• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Divine Mythos | Interest Check

april

愛護する
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Greg Dombrowski - Past in Flames
DIVINE
MYTHOS
Overview
Races
Guidelines
  • Overview
    Overview
    Cement yourself among the pages of the divine mythos.
    Research Begins
    Virtual Reality has always been the subject of excitement, intrigue, and even controversy. The idea that somebody could exist and interact with things in a world that isn’t actually real is a concept some find hard to wrap their brains around, but nonetheless, technology and advancement moves ever towards the horizons of these virtual spaces. Some consider it a temporary escape, others an opportunity, and some even wish to replace their real existence with that of a virtual one. Regardless of intent, these virtual spaces exist already, though in a much more limited capacity to that which some hope for.

One man by the name of Killian Hughes wants to change that. In 2020 Killian formed GALE, the company that would take the VR world by storm. GALE started with game development on the VR platforms that already existed, their first title being a VR pirate adventure called Winds of Change, which saw immense success and set GALE up to become a VR titan. After several more successful game ventures, Killian moved the company in the direction of research and development to further expand VR platforms. In 2023, GALE announced they would begin development of Full-dive VR rigs, the next big step for VR. With a Full-dive rig, users would feel more immersed than ever in a virtual reality world. They would be able to control their characters as if they were actually moving themselves, without moving a muscle in the real world. The Full-dive achieved this by tapping into a players consciousness and redirecting signals from the brain to the rig.

Realistically GALE knew that this would be a lengthy process and so in the meantime they continued VR game development to continue to fund their research. They also released an AR rig that would be their main source of income. The AR rig was called the Amp and while games would release to this system it was meant more for general use. This AR rig would have all of the capabilities of a cell phone or a laptop, being able to display an interface in the user’s field of vision as well as being able to make calls, send instant messages, and browse the web.
    Full-dive Public Release
    Finally, after 6 long years of research and development, GALE announced that their fulldive rig was ready to launch and would be released to the public. On April 20th, at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, GALE's website updated and released a 30 minute video detailing the fulldive rig, a device called Realm. It showed off the full specs of the device and went into full detail as to how the experience would feel as well as some general operations instructions and tips. Two days after that video went live, another was posted to their website detailing a fulldive version of their very first VR game, Winds of Change, which would come preloaded onto the Realm device upon purchase.

It only took a week after the initial launch of the Realm for the devices to sell out, shooting GALE to the top of the VR ladder. It would be years before other companies could come up with anything to match the Realm and longer still for them to find success with games released on the platform. GALE had secured itself as the face of VR for what seemed like forever. GALE continued its upward climb after restocking Realm devices and continuing sales, seeing record profits. GALE had one obstacle in their way, though it was one they would overcome in short time. They did not have an immense library of games ready for the Realm, but what they did have were the bones of other games that only needed to be ported over and bugs worked out, in the same manner they had ported of Winds of Change. With an immense fund available to them, GALE hired more and more staff and expedited the porting of their existing VR games in order to keep customers interested in the Realm until they could come out with an original game for the system that would be tailored towards the Full-dive experience.

6 months after the initial launch of the Realm, GALE announced that they would begin development on their biggest game yet. It would be an open world MMORPG with unprecedented interactivity and a world that evolved with its players. This project would later come to be called Divine Mythos.
    Divine Mythos Launch
    Thanks to its immense success, GALE had plenty of people clawing at opportunities to work for the company, which meant that it would not take long for projects to get off the ground. It took only a year and a half for Divine Mythos to enter its testing phase and only 6 months of actual testing before GALE deemed the project ready and announced its launch to the general public. The announcement was met with an uproar of approval and GALE began rolling the project out shortly after.

The trailer for Divine Mythos showcased an intense character customization system as well as an extremely expansive open world. One of the many unique features showcased in Divine Mythos was that players could directly affect NPC relations and governments if they had the power to do so and could even become Kings and Queens if they had the resources. Needless to say, the trailer ignited a wave of interest in the game and on its launch day GALE sold over 100 million copies.

The main goal of the game, the way to "win" is to have your character's name added to the pages of a sacred book. This book is called the Divine Mythos and it chronicles every major event known to the world of Divine Mythos as well as holds the stories and myths of the world's gods and monsters. To cement one's name in the book a feat must be achieved that no other in the game has done and one that will affect the entire world of the game.

Those who get their names in the book will be rewarded with riches and resources beyond belief in the game, though the rewards don't stop there. Killian Hughes, founder and CEO of GALE has also promised amazing rewards in real life to those who could get their names in the book. Should they wish it, they would be awarded a position at GALE as well as free access to any future editions of the Realm and Amp systems and 1 million dollars. Make no mistake; this will not be an easy task - there will be obstacles aplenty, one of which is another one of Divine Mythos' features which is character permadeath, meaning that if your character dies it is gone forever and you will need to completely restart.
Code by Nano

Last edited:
Consider me interested! I'm a sucker for virtual reality type RPs and your thread layout is super pretty (:
The code is from nano! I definitely recommend checking out their codes, they’re super talented! ^^

Considering you have numbers and such baked into racial traits, are there going to be dice mechanics or anything like that in this RP? Or is it purely just numerical flavoring?

Mostly it’s flavoring for the mmo aspect of the roleplay, I don’t plan to use dice at all

---> How many people do you plan to take on for this roleplay? I already see a ton of interest for this one, and I'm not particularly fast when it comes to making character sheets (or posts, but I'll try).
---> What kind of mechanics are there in this roleplay, or more specifically, in the game? From other answers I take it they'll only be vaguely enforced anyway (as opposed to there being numerical damage to abilities/skills that deal damage from a set numerical HP and that kind of more concrete thing), but are there for instance classes, is there a crafting system, a profession system, what kind of stats are there, do characters level or do they just get better equipment, that sort of thing.
---> What exactly does one do to get recorded into that sacred book? Do you have to complete a specific objective you spend the game working towards or is it more like any achievement great enough works?
---> Is the roleplay entirely inside the game, or is it intended for players / their characters to hang out offline as well?
---> Regarding the rules of characters being 18+ does this apply to the player's avatars as well?

Idea Idea

1. For the amount of people I'm going to accept I was thinking around 6-8, but keep in mind that this isn't first come first serve so you don't need to rush to get a character sheet out. I prefer quality over all else, so a rushed CS probably wouldn't make the cut anyhow.
2. I'm going more for fun in this roleplay, so while there are certain mechanics and systems, they won't be strictly enforced. Characters will level as they progress through the roleplay as well as gain better equipment, there will be a class system that will be better explained once I roll out the lore section. The crafting system and skills will also be better explained in that section
3. This is going to be quite subjective. There won't be any set concrete achievement that will fulfill this requirement but rather something that is going to change the world of Divine Mythos. Examples could be stopping a world-ending event, becoming a ruler of a nation, reaching god-like status, things of this nature that would be very difficult to achieve but are still possible.
4. There will be a mix of in-game and real life for our characters. Depending on the chemistry of the group and things like that I'll decide on what exactly happens IRL for them so what that might be will have to wait to be seen until I have a better understanding of the cast and how they're going to get along.
5. The 18+ rule is for all aspects of the roleplay.

Idea Idea

1. For the amount of people I'm going to accept I was thinking around 6-8, but keep in mind that this isn't first come first serve so you don't need to rush to get a character sheet out. I prefer quality over all else, so a rushed CS probably wouldn't make the cut anyhow.
2. I'm going more for fun in this roleplay, so while there are certain mechanics and systems, they won't be strictly enforced. Characters will level as they progress through the roleplay as well as gain better equipment, there will be a class system that will be better explained once I roll out the lore section. The crafting system and skills will also be better explained in that section
3. This is going to be quite subjective. There won't be any set concrete achievement that will fulfill this requirement but rather something that is going to change the world of Divine Mythos. Examples could be stopping a world-ending event, becoming a ruler of a nation, reaching god-like status, things of this nature that would be very difficult to achieve but are still possible.
4. There will be a mix of in-game and real life for our characters. Depending on the chemistry of the group and things like that I'll decide on what exactly happens IRL for them so what that might be will have to wait to be seen until I have a better understanding of the cast and how they're going to get along.
5. The 18+ rule is for all aspects of the roleplay.

Thank you for the answers! Seeing the group size and how many people already showed interest, plus the vagueness of the mechanics and currently unknown of class-and-other-system-related details I guess I'll be passing, too high of a chance to hit my nose on the door or even of losing interest.

Nonetheless it's quite the intriguing idea with an excellent presentation. It's not every day that something with a once per week post requirement and a wall of text intrigues me this much. I hope everyone here has an excellent time with your roleplay, and thank you again for humoring my questions :)

No worries ^^ if you change your mind at all or if there any other questions I can answer for you don't hesitate to let me know!

Posting here to also show my interest 👀

Edit, I sadly cannot join because I would be overworking myself but I was very intrigued. Good luck to this interested crew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back