• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Zaldir, chuckling at his Sister's obvious yelling at Korose indicating Ardyn's antics did not hurt her in anyway, went to the Stallion's saddlebag to pull out the rope. Turning to look at Zag. "What do you think? Maybe 20 or so feet to get us a decent hold on climbing back out the well?" He asked.

Zag simply nodded sitting on the edge of the well about to hop down. "Sounds enough."

Zaldir nodded and went to a secure spot on the well. Beginning to tie off the rope. "Alright. Mind helping me secure it in place then?" He asked as he turned to look at where Zag is sitting.

Zagaroth had already disappeared into the darkness of the well. He landed smoothly as he bend his knees and took hold of the ground with his left hand. He then stood up and brushed some dust off his clothes.

Zaldir glared at the empty space and tied off the rope securely before sending it down. "Rude!" He exclaimed. "Bloody little sneak." He then got himself into position and shouted down to Korose.

"No thanks! I got it from here! Thanks for Catching Aranaea!" He said.

"Ardyn! Make him fall and I'll give you three carrot slices!" Came his sister's angry, slightly flustered shout. Zaldir's eyed widened as he realized, a little too late, that Ardyn would almost always side with her.

"OH Gods!" Came the shout a moment later along with panicked noises.

"I wonder if My silly brother remembered he has his fancy boots he made...?" Aranaea wondered aloud.

THUMP

Zagaroth groaned out loud as Zaldir had fell on top of him, both men now on the ground. "Watch it!" He snapped annoyed at the elf.

"Guess not." Aranaea said with a grin. Zaldir moved off of the human with a slight look of apology to Zag before glaring at Aranaea.

"Karma, dear cynical, brother. Learn it."

Zagaroth, once again got up and brushed his clothes. He said no word as he took a deep breath reminding himself why he was doing this in the first place: to prove one didn't need magic to success.

"Next time be no more careful. It could have been one of the ladies." He said in calmer manner.

“Noted.” Zaldir said as he dusted himself, giving his sister a glare before clearing his throat. She did it on purpose, that much he knew. But petty sibling prank wars would have to wait. And wait they shall. “So! We all ready to search the sewers?”

Zagaroth simply nodded. He would let the others figure out the way this time. After all he was on the back of the group once again.

"I do believe we are. And thankfully with the well being retired I expect the worst we'll find are a few puddles. So no need to wade through anything unsavory." With the course set and the lamp lit, Sebastian moved to the vanguard.

And though the tunnel was a bit low for Sebastian's liking, about 8 feet judging from his own height, it sat at a more comfortable width of 12 feet. The ceiling seemed to contain piping, as evidenced by the occasional leak, while the dank brown walls made certain to echo their every sound.

Though the impact of that fact on their subtlety was dulled by the clear meaning to a light in these otherwise dark halls. Alas, as impressive as that light was it had yet to illuminate anymore of those hidden codes Zagaroth had been so kind to teach Sebastian. The difficulties of his search were exasperated by the loss of tactile feedback. He could not remove a gauntlet and look for them with such subtly as the lad without drawing attention. A consideration he would have to abandon after a turn had lead to an intersection.

After briefly staring into the twinned abyss, he decided to apologize at a more convenient time. "Give me a moment! Or a minute. Mayhaps two? Oh, and do keep a look out if you would. No harn in due caution." He reached into the pouches he had prepared earlier and pulled out a metal sphere. A tool that had seen plenty of use as both a light source and a blunt projectile.

With a low feed of mana to generate a soft white light Sebastian began his search in earnest. He first narrowed his the possibilities by following the patterns of the first set of markings. Such as the average height and distance they had been placed from the floor and junctions and by which wall they had been set.

While it did expedite the process it was only a rough estimate. They likely hadn't gone through the effort to measure every one for consistency.

"This line means... Ah! Here we go. Let us away!" He returned the orb to his pouch and resumed their march. As they traveled and the process repeated Sebastian couldn't help but notice that the correct path consistently lead deeper down whenever possible. Steady slopes would inevitably meet drops of several feet.

The purpose of their descent became apparent as they approached the final hall. A pale light called out of the darkness as the stone and cramped halls gave way to dirt and mud. A large cavern held up by many great pillars and structural collapses turned supports alike. Within was built an empty city, or more accurately a slum. From what could be seen from the sparse lighting a fair few buildings were without complete roofs, if they had any at all. And it seemed nearly every building was missing at least some wall somewhere. And that ghostly lighting, arcane in hue, were only just enough to form vague paths through this lost city.

"I dare say this is progress." Though spoken at a normal volume, Sebastian still received his own echo back. He turned around and more quietly spoke. "Careful then."

Indeed, for as empty as the place looked, they were not alone. Nearby their entry point sat a vagrant half buried in the mud. And further in lay a number of eyes watching their movements. Though no one made to move upon them, leaving the intuitive in the party's hands.

During their descent into darkness, Elena clung closely to whoever was standing nearest to her. In most instances it was Korose. Though a few times it was Sebastian. Korose, on the other hand, hung around near the center of the group and sent out occasional small pulses to get his bearings and see where everyone was at. As well, it was to check for threats around potential corners.

Finally, they came to the opening leading into the underground city. And as Sebastian made his comment about progress Elena whispered under her breath about how uneasy she felt being in such a place. Especially with the empty and sometimes even scornful looks the group was receiving from those around them.

As they pressed forward into the darkness Korose's pulses decreased in intensity to the point the others could no longer feel them, but increased in frequency as they were on uneven ground and in areas with a lot of rubble as they continued to push through hoping to find someone to talk to who would know about Ragewave. Eventually they came to a wide street, partially blocked on the left side by a collapsed building, and noticed that the way forward was blocked by a row of characters dressed in raggedy clothing but who seemed far more fit than the others they'd seen so far.

Elena slowly inched back until she felt her hip bump into Korose's own, and she spun around and took a little comfort in his presence as she stood beside and slightly behind him.

"You lot don't belong down here." Said the man in the middle whose face was hidden by a hooded cloak.

"That's not for you to decide." Korose replied calmly.

"Actually, it is." The man said as he walked forward brandishing a pistol which he pointed directly at Korose's head. "You've got five seconds to tell me why you're down here, or I'm blowing your fucking head off."

The ground around Korose slowly began churning with dark energy as he prepared his Shadowfare magic...

King Castle King Castle Pantheran Pantheran Firewind Firewind

Zagaroth had stayed behind the group watching Sebastian using his methods of finding the path. He frowned slightly reminding himself to be more careful next time. It was too risky to have the codes leak to outside. Even one person knowing how to read them was dangerous for him and his colleagues.

The thief had been hoping to avoid digging the hole under him any bigger, but then the elf had to open his mouth. Zagaroth pinched the bridge of his nose. For someone working in the underworld he seemed to have complete lack of its etiquette, or more commonly known as 'Thieves code'.

With an annoyed sigh, he walked in front of the group. "Didn't I tell you to practice patience?" He remarked at Korose when walking past him.

He placed his hand slowly but firmly on the gunman's extended arm and looked him into eyes. "The idiot is with me. Unfortunately." He stated matter of factly. "And so are the rest of them." He spoke with calm, firm tone hoping to de-escalate the situation. He didn't do it for Korose or anyone else in the group. He already knew what the "blind" elf was capable of. And he didn't want it to happen to someone he knew.

He let go off the man's hand. "We're here to find someone and then we're out. That's all."

To say Elena had become a nervous wreck would be an understatement. From the sweat dripping from her brow to the white knuckle hold she had on the lantern to her wide, unblinking eyes. Not to mention the subtle tremble in her body.

Korose, meanwhile, was just about to attack when Zag walked around him and up to the would-be gunman and put a hand on his shoulder and talked to him.

The man eyed Zag out of the corner of his eye, but kept his gun pointed squarely at Korose.

"You keep strange company, Silver Wind." He said calmly as he retracted the gun.

Elena about fell to her knees as a wave of relief washed over her, but managed to stay upright by holding onto Korose's jacket.

"You know who that is, right?" He asked aloud, prompting Korose's ears to flick a little.

Zagaroth lifted an eye at the question. He was curious of what he meant but sensed what ever the answer was would not please Korose. "Didn't think you'd know him", he said casually while scratching absentmindedly behind his right ear. Or at least that's what the gesture seemed to those who didn't know of the many signs of underworld. The simple motion of "No".

"That's-"

"None of your business!" Korose barked loudly, followed by a wave of Shadowfare magic which blew out in all directions forcing Elena to hold her skirt down with pink flushed cheeks.

"... Hmph." The man put his gun into its holster and glanced at Zag.

"Wind's whispering to me. But it won't for long." He said calmly, code for "who are you looking for."

The thief was not prepared at the sudden flow of magic, instinctively shuffling his feet as if preparing to flee. However as the man continued to talk, Zagaroth returned to his neutral position.

"Ragewave." He said in such a quiet, low voice, only he could hear him.

The man's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Seriously?" He whispered.

He leaned in a bit closer and covered his mouth with his hand so nobody could read his lips.

"You all saw the oaf in the mud when you came in, right? That'd be him. Now go get him and get out of here. Otherwise I can't guarantee that you won't pay a price with the rest of them."

Zagaroth simply nodded. He was definitely questioning his own sanity for agreeing to join with the group.

"Have a blessed night." He thanked him and turned around heading back towards the group.

He walked past Korose, ignoring him and addressed Sebastian.

"He's not far. We get him and leave. That's the deal I have made. I'm not responsible for anyone who does otherwise."

While he spoke to Sebastian, the last sentence was also meant to the ears of everyone else. Including his acquaintances who would have his permission to do as they wished if Korose or someone else stepped out of the line. Korose, meanwhile, knew all too well what was being said and his jaw clenched slightly as his blood boiled at how the little thief continued to push every button he had.

King Castle King Castle Firewind Firewind Pantheran Pantheran

The Siblings followed closely by the group, Zaldir keeping to the side of the group to be in a guarding position given his current gear. Aranaea stuck closer to the middle but certainly looked ready for anything.

By the time they reached the undercity, the time for any observations of the environment were quickly interrupted as the group was intercepted by what was possibly whoever ran this part of town regardless of the law. Zaldir kept his hand floating over the handle of his blade, but made no motion to grab it unless someone made the first attack on them.

Thankfully, and unthankfully however Korose and Zagaroth did most of the talking. Zagaroth taking the more calmer approach, whilst Korose seemed to be more aggressive. When Korose had his moment of unleashing his magic, Aranaea, who saw Elena's skirt fly up ever so slightly in the back, quickly used her free hand to shield her brother's eyes. Old enough to be an adult or not, Aranaea would protect whatever is left of her brother's innocence.

"All I understood from that outburst is that you're someone who needs a lesson in proper manners and self control." She scolded to Korose softly in Elvish as Zaldir pushed her hand away with a frown, and a slight pink dusting his face from embarrassment. Whether or not she was too late to shield him shall be left up in the air. Aranaea at the moment was staring at Korose in a probing matter, as if she was studying him.

When Zagaroth told Sebastian he found out where Ragewave was and told everyone what was to be, Zaldir nodded and gestured to Zagaroth. "By your lead then. Sooner we get out of ankle deep sewage the better." he said to Zag, hand hovering over his sword moving to rub his other hand absent mindedly. Aranaea however was still looking at Korose and merely said to him in a hushed tone in elvish;

"This conversation is far from over. You and I will be talking about this later. I want to have trust between the lot of us, starting with you. Understood?" With that being said, she readied to follow the others to find Ragewave and get the expedition to Dragon Cove well and underway. No ifs ands or buts. But then she mentally slapped herself on the head.

What in all the gods and goddesses I can name was that I just did?! I just scolded a man who is probably really not appreciative of me saying such things! She thought in a panic. She hardly even knew Korose beyond his name and yet she just scolded him like she would Zaldir! What was wrong with her?!

"Ha ha! I'm glad to see your spirits return so swiftly. And thankful we could resolve things peacefully. Thank you for that my boy." Sebastian thought about giving Zagaroth a pat on the back for his efforts, but suspected he wasn't the type.

Once they made enough distance from their... informants, he spoke softly enough to prevent unwelcome listeners. "I understand your rush. Truly. But in matters of life and death every mistake has a toll. Someone has to pay the price. And no life comes cheap. That is to say nothing of true failure. And no matter your motivation, our journey cannot afford to fail. So let's take all the time in the world if it means that we do things right."

Sebastian held no expectation that Korose would take his words to heart. But if it made him think, even just to avoid more lectures, then that would be enough.

"Hello there! A pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Sebastian." Having stopped shy of the mud, he gave a polite bow. "My colleagues and I are in need of a man of the sea. Alas, our voyage seems to be to much of an adventure for your common sailor. So we were advised to seek a man made of sterner stuff. A man known locally as ragewave. So, have we found our man?"

The man the informant claimed to be Ragewave, caked in mud from head to toe, barely budged from his spot. However...

"Tame the weeds. Kill the sands. Eat the weeds. The water waits." He muttered.

The mud-covered eyelids snapped open revealing Ragewave's slithering gray eyes in the light of the lantern held by Elena, who about jumped out of her clothing with fright with a loud "EEP! and ducked for cover behind Korose while still holding the lantern out from behind him so everyone could see.

"I see the sky through your feet. I smell the grass on your breath."

He popped to his feet and walked back and forth through the mud as if pacing.

"Boats they say. A stern and stuff they say. Mayhaps they seek the secrets of magic, do they?" He asked while turning his head and staring wide-eyed with a half smile at Sebastian.

Ah. That explains things. It would be quite hard to satisfy the demands of the aristocracy with such unorthodox mannerisms.

"Magic. And more. I want to know the secrets of the skies and the seas. Of stone and soil. To know the lost history of our past to better build the future now. Alas, I am in my last twilight. But I would yet see it proceed unto day. Might you help us find the light?" Sebastian returned Ragewave's smile with sincerity.

Ragewave's right eye twitched and he spun around to face away from the group.

"Skies? Seas? Stone and soil? He speaks in riddles he does."

Ragewave spun around again and dashed up to Korose, practically leaning against his chest with both muddy hands gripping his brand new and formerly clean jacket.

"This one has no eyes! Where did they go? Are they lost?"

Korose growled under his breath as Ragewave let go and leaned in towards Elena's lantern.

"Ah, a light to guide your way. Mayhaps you don't know the way? I can show you, I can. But-"

He glanced at Sebastian once more and pointed at him.

"The secrets of magic I cannot reveal. They aren't known. Everyone thinks they know. But they don't know! But I know. I know they're out there. The secrets are hiding in plain sight! But I will find them. I must find them."

He hopped to the side and glanced between the Elven siblings.

"The secrets of magic are not known to your kind or mine. Mayhaps you both seek the secrets too?"

Aranaea expected much, but didn’t expect what she saw of Ragewave. He wasn’t just crazy, he was babbling like an idiot about something like a child. ”Look, if you are Ragewave, we wish your help to cross the ocean, to the Cove, not discuss Philosophies in Magic-“

”Hold on Sis. Remember the plan you stressed? We talk to him and convince him. That means hearing him out.” Zaldir whispered, blinking at Ragewave’s words as he tried to think. Then he turned to Ragewave.

[color=#b8860]”You speak as if Mana, or even Essences of Magic, which I as a Smith of Magic can manipulate, has more to reveal then what we already know, or think we know. Is that it?”[/color] he asked. ”If that is so, who do you think holds the secrets of magic?”

Ragewave's eyes widened slightly and his mouth curled into an unusual and twisted smile.

"Aaaahhh... This one. He knows as well. He knows the magical arts have only just begun discovering their potential!"

He turned away and leaped around in joy for a moment before spinning and looking at Zag.

"Oh? This one. He smells like the underground."

He rushed up to Zag sniffing his shoulder, down to his chest and then back to his shoulder and getting a little too close for comfort.

"A strange mixture of grass and mud. Yes, yes. I smell no Mana on you. You have no magic. No, no, no. He has no magic. He doesn't know the secrets. Good, good. I must be the one to discover them!"

He dashed back over and sat down in his mud pit.

"A cove? They said a cove, right?"

He glanced up at the group.

"What cove is this?"

Zagaroth was indeed feeling uncomfortable taking a step back as the man was... sniffing him? The man seemed to rant about magic - something the thief gladly would stay away from.

As he watched Rageway to continue his ramblings, for a moment he suspected that Rethenson had pulled his leg when recommending this... madman. But no, he didn't seem the type to do so.

So to his typical self the thief stayed quiet.

Aranaea sighed at Ragewave’s reaction to her brother’s placating him, but Zaldir was right. They had to humor some of his ramblings a little bit so that he could listen to their requests. She took in a deep breath so that she could give her statement properly.

”Yes, a Cove. We’re trying to go to Dragon Cove, and someone recommended you, Mr. Ragewave. Do you know of said cove, and do you think you’d be able to take us?” She asked, wanting to see what would happen if they asked him directly.

Ragewave went still as stone with his head forward, but his eyes angled upwards towards Aranaea.

"... Dragon's Cove, she says." He whispered.

His eyes darted between everyone in the group before landing on Sebastian.

"Dragon's Cove, you say?"

Korose frowned.

"That's what we said. Can you take us or not?" He growled.

Ragewave glanced at Korose, then back to Sebastian waiting expectantly for an answer.

He gave a nod of affirmation. "Indeed. They have invited us on behalf of their grace to an audience. I would speak more, but here is hardly private. And we don't want anyone to interfere with our journey you see."

Ragewave's eye and cheek twitched. His eyes darted left. Then right. Then left. Then right again. Then back to Sebastian. Over to Korose. Over to Zag. To Elena who was peeking out from behind Korose. To the twins. Back to Sebastian.

"They want to see the Dragons." He mumbled.

He flipped onto his stomach in the mud, arching his back to keep his head above it all.

"They know the waters are guarded. But they wish to go anyway."

He flipped to his left side, craning his neck and looking over at Zaldir.

"The Elf knows the secrets exist. But I must find them first. They lie in Dragon's Cove. Can I bring them?"

He pushed himself up and paced.

"Should I bring them? No. They'll steal the secrets for themselves. They'll use it for war. They'll use it to kill. The Dragons will not be pleased."

He spun towards Korose and pointed a finger at him, which flung mud towards him and splattered a little bit across Korose's cheek.

"... I hate this guy." He mumbled.

Ragewave, however, was staring wide-eyed at Korose.

"They know. They know what he is. They know what he brings. They will know. The Dragons know all. The secrets are there!"

He looked at Sebastian and dashed up to him.

"They must swear not to steal the secrets. They are mine to discover. I will share once I have done so. Do they swear?!" He yelled in a screechy, gravely voice.

Zagaroth pinched the bridge of his nose. He had seen his fair share of crazy people in the underworld but never someone this extreme.

Regardless of the validity of these secrets, Sebastian could still respect Ragewave's worries. It would be a shame for such knowledge to be lost as tools of death. Thus it was easy to agree to the mans request.

"Of course. If that is what you would ask then it's the least we can do. It won't hurt us terribly to wait a while longer."

Ragewave's mouth curled into the twisted smile from earlier.

"We wait for none. We wait for all." He said looking to each group member in turn before his eyes landed on Elena who was still keeping Korose between herself and the mad mud man.

"Ooohh..." He whispered as he walked up to her, prompting her to scoot behind Korose a tiny bit further.

"This one... We need this one-"

Korose's arm shot out, blocking his path as he was reaching out towards Elena. Ragewave looked at Korose curiously, then back to Elena. He cracked his neck and looked over to Aranaea.

"Mm... Not this one." He looked back to Elena. "This one!" He said, pointing to her.

"Yes, yes. We need that one. We have the key. The secrets await! We must be off now before others follow!"

He dashed to the mud and dug his hands into the sludge. A moment later he pulled out a mud-covered coat and flung it over and around his shoulders.

"Now we are ready! Come, silly fools! We must be away! The secrets won't wait for us!" He said as he began a power walk back down the path from which they'd come.

Aranaea was startled when Ragewave looked at both her and Elena. [color=0f52ba]”I-I beg your pardon?!”[/color] she squeaked out. Zaldir however chuckled at Aranaea’s flustered state, but did glare at Ragewave for talking about Elena the way he did. He knew the group needed him, but the man was still slightly crazy! Whatever intentions were implied, Zaldir didn’t like the tone he said it in!

Well, we found him at least. And we got him to agree to take us. Our ship now has it’s captain to take us to Dragon’s Cove. Progress at least. Now to see this “Mother” who called us over there in the first place.” Zaldir said to himself. He was more than ready to follow the group, and the excitable Ragewave out of these darn catacombs!

Going back through the catacombs was a bit of a trip. Both literally and figuratively. For all of his rantings and ramblings, Ragewave certainly knew one thing: how to move. Even though his pace wasn't fast, so to speak, he still power walked like a champion athlete with no signs of fatigue or needing rest despite leading them this way and that, around turns Korose didn't remember taking, and through lower-hanging sections where Korose had to duck so as not to hit his head.

Elena, meanwhile, had clung to the center of the group as best she could. But she wasn't built for this. Keeping pace with Ragewave was tiring. And more than once she slowed enough and accidentally bumped into Aranaea, Zaldir, and one time even into Zag.

Korose continued to use his Pulse Vision to see where they were going. But with the walls and caverns as dense as they were, his sight wasn't doing him much good except to see what was directly in front of them. But he could get faint glimpses of what was overhead. And seeing the city above ground only twenty to twenty five feet away gave him hope they'd be out soon. And as they came up on a particular juncture, Korose's Pulse Vision showed him some kind of drain in the middle of it. It would make sense. If the tunnel ever flooded there would need to be a way to get rid of the water to keep the rest of the tunnels and the underground area safe. Still though. A drain at a juncture point with no other signs of water damage preparation work?

Finally, after almost thirty minutes of power walking and twisting this way and that way and crossing and re-crossing their path, as proven by them chasing their own footprints on more than one occasion, they reached a point where the madman stopped and his head twitched.

"Yes, yes. We have arrived."

He walked forward and started feeling the wall, and Korose "looked" around.

Why here? A solid wall? Perhaps a false one? But there was literally nothing else in this part of the tunnel. No vent overhead for light. No other doors or passages. It was a completely dead end. And the ground was really, really damp. Almost as if it had endured a flood recently. However, if there had been a flood then that would explain the drain he'd seen in the ground at the juncture behind them on his last pulse. But then...

Facing Ragewave, Korose sent out another pulse and his head came up slightly.

"... Brace yourselves, everyone." He said aloud for the group while bracing himself for something by bending his knees just so and turning his body perpendicular to the wall Ragewave was toying with.

Elena didn't know what to make of this motion or his words. Was there something behind that wall? Her answers came but a moment later when Ragewave pulled a lever and a section of the wall turned to the side. Water instantly began rushing into the chamber at about ankle level. And though the overall level wasn't that great, the speed at which that volume of water traveled was enough to push Korose back slightly and almost buckled his front leg. He was swiftly able to correct it and stay on his feet, but Elena was not so lucky. Her legs were immediately swept out beneath her which sent her crashing down into the water on her stomach. Pushed by the water, she was pushed backwards and sent sliding towards Zagaroth.

Zag had just enough time between when Korose said to brace before the water hit to stabilize himself. He was a little wobbly, not being built for strength like Korose. But he was able to stay on his feet when the water hit. And as Elena slid towards him he knelt down quickly, but carefully, and put his arms out to either side and caught her as she reached him. They slid back a few inches, but overall it was a safe catch. Elena had been pushed onto her back by the time she reached him, and he caught her with one hand on her shoulder and the other on her now highly exposed knee with her dress riding dangerously high.

"EEP!" She squeaked as she swiftly grabbed her dress and pushed it down as best she could with a thoroughly pink face.

Unflustered, Zag held fast and made sure Elena didn't slip away any further.

Korose growled as the water just would not stop. The waters around his feet began to sizzle as he gathered as much mana as he could. And finally unleashed his power and erected a tiny wall in front of the door which stopped the water in its tracks and gave everyone enough time to see that the passageway led straight out to the ocean meaning that the torrent would otherwise not have stopped until the door had been closed. With the water receding and everyone now out of any potential hot water, no pun intended, Korose stood up straight and glanced behind him with a Pulse to see Zag helping Elena to her thoroughly embarrassed feet. Zaldir and Aranaea seemed to have been able to keep each other upright okay by leaning on each other and leaning forward against the water. And Sebastian had also managed to stay on his feet by doing something similar to Korose by blading his body sideways against the water flow. Good.

Ragewave came around and looked at the Shadowfare magic wall Korose had put up in wonder.

"Oh hoooooo!" He exclaimed as he knelt down and tried to touch it.

"Such an interesting twist. Darkness come to life. But from where and when did it come?"

Korose would have rolled his eyes if they were open. But Ragewave seemed to have swiftly given up on the Shadowfare wall as he stood up and began walking through the water-filled tunnel ahead towards the light of day.

"Come! Come!" He called.

Korose took a breath and huffed through his nose and began to follow with Elena taking a few hop-steps forward to catch up and trying to keep Korose's large frame in front of her to hide her face from everyone.

Last edited:
After a time of following Ragewave to wherever he went, Aranaea and Zaldir were initially confused at where they were lead. Why did he lead them to a dead end, and what on earth did it have to do with anything that they hired this guy to do?! aranaea was about to voice her slight frustration until Korose called out the warning.

No sooner did The warning came Ragewave opened the hidden doork causing the deluge to come at them. Zaldir grabbed Aranaea and both leaned onto the wall and on each other as the latter used her alchemy to make a small wall, the size of a stepping stone, to try and keep the water off their legs as they leaned forward. Zaldir however bore witness to Zag catching Elena and the results that happened, as he pressed his lips together in shock and non-amusement, and with a hint of pink on his cheeks.

That little-! Okay calm down, he caught her. That’s all that matters. She‘s fine, probably flustered. He rationalized in his head as the water subsided. Aranaea huffed and groaned at the water going into her shoes as she began to follow the group to outside, Zaldir following close behind.

Fresh air and sunlight greeted them when they made it out. Aranaea then gave a long sharp whistle the moment she found solid ground. She hoped Ardyn would hear it and come to her so she could climb onto him and get away from the water. “That’s the last time I take an adventure in a sewer!” She declared with a sound of determination and finality in her tone as she began checking to see if anything else was wet aside from her ankles, shoes, and skirt.

Ragewave took a few steps out into the open daylight and paused to look out at the sea through his hands which were now shaped to mimic a telescope.

Korose stepped out of the sewer and stood up straight to stretch his shoulders, both of which released a nice loud crack. Elena jumped a bit at hearing the sound, but stuck close behind him regardless. And just as Korose took a step forward, Elena noticed something and ducked behind him. Ragewave, at the precise moment Korose stepped forward, shook his body like a dog sending little droplets of mud everywhere. Namely, straight across Korose including his face.

While he wasn't exactly caked in mud, he did now have a nice spattering of little mud spots all over himself while Elena, safe and clean from ducking behind him, smiled meekly and whispered "Sorry.".

Korose's hands clenched into fists and his lips tightened before he spat to the side.

"... You're lucky we need you." He growled before walking ahead again.

"Aye, yes, yes. You need me. The world needs me. The world needs you. The world needs the secrets of magic. Come, come, everyone! There's no time to waste!" He said with a little too much enthusiasm as he trotted down the road.

Within five minutes they'd reached a ship which was... Not exactly huge or lavish. But it was a ship. Perhaps 10 meters from end to end with only a center mast and sail. A slightly elevated platform for the wheel. And a hatch leading down below into the belly of the beast.

Ragewave hopped up the plank and on deck, turning to the others and ushering them up.

"Come now! Yes, yes! The waters of the world await! To the Cove of the divine children! Yes, yes!" He called.

Korose's ears perked at the mention of "divine children." Did that mean the Dragons? Had to be. Still, it was an odd name to give them. Mighty as they were, Dragons were mortal like any other. The battle between them and that giant Demonic beast proved as much. So why "divine" children? It didn't make sense. But he walked up the plank nonetheless and as he took his first steps on deck he had a mop and water bucket shoved into his hands.

"The deck needs cleaning! Yes, yes!" Ragewave stated happily as he moved to hand another mop and bucket to Zag.

He dashed away and returned a moment later and handed a gaggle of wooden planks, a hammer, and a little cup of nails to Zaldir.

"She has a few holes ta plug." He said, giving Zal a smile and a wink with a little elbow nudge.

He dashed away yet again and came back to Sebastian with a rolled up parchment.

"My Water Magic needs a compass. Do your eyes work?" He asked with a toothy grin.

"Why yes, and I dare say quite well too. My brother may be the sailor amongst our family but I can certainly navigate well enough." As Sebastian unfurled the parchment he realized ragewave was yet to be informed of their prior preparations. The material also seemed a tad flimsy given the importance of such tools.

"Ah, my apologies sir, but we are not quite ready to depart. I'm sure we don't have all of our belongings with us. We also have a unattended horse that needs seeing to on top of gathering the remainder of our colleagues to help expedite the journey."

He stopped smiling as he spoke. Not with his mouth but with his eyes. He had expected a nautical chart of some kind. What he had been given was certainly not made by a cartographers hand. A squiggly line for the coast. A vague blob shape for an island. The cove perhaps? And the rest wasn't going to help either. It was a good thing he had already been prepared to buy such things.

"Counting all of that and the time to load the necessary supplies we should still be able to leave today however. Unless anyone has anything else left to do in Wahton?"

SNAP!

The wood of the mop in Korose's hand split vertically in several places, splintering and sending tiny fragments of wood to the deck of Ragewave's rather unassuming vessel. This went unnoticed by Ragewave who seemed confused by Sebastian's rebuke of them leaving immediately. But Korose's fist around the mop, coupled with his shadow growing ever so slightly darker as a low, soft growl escaped through his tightly grit teeth were perfect indicators of just what he thought of cleaning duty.

Moments later, however, he felt a soft, gentle hand touch the back of his own. And that's when-

It was fast. Literally faster than humanoids could blink their eyes. But it was there all the same. So faint. Yet so potent.

Korose's head turned and he sent out a weak pulse to see Elena's face looking at him with worry and... Another emotion. One he hated seeing.

... I'm scaring her. He thought.

Korose's hand loosened on the mop and Elena slowly took it from him with a smile. He took a deep breath and heaved a sigh before turning his head towards Sebastian.

You felt it too, didn't you? He thought.

If anyone else felt what Korose did for that briefest of instants when Elena touched him, it would be the old man. Even though Korose felt the man thought too much of himself and his "Master" status, he was a Master for a reason.

Korose looked at the back of his hand where Elena's finger had touched him and he could still feel a subtle tingling left behind. Elena, meanwhile, was busy tying a little bit of cloth around the mop where Korose had splintered it so nobody would get any wood poking into their hands if they used it or moved it around, so she didn't see what came next. But Korose turned his head towards her and his rather permanent scowl deepened ever so slightly.

I wonder if the others felt it too? He thought, glancing briefly over towards Zaldir and Aranaea.

He doubted it. Korose may not have officially completed any Master level training or schooling. But he had over 200 years of experiencing mastering his Shadowfare magic his own way. And he barely caught the sensation despite it happening to him. If either of the siblings had felt it, he'd be more than a little impressed.

Zaldir was flabbergasted at the ship they were led to and then the sudden work he was given. He was halfway tempted to say his piece when Master Sebastian beat him to it by saying there’s still a lot of preparation and supplies to gather. Of course when the unattended horse was brought up, he heard his sister’s voice say,

“Unattended my brother‘s left foot! I just called for him! And if Ardyn has half a brain (which is more than my brother‘s wits mind you), he’ll be here any-Oh! there‘s my big boy!” She stated, before exclaiming in joy at the arrival of the stallion, who was trotting at a fast pace to the dock and gave everyone on the boat a look as if to ask if he misses anything, and also gave the boat a critical eye as if to say ‘You want me to go in that? Ha!‘

Zaldir sighed at Aranaea’s antics and heard Korose snap the mop in two with his grip. He turned to look towards him and Elena. Least she’ll get him off the hook. Looks like I’m patching up holes. Wait A minute. Why would I do that when I need my personal effects?!

Aranaea snapped her head and blinked. “Strange...“ she muttered to herself In elvish. For the faintest second she thought she felt something. “Zal. Be a dear and fetch our things before you do any hole patching. Or better yet, give the boards to me. My Alchemy will be of better use then your magic smithing.“

“And what’s that supposed to mean?!” The younger Kestal Sibling asked incredulously. Ardyn whinnied in a way that felt like mocking laughter at his master, earning the stallion a vengeful glare. “Don‘t think I haven’t forgotten what you did to me...”

Last edited:
It had been for but a moment, but Sebastian was sure he felt the movement of mana. It would seem he had yet another topic to discuss later. Just how many more was there going to be before the day was out?

Still, there were matters to address in the present. As he returned the "map" to ragewave he spoke. "To set things in motion I will first inform the dock workers to begin their labor. Then I shall make way to our lodgings to gather my things and inform the rest to do the same. Of course you are welcome to travel with me if you'd like. Other wise, do tell me if I can be of service." His declaration made, he moved to disembark the ship.

Korose took a breath and huffed a sigh through his nose before disembarking as well.

Mop your own fucking ship. He thought.

Ragewave blinked at Sebastian and the goings on around him, but didn't seem too perturbed by it.

"Yes, yes. We must make haste. But we haste with caution. Yes." He said as he happily disembarked himself.

Upon reaching the shore he suddenly took a long hard look at Korose before dashing up to him and examining him head to toe in a circle.

"You! What's wrong with YOU?" He suddenly shouted drawing a little too much attention from the crowd for Korose's taste. "Something's amiss. I feel it. The ancient energies. The mana flowing. You're a magic user!"

". . . Yes. I know. I used it in the sewers."

"Hoooooo! Such intrigue!"

"It's not that intriguing."

Elena cocked her head to one side as she finished disembarking.

What an odd man. She thought.

The group followed Sebastian to first pick up Ardyn before making their way to follow Sebastian to another part of the docks. There, they had to wait for quite some time while Sebastian negotiated the hiring of dock workers to move all of the group's belongings and move all the agreed upon storage items from the storage sheds secured by Sebastian beforehand and load them onto Ragewave's vessel. Korose, Zag, and Zaldir all pitched in as well to help move things onto the ship.

In order to better help propel the vessel, they'd need the help of Water mages. But Wahton itself had been rather barren as far as Mages or anyone willing to go with them, so Sebastian once again took point on the effort and was required to teleport several times to pick up members of the team who would be joining them on the journey ahead. And doing so, while far more expedient than any foot travel could ever hope to be, still took quite some time to complete. When all was said and done, they'd managed to secure a total of six Water mages to help them gain access to the Cove.

By the time the group was finally ready to depart, the sun was setting rapidly and beginning to disappear beyond the horizon. With a few flicks of their wrists the Water mages managed to push the ship away from the docks and turn it out to sea letting the sail in the center mast catch the wind and help send them on their way. Ragewave took the wheel and went on many more of his unusual and nonsensical rants about the mysteries of mana and the secrets yet to be uncovered in Dragon's Cove.

Meanwhile, Elena stood at the bow of the ship well into the night as the moon shone brightly overhead. The ship cut through the water beautifully with the aid of the water mages. And the speed at which it traveled created a stream of wind sailing past her face which carried her hair out behind her in long flowing rivulets of shimmering amber locks.

"This is so much fun!" She said to herself.

Korose, meanwhile, was below deck lying on his cot and content to avoid contact with everyone. He'd had enough interactions for one day. And yet...

"THERE you are!" Ragewave shouted.

Korose's jaw clenched and his right cheek twitched as he turned his head away from the direction of the sound.

"The magic you wield! It's dark and mysterious! Is it Shadowfare? Is it something darker? Necromancy perhaps?!"

"Go... Away..."

"But the knowledge contained in your magic must be uncovered and shared! Tell, tell! Yes, yes!"

And then Korose had a thought.

"... Who's steering the ship?!" He yelled as he sat upright.

King Castle King Castle Pantheran Pantheran Firewind Firewind

Last edited:
After delivering the details of his order to the relevent staff Sebastian had escorted his companions to their lodgings. Due to the formal nature of his visit the building was in a wealthier section of the city, lest he lack the necessary presence for his work. There he informed the water mages of their departure before seeing to his own luggage.

That done he then separated from the group to say his farewells to the local lord. Lastly, he would see to finalizing the purchase of the sea charts that they would need. His business concluded he rejoined the party and assisted as needed before they set sail.

Once upon the open seas, with neither the risk of combat nor the need to display authority he could remove his armor. It took several minutes to undo every buckle and strap, to release his burden of steel and shed his padded hide. Afterwards Sebastian took a moment to stretch his body in the ways his armor would not allow before he swapped his shirt and donned his gloves. His choice of clothes were, perhaps unexpectedly, plain. No fine embroidery or designs nor rare dyes to be seen. Sebastian decided it was he would be fine to leave both his knife belt and robes behind given present company.

He would wait for everybody to settle in before making the rounds or any other inquiries. Though perhaps he would leave Korose for another time given his initial respose to Ragewave.

"Well I would hope one of my colleagues can stop propelling the ship a moment to handle things at least. But being able to manipulate water is hardly a guarantee to know how to steer a ship." Sebastian calmly replied to Korose's question.

Last edited:
Zaldir had managed to, after collecting Ardyn and their things (his essences and any hard to find smithing material Aranaea couldn’t transmute with her alchemy in particular), and getting them onto the ship to find a spot to take a breather on the ship the group actually got for their expedition. He was thoroughly tuckered out from all the meandering about looking for Ragewave and then dealing with his eccentricities. Eccentricities that seemed to involve pestering Korose at every turn for some odd reason.

At hearing the blind elf’s shout of who’s steering the ship Zaldir called out in return from where he was taking his rest, “If I had to venture a guess, Naea’s bloody classmate!” he shouted as he got himself comfy again, feeling bored.

I wonder how Elena is holding up. Or better yet, how Sis is dealing with the fact ahe’s traveling with an old schoolmate of hers. He pondered as he sat and thought about maybe visiting her to see.

Meanwhile, at the helm was indeed one of the water mages hired on, which coincidentally was the classmate Aranaea mentioned about in passing. To say it was a tense reunion was best a slight understatement.

“Hey Sapphy, you really think there’s something over at that cove? Better yet why do I bother having to keep the course when the eccentric navigator is pursuing one of your companions?” Asked the Half Elven water mage in question.

“Because, Osmorn.“ Aranaea replied, who was getting fresh air and wanting a chat with her old friend, “You could use some fresh air and some company.“

“If you say so. Just so long as you don’t hold that hair dye incident over me. That was not my prank and you know it.“ Said the dark haired male as he steered the ship, eyes of blue-grey glancing at her every now and again.

“Keep telling yourself Ozzie Arzan. Keep telling yourself that.“ She teased with a smirk of her own, using his nickname which caused the half elf to look at her with a flustered look.

“Well, I will!“ Osmorn Arzan, Half Elven Water Mage Graduate of Lysander Academy rolled his eyes trying to concentrate on the directions given. “Freaking Witch at times you know that?”

Aranaea only laughed all the harder at that statement.

Korose scowled.

"Rgh." He grumbled.

"Do not be fearing young one! The ship will sail true! Yes, yes!"

"... Get back to the wheel, and leave me alone."

"Ah, so cold and cruel. The world you escaped from has shaped you so. Yes, yes."

Korose refused to acknowledge him as he walked over to the edge of the ship and leaned on the railing with both hands.

Elena, meanwhile, continued to stand at the bow enjoying the breeze and the feeling of it through her hair.

"So relaxing." She whispered.

As they spoke Sebastian's body prompted him into thought."I should also check the kitchen. It's a small ship so nothing fancy. Not that I could anyway. Maybe a stew? Would my pan fit? Oh right, sinking! Perhaps."

"I suppose I might as well go check how things are going above deck anyway. Just don't get into too much trouble without me. I'd hate to miss the mischief."

Making his way above deck he was pleased, but not particularly surprised to see things were handled. Given the state of things Sebastian decided to check in with the other water mage. When he was done he made his way to Elena.

"Enjoying our voyage so far?" He spoke in high elvish. He hoped it would be a comfort to speak in her native tongue. And he did not mind the opportunity to practice the oft unused skill of his.

Elena was somewhat startled by Sebastian's appearance. She'd been so engrossed in enjoying the view and the feeling of the wind against her face that she'd lost track of all other happenings.

"I am indeed!" She chirpped.

"By chance have you sailed these waters before?"

"While not this particular stretch of blue, I have had the fortune to sail every ocean at least once in my travels. And yourself? We aren't too far from Lau'sha's port."

Elena looked back out to the open sea ahead.

"I've seen paintings and enjoyed looking at the water from afar. But this is the first time I've been on the ocean. It's beautiful."

"I quite agree. To be surrounded by nothing but sky and sea from one horizon to another." Sebastian leaned foward, resting on the railings. The simple sound of the rolling sea encompassing the moment of silence. "It's a humbling experience. And but one of this world's many marvels."

Elena nodded.

"It is."
Glad to see that Elena was in high spirits and good health Sebastian decide to continue his rounds.

"Thank you for your time miss Elena. I shall take my leave to see to our companions before arranging supper. Do tell me if there is anything you might need."

Elena nodded happily and returned her gaze to the open sea ahead.

Zaldir had finished his resting and double checked his stock of magic essence. Nodding to himself that it’d be enough for the time being, he stretched his legs, got his armor on, and decided to go up onto the deck and have a look out at the sea. The young fifty seven year old elf had never been out on the open seas before, and he’d definitely want to see it!

When he got up to the deck he saw his sister still talking with Osmorn near the helm, and he rolled his eyes with a chuckle. “She‘s definitely holding the dying of her hair over his head. Poor Oz.” he muttered in Elvish. He noticed Elena gazing at the sea from the bow and nodded to himself as he looked from the starboard side, close to the bow where he could see the entirety of the right of the ship.

He took a deep breath of the salty air and coughed a bit. “Maybe not do that again.“ he said as he coughed again. Indeed, it was a lesson learned and he definitely learned it.

The winds blew gently across the deck as the journey to Dragon's Cove entered its 4th day. Despite being a straight shot on any world map, the distance was vast even when propelled by the magic of Water Mages.

Elena had made something of a favorite spot out of the forward bow where she enjoyed watching the waves of the ocean as her hair gently cascaded out behind her along with her dress drifting lazily about her legs. Korose had taken to staying below deck and huddling in the darkness of the rear corners near the stairway leading from the belly to the deck. And Zag had taken to staying in the Crow's Nest.

On this day as they neared the exact midpoint of their journey Korose had broken character and was out on deck standing just beneath the center mast. He'd been acting edgy all morning and stood up straight with his arms at his sides which was unusual as he'd rarely been seen without them crossed since getting on board at the docks. But perhaps even more interesting was that Elena, despite being in her usual spot, was not smiling today.

Ragewave, meanwhile, had been at the wheel most of the time, day in and day out. If the man ever rested, he must have been sleeping with his eyes open.

As the sun slowly began sinking behind a light layer of white clouds casting shadows across the deck, Korose's back stiffened...

While Sebastian welcomed the shade. With clear skys, smooth waves and a fair breeze he decided to practice his sword drills while he was otherwise unoccupied. And the speed and grace with which he moved could surprise the uninitiated given that his blade was longer than some full grown men! Or perhaps Sebastian's health, despite his age, was the real marvel.

Built like a griffin, a lifetime of training had turned his inherited might into a lean wall of muscle tuned as an exceptional instrument of battle. An instrument well honed, as evidenced by a number of scars dotting his body. They were both marks of pride and reminders of his mortality to Sebastian. Every one had a story, every one a brush with death. Though the scars themselves belied this fact thanks to the wonders of arcane healing. And limits too, as these otherwise mortal wounds could only be reduced to moderate scars.

Though his practice had been kept rather light. There seemed an odd mood to the day, and he wanted to be fresh should he be needed.

Aranaea had gone up for air that morning to try and clear her head. She had a distinctive migraine last night and whilst it was gone, she took the morning slower than usual. She had a staff on her just in case anything was amiss, and thus was not I’ll prepared if something nasty came their way.

Meanwhile, also coming up to deck, decked in his armor, was of course her younger brother. Zaldir had spent the majority of his time thus far ensuring his stocks of essence was safe for the time being, and occasionally trying his best to make conversations with the crew and adventuring companions. Osmorn told him a lot of Aranaea’s school days, which gave him ammunition to tease and mess with his sister, as younger brothers often do.

Both Siblings observed the old Master Sebastian practicing with his weapon, making Aranaea blink with surprise. He’s a veteran magus alright. Though how at his age he’s able to use such a beastly weapon I shall never know! Aranaea thought to herself. Zaldir in the meanwhile also spotted Elena.

He wanted to have courage to communicate with Elena more often but she seemed happy simply watching the trip from the front how most days, and didn’t want to disturb any peace she had from it. He walked toward her this morning it hesitated when she saw the way she looked. He then realized Elena wasn’t smiling at all.

“Halfway to the cove, and she isn‘t smiling…” He said aloud in observation and put his mind rolling on guesses as to why. But then he saw Aranaea.

She was eyeing Korose. Then she blinked. Wait a minute… He’s never been up on deck before! Something’s got him riled up. Maybe I should ask him.

She began walking towards him when she saw him stiffen up with the shadow of the clouds over the sun. Zaldir, who had also noticed this moved his hand to his sword. If Korose was out and about and on edge and Elena wasn’t smiling, something was off. And when something is off, one must never be entirely too careful. “Even a Canary fluttering in a panic in a mine can be just as much a signal as if it saw a cat ready to pounce.” His mentor had always told him.

And her lessons had never failed me yet, in smithing or in life! Zaldir thought to himself.

The temperature rose about 2 degrees, and the winds died away all but completely. The spray of the water against Elena's face felt warmer. And she slowly backed away from the bow of the ship until she bumped into the forward mast and froze in place.

Korose's jaw tightened, his fists clenched until the knuckles were white, and his head slowly shifted to the port bow (left).

"Stay away from the edges!" He called.

Ragewave started glancing around frantically.

"I see nothin' but the sea young seasnapper! What're ya goin' on about?" He chirpped.

The deck of the ship beneath Korose's feet turned black as the darkest void of space between the stars on a moonless night. And slowly it extended out until it encompassed the entire deck. Ragewave danced about as if trying to avoid it while yammering about Korose's 'misuse' of the Shadowfare magical art form. But Korose paid him no mind. There was a reason for this.

Korose let out a powerful pulse which was physically visible as the air around his body was distorted by the force of it. That force from the pulse didn't go far. A few feet, maybe. But the rest of the pulse, fueled by Mana, was felt by all. Even Zag felt it atop his perch in the Crow's nest and huddled down with a hand on his knife as he observed the waters growing slightly darker around the base of the boat.

Elena started moving around the forward mast and closer to Korose. But as she turned to face his direction she paused. Her eyes went wide as she saw... Something... A red glow which creeped faintly through the fabric of his blindfold. She blinked several times and the glow disappeared. Had it been her imagination? Nerves, maybe? No, it couldn't be th-

The water around the base of the boat exploded skyward as a torrent of tiny demonic imp-like creatures, all with glowing red eyes, flew up into the air and began swarming around the boat like bees while screeching and growling their lungs out. Korose grabbed Elena's lapel and pulled her in close, earning a surprised blush from the maiden, and lowered his stance.

"Don't let them bite you!!"

Korose's body began emanating a black aura which also encompassed Elena who huddled as close to him as possible as her eyes locked onto one of the creatures which flew directly at her with jaws agape. Elena screamed in terror as it sped towards them, and shut her eyes just prior to what would have been its jaws against her neck before she felt a tiny splash of liquid against her cheek. Opening her eyes she saw Korose's hand out with a tentacle of darkness which had shot through the creature's mouth and out the back, stopping it in its tracks and killing it all but instantly.

Elena's stomach churned and she covered her mouth as Korose threw the creature's body aside and sent out another Pulse to see what was happening around them.

Aranaea quickly got into action by first transmuting a hairpin into a staff and hitting a demon back into the water. “Zaldir! Do your Zaldir thing! Now!“

Another demon leapt at the elder Kestal sibling, but was swiftly beheaded, it’s neck cauterized from the blow. The edge of Zaldir‘s blade was glowing white hot. Zaldir spun the blade, which was imbued with the essence of flame manipulation.

Gotta keep the Flow of mana I got going to keep the blade’s edge hot for at least three or maybe four minutes. Any more, I might melt the blade. Also at the worst spot beside melting, I pour in too much, the mana might get violent with me! Zaldir thought furiously as he swung at another demon, dividing it in two parts and kicking one into the ocean. I’m sure the only one having fun on this boat trip right now is my fucking horse. Ardyn had to be bloody comfortable whilst I‘m here fighting for my life! Gods and Goddesses, I wish my life was a bit easier!

He sighed and looked at around at the remaining demons and called out to Korose. “Please tell me this was all they got.“

Zagaroth was, for once, enjoying a moment of peace. He had taken liking to staying in the crow's nest, much to annoyance of the barrelman, who had eventually given up trying to get Zag away. After all the thief mostly just sat there and moved to other side when asked. Zag had found it to be most comfortable spot in the ship, far away from the annoying demon and high ground was his preferred choice.

Once again, he was sitting down, eyes closed, resting his back on the mast, when he heard a loud: "What the hell is that?!" Zag frowned, opened his eyes and stood up. "What the hell is wh-?" His voice cut as he saw the black swarm heading towards the ship.

While the barrelman was ringing the bell to alert everyone, Zag was quick to head down from the mast and dashing towards the safety under deck. He was done with fighting against.... Whatever these things were. However the little buggers turned out to be faster, swarming around the ship, leaving him no choice but grab a dagger from his belt, gritting his teeth.

He gritted his teeth while swinging at the closest one. There was too many of them. His dagger did only so much damage and using throwing knives would be a waste. "If only I had a short sword." He muttered while backing up, scanning his eyes for more efficient weapon.

__

Aranaea cursed to herself as her brother seemed to not comprehend the massive amount of demons he was fighting against. She then spotted the human fighting with only a dagger and not much else as she then vaulted over several demons to get to him, her desire to simply lend aid and nothing more regardless of the danger she put herself in. She then used her staff to sweep several of the small buggers away.

“Of all the things, you have a dagger and Knives?? Hold on a moment!” She said to him, in a scolding manner as she grabbed a decent sized plank of wood, transmuting it into a short sword.

“There! Now you have a better blade to work with.” She said, feeling a bit winded from having to pour her magic out like that as she swatted another Demon away with her staff. “Korose! I hope you got something to thin this gaggle of demons down!”

__

"I'm a thief! Carrying a sword is the same as announcing where you are." Zagaroth replied to her while trying to drive off the demons. While Aranaea was working on her alchemy, he noticed one of them trying to bite his left arm. "Gr! You little bugger." He quickly stabbed it with his dagger effectively killing it.

When Aranaea handed him the sword, he failed to hide his surprise. One, for the fact that she gave her a sword, and two, about it even being possible for her to create one just like that. He changed the dagger to his left hand and took the sword into his right. "Thank you miss." He nodded at her and gave the sword a quick look. While the design was simple, the blade was sharp steel and that was what mattered the most.

He gave it a somewhat awkward swing towards the demons. "How long has it been since I held a sword.... Must be several years by now." He had been taught how to use a sword by his father, but he had found throwing daggers to be much better suited for him. However, after a few more swings he was starting to get used to the weight of the sword and as the lessons came back to his mind, he adjusted his moves accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back