• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnD 3.5e: New DM with homebrew

Hatt730

No. 1 Dad
I've never done text post, but recently have taken an interest in trying it. I've only done offline DnD and also started the same campaign with my RL but I would also like to set up another group.

I would really like to do 3.5e since everything is set up in that fashion. I wouldn't mind changing it to 5e but I would really like to get the hang of 3.5e.

The story has obviously been influenced by popular culture so if you know about Buffy Lore then you will know bits and pieces. To keep it short and sweet, you've been asked to come to a funeral of a distant relative and you get assigned a quest from a mysterious man nearby. Frankly, I would like to have one character to take centre stage as the traveller going to the distant relative but it has no impact in their character. Most of all, this quest is mostly interaction with characters and solving a quest. I really love seeing PC's develop with their own character or with other PC.

The story is set in a small village that's rather scarce of people but the only influx is from travellers as of recent, it's been like this for a few weeks

The type of characters I would like to see is people with non-evil alignments and also with variation. I would love to incorporate your background into the story as well, e.g why you're here if you're a bounty hunter. This adventure requires a group that's observant, strong, and into Arcane arts. Personally, I would like to see a group that already has some sort of ties together or familiar with one another - but again, I can always improvise. We either begin at 3rd level or 1st level 

Here's a sheet to fill out if you want to be apart of it, I will be taking a max of 4 people:

How long have you been playing DnD?
Which editions do you/have you played?
Would you prefer text* or talk?
What sort of characters do you like to play?
When are you available (days, times etc)?
*If you prefer to talk, what platform do you use? (Discord, Roll20, ect)
If you prefer to talk, do you like visual aid as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

been playing dnd/pf for a good few years now, thinking on it I started around maybe 5 years ago? Maybe 6.Which editions do you/have you played?

Been around the block, mainly played pathfinder for the good stretch of time now but I've been luckily getting groups for 5th ed. Been years since I've done 3.5, even with similarities to pathfinder might need a tiny bit of time to break in the old boots again.Would you prefer text* or talk?

I can do either, once upon a time i was nervous about voice chat but I soon learned that a voice is just a voice. What sort of characters do you like to play?

About as varied as they come, tend to be an everyman in terms of personality. Centered around common sense but willing to wing it and run with stupid ideas that just might work. These days I stick to lawful oriented character, just how I am, even one of my games right now I'm playing a thief who has a strong code to follow. Far from a nice guy and abit aloof but he ain't gona let anybody kick a puppy or piss on a grave because "Hyuurr it's what my character would do." As for favored classes I float about with my ideas more often then not when it comes to generation. One day feel the need to go with magic, next day I want martial... So many good ideas, only one slot. if were doing a small village thing, a farmer's boy turned adventurer might not be to bad an idea. When are you available (days, times etc)?

With my college term coming to an end I'm going to be with a good deal of free time. next week I'll be busy with my final exams but aside form that I'll be golden. I'm free all weekends and evenings are open regardless if were doing this exam time or not. Save for thursdays  fridays for the next 2 weeks, gona be home rather late and I don't want to go to late myself. a 5;40 wake up time ain't pretty when yea just gotta get on a bus. I'm in EST by the way.*If you prefer to talk, what platform do you use? (Discord, Roll20, ect)

Discord, roll20, prefer not using skype but if were usin' it it ain't a deal breaker. Never should be really.If you prefer to talk, do you like visual aid as well?

Well, a map or such ain't a bad help, when it comes to game piece it's a givein'. But have a small display or where we are on the map and be able to mark our objective can help keep on track. Don't need to make a huge map for a single party member sneaking into a warehouse, if combat breaks out, use something simple.

that good enough fer yea or you need anythign else?

been playing dnd/pf for a good few years now, thinking on it I started around maybe 5 years ago? Maybe 6.
Which editions do you/have you played?

Been around the block, mainly played pathfinder for the good stretch of time now but I've been luckily getting groups for 5th ed. Been years since I've done 3.5, even with similarities to pathfinder might need a tiny bit of time to break in the old boots again.
Would you prefer text* or talk?

I can do either, once upon a time i was nervous about voice chat but I soon learned that a voice is just a voice. 
What sort of characters do you like to play?

About as varied as they come, tend to be an everyman in terms of personality. Centered around common sense but willing to wing it and run with stupid ideas that just might work. These days I stick to lawful oriented character, just how I am, even one of my games right now I'm playing a thief who has a strong code to follow. Far from a nice guy and abit aloof but he ain't gona let anybody kick a puppy or piss on a grave because "Hyuurr it's what my character would do." As for favored classes I float about with my ideas more often then not when it comes to generation. One day feel the need to go with magic, next day I want martial... So many good ideas, only one slot. if were doing a small village thing, a farmer's boy turned adventurer might not be to bad an idea. 
When are you available (days, times etc)?

With my college term coming to an end I'm going to be with a good deal of free time. next week I'll be busy with my final exams but aside form that I'll be golden. I'm free all weekends and evenings are open regardless if were doing this exam time or not. Save for thursdays  fridays for the next 2 weeks, gona be home rather late and I don't want to go to late myself. a 5;40 wake up time ain't pretty when yea just gotta get on a bus. I'm in EST by the way.
*If you prefer to talk, what platform do you use? (Discord, Roll20, ect)

Discord, roll20, prefer not using skype but if were usin' it it ain't a deal breaker. Never should be really.
If you prefer to talk, do you like visual aid as well?

Well, a map or such ain't a bad help, when it comes to game piece it's a givein'. But have a small display or where we are on the map and be able to mark our objective can help keep on track. Don't need to make a huge map for a single party member sneaking into a warehouse, if combat breaks out, use something simple.

that good enough fer yea or you need anythign else?

@Orikanyo

Alright! So, I should probably also say I've been playing DnD since September. I'm also available on Fridays - Sundays but only in the evenings of Fridays and only until 7pm on a Sunday. I think that's pretty good, I'll give you more information as soon as I get a few other players. I prefer to talk too btw - would probably use Discord - Skype can be a bit... unreliable. 

@Orikanyo

Alright! So, I should probably also say I've been playing DnD since September. I'm also available on Fridays - Sundays but only in the evenings of Fridays and only until 7pm on a Sunday. I think that's pretty good, I'll give you more information as soon as I get a few other players. I prefer to talk too btw - would probably use Discord - Skype can be a bit... unreliable. 

Ah, sorry i meant i'll be home much later those days.

Typically I found you'll find people on here to be more interested in pathfinder, sometimes 5th ed. roll20 I've only done a little bit of, enevr reallyw ent through the usual process of joining a game.. nerves I guess. 

Ah, sorry i meant i'll be home much later those days.

Typically I found you'll find people on here to be more interested in pathfinder, sometimes 5th ed. roll20 I've only done a little bit of, enevr reallyw ent through the usual process of joining a game.. nerves I guess. 

Oh, I mean on those days I'm awake all the time - so no big deal... so, can you or can you not make it?

Yeah, the 5e is recommended as a starter for most people new, I think. I've never tried roll20 but I've seen the adverts looking around and stuff, I don't really know to work the site tbf.

Weekends ar open. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back