• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divinity Unbound OOC Discussion Page

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Question: do other races (mainly the longer-lived ones such as elves) mature more slowly than humans in this setting?

I ask because I've had Denri graduate at the age of 168 under the assumption that he is in mid-adolesence at this time and was mentally too young to go to school previously (as I assume is the case with all elves).

GojiBean GojiBean

Good question.

For the first twenty-ish years of life, Elves and other long-lived species age about the same as humans do. But once in their early-mid twenties, they stop aging all but entirely until they're about 80% through their life span. They will very, very slowly put on a few signs, like by age 750 a female Elf will look like a woman in her mid 30's. But it's SUPER slow. And again, proper aging effects don't kick in until they're about 80% through their life span.

Thanks! Well in that case I have some revisions to make!

Hello everyone!

If there's anyone who hasn't yet finished their character, please try your best to do so by tomorrow evening. I know that's really coming up fast, but I want to make sure that by Thursday morning I have my final list of participants and their character(s).

If you can't finish a character by then, please contact me as soon as possible. I am willing to extend the deadline to Thursday morning for submissions, but I can't go much later than that. Come Thursday evening when I get home from work, the RP will close to further submissions and I will put together the introductory post for the RP and invite those who have made the cut to join a new Discord server I've put together.

Thank you all for showing so much interest and appreciation for this RP so far! And if your character doesn't make the cut, please know that it's nothing personal and that it doesn't mean your character wasn't good enough or that I didn't want them involved. I simply had to make a choice. I know my limits as a GM, and allowing a maximum of 10 players to participate is where my limit is with respect to my abilities to keep order and maintain a fun and safe role-playing environment for all participants!

Thank you everyone! I look forward to the final announcement on Thursday!

GojiBean GojiBean Would it be alright if I added a "Gear" section to my cs to detail what items Denri has? In particular I would like to specify what enchanted equipment he has.

Two fancy swords and some life-saving armour! I know where most of my contract pay has gone haha!

Saracen_Rue Saracen_Rue Firewind Firewind StaidFoal StaidFoal redroseknight redroseknight Zero Two Zero Two CystalChompound CystalChompound Pantheran Pantheran alwaystheOptimist alwaystheOptimist StarWarsGeekGirl StarWarsGeekGirl Torch Bearer Torch Bearer Kashima Kashima Rassforth Rassforth The Silent Z The Silent Z M Moongrid Kloudy Kloudy King Castle King Castle Nessi Nessi pointmango pointmango RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 Zeth Zeth

Just to create a bit of buzz, the intro post for the RP is already complete and will be posted on Friday at around 12pm Pacific Standard Time (when I take my lunch break at work). Once it's up, those who have been accepted into the RP will be free to post their character's introduction.

The situation is that our characters (which I will trust you to find a reason for yours to be here) have made their way to Lau'sha where the day of the meeting between Royal Family representatives from each of the humanoid races is set to take place at high noon to decide how to handle the situation regarding the summonings of Demonic beings. Given that this is an incredibly historic day (a first in history, in fact) it should be easy enough to fabricate a reason to be in attendance. Work, just to catch a glimpse, educational purposes, making new business connections, etc, etc. Find a way and reason to be here. If you are having trouble, hit me up and I'll help you put something together.

Please be aware that as of tonight (2/19/2020) at 8:30pm PST, I will no longer be accepting new profiles or character submissions from those who've already expressed interest. So please have your characters finished by this time. If you cannot make this deadline, please speak up immediately. If nobody speaks up by the time I arrive home to check my computer for responses tonight, I will consider anyone who hasn't yet submitted their profile to have withdrawn. Presuming someone does speak up and ask for an extension, the final deadline will be no later than tomorrow, 2/20/2020, at 4pm PST. That's the absolute latest that I can allow for.

Tomorrow evening, somewhere between 8:30pm-9pm PST, I will announce the final list of those who have been accepted into the RP. Those who have made it in will receive links to the Discord Server I created for DU via a private message from yours truly, and once the introduction post goes up at about 12pm PST on Friday, everyone will be free to get in their first posts (please wait to submit another post until everyone has gotten their intros in, thanks!).

Thank you all, and I hope you all look forward to tomorrow evening's final announcement of who's in!

~ GojiBean

King Castle King Castle Mind if Denri arrives with Sebastian as a bodyguard? Should fit well with what we've already planned, I feel.

Sorry for the lateness of getting my character off, I've been getting a bit sleepy. He's very much just on the brink of completion, though. I just like to be thoroughly decently written.

I am SO SORRY for disappearing, everyone! It's been crazy IRL lately! >.<

GojiBean GojiBean I eagerly await your final choices. I think I finally found a voice I like, lol! And I promise to bribe you with infinite questions, if you let me be in the final pick. :P It'll be so bad, you'll say you were part of an Inquisition.

Saracen_Rue Saracen_Rue Firewind Firewind StaidFoal StaidFoal redroseknight redroseknight Zero Two Zero Two CystalChompound CystalChompound Pantheran Pantheran alwaystheOptimist alwaystheOptimist StarWarsGeekGirl StarWarsGeekGirl Torch Bearer Torch Bearer Kashima Kashima Rassforth Rassforth The Silent Z The Silent Z M Moongrid Kloudy Kloudy King Castle King Castle Nessi Nessi pointmango pointmango RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 Zeth Zeth

Hi everyone.

As of this posting, no further character submissions will be accepted.

I will be carefully reviewing all of your characters, and will announce my final decision of the 9 Players (and their characters) who will join me in this RP by no later than 10pm tonight (and yes, I am giving myself a little more time to review because I need it, lol).

Thanks!

My greatest apologies, I had been trying to submit my character application for a few hours now, but was unable to due to the fact that my computer had been acting very strangely since last night. Pointless as it may be, I ask that my character possibly might simply be looked at after mod approval, and simply that. I do not expect any leeway for acceptance, especially at this point, but on the far away, off-chance possibility that may happen, I write this. At the very least, thank you so much for the previous cooperations, and I wish great things for your endeavors in this RP.

My greatest apologies, I had been trying to submit my character application for a few hours now, but was unable to due to the fact that my computer had been acting very strangely since last night. Pointless as it may be, I ask that my character possibly might simply be looked at after mod approval, and simply that. I do not expect any leeway for acceptance, especially at this point, but on the far away, off-chance possibility that may happen, I write this. At the very least, thank you so much for the previous cooperations, and I wish great things for your endeavors in this RP.

Hello Red. Thank you for posting, and thank you for your maturity in wishing this RP, and its players, the best.

As much as it saddens me to say, I cannot bend on my decision to deny submissions after my deadline. I did read through Aldous' profile and found him to be quite entertaining and quirky, and I'm sure if you ever decide to use his character design in another RP that he will do very well.

Thank you, and I wish you well on all of your current and future RP endeavors as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back