• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnDish short adventures interest check (not yet an ad)

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I have tried to start a long-running DnD session for a while now, but it died out pretty fast. So, I have decided to try something else. I have decided to try oneshots. Before you click off, saying "Ew, oneshots are lame!", hear me out, please!

Pros:
They don't take much time IRL, so via text won't really last more than a few months, so the interest won't die out in the very beginning.
You don't need to spend a lot of time with character creation, as most of the adventures would not involve much personal dramas (unless stated otherwise), which saves time and keeps interest up.
Minimal exposition from your part makes writing posts faster and easier.
You don't have to get into the lore pages as deep.

Cons:
You cannot really show your character's depth, unless you have a lot of experience in ding that in these conditions.
Not as roleplay-heavy as long games.

I have many small scenarions in mind and at hand, but I'd like to start with one that doesn't even need for you to create characters per se. You'll be taking a role of tine demonic minions, summoned into our world, or even created on the spot out of thin air, to help your master into the land of the living. The second one would pobably be a small detective story to intervene with an assassination of an unknown target.

The games will take place in the DnD universes, but might be homebrewed, thus, need to know the lore is minimal - just the general idea of the game, and a knowledge on how to roll dice, as these games will abide DnD mechanics.

I'd like to play over here, in this website, via forums, in third person limited, and paste tense.

If you'd be interested, reply here please, so I could mention you when I make a real ad.

Id be interested. But id rather be slaying demons than ever playing one. I don't really do evil campaigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back