She hadn't seen him in nearly 13 years and hadn't heard from him in atleast 10. She smiled wide at him "Holy shit Jeff....wow I uh...I didn't expect to see you in town." She said before standing up and giving him a small awkward hug "How um...how have you been?"

pkn kmnn
She shook her head and followed him in, looking around "Wow... You ended up doing well for yourself then." She mused, quietly proud of him finally seeing it in person. "This is a lot different to the damp apartment I saw you in last.” She smiled.

he watched her and frowned. “What are you doing back in town?” He asked her quietly, just standing there staring at her.

Alex gave a small nod and went to thr kitchen grabbing his bottle of Jack and taking a swig "Yeah....writing really took off." He muttered before turning to look at her "Not to be a dick but what are you doing here Carmen?"

Max stepped away from him and sighed heavily "Fresh start. Got a job teaching at the highschool." She explained with a small shrug "What brings you here? I heard you moved to California for acting."

pkn kmnn
She frowned as she watched him and bit down on her lip. “I miss you Alex. Plain and simple. I know shit got hard between us but you were always my best friend and I couldn’t go another ten years wondering about the what ifs. So I’m here to try again with you.” She told him.

Jeff frowned and finally sat back down in his seat. “I don’t get to come home anymore?” He muttered watching her.

Max gave a small frown shakong her head some "No no of course you do, I just...from I remembered you hated it here." She explained feeling her face heat up with some embarrassment

Alex frowned more and took a swig of whiskey straight from the bottle before giving a nod "Right.." he muttered still weary about it. Though he knew he had no one else in life that the moment, why not try to have something there? He sighed heavily before running a hand over his face "Alright..
We can try a friendship again."

She frowned as she watched him. “Are you okay?” She asked him quietly, seeing the empty bottles all over the place.

He just nodded. “Yeah I uh… it wasn’t a choice.” He told her frowning some. “It was nice seeing you, I’m sure I’ll see you around.” He told her, grabbing his jacket and leaving the restaurant to just go eat at home instead.

Alex frowned some and sighed heavily "Yeah just peachy." He murmured before pouring himself a drink "Come on, lets sit down." He murmured guiding her to the living room.

Max heard his name be called and gave a small nod "Right, see ya around." She murmured giving a heavy sigh. She decided to go home as well a bit frazzled to have seen her ex boyfriend her first day back.

She nodded and followed him, going to sit on his couch, still watching him. “I know what you’re thinking. That I’m here to try and say I told you so… I promise that’s not it Alex. She was a bitch I told you that from the get go but no matter what happened I didn’t want to see you hurt.” She told him.

Jeff got home and sat down to eat whilst he went through paperwork on trying to decrease his spousal support payments that he was still being forced to make, still at the kitchen table when his youngest got home. “Hey! How was school?” He asked as he watched him walk into the kitchen to grab a drink, taking this as an opportunity to take a break.

Jake looked over at his dad and while grabbing a soda from the fridge shrugging some "Fine I guess, algebra sucks." He said before sitting at the kitchen island "Did you get me some?" He asked noticing the chinese food. He and his dad didn't have the perfect relationship, it was definitely still rocky. However, he saw his dad trying to have a relationship with his kids and decided to take the chance to actually have a dad for once.

Alex frowned sipping his drink as she brought up his ex "Can we not talk about her? You don't know half the story so I would really like to not talk about it." He said bitterly staring straight ahead of him. He was the reason she left, it wasn't because she was a bitch, no she left because his drinking had gotten out of control and he had become a shell of his former self.

She frowned but shrugged and let it go, “I moved back into town last week by the way so I’m just opposite where the Chuck e cheese used to be.” She told him smiling a little.

he sighed a little and shook his head. “I didn’t but I can. I got interrupted while I was there.. hey what teachers do you have this year?” He asked him curiously, hoping none of them included her.

Jake shook his head some "I'll be alright, there are some left overs in the fridge." He murmured before he opened his bag and pulled out his schedule "Here, my photography teacher isn't there yet. From what I heard they basically hired new teachers for almost all elective classes." He explained giving a small shrug

Alex gave a small nod frowning some "That side of town has gone down hill a bit, you be careful over there." He said honestly before sighing heavily "You found work yet?"

She shook her head at his question and leaned back. “I’m doing okay off some savings I had stashed away for now. But I’ll need to find something at some point.” She told him. “I just don’t want to be strangers anymore Alex. We never did well like that.” She mumbled

Jeff frowned and sighed heavily. “Alright. You absolutely sure you wanna take photography?” He asked him frowning some.

Alex frowned a bit and gave a small nod "Right....well let me know if you can't find anything." he said softly before giving a heavy sigh "Kinda hard not to be strangers when you've been gone for ten years." he muttered

Jake shrugged some "Would rather that than theater. Plus it was the only class that wasn't filled. Carrie told me it was an easy and fun class too." he explained mentioning his elder sister

She frowned and watched him. “I tried to get in contact twice but… you know what… maybe this was stupid… I can see you still have the same attitude from back then and you still can’t get your head out of your ass long enough to realise just how badly you hurt me. I have loved you for as long as I can remember and you threw it all away for your fucking publicist… you cheated on me and expected me to be okay with it…. So no I didn’t come crawling back for you…. I’ll probably see you around town.” She spat, walking out of there instead. She wasn’t sure what she had wanted to find going to see him but it wasn’t that.

Jeff sighed a little and rubbed at his face. “Alright. You need any extra supplies or anything?” He asked him, wanting to make sure he got everything right so that the courts would never be able to claim he was incompetent.

Jake shook his head a bit "No right now I'm alright. My teachers have said they'll have a better class list by the end of the week. So I'll probably need to go then and get a few things." He explained before placing his left overs in the fridge.

Alex frowned more as he listened to her and sighed heavily. He shook his head as she got up and followed her out "Carmen wait! Look I'm sorry alright....I'm not the guy I was ten years ago, I'm a piece of shit if I'm being honest with you." He admits before pinching the bridge of his nose "I drink too much and I'm miserable half the time, I never wanted to hurt you, some god for saken reason I thought screwing around would save you from having to deal with myself. Not that it much matters now." He explained before watching her a bit "I'm sorry. Truely I am."

She frowned and watched him. “I’ll see you around town Alex.” She muttered, walking out to her car and headed home.

Jeff nodded, yawning some “Alright. Don’t stay up too late alright? You got an early start tomorrow to get the bus.” He reminded him. “And after school I’m gonna show you the ropes round here.” He told him.

Alex gave a heavy sigh and nodded before going inside knowing there was no point right now to go after her.

Jake nodded some and smiled a bit "Ay ay sir." He said saluting him before he began eating.

Max woke up that next morning bright and early. She made her way down the the school to set up for her first day. She was super excited to be there and start this new chapter in life.

Carmen had been home for almost 2 months by this point and she could count the amount of times she had run into Alex during that time, on one hand. She had finally managed to find a job tending bar at the place her and Alex used to go every Thursday night as a ritual for a basket of wings and a drink and she was doing alright for herself except tonight had been hard. Alex had been in since the palce opened at 4pm, sitting in the corner booth and she'd been watching him drink his way through several bottles all night long, making it her duty to keep an eye on him until she got busy serving customers and turned to find the booth now empty, "Hunter! Where'd he go?" She called to the bus boy cleaning the table off.

Jeff was busy with scripts and the farm almost 24/7 lately but he'd made it his mission that whenever Jake was around, that was his priority instead. Thigns had been hard on his youngest after his mother lost cutody because of her drug use and he knew having been separated from her since Jake was a toddler, hardly ever being around for various reasons, both his fault and hers, that making a connection with him would be an ongoing issue for a while but he had finallly put his work away for the day and started to head down to the school ready for the parent teacher conference, half forgetting that Max would be there

Jake looked at his dad when he came up to the school and waved him down "Hey! Lets go, I wanna get out of here." He murmured before pulling out his phone "Look what I found today, who is that girl? I've never seen you that happy before." He said showing his dad a photo of him from his teenage years with Max when they had been dating for sometime. His relationship was shaky with his dad but he was happy to have this time with him now and actually see his dad put forth effort to get to know him.

Hunter looked over at Carmen as she called to him and pointed to the back door "Said he needed a piss then handed me a twenty " he called to her before he finished cleaning up.

Alex leant against the wall of the back alleyway relieving himself and grunting some. He was three sheets to the wind by now and could barely keep his vision straight. He zipped himself up and started walkimg to his car before he stumbled and collapsed into a pile of garbage bags passing out cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back