• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // plot & chat

Free-for-all or simulation duels for tomorrow's training?

• Free-for-all!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Simulation duels!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here

Aviator

all colors lead to gray
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey, guys, this is just a thread where you can post any ideas you have for the RP, your character's relationships with others, questions or comments you may have, or if you simply just want to chat with your fellow RPers. Please, don't be afraid to put forth any ideas you come up with! Anything and everything are welcome. Just the basic rules:
1) No OOC fighting
2) I don't mind swearing, just don't take it to the extreme
3) Respect each other
4) Be appropriate
5) Have fun!!
:D

1) Leah (Charlie)
2) Thorn (Charlie)
3) Poppy (Bloom)
4) Finn (Charlie)
5) Jaxom (Ghost)
6) Blair (Ghost)
7) Vex (Harper)
8) Aubrey (Ghost)
9) Chris (Bloom)
10) Fable (Harper)

In terms of a brief recap of the RP, the initiates just started their second day of training for Phase 2 of initiation, the mental phase in which they learn to confront simulations of that which they fear most. During training, all of the initiates will be left to socialize among each other until one of the instructors collects them for their own private session, and then they are injected with a serum that causes them to hallucinate one of their worst fears. Except for Divergents, initiates are not aware that the serum is a hallucination while they are experiencing it. Just like in the books, the effects of the serum end when the initiate calms their breathing and heart rate down, and initiates are ranked according to time. Since the Choosing Ceremony, about two and a half weeks have passed. Feel free to jump in with your initiate characters wherever! Right now, everyone is assembled in one space together (except for those initiates who are in the middle of a fear simulation), so don't be afraid to approach anyone you'd like, new RPers! Just assume that your initiate characters have been here in Dauntless since the start of training. Phase 1 was all physical combat, but since we're mostly done with that now, new characters' level of performance throughout Phase 1 is up to individual RPers.

Yesterday in the RP...
Ghost and Randi just finished up dueling in a simulated environment, kinda like a virtual reality where they try to kill each other. Afterward, the two of them went to get coffee together, where they were surprised to encounter Alex Young, Leah's devious brother from Erudite, when he abruptly sat down at their table. Unbeknownst to Randi, Alex is there on his father's behalf to check in with Ghost and ensure that he is doing his job surveying the initiates for possible Divergents. Perceiving Alex's arrival as a threat (he and Ghost have a long and unpleasant history), Ghost "accidentally" spills coffee on him so that the two of them have an excuse to escape Randi. But Randi is catching on to Alex and Ghost's existing relationship and knows that something is off. When the two boys are alone together, Ghost offers to take Alex on a tour of the initiates' part of the compound. Then they arrive at one of the testing rooms where the initiates conduct their fear simulations, and Ghost surprises Alex by suddenly injecting him with fear serum.

Dante and Fable, who have been friends ever since the beginning of initiation, were recently commiserating about the turmoil they each feel in the wake of their fear simulations. As a way to cool down from the tension of their training, the two of them climb to the top of the compound roof and engage in a race across various nearby roofs. Their contest comes to an end when Dante slips while leaping between rooftops and very nearly falls to his death. While nothing explicitly romantic has occurred between them yet, it appears as though their growing relationship might be heading in that direction.

A little while ago, Aubrey was approached by the head of Dauntless security, Jeremy Daniels (who unbeknownst to her is her half sister Charlie's biological and very abusive father), and he informed her that her mother and sister are being abused by an unknown suspect. However, Charlie and Sasha refuse to disclose their assailant's identity, and so Jeremy has tasked Aubrey with discovering who's behind it. After getting tattoos with Finn, Aubrey approaches her best friend about her new mission, and how Jeremy promised to promote her to leadership if she succeeds. Together the two of them come up with a plan to discreetly observe Charlie over the next few days and see if she interacts with anyone who could possibly be the culprit. Right now, Aubrey and Finn have arrived at Aubrey's house with intent to search Charlie's room while she's not there and hopefully uncover some clues.

After an arduous day of training, Bella and Night have recently made one another's acquaintance. Both of them feel somewhat like misfits in their new faction, having belonged to Amity and Abnegation respectively prior to the Choosing Ceremony. Neither of them has a whole lot of confidants at the moment, so they make a pact to be friends and not let the trials of initiation pull them apart. Bella and Night leave the compound, walking around and exploring the city, reminiscing about the changes between their old lives and their new ones. While nothing romantic has occurred between them yet, it looks as though a future flirtation may be a possibility.

Blair has recently been making some startling self discoveries. It appears as though she has gained a shocking new ability to move objects with her mind, which may or may not have something to do with a mysterious drug she indirectly obtained from her boyfriend, Chris. After being courted by an unexpected ally with a plan to utilize her ability to fight back against the corrupt faction system, she is unsure what to think or who to trust... especially now that the aforementioned ally is in possession of the dark secret of her Divergent status. Currently, Blair is trying to destress by going to lunch with Thorn, a Dauntless-born initiate with whom she has had limited past interactions, and the two of them are chatting amiably about his hobby of metal and woodcarving.

Poppy has confided in Maverick the full weight of her inner turbulence; not only is she struggling to manage her romantic feelings toward him, but her long-lost father recently reached out to her requesting a meeting. Poppy agreed to the meeting, but she wonders whether her decision is a wise one, since her father had originally disappeared after being named the main suspect of her mother's murder. Maverick tries to dissuade her from the meeting, but he fails to change her mind. Additionally, he and Poppy discuss yesterday's incident of a kiss between them. Maverick is unsure whether he reciprocates his long-time friend's affection, since he is also partially attracted to Bella. However, as an instructor, he knows that a relationship with either initiate is forbidden and could land him in a world of trouble if word gets out. Leaving Poppy with a noncommittal promise to sort out his feelings for both girls, he goes to locate Bella to lay some boundaries in their friendship and apologize for any previously uncouth behavior toward her.

Last but not least, Charlie was going on a jog throughout the compound when she literally ran into Jaxom. With nothing better to do and nowhere to go, the two of them engage in conversation about Jaxom's life in his previous faction, Candor. Jaxom tells her about his family and how he dearly misses them. What he does not bring up, however, are the various bruises he notices littering Charlie's body. Charlie regularly neglects self care, and when she shivers from cold, Jaxom slides his jacket around her shoulders. Charlie appreciates the gesture and can't help but reflect on the muddled state of her sort-of relationship with her current romantic interest, and how Jaxom seems comparatively more attuned to her needs and emotions.

1) Charlie gets taken out by Harper.
2) Thorn gets taken out by Vex.
3) Finn gets taken out by Fable.
4) Aubrey gets taken out by Indira.
5) Leah gets taken out by Chris.
6) Jaxom gets taken out by Vex.
7) Night gets taken out by Indira.
8) Ghost gets taken out by Harper.
9) Vex gets taken out by Randi.
10) Indira gets taken out by Harper and earns 10 points.
11) Randi gets taken out by Fable and earns 20 points.
12) Harper gets taken out by Chris and cheats the kids outta their 30 points.
13) Chris gets taken out by Fable and earns 40 points.
14) Fable wins!!! And earns 50 points.
[/JUSTIFY]

Last edited:
Well time for some plotting. I wonder if Jacksonwhitmore is gonna come over as well. If not I guess I’ll just have Mav forever being Poppy’s lost love. Lol

Lol, yeah, I'm wondering if Crimsonwolf is coming over too. Bella would be big sad to lose both Ben and Mav haha

The last I checked, neither Jacks nor Xayah has longed on to FF since the announcement of the shutdown. I don't envy the rude awakening they're gonna have to find everyone is mostly already gone lol.

Kio.exe Kio.exe Please join us with Maggie! We'd love to plot with your baby girl.

Wolfiee Wolfiee Normally I would PM you about this idea, but we need to get our plot thread going! Okay, so for today's training in the RP, Leah's performance in her simulation will be consistent with her previous ones in that it won't be very impressive, and Ghost, who'd administered her test, grows increasingly concerned about the pattern she's sinking into and its implications for her ranking. Then, for tomorrow's training in the RP, during the time that the initiates are supposed to be doing hand-to-hand combat exercises as a reprieve from the simulations, Ghost will call out sick from work. But really, it's just an excuse so that he and Leah have the testing rooms to themselves so that they can hone her technique for combating the simulations. That morning, when Leah is leaving the barracks, Jaxom notices that she's not taking the usual route to the training arena from Phase 1, but in fact, she's heading in the direction of the testing rooms. Later, when he notices that both she and Ghost are conspicuously absent from training, Jaxom remembers how he and Randi had burst in on Ghost and Leah kissing. Both out of concern for Leah and wanting to get even with his least favorite instructor, Jaxom tells Charlie that he saw Leah heading toward the testing rooms earlier that morning and how he fears that Leah might have forgotten they'd be doing training elsewhere today, all with the intent of Charlie going after Leah and catching her and Ghost in a compromising position. What do you think? Does this sound like something Jax would do?

So as a born Dauntless, Maggie would have to have some sort of relationship with the other dauntless initiates. Would you prefer we worked something out, or for them to “know of” each other, but just have never really interacted?

Edit: Also, have the simulations happened already?

Last edited:
Aviator Aviator : Oh yeah I could see Jaxom doing something like that. Since he would want Ghost to be caught as he doesn’t like when someone dates multiple people at once. Since he himself is a very honest man yet he knows Charlie might not believe him over Ghost. So he would make sure she saw with her own eyes!

Track - this is jacksonwhittmore - new username lol Maverick and Blair are both open for plotting

Wolfiee Wolfiee For now - I'd say Maverick is open for anything, it's definitely going to be an adjustment with new people joining and others possibly not transferring over so I'm just going to feel things out as I go.

Aviator Aviator hate to be the one to ask this but is there a chance that our post time requirements can be extended this week... especially since I have no idea whether or not some people are even still in the thread and I just had to transfer over a few threads of my own to this site dealing with the transition... Im kinda burnt out lol

Wolfiee Wolfiee Awesome, I'm glad you like the idea!

WanderLust. WanderLust. Yeah, I think everyone from FF can relate to that feeling right now lol. Just please try to have a post up by next weekend.

Those of you with Dauntless-born characters, please be sure to plot with Kio.exe Kio.exe 's character, Maggie!

Last edited:
Well Poppy is dauntless born who’s twin joined Amity instead of staying with her. She’s been friends with Randi, Blair, and Maverick since they were children. She’s in love with Mav and is just now accepting those feelings again. But since we have new people I guess I’ll leave her open for new romance and such. She’s also open to friends and enemies of any kind.

I do hope that all our previous members rejoin but if they don’t I’d be interested in aging Poppy up to instructor if it becomes available or divergent.

Sorry I thought I bookmarked the thread whoops.
Just one thing Wolfiee Wolfiee Jaxom won't know Ghost is "dating" Charlie since they're not actually dating and they're doing it in secret. However, Jaxom can be annoyed that Ghost is playing favourites, AND he knows that Initiates/instructors shouldn't be having relationships.

I will try and think up some plots but just trying to wrap my head around everything and a bit busy IRL too. Salutations to everyone who transferred and the new people too 😊😊

Just FYI people Lizzie won't be sticking around much longer so don't bother making many plots with her. Four characters is just very tiring and I can't keep up now.

Otherwise im excited to continue this thread. 😊

Aviator Aviator Should we repost our last posts from the FF thread?? Or at least those who have gone thru simulations already? Also I'll get to putting Bella's old form up today :)

hey everyone, excited for this -
so I tried to read over the old rp thread and get a little caught up but its a lot so that might take a long while lol. We're on day 2 of simulations so that's maybe a week in? Are the new people just going to slide into the action like they're already there?

hey everyone, excited for this -
so I tried to read over the old rp thread and get a little caught up but its a lot so that might take a long while lol. We're on day 2 of simulations so that's maybe a week in? Are the new people just going to slide into the action like they're already there?
I think it's more like a couple weeks in?? I'm not entirely sure but yeah! Just hop right in lol you can ask Nightmare too for a better recap heh

Poppy is updated relationship wise on her sign up so she’s open for relationships I guess lol

Also I’m gonna read over all the new people’s forms and try to come up with some possibly plots between our characters!

jrink jrink In terms of a brief recap of the RP, the initiates just started their second day of training for Phase 2 of initiation, the mental phase in which they learn to confront simulations of that which they fear most. During training, all of the initiates will be left to socialize among each other until one of the instructors collects them for their own private session, and then they are injected with a serum that causes them to hallucinate one of their worst fears. Except for Divergents, initiates are not aware that the serum is a hallucination while they are experiencing it. Just like in the books, the effects of the serum end when the initiate calms their breathing and heart rate down, and initiates are ranked according to time. Since the Choosing Ceremony, about two and a half weeks have passed. Feel free to jump in with Dante wherever! All the initiates are assembled in one space right now (except for the ones who are in the middle of a fear simulation), so you can approach anyone you'd like. Yeah, just assume that Dante has been there since the start of initiation. Phase 1 was all physical combat, but since we're mostly done with that now, Dante's level of performance through it is up to you. That's basically where we are in training as a group. If you want to know more about the plots of specific characters, I'll be uploading a more detailed recap to the first post shortly!

Nerdy. Nerdy. Do you plan to RP Lizzie throughout today's fear simulations, or would you prefer I assign a different initiate to Harper?

I don't think it's necessary, if I'm just dropping Lizzie as a character then there's no point rping her unless necessary.

Sorry I haven't done anything! I've had no time and no internet again, I will try tomorrow, or the next day.

Hey there, new RPers, who wants to plot?

Kio.exe Kio.exe Personally, I think Ghost and Maggie would clash, since both of them seem to be rigid and uncompromising in terms of getting what they want. More than that, Maggie's penchant for acting first and thinking later will really get on his nerves, since he's a strategist who believes in not letting emotions control his decisions. Then there's her disrespect for authority, and while Ghost is calm and refined on a surface level, once provoked he turns into a vicious opponent who doesn't know how to forgive. The only real common ground I see between them is that they both enjoy reading, so perhaps literature is something they could discuss. Albeit Maggie will likely have to do the approaching, since Ghost doesn't often go out of his way to engage in conversation.

MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide Ghost will appreciate Nic's capacity for compassion, which is something not often seen in the cutthroat world of Dauntless, but at the same time he thinks Nic's willingness to trust is a liability that decreases his chances of passing initiation. Ghost tends to take his job in a very serious, professional manner and isn't good at opening up to others, so he'll likely reject any attempts at friendship that Nic might make, but an acquaintanceship between them isn't out of the question. Unless of course Nic tries to hug him, in which case Nic might get shot. But overall, I think Nic's unsuspecting optimism will be an interesting complement to Ghost's brand of cynical idealism, in which he automatically distrusts others' motives but simultaneously has a lot of big ideas on how to change society for the better.

jrink jrink These two are kindred spirits! Overall, I think Ghost is a little more fierce, ruthless, and quietly aggressive than Dante, but that could just be a side effect of exposure to traumatic experiences. Other than that, they're really similar, being intellectuals who seek out challenges, fight with their minds, and hold themselves to very high standards. I would love to see these two play each other in some kind of strategy game. Except for around people he knows well, Ghost is kinda intense and brooding, so he'll appreciate how Dante's dry sense of humor makes him feel at ease. Since they're both originally from Erudite, I'd love to plot some shared history!

Last edited:
Hey there, new RPers, who wants to plot?

Kio.exe Kio.exe Personally, I think Ghost and Maggie would clash, since both of them seem to be rigid and uncompromising in terms of getting what they want. More than that, Maggie's penchant for acting first and thinking later will really get on his nerves, since he's a strategist who believes in not letting emotions control his decisions. Then there's her disrespect for authority, and while Ghost is calm and refined on a surface level, once provoked he turns into a vicious opponent who doesn't know how to forgive. The only real common ground I see between them is that they both enjoy reading, so perhaps literature is something they could discuss. Albeit Maggie will likely have to do the approaching, since Ghost doesn't often go out of his way to engage in conversation.

MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide Ghost will appreciate Nic's capacity for compassion, which is something not often seen in the cutthroat world of Dauntless, but at the same time he thinks Nic's willingness to trust is a liability that decreases his chances of passing initiation. Ghost tends to take his job in a very serious, professional manner and isn't good at opening up to others, so he'll likely reject any attempts at friendship that Nic might make, but an acquaintanceship between them isn't out of the question. Unless of course Nic tries to hug him, in which case Nic might get shot. But overall, I think Nic's unsuspecting optimism will be an interesting complement to Ghost's brand of cynical idealism, in which he automatically distrusts others' motives but simultaneously has a lot of big ideas on how to change society for the better.

jrink jrink These two are kindred spirits! Overall, I think Ghost is a little more fierce, ruthless, and quietly aggressive than Dante, but that could just be a side effect of exposure to traumatic experiences. Other than that, they're really similar, being intellectuals who seek out challenges, fight with their minds, and hold themselves to very high standards. I would love to see these two play each other in some kind of strategy game. Except for around people he knows well, Ghost is kinda intense and brooding, so he'll appreciate how Dante's dry sense of humor makes him feel at ease. Since they're both originally from Erudite, I'd love to plot some shared history!
Yeah, I can see what you mean. It also might be cool if Maggie learns to respect (some) authority once she realizes that they’re only trying to make her better. She’ll probably resist this, of course, but it could interesting character development. Maggie will definitely approach him—she is by no means shy—and I can see her annoying the living Hell out of him, but then them becoming friends.

MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide I can see Nic and Maggie clashing, since she hates people from Amity, but I can see him wearing her down and them becoming friends, or a least reluctant acquaintances. They both love music and reading, so they’ll have that in common.

Edit: Is it alright for me to post yet, or are we still waiting for some pots from other members?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back