• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // plot & chat

Free-for-all or simulation duels for tomorrow's training?

• Free-for-all!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Simulation duels!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
I have the day off work tomorrow, so I should get some up. But I'm also sick so we shall see if they're top quality or not 😜

Also thorns post was so sweet I just want him to know everything's going to (hopefully) be okay

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 There's no point in posting for your other characters if you're unable to use them in interactions, so feel free to just leave them be for the moment. WanderLust. WanderLust. hasn't logged into the site for a full week now, so I'm very much afraid that--for whatever reason--they've withdrawn from the thread, and we haven't heard anything from spyder spyder in ages. I think it's just us three now, unless you wouldn't mind advertising on your new thread, Sanc?

I can advertise for sure! Also I reached out to Wanderlust and apparently some really bad stuff has been going on in their life. They didn’t go into details but it sounds like they are having a really hard time.

Christian and Cas are up, although it was difficult to write for both given that Wander hasn't been able to post with Blair/Lainey and Spyder also hasn't replied with Beck/Chet. But hopefully the posts were good enough as is anyway.

Hello, There are like 80 pages in this thread, could i get cliff notes of how to enter the RP/Current situation?

PlusUltra PlusUltra Of course. Soooo, right now in the RP thread we're at the very end of Phase Two of training (the final night, in fact), but the initiates had the day off from training due to a faction-wide celebration for one of the leaders, Jeremy Daniels. Several big plots are happening right now: Chris has just been arrested for assaulting Blair's abusive brother, Ajax, and accidentally also hitting her in the process, while Fable watched the whole thing happen. Cas, Shayla, and Lainey are all gathered in the apartment that Shayla and Lainey share and are playing games like spin the bottle and truth or dare while taking substances. Griffon is an initiate with amnesia, and one of the instructors, Bloom, is privately doing a fear simulation with him right now in an effort to recover some of the lost memories of his past. Charlie, Aubrey, Thorn, and Ghost are all at Charlie and Aubrey's mother's house for dinner, but unbeknownst to some of the dinner guests, not everything is as peachy as it seems and there's some unaddressed tension in the room. Vex, spy for Erudite and superhuman weapon, is in her secret lair quietly keeping tabs on those other characters whom she deems as potential threats or opportunities to her superiors' goals. Randi and Maverick are flirting at Maverick's apartment after having discovered some damning evidence that indicates Randi might be Divergent.

Does anyone have any idle characters who would be open to interacting with Maeve? Or since Wolfiee Wolfiee looks like they're almost finished with their characters, perhaps Maeve can encounter one of them? PlusUltra PlusUltra It is entirely your choice how you want to jump into the RP!

OK. So I will have passes the first two trials (Not sure what those were) but only now heading to...Dauntless housing?. Do they all live I same area? Share apartments or are they like Dorms?. Also do Daintless get paid etc?

PlusUltra PlusUltra
They live in dorms and receive a small allowance. Initiates who are well off, have family in dauntless or already lived in dauntless previously sometimes live in their own homes or apartments. But there is a dorm that they all share, bunk beds and also a shared bathroom.

As for the stages of training and testing.
First stage was physical training. That was hand to hand combat, knife fighting and skill with guns. It was mostly training with those weapons individually, sparring and full out fights and competitions.

The second stage is what they've just finished, which was going through simulations that put you in a situation that you desperately fear. They time how long it takes you to get over it, by calming your heart rate. However you can't tell you're in a simulation, it seems as real as real life (aside from divergents who can tell it's not real)

As for what you character could do currently... Griffon can be free if need be, he's just chatting with Bloom currently. So if anyone wants to interact with him that's cool. I think Sanc would appreciate having someone interact with Vex so they can roleplay with someone other than themself.

Also I'll be posting with Aubrey soon.

Ok so she will likely just be showing up after Blitzing through the second test, namely due to her heart rate not actually raising. Ill have her enter into the Dorms i guess and looking over the common room maybe or something.

Oh also i think i need to be added to the list at the start of the RP thread.

PlusUltra PlusUltra The link to the RP thread is on the first post, but I'll include it here for your convenience: Fandom - Divergent: Faction Before Blood // RP Thread Just note that today there's no training, so no need for Maeve to be doing any tests. Most of the initiates are currently at a party, or they've split off in pairs or small groups. But if Maeve isn't the partying type, Griffon and Bloom are a little ways off from the center of the action, if you would like for her to run into them?

I meant the list at the start of the RP thread that lists all the characters. I kinda just got done posting something that was her turning up to the Dorms and justified it as there was delays in her starting plus issues that had them ask for blood work etc before she could arrive, and also try to explain why she was not in the group with the others until now. Is the Party at the Dorms or elsewhere?

I ended the post with them crossing into the dorms themselves as i was not certain who was in there/what the area looked like to add more.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Good first post! The party is both inside and outside the compound, not necessarily within the barracks because it's not just limited to initiates. For the most part, there's people celebrating in clubs and outside there are parades and fireworks.

Should have my histories for both up tonight. I’m working on them right now. So if anyone is interested in plotting with them or interacting once accepted please let me know!

PlusUltra PlusUltra just one other thing. They've been in dauntles living in the dorms already since day 1 which would be like 2 or 3 weeks ago in the roleplay.
Phase 1 of training was like a week long, and phase 2 was the same. So Maeve would have, like all the initiates, been in dauntless for a couple of weeks and already been living in the dorms etc.

oh. so any reason that would make sense as to why shes only just meeting people then if just arriving doesn't work?

Not really? She would know them all already. You can have it that she distanced herself out of a personal choice, like maybe she didn't feel comfortable in any of the cliques that formed. Like she kept to herself. However she would have stayed in the dorm, maybe she just didn't speak to anyone.

Kinda just trying to stay IC for how they would handle things, while also not making it awkward at suddenly being there the entire time despite having never interacted with the others. Id instead rather have some reason that delayed her arrival...like the way she joined and prior status had them put her through a solo testing or something,,

That's rather unrealistic and would be really awkward because the whole point of testing is that they're tested against each other. But it's up to Aviator Aviator to decide.
Honestly my advice would be that she just didn't get to know anyone, and only knows their names and what they look like.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Yeah, so Nerdy. Nerdy. is right about initiation being a competition among all the initiates, in which the strong pass to the next phase and the weak are eliminated and declared factionless. The Choosing Ceremony only happens once a year, so initiates all join the faction at the same time, but may be cut at different periods depending on individual performance. So Maeve would have been doing training at the Dauntless compound ever since Phase One.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back