• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Divine the Future (Tarot Cards & Dice ;)

xayah.

i return stronger than i left
woah this is a lot but i hope it interests some people :))

filler

filler

filler

filler

• fate.

You have impressed me, you know.
    Not many manage such a feat.

Cast Your Fate to the Wind

Vince Guaraldi

the cards are calling

the smell of spices, particularly cardamom, fills the air as a warm breeze washes over you. people shout to and fro in the market, trying to advertise their goods above the crowd's excited banter. a few try their luck on you, but you haggle your way to a free loaf of spiced bread—a yummy snack for later. you watch as clueless tourists, enticed by fake jewels and shoddy silk, get scammed out of their money by shopkeeps. a few owners wave, grinning both at the sight of you and at the idea of getting a week's pay out of a foolish tourist. you wave back, shaking your head in disbelief at their practices but carry on. it's a normal day in the market by all means, but something calls out to you. at first, you try to ignore it, choosing to focus on your warm, delicious-looking loaf of bread in front of you. however, no amount of yummy bread will distract you as the feeling becomes less of a calling and more of a pulling. like a fish on a hook, you feel yourself get dragged into a shop. stuffy and dim, the only thing around seems to be a deck of cards. your hand reaches for the top card, but a voice in the darkness stops you in your tracks.

"ah, i see the cards like you, too."

fate's representative

the voice isn't wrong, but it isn't completely right either. you glance around the room, searching for the source of the voice. it comes to you in the form of a woman draped in warmly colored silk and dazzling jewelry. one glance and you can tell the woman is a fraud. like a predator encircling their prey, she picks up the deck and shuffles it with a flourish, trying to persuade you of her skill in divining the future. you can't hold back the slight roll of your eyes as you watch. her living is made off tricking tourists and denizens alike. who knows how many tragedies she's caused? the conwoman pats the table, inviting you to sit, and you comply just for the fun of it. she cuts the deck, splays the cards in front of you, and repeats the process twice more before asking you to pick three. unlike her, you can feel slight wisps of energy from the cards. those that desire to be picked concentrate into bits and phrases of messages as your hand hovers over them. your finger swiftly points at one in the middle and two on the right. the fraud takes a quick glance at them, discreet terror flitting across her face, before plastering on a huge smile. your own eyes glance at the cards in the order you picked them in: death reversed, the knight of swords, and the eight of pentacles. past, present, and future. you don't even stay to listen to her faux interpretation, knowing that her sugar coating will only taint the message you received from the cards themselves. despite her pleas for you to stay, you quickly drop a few coins on the counter and depart from the shady tent.

the omen

the minute you arrive at home, you pull out your own deck. a precious gift, it was handcrafted to your tastes, causing more energy to be imbued into it than normal. as a result, the deck thrums with energy. the cards chosen earlier shoot out of the deck and onto the floor in the same order. you pick up the first—death reversed—and pass it through your fingers. the past. reversed means death turned his back on his duty. inevitable change came, and i could not stop it. you think of the mark on your body, a physical manifestation of the pact you made with one of the major arcana, and grimace. the next card resonates with the air as you pick it up. the knight of swords speaks the most to you. since the cards sound differently to everyone, it is up to the listener to learn their distinct language. however, the arcana tend to be cryptic and difficult to decipher. you find your readings combined with the slight phrases you can understand deliver the best result. the present. the knight of swords gets straight to the point, cutting through all resistance. bad news is incoming... or maybe it's already here. the reading you received from the tarot reader seems to fulfill the criteria, but the cards are often more than just superficial events. the knight continues speaking, their voice noble but blunt and scratchy. you try your best to listen, but you can't get anything besides a few words: danger, aid, you, and compromise. the last word fizzles out before you can decipher it, so with a groan, you pick up the last card. the future. the eight of pentacles indicates there is raw talent yet to be honed. in the future position, it indicates mastery of a skill or the acquisition of one. that one doesn't provide you with much insight. the voice is too faint for you to understand either. taking note of the cards, you shuffle them back into the deck and retire to your room for the night.

the start of a journey

when you awake, you find two cards displaced in the deck. their corners stick out in opposite directions, as if trying to get away from one another. you instinctively move your hand to push them back in but freeze. instead of pushing in, you pull them out, intrigued by the result. both are major arcana with one of them being the being that you signed a pact with so many years ago. you examine the first—the fifteenth major arcana known as the devil. possibly the most sinister of the major arcana, it represents aspects of human nature that are less than ideal: greed, materialism, and selfishness. you gaze upon the card's intricacies but feel an ominous chill come over you. it strikes you at your core, and it almost feels like the card is staring back at you. the devil manifests itself as a smooth talker, their voice tinged just barely with evil delight. whatever they're saying, you fail to understand. who knows whether that's because you can't or you didn't try though. as your hand goes to grasp the next card, the constant, subtle vibration from your deck begins to fade. you quickly reshuffle the deck and try to perform a reading but find that it provides less than fruitful results. you pose a simple question before shuffling, cutting, and drawing three cards. the cards no longer vibrate when you pick them up. the stillness is all that remains. what's happening?

♡design by natasha., coded by uxie♡

ohmygod- i just wanted to say that this plot? phenomenal. i'm a sucker for fantasy, even more so with tarot decks (i used to play the arcana when only asra, julien and nadia were still available and i loved it so much, haven't played it recently but the sentiment remains) and i would most definitely love to participate in this!

elqisee elqisee ahhhh another arcana fan 🥰 yes yes it’s like my main source of inspiration for this with a few twists but I’m so glad you like it~ i haven’t played it much either after half of Lucio’s route came out but I know they just finished a route for Portia

yess!! i hope it garners more attention soon! and yeah i wanted to do portia's route when the game first came out, but she wasn't available so i'm glad she is now!

Hello! I really love the idea for this! I'm not the most knowledgeable about tarot (I mostly came into contact with it from the Persona games), but this seems like a great reason to read up on it a little more, as well as a fun and intriguing RP to be in, of course. :)

Felis Felis welcome! thanks for your interest~ the tarot cards aren’t complex, I promise. If you have any questions feel free to ask away! Also I love your pfp :)

dreadnought dreadnought tysm for your interest! not knowing much isn’t a problem cause I’ll be here to help so dont be afraid to ask any questions :)

Feel free to invite people everyone!

welcome welcome! I think maybe one more person and I’d be down to post character sheets and ooc plotting :))

oh that'd be great! if everyone is still down, i can make a character sheet tomorrow :))

I hope you all had a good christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate! I’ll be posting the character sheet today so thanks for being so patient

This sounds absolutely amazing, I had not previously played Arcana but, now I'm going to get into it! I would love to join this as well :)

Working on a character now. :grinningteeth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back