• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // plot & chat

Free-for-all or simulation duels for tomorrow's training?

• Free-for-all!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Simulation duels!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Aviator Aviator I will post with Aubrey tomorrow! My husband and I had to do stuff today that took a lot longer than we thought. But I can easily do Aubrey and probably Charlie tomorrow ^_^

For tomorrow in the RP, here's what I'm thinking: We'll be starting the first day of fear landscapes, which differ from the fear simulations in that everyone knows they're a simulation and they have to "solve" the problem logically rather than just calm their breathing and heart rate down. Like we did in Phase 2, I'm thinking that to get the initiates' feet wet, we use one of the instructors' fearscapes to ease the kids into training, plus it gives the instructors more of a role. So in the RP I'm thinking the instructors gamble among themselves to see who will randomly be drawn, and then that person's fear landscape is used. Also, to make this phase distinct from previous ones, I'm thinking of making the competition a lot more head-to-head or 1v1, like it was in Phase One of training. By that I mean, what if two initiates are pitted against each other with each training session, and instead of their times being recorded, scorekeeping is kept on a win or lose basis. Like one initiate either completes their fearscape in less time than the other and wins, or they take longer and lose, and that's how they're ranked, with a bracket. What do you guys think of all this?

Your ideas, as always, are lovely <3 Aviator Aviator

I'm sorry it took me so long to do, but I've been so busy and then it took me ages to type that post up. Hope that it's okay as a finisher for my last 2

If everyone is accounted for and ready to wrap up, then I will do my best to post with the timeskip on Tuesday! Also, the randomly chosen instructor whose fearscape will be utterly violated explored on the first day is Charlie, so have fun with that my dood. Nerdy. Nerdy.

Oh my lol I’m also excited for this so looking forward to how this will all play out.

So are we doing initiate vs initiate for who either beats the sim the fasted or slowest lol.

Also if we are who’s going against who?

Wolfiee Wolfiee Should we do a head to head style bracket, the winner would be the initiate with the fastest time. Do you guys want to use this method, or would you rather just have the initiates compete individually as they've been doing and everyone is scored from best to worst rather than on a win/lose basis? If we do the bracket, I'll randomly generate the matches today.

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Yes, that's fine. Good luck with filming!

I think it would be fun to have a bracket type match that’s randomized. Though I’m also fine with what everyone else wants lol

Before I make the first round of matches in the bracket, do you guys also want me to randomize the winners, or is there another method you guys would prefer to use to decide who wins?

Can we simply randomised matches, and then whoever you're matched with, you can figure out with them who you think should/would win? I think that works well personally.
Aviator Aviator do you want to also randomly assign Charlie's fears to each of them?
And I also only have time on Saturday to do my replies but I'm super excited!!

Cas vs Rhys
Vex vs Thorn
Fable vs Randi
Aubrey vs Griffon
Shayla vs Yuri
Chris vs Aya

Also, what do you guys think of the idea of both initiates being in the same simulation as one another? Like they are both in the same version of the fearscape and can interact with (or against) one another to find a solution to the fear? And do you guys want me to randomly assign one of Charlie's fears to each pair of initiates, or do y'all wanna decide together which one your characters experience?

Although I love random lists. 2 of those match ups are all Sanctuary's characters (4 of them) and 1 of those match ups are both mine (Aubrey griffon)
Maybe we could at least switch some of Sancs and mine together?

Nerdy. Nerdy. Aight yeah, I'mma just re-randomize the lists because literally half the matches are just one RPer interacting with their own characters.

Vex vs. Griffon
Yuri vs. Rhys
Aya vs. Cas
Thorn vs. Chris
Randi vs. Shayla
Fable vs. Aubrey

I will be replying with Griffon sometime today.

also, here are Charlie's fears, for everyone who wants to know. I don't mind if we randomize it, or if you choose out of preference.
I'm totally happy to add more if these are too difficult, Charlie has a lot of fears.

Being unable to help - She fears that she won't be able to help someone, whether that means being unable to save someone medically, being unable to help someone do something, she's built to help people, and she fears not being able to. This especially comes from the fact when she would try to stop her father beating her mother, but would be unable to do so.
Phonophobia: Loud noises - Charlie hates hearing any loud noises, whether it's by surprise or not, it literally terrifies her, causing her to panic, to stop breathing properly and occasionally freeze in fear. This tends to come from when her father would yell at her mother, and he had a very loud voice.
Pyrophobia: Fire - Charlie hates things that naturally hurt people, and although fire does help in bringing light and heat, it also hurts a lot when out of control. She doesn't mind if the fire is inside and contained in something like a lamp or a sealed in fireplace, but if it isn't completely sealed in she gets quite scared of it's destructive qualities.
Entomophobia: Bugs - Charlie does not like bugs, and what she mainly fears is them crawling over her body. She gets this from when her father 'touched/s' her.
Acrophobia: Heights - Charlie has never liked heights, it terrifies her to the point of fainting if she looks down. She probably got this from how her father would strangle her and lift her off her feet, and it would make her fear when her legs can't touch the ground.
Her Father - She greatly fears her father, you can read her back story for why.
Her family being in pain - Her greatest fear, is ever seeing her family or loved ones in pain, particularly Aubrey. She's had to go through this fear so many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back