• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divinity Unbound OOC Discussion Page

Main
Here
Characters
Here

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi guys!

This is the official OOC thread for Divinity Unbound to discuss any and all things related to the RP. As best you can, please try to keep conversation here relevant to the RP. If you want to shoot the breeze or ponder the existence of the universe, please do so in pm's or something like that.

Fair enough?

Also...

* Magic
* Races
* Creatures, Realism, and Expectations! Oh My!

Thankies!!

Last edited:
Hoi everyone.

Thanks to a friend, I came to realize something about one particular race I put on the list: High Elves.

I wrote their lore as being "all but extinct," but kept them on the playable list for whatever reason which is an oversight on my part. As I intend for Elena to be the only High Elf in the RP, I'm going to take the High Elves off the playable list. Elena being the only High Elf is plot-related, and she will have an important role as both a character and a plot device later in the RP.

So, I do apologize to everyone who wanted to add High Elf to their character history. It was my fault for leaving it as playable when my intention was to have Elena be the only one due to lore and plot reasons. I didn't think the High Elf would gain traction, but now that it has, and now that a friend pointed out that it would be unfair to leave the race as "playable" given my intentions for the species, I have made the adjustment.

Hopefully you guys can forgive me for this lapse in judgement. I won't hide from it, and I accept responsibility for the mistake.

Thank you!

I'm interested! Are like, sentient unicorns a thing? Not the kind that can shapeshift, but The Last Unicorn type?

I was planning on making a male unicorn, actually :-0

Well... Unfortunately, I've designed this RP around humanoids.

But I can offer a compromise.

The Miithi transform into animals. And I never ruled out unicorns being a species in the RP. So if you want to make a Miithi who can transform into a unicorn, I can allow that.

Well... Unfortunately, I've designed this RP around humanoids.

But I can offer a compromise.

The Miithi transform into animals. And I never ruled out unicorns being a species in the RP. So if you want to make a Miithi who can transform into a unicorn, I can allow that.

Oh boy, that makes things more interesting, huh? I'd love to do something like that if that's okay!

Oh boy, that makes things more interesting, huh? I'd love to do something like that if that's okay!

Certainly. If you have any questions about the Miithi that you can't find a definitive answer to in the Races thread, hit me up in a pm and I'll help fill you in.

'Ello there! Can you tell us about anything about the state of the nations/countries in the RP? I want my character to be a son of a medium/major nobleman. (Like, a count, but not a Duke. Note: I am going by Pathfinder's Noble Ranking system. 😅 )

'Ello there! Can you tell us about anything about the state of the nations/countries in the RP? I want my character to be a son of a medium/major nobleman. (Like, a count, but not a Duke. Note: I am going by Pathfinder's Noble Ranking system. 😅 )

Welp. I can try. Lol.

Okay, so basically the humanoid races are all at peace with one another right now. No wars. No serious war-tensions. Etc.

However, the social state is one of incredible unease. More and more frequently, Demons and other dark forces have been summoned through forbidden spells by dark mages whom nobody can seem to find or stop, and he Demons have been wreaking havoc on a relatively small (but still incredibly violent) scale.

The most prominent leaders from around the world, and across all humanoid races, are gathering (the day of the gathering is when the RP starts) to discuss how they can all work together to put a stop to these summonings. And if the meeting doesn't go well, or if, for whatever reason, they can't figure out what to do, then basically we're all doomed to wait and hope that things work out for the best. And you can bet that tensions will start rising if that takes place. And, worse still, tempers and finger pointing may lead to conflict which would only further fuel the Demonic summonings as they're more easily completed in areas where chaos and negative energy are concentrated. So the worse the state of things, the more Demons we'll see.

So the whole world is basically holding its breath right now.

As for your character's status, you are free to use whatever system you want. Nations from around the world will have different systems from others, so there's no reason to lock in only one system. Know what I mean?

Hopefully this helped! If you've any more questions, shoot!

:coolshades: Cool.

Yeah, I'm trying to go along the lines of this:

So, my guy's family (whom I need to think of a name... a more original name than the standard four or five I use....) was kind of in debt (and maybe held in contempt.) to multiple other noble houses. However, that all changed with his grandfather. Or, at least, the process of rebuilding the house started with him. He essentially spent all of his life plotting and working to get his house back out of the hole and more respected. (More of the latter of working hard than plotting, because it was plotting that led to the house's ruin in the first place. And drunkenness. And gambling. All three can be traced back to the grandfather's father and above, for maybe, like, three or four generations.) While he didn't have any magical affinity, he took care to impress a girl who did have magical affinity. As such, three sons. The first son, my guy's dad, was to take on the role of the lord. The second born was to learn all about merchandising and sales and business and whatnot. The third was to be enrolled in a magical academy.

Enter the OC's father's generation. Yeah, all three followed their father's plans, to some extent or another. But, (as you may guess.) all three had problems of their own. (Though fortunately, mitigated by their father's harsh discipline.) The youngest, he was brilliant. Absolutely so; however, he had poor social skills. Atrocious. Like, he stared at people when they asked him questions at times. The middle kid was bright- perfect for a merchant job. The thing was, he got rather fixated. So much so, that if he wanted you to take his deal, he wouldn't let up. He might (I emphasize the might.) even visit you in the night, waking you up, in order to get a deal done. And the oldest? He was essentially a psychopath. Not the stabby stabby kind, but he rarely displayed emotions at all. He could do things without batting an eye, things that others would find extremely disturbing. However, he still knew his right and wrong. If only really because it was by the law.

Deep breath.

Now it's my OC's turn. He's inherited his father's personality, but with the added dash/sprinkle of his mother's more freewheeling and joival/flitting attitude. As such, while he may appear rather blank faced, he really enjoys helping people out, and wants to explore the world, which clashes with his desire to make his dad proud. Among other things.

Basically, its a reason for me to make a Kuudere. :)

Sorry for the long description. I simply like doing world-making and backstories.

So. After Allll of that, two questions:
Is this feasible/not stupid?
Are there any specific kingdoms, or are we allowed to kind of... make our own? (With your supervision, of course.)

1) I love the idea
2) Yes, you're allowed to make up a Kingdom for your character's backstory with my supervision before final implementation

(Sorry for the short answer, but I'm about to go to bed, lol)

Hi everyone!

A REALLY good question came up in a pm with a player about money and wealth. So here's how it works in this RP (and yes, this is taken direct from the pm's):

This world runs on a simple metal coin system. Best way to describe it would be: One Copper is $1 USD. One Silver is $50 USD. And one Gold is $500 USD.

So if someone says they'll pay you a Gold Piece, that's a lot of money. Nothing groundbreaking or life-changing, but it's easily food for a month, if not more. And for most people, that's enough to take whatever deal was just offered.

Most "Noble" families will boast a personal value of around 10,000 Gold ($5 million), and most "Wealthy" families will be closer to 200,000 Gold ($100 million).

So, this is kind of the basic scale for how money works in the RP. If you ever want to know how much something costs, let me know and I'll give you the basic calculation. Because a house in this RP is NOT going to cost the $1.5 million that my area of California demands (friggin' Silicon Valley overcharging on housing...).

quick quesh, what is the conjditions of the classes of humans rn(middle class, upper class, slums, etc.)

If you have nothing to your name, you're in the slums.

If your personal wealth (meaning the money you have saved and don't need to spend to maintain your existence) exceeds 2,000 Gold ($1 mil), you're considered "Upper Class" (also known as "Noble" class).

If your personal wealth approaches or exceeds around 50,000 Gold ($25 mil), you're considered "Aristocracy."

Royal Families commonly have personal wealth for the family at 150,000 Gold or more.

Hello there. I'm personally curious about the light element and what it could do. I get that you could emanate light but what are the expansion's of light techniques. Can you manipulate it to become invisible? Is magical light limited to illumination or can it possess heat like daylight? Are there more symbolic use of light magic? I would like to know what the properties of this magic are in this regard. There's room for creativity here but I would like to know the framework of what "light" is and it's limits.

Hm.
So if I wanted my guy to be a relatively high/mid ranking noble, he'd probably have around 75,00-100,000 gold?

Speaking of nobles and wealth would master mages have some kind of ranking in the aristocracy of kingdom's since they already get special privileges compared to most people? Would being named a master and getting an insignia count as a noble title in itself? What if they had a noble title beforehand? Would they rise up ranking? And what kind of wealth would a master mage(or any mage for the matter) be able to accrue over time? And what of mage types? What would the difference be in what they could do commercially from one another? What would the financial changes be? Yes the could sell mana for the smiths to use but what else? Could a water mage help with farming during drought? Could an earth mage help with foundation work and construction in general? Fire mages with smelting and mundane smithing? And how common would magic be in such fields? Do only lower level mages do this work? For tuition? Or do schools do this kind of thing for funding? As public or private works for the state and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back