• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divine Intervention Main Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Duke of Doge

Professional disappointment.
It began with a storm. A shift in the winds of the world. The wind is powerful enough that it must have a divine nature. New individuals are being ripped across space and time and placed here in the world of Eden. Something is brewing, legends will be made and history will be written.

However, for the denizens of Eden it would be impossible to know this. All they know is there is a gigantic storm battering their coasts. Lighting arcs across the sky in powerful flashes and it splinters and illuminates the darkness of night- clouds covering the light of the moon plunging the world into true darkness. Thoom! Thunder heralds the arrival of a freshly plucked human from Earth moments after a flash of lightning.
ship.gif
We zoom into a ship braving the storm. Flying through crashing surf sending up a spray of water into the mismatched colored eyes of one Summer Cestria. Salty ocean spray soaking the cat-folk girl's clothing through and causing her to recoil a bit. Spitting the saltwater from her mouth with a cry of frustration the deck-hand furiously tugs at some of the ship's rigging. She and the rest of the crew made sure the ropes that needed to be tight were tight, and what was loose was loose. The ship groans and creaks as it is battered by heavy waves, crew, and captain shouting over the howling winds.
"LOOSEN THE FORESAIL!" Cries the captain- a gruff and tough orcish woman who commanded her ship with authority and respect. The Whistling Maiden was a lightweight three sailed schooner and while fast, a storm of this caliber would be extremely difficult to survive. Summer knew the order to loosen the foresail was a priority and rushes to help others with the task. Stumbling as the ship rocks and shifts with each violent crash of wave she makes her way over. Her hand reaches for one of the many securing lines to the foresail just as she gets tossed off her feet. Water sprays over the bow and washes over the deck. No matter how experienced the sailor there was no way to stand up to that much water. Barrels and people alike are being tossed around the deck. A scream signifies someone going overboard. That man was certainly dead. Twin purple colored eyes look up as her hand brushes the hair from her face just as SNAP the main jib at the bow of the ship breaks. With that, the foresail hangs limp in the fierce wind. Rigging begins to snap under the pressure and fly across the deck like whips. One strikes a lantern causing it to fall and burst into flames as the oil catches fire. Staggering to her feet Summer gets back to making sure the only thing keeping her out of the drink doesn't completely fall apart as they sail for the closest bit of land.

Elsewhere. Between worlds.
Static. That was what Nia heard. It was a dream, right? She had just fallen asleep though. Plus, this kind of dream was unlike any other. The redhead found herself standing in an empty void, devoid of features or temperature. It was perfectly neutral. Her heart beat a bit faster as she tentatively calls out a meek sounding "Hello?" Into the endless void.
"Nia Davion"
Voices ring out across the void. Not any single voice, but what sounded like several speaking as one entity who Nia simply couldn't discern its true voice. A sudden gust of wind from behind blows her bright red hair into a messy state as she turns around to view the source. A figure, humanoid in form yet it appeared as if in a glitched state. Flickering in and out. The figure bore no discernable features, no sex, no face or hair, and its skin tone was simply grey. "You have the qualities I seek." Nia blinks and takes a few steps back in shock. "I just make coffee. I don't know what you want with me so if you could just send me back to normal dreamland that would be cool." She speaks up with a nervous chuckle. "This is no dream. You are currently in what could be called one of many pocket spaces between worlds. I know you're aware of the multiverse theory." That earns a nod from the girl. "Yeah, I know about it." "Well. I'm from another world. A world that needs your help. A world where you can reach your truest potential. That potential lies on Eden, not on Earth where you are from. Change is coming to that world. I need you to ensure that change is a just one." Nia blinks and the figure vanishes from view. In its place is a light grey stone. Verdant green grass surrounds the stone, blowing in a gentle breeze. Then, embedded in the stone, like something from legend- was a sword. The handle was a striking blue color, which lead to a dazzling gold crossguard adorned with blue gemstones. The blade seemed to almost sparkle with divine light which trailed down a gold-colored fuller.

A gasp escapes the young woman's throat as her emerald eyes reflect the sight in front of her. Unsteadily, she shuffles forward. Her feet touch the grass and she is overtaken by a calming feeling of warmth. Like standing in the sun after a cold rainstorm. She gulps. This... it felt almost like she was made for this moment. As if every atom in her body was vibrating with a resonance matching the sword's own. "Take hold of your destiny child. Eden calls you forth in service to its people. Take hold, and it will guide you. If your heart be true, you will succeed."

Her body moves before she can even think. As if on instinct her hand reaches out and grabs the handle of the glowing sword in front of her. A feeling like electricity courses through her as dormant magical energy flows into her. The electricity manifests into a blinding blue light. Closing her eyes, she feels herself become energy itself.

Thus, with a bolt of lighting, Nia Davion appears in Eden. During the middle of a storm, she finds herself rocketing down to the ground and standing, unharmed in the middle of a field. Taking a few panting breaths her brain quickly catches up as she whirls around drinking in every single piece of information she can. Rain spattered against her, soaking her clothing. Clothing! She was in pajamas earlier! Looking down, she looks at her outfit. A maroon red tunic that connects over the shoulder with white straps. Leading down into a skirt. The whole ensemble was accented with white around the edges and two stipes down her center. A bright red cloak whips around in the wind of the storm, and at her side, the familiar handle of that legendary sword held snug in a bright white sheath. Now looking up, Nia found herself in the middle of a field, trees that looked alien to her seemed to glow in the dark. Their leaves shaking and giving off a vibrant pink luminous color. Squinting, she could see what looked like a fairly large city ahead. Dotted with lights and surrounded by a wall.

Standing in the rain for a good thirty seconds completely stationary Nia's brain catches up at long last.
"EH!?" She flails her arms and spins around in surprise. "What the fu-" THOOM sounded thunder, cutting her off.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Gravitational Force Gravitational Force yutohase yutohase Damafaud Damafaud blue tea blue tea

Vulkan Quakewing exited from the high council building, as his form shifted from dragon to human. He looked up at the sky, it was a storm like he hadn’t seen in ages. The rain was coming in downpours and already flooding the streets of the capital of the Dragon Empire, lightning rent the sky and booming thunder followed.

“Damn,” the young dragon lord cursed, “it’s insane out there.” He turned instead to sit under an alcove in the council building, watching the weather instead of trying to get through the storm. He was a lava dragon, not a water dragon, he didn’t want to cause harm to himself by going out there.

Meanwhile another dragon was nearby as to be expected, smaller than the previous lava dragon that was Vulkan. The huge blackish dragon transformed into a humanoid appearance, however their form was still monstrously tall, over seven foot tall with large horns on her head, and a flowing mane of silvery hair.. Cloth wise she was somewhat lacking in certain areas.

Alreen sniffed the air for a moment making her way quietly towards another dragon, whom was sitting under the alcove out of the storm, a smile forming on her face she’d slowly approach him expecting Vulkan to catch her out, it didn’t really matter all to much to her as she’d hug him from behind out of nowhere. “Hey Vulkan, been a while hasn’t it?” she’d explain cheerfully.

“Please,” the transformed dragon responded to the greeting, “it’s Caelan in this form.” He then turned to reciprocate the hug. He swooshed some of his red hair out of his face as he stared at Alreen, looking so much larger than he’d remembered her. “How’s life been?”

Alreen hugged Caelan a little tighter before pulling away, having a big goofy smile on her face. “Aaah yeah just messing with you Caelan,” she’d chuckle, coming to the realisation her old friend was a lot smaller then she remembered. “Oh yeah life’s been great, done some traveling, gotten a small hoard.. Still haven’t had any luck with magic..” she’d let out a little sigh at the last part. “And oh yeah, guess I had a real big growth spurt,” she’d chuckle again acknowledging the new height disparity they had.

Caelan smiled as Alreen caught up with him. “Well, nothing much has happened to me, my dad passed away not too long ago so I got voted Dragon Lord, um… I graduated from the magic school… I don’t know what else to say.” He laughed as he also pulled away from the hug. He looked a little more serious than Alreen, he’d just been in a meeting after all.

Alreen's frown resurfaced upon hearing the news from Caelan about his father. “Oh I'm.. Sorry to hear that… didn’t know..” Alreen replied with a little solemn nod. Gently patting her friend on the shoulder. “Well at least you managed to graduate,” she’d add unsure what else to say.

Caelan shrugged. “Oh, I’ve gotten used to it, it’s hard to not have my father’s guidance but at least I have the other Dragon Lords to help me out,” he responded to Alreen’s remarks about his father.

“Aaah well that’s good to hear, at least you're doing well,” Alreen replied with a smile now happy to see her old friend wasn’t doing badly with the situation thrust upon him.

Caelan sat down again and waved his arms over his skin, causing magmatic armor to manifest over it. Once he’d covered his body with the magic plate armor, he stood up and walked around the alcove. “So, got anything to help us get through this storm?”

Watching Caelan don his armor Alreen followed alongside him as they walked. “Oh I might have something in this bag,” she’d tap the small pouch on her waist. “If not I could always just carry you through it.. Might be too rough for a lava dragon but I didn't find it too bad,” Alreen offered with a grin before opening the pouch and rummaging around in it.

“Oh, I don’t really mind the storm, as long as I’ve got someone to weather it with.” Caelan chuckled as he said this, hoping to resound something within the other dragon as he motioned to her to step out into the rain.

Alreen eventually pulled something out of the pouch, a little pendant and hand it to Caelan. “Should help with the weather, keep it out from around ya like a little umbrella grabbed a few from a.. Never mind.. That's a story from another time,” she’d explain, staring down at Caelan before pulling out one for herself and stepping out into the rain, the little pendant glowing as the water pushed around her keeping her totally dry. “See what I mean?” she’d yell over to Caelan with a smile.

Caelan took the pendant and wrapped it around the armor plate covering his neck. He nodded to Alreen with gratitude and they began walking through the rain.

Collab with/Mentions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

5970e1aa95e2df87397b7871a04230b5.png
Yuto Hasegawa had gone through an especially bad day today... College was a struggle but this was a struggle he hadn't prepared for. He'd just found out that he failed his most important midterm, he'd had two breakdowns over homework, he'd punched a sucker in the face in the hallway after class. Not that he thought any of that mattered. It wasn't his fault that the kid had called him a wimp, it wasn't his fault the midterm was so rigorous. Yuto finally returned to his dorm and flopped straight onto his bed, scrolling on his phone for comfort. But there was one strange ad that kept popping up.

"Come check out our Ancient Artifact Replicas!"

"Surtur's Sword now on sale for $30!"

What kind of company would sell swords like that? Yuto thought to himself. He kept scrolling but the ads kept popping up. Eventually he gave up trying to block them and instead tapped on one. But as he did so, the world around him started distorting and fading as he soon found himself in a deep, dark cave.

"Huh? What's going on?" Yuto stammered as he looked around. "I--"

"Don't worry, young one," a voice called from the distance. "It'll all be perfectly fine." The voice became a figure, which emerged out of the shadows and drew nearer to Yuto. "I see you were interested in the sword of Surtur, weren't you?"

Yuto tried to speak, but found that the words couldn't escape his mouth. He swallowed on them as he tried to shake his head, but he found his head motionless too, staring at the figure.

"Don't be scared," the figure repeated. "It's just a sales pitch."

Yuto kept looking at the figure as it came farther out from the shadows. It seemed not to separate from the shadows, but rather blend in to the darkness the further away it got from it. But he did notice two glowing silver eyes and the slight glint of armor surrounding the figure.

"A sales--a sales pitch from Hell," Yuto finally let himself say. "Yeah, no thanks."

"Young man, you are too hasty to judge. Just let go and trust for a while," the figure reprimanded Yuto. "Besides, you don't want to get on the wrong side of someone who can easily destroy you."

"Yeah? And what's your proof?"

"I need no proof other than my own. I am Ordnis, the one whom mortals call 'the god of wrath' or 'destruction'."

"Look, Ord--Ordnis, I'm not interested in whatever it is you have to offer, ok?" Yuto found himself shouting.

"I've seen you, young man," Ordnis spoke up. "I know what you are, and what you can become. Let me help you there."

"No. Final answer."

"Hmm, an obstinate one, are you," Ordnis teased Yuto.

"Look, I'm not normally like this. I've just had a bad day, ok? Now just, let me go home, let me forget about this, and it will all be good."

"Oh, but the gods have other plans for you." Ordnis turned towards the mouth of the cave, and Yuto noticed that there was an object giving off light, but more of a light as if from a fire than from the sun. The god grabbed the object and threw it at Yuto's feet. It was the sword from the ads he'd seen.

"This is the Herald of Ragnarok," Ordnis explained. "And you've been selected to wield it, to foresee and take the lead in the eventual destruction of this world."

"What? No, I can't--" Yuto stammered, but Ordnis grabbed the sword and put it into Yuto's hand. He sighed. "If it's what you want, Ordnis."

Ordnis smiled. "Ahh, good choice, young one," he said sadistically. He then muttered a few words in a language Yuto didn't understand. "This sword now binds you to me. You will promise to do my bidding, you will be my champion, and I will be your master," Ordnis repeated the incantation in Japanese, so Yuto could know what he was saying.

As Ordnis left Yuto alone on the cave floor, Yuto rose to his feet, hands curled into fists. "Curse you!" he screamed towards nowhere in particular. Eventually, he picked up the sword and felt a rush of power within himself. He tried to let go of it but found it would instead attach to his back. This is it, Yuto thought. I'm stuck with it. I'm cursed to carry it till the end of my days. Yuto sighed as he walked towards the mouth of the cave.

Upon exiting the cave, he found himself caught in a massive storm, where lightning struck nearly overhead. "What the--?" he whispered as he tried to cover himself from the torrents of rain, as he saw the lights of a town nearby. He ran towards the town in hopes that he could find shelter.

What should have been a fairly normal day wasn't at all... For... well, a car crash had ended the life of a poor father and his daughter, but now the father was standing in some strange whitish void alongside two people he didn’t even know, some young adults. An entity stood in front of them, appearing vaguely humanoid in nature. “What the.. What happened, who are you guys?” he asked, very confused.

“I have no idea either,” said one young man as he clasped his ears and shook his head towards the father. “I thought I was dead, I thought I bled out on the side of the road.” He smacked himself in his forehead. “God, I can still hear the gunshots,” the older man could make out the young man muttering to himself. But as a few seconds passed by, the young man took a deep breath, shook himself out, and turned towards the father. “I’m Daichi Kawahashi. It’s a--uh--pleasure to meet you,” he said, extending a hand to the older man while keeping the strange entity in the corner of his eye.

“Oh well err im... Nori... Hassaniko… pleasure to make your acquaintance and... Yes... I… Last I remember I was struck by another car... Now I'm here with... You?” Nori said, confused, shaking the boy's hand before turning back to the bizarre entity. “I feel like you’re the reason we’re here, right?” Nori asked the entity that would seemingly smile at them despite having no face.

“The names Zonzroth and I’m here to offer you a second chance, my friends. Oh, won’t that be fun?” Zonzroth asked them. Nori looked at the entity, confused as hell.

“This guy’s a sadist, isn’t he?” Daichi whispered to Nori as Zonzroth made their introduction.

“Hey. You.” The entity directed their voice towards Daichi, and he gulped. “Let’s see… gunned down by the mafia, right?”

He swallowed the lump in his throat as he nodded.

“And you weren’t even the target? How sad, how tragic,” Zonzroth continued with an almost maniacal look on their face. Daichi clenched his fists as he shuddered, wondering what trick would be up the entity’s sleeve next.

“Hmm…” the entity hummed as he looked up and down Daichi’s features. “You look… quite… wintry. What do you say we make you a little more of that?”

“What do you mean?” he said as he swept back his icy blue hair.

“You wouldn’t mind… looking cooler?”

“Sure, I guess… as long as I can hold my own in this… second chance…” Daichi took a step away from Zonzroth, hoping the entity would move on to one of the others.

Zonzroth moved on to Nori, smiling and giggling for a moment. “Oooh, now you, Mr. Hassaniko, you're so tense! You must relax, maybe loosen up a little,” Zonzroth chuckled.

“What do you mean? I... err, don’t know... I mean I suppose… Maybe a massage or something?” Nori mentioned, only for Zonzroth to move on to his daughter, speaking to her for a while.. Nori hoped they were not gonna do anything bad to her.

Then Zonzroth returned to Nori. “Right-i-o then, car crash... wonderful… Definitely must loosen up, Mr. Hassaniko... Don’t worry, you will have a great second chance, all three of you, and I’ve certainly made up my mind!” The entity clapped its hand and a glow engulfed all of them “Enjoy your new looks, my friends... and a brand new world!”

“Hey, is there a mirror nearby?” Daichi asked, to which Zonzroth provided mirrors for each of them. However, the young man felt his jaw drop almost to the floor as he looked at himself. Because he certainly wasn’t human anymore… he was a fox. A pure-white fox with shimmering icy blue eyes. Yeah, this really is wintry, he thought.

“This… wasn’t what I asked for.” Apparently he was a fox that could talk.

“My young man…” Zonzroth smiled, “of course it was! Don’t worry, if you don’t like it right now, it’ll come with some bonus perks later!”

“Hooray,” Daichi replied sarcastically, rolling his foxy eyes as he turned towards Nori’s new form.

Nori looked at himself... and realized... he was a little blob... of bluish goop… Panic set in and Nori seemed to jiggle violently. “WHAT? WHAT AM I?? WHAT HAPPENED?!” Nori shouted.

“Oh, my friend, you’re now relaxed! Nothing more relaxed than a slime! Don’t worry, you won’t need to deal with a job, and you will certainly have some fun bonuses like that young man there! You both have fun now,” Zonzroth replied with a little wave.

“Wait... oh ok? Well I guess we are... stuck together Daichi? Right, um…” Nori looked around confused. “Where to next?”

“Ooh I'm glad you asked... WELCOME TO THE WORLD!” Zonzroth snapped their fingers again. The three of them were engulfed in light and suddenly appeared in a grassy field.

Daichi paused to get his bearings, before feeling the wind sifting through his fur and taking a breath of fresh air, the first in a while that he had felt. A storm brewed overhead, and the rain was already soaking his fur. He did notice a small village on a hill overlooking the field.
“Well, should we head over there?” he asked Nori and the other young man, as he gestured toward the village.

“Yeah I… err... suppose we should... Then… hopefully we aren’t eaten by something here...” Nori said started to slide toward the village... What would this place hold for this little group? They’d have to find out.
--------------------------------------------
colab with yutohase yutohase

Yingjie & Zhiqiang

Zhiqiang stood at the base of the mountain, hues downcast, almost as if he refused to believe that his soulmate was dead. The raven-headed male stumbled back slightly as his chest filled with imaginary weights, tugging his soul until tears welled up within his unpigmented hues. Chest quivering as he slowly shifted his watery hues to stare at the mangled body with a heavy heart. Pale lips parting as he took a shaky step towards the body, terrified of what he knew was true would become a reality.

Unpigmented hues filled with agony as he stared at the man he loved, knees growing weak as he collapsed against the softening ground. Rain pelting at his back as he shielded the body from the heavy storm. His back taking the onslaught, not caring for his hanfu growing dirtier by the second. The one pristine robe now stained with mud and crimson as it oozed from Yingjie’s wounds. He didn’t care. He didn’t care.

“Yu Hua?” Zhiqiang called out gently, tears streaming down his shrunken cheekbones like a waterfall, the rain sliding down his chin and splattering against the dark-robed man beneath him. He knew the smaller male wouldn’t answer, but he couldn’t wrap his mind around this.

Why?

Why was fate so cruel to them?

Haven't they suffer enough?

A heart wrenching cry bubbled up within his throat, body shaking from the agony he felt but refused to cry out. Swallowing down the urge, he gently wrapped his muscular arms around the thin male, bringing him into his chest with a quiet sniffle. Fingers weaving into his dirty locks as he tightened his grasp, nose burying itself into his dark locks.

A tentative groan startled the unpigmented-hued male, causing him to pull Yingjie back with hope blossoming deep within his heart. Hues widening with unsuppressed excitement as the pad of his thumb hesitantly brushed over Yingjie’s hallowed cheekbone delicately. “Yu - Yu Hua?” Zhiqiang mumbled, voice tapering off with a hoarse whisper as he stared at his dead lover.

Lips trembling as the lateral gave no response, shoulders slumping in defeat as he sobbed. Fingers slipping from Yingjie’s matted hair and wrapping around his thin — so thin — waist. Tear streaks glistened as the rain continued to pelt the two uncaring while the raven-haired male buried his face into Yingjie’s shoulder, hugging him tightly into his chest.

… If only

If only he arrived sooner …

Perhaps … Yingjie would be alive in his arms and not dead.

Doubt crept into his mind like a tidal wave as he cried into the storm, uncaring whether someone saw him. He was done.

So … done.

“A-Hua … Qīn’ài de,” Zhiqiang rumbled out, voice quivering with unleashed agony, fingers wrapping themselves in Yingjie’s hanfu, pulling the cloth tighter into his body as if he would vanish from his sight at any second.

But …

He vanished … didn’t he?

Zhiqiang’s thoughts drifted to what lay beyond this world, only to shake his head, getting rid of such thoughts and memories that rose to the surfer, begging to be released.

A sigh escaped his chapped lips, blood mixing in with the rain as he slumped backward with dull hues, lips trembling as he gazed down at Yingjie’s frail body. When did things get so complicated? Were they destined to be failed lovers for the rest of eternity?

A hopeless love.

A love destined to fail.

Another groan shattered Zhiqiang’s false serenity, unpigmented hues shifting to stare at the man wrapped up in his arms with hesitant hope. “A-Hua?” Zhiqiang tentatively asked with furrowed eyebrows, lips parting as he brushed Yingjie’s raven locks out of his pale complexion.

Heart pounding loudly within his chest cavity as he lowered his ear to Yingjie’s nose, only to pull back in shock. “Yu Hua?!”

“Xu Lan?” A hoarse voice whispered, frame quivering from the agony that tore at his body from the inside out. A soft whine escaping his raw throat, fingers fumbling to grasp onto Zhiqiang’s hanfu to reassure himself that this was real. That Zhiqiang was here with him and not in some illusion Yingjie had created.

Zhiqiang hummed softly, hues screwed shut as he gathered the frail man into his arms as he relaxed, allowing the other to sag, sighing in relief. Yingjie sobbed dryly, blinking repeatedly as he glanced up at the man dripping wet with mud caked onto the pristine robe. “You’re … all dirty,” Yingjie joked, only to wince at the vibration, sending his bones rattling.

“Don’t care.” Zhiqiang uttered out, hues narrowing at the wince Yingjie tried desperately to hide. “Yu Yingjie.”

“Hmm?” Yingjie spoke, ignoring the obvious as he struggled out of Zhiqiang’s hold, only to collapse back with a defeated groan. Head thumping against his muscular chest, tears welling up within his hues.

Zhiqiang remained silent, head bowing as he gazed at Yingjie’s downcast hues, who seemed to avoid all eye-contact, lips puckering into a childish pout. “It’s nothing,” he tutted.

“Not nothing.”

Yingjie shook his head, refusing to speak as he sucked in a breath, only to send himself into a coughing fit. Bones rattled as pain tore at his weakened body, leaving him gasping for breath. Chest heaving as he got used to the bounds of yin energy pooling into his pores, aiding his bone in the healing process.

Stitch by stitch; Yingjie was slowly put back together as he laid, wiggling in agony while Zhiqiang could do nothing but watch his lover in bouts of pain.

Coughing into the sleeve of his dirty hanfu, Yingjie groaned helplessly as he tried his best to relax, only to tense up seconds later at the onslaught of pain. Panting, the dirtied man blinked sluggishly. Lifting his head to stare at the tip of Zhiqiang’s chin with a complicated expression, fingers shakily lifting to cup his hollowed cheeks. “You lost weight.”

“Mhn.”

“Zhiqiang?”

“Mhn.”

“I missed you.” Yingjie hummed, blinking up at the male, who paused as his lips curled into a small smile.

“I missed you A-Hua.” Zhiqiang responded, unpigmented hues shifting to meet Yingjie’s hues, with nothing but happiness and pain swirling in their depths, leaving Yingjie breathless.

Yingjie knew Zhiqiang wanted to know what happened, but he couldn’t bring himself to say it. He just … couldn’t. He wasn’t ready to re-live that pain … that agony. Just thinking about it made Yingjie itchy all over.

The dark-headed male shifted his colorful gaze at his lack of nine-tails, ears lying flat against his head as a soft whine escaped his throat. Tears welling up within his light-colored hues at the agonizing memories that came with it.

Would he ever … become as strong as he once was?

Or was he destined to remain weak, worthless to everyone around him.

“You will become stronger … in time,” Zhiqiang’s familiar voice shattered his critical thoughts, bringing the young male back to reality. Lying within Zhiqiang’s comforting grasp, soaking up the warmth as the rain pelted down, leaving prickling sensations all over his body. “Can you stand?” Zhiqiang rumbled out, tugging at Yingjie’s armpits, gently leaving the other flinching, hues scrunching up in pain.

“A-Ah … not yet,” Yingjie gasped out, body quivering as he fought to keep his breathing under control. Groaning in both annoyance and pain, he shakily stumbled to his feet with the help of Zhiqiang pressed up against his side. Wincing as his bones jingled, banging against one another until they relaxed, the yin energy holding them together like glue.

“A-Hua.”

“N-Not yet Zhiqiang,” Yingjie shuttered, nose scrunching up as he wrapped an arm around his shoulder while Zhiqiang gently wrapped an arm around his thin waist, keeping him from falling flat on his face. Zhiqiang nodded in understanding, pressing a gentle kiss on his sweaty forehead while shifting his gaze to the drenched landscape.

Yingjie smiled in gratitude, slumping against Zhiqiang as he gained back his bearings from laying on the ground. He … had to get strong as soon as possible, even if he was walking down the path unwelcomed by many. He couldn’t … give up cultivation.

No …

He would start over and gain back his nine-tails no matter what … even if the world was against him.
总是

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:

Hanae

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

luci4

bodypartz

The unnatural storm took Eden into an continuous night, regardless of time nor sun, rain poured from the heavens as if the gods were letting their tears flow through the storm. Waves rocked ships at sea almost to tipping point. The wind was a tyrant. it roared and groaned, uprooting tree trunks and splintering branches; it blew and tormented, bringing with it an abundance of dark clouds that reeked of evil. As rolling clouds came, a sudden bright fork descended out from them, zigzagging its way across the lead-heavy sky, followed seconds later by ear-piercing thunders that shatter the sky and shake the ground. The singular light was then followed by dozens. They all struck the lands below in an unforgiving way, marking their arrival in ink. There was something different about this storm.. it was unlike any other.

THOOM!! In the mountains in an unspecified place landed a particularly unusual bolt of lightning. It had a sense of divineness. Strangely after the strike something had appeared.. a human girl. The eyes of the girl opened with a jolt. They were unfocused and unclear yet they held so much anger despite having no clarity. It wasn't until harsh rain pelted her face that some part of the girl's awareness returned. Subconsciously her hand quickly flew towards her stomach where her wound was. Or at least once had been. There wasn't that blood that had once stained her uniform either only wetness greeting her upon contact. Wait.. why was it raining right now? Hanae's body shot upwards, head-turning towards the sky. Merciless winds threw her hair into disarray yet she paid no mind to it. There was no time to pay attention to something so trivial when the sight before her eyes was something so unfamiliar.

Had she been dragged into Yomi? She remembered the painful sensation of that knife penetrating her body. It hurt so much. It was truly unlike anything she's ever experienced before. She remembered her pitiful attempt at fighting the darkness that threatened to take her and how that bright red color of blood surrounded her as she lay dying. That's right she had died. Hanae wasn't foolish enough to believe that she survived the attack. She wasn't expecting to wake up back in Tokyo as if this whole thing was a dream. Everything felt too real to be a dream. The rage of the storm above proved that much. With her thoughts running a marathon she felt that something was wrong. Rather wrong something with her memories.

Of course, everything right now was wrong but it was like there was some sort of lock on a specific set of her memories and she couldn't find the key anywhere. Struggling over this problem anymore wouldn't help her case at all when- THOOM!!! Hanae wasn't given anything time to prepare before she was violently thrown to the side as a bolt of thunder struck the ground near her. What the hell? Could lightning even do such a thing? Recovering briskly the girl shakily stood up and soon her eyes widened at the glimmering blade that stood embedded in the destroyed blackened ground. Was that a katana.. ? As if almost in a trance she reached towards it.

An intense golden light eclipsed the area like the sun had reappeared with full glory, blinding her instantly. Hanae only dared open her eyes after a couple of moments. She found that the katana had disappeared yet there was a mark on her wrist.. in the shape of a katana. Sitting there in the rain soaked to the bone her brain was quick to process things. As a youth who read a lot of isekai and cultivation light novels, such unbelievable situations like hers took place. But what she knew was that she needed to find shelter quickly. She didn't know how long she had been out here but if she stayed out in this storm any longer she'd catch a cold and becoming sick in an unfamiliar place only spelled danger.

Hanae pulled herself off the ground and trudged towards a direction. Was it south, west, or east? She didn't know but she kept moving. Though her body walked as fast it could without running her thoughts continued to move faster. There were so many things on her mind. Why was she here? It wasn't like she was a protagonist of some novel. No, she was solely an ordinary high school girl that got caught up in a strange situation. Or was ordinary, glancing down at her wrist before looking away. Could she go home? Once again she was under no illusion that this was some sort of unfunny nightmare. Perhaps her attention had been too engrossed with her speculations because soon she found herself plunging down a hill.

The change from feeling the walking on the ground to descending through the air was so sudden that she failed to have any reasonable reaction. It was only when she felt jagged rocks tear at her uniform and cause her to hurt that she finally cried out in pain. Her distress came to an end when she reached the bottom of the hill she rolled down from. But she didn't get up. She felt too psychologically tired to get up. Ah.. should she just give up now? From the beginning of all of this she was strong, at least she considered herself to have been strong. She never complained, she never lost her wits but how funny, it was only about an hour or so into her journey she was ready to give up just because of some pain. Yet then again she was never cut out for this type of thing. She was a city girl born and raised never doing any type of hard work in her life. So her in the wilderness trying to survive alone would have never had truly worked out.

Sorry mama.. sorry onee-san it looks like she wouldn't be back for dinner after all..

As Hanae's eyes closed voices could be heard in the distance. The eyes that had just closed a second again opened with shocking speed. Was she hallucinating.. ? It didn't matter though. Whether it was her mind tricking her or not wouldn't stop her from seeking that sound out Her body was filled was a newborn determination and she peeled herself off the ground. She ran. The rain couldn't stop her. The mud that picked on her leather loafers couldn't stop her. It felt as nothing in this world could.

She broke through various foliage and found herself near the base of a mountain. Two blurry human figures could be made out as tears stung her eyes, flowing freely down her cheeks. She had finally found other living people besides her. Hanae wanted to jump around in joy. The clothes the two strangers were wearing were something she recognized as hanfus but she couldn't quite make out which dynasty they were from. "I.. hello! I'm terribly sorry to intrude. My name is Ishikawa Hanae." Ever the polite girl she was she immediately bowed after introducing herself. "I hope I'm not being too forward but do you two know where this place is? I was heading home from school and.. I got into an accident then ended up here." Honestly, she knew her actions were quite dangerous and considerably reckless. She was in unfamiliar lands in front of two strangers who could easily take her life if they so wished to. Though that's not saying anything about their characters, of course, just an astute observation.

Hanae really wouldn't blame them if they were suspicious of her currently. They looked to have problems of their own and then out of nowhere a disordered-looking girl comes from out of the forest and talks to you. Speaking of disordered.. she plucked a stray leaf out of her hair.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back