• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // plot & chat

Free-for-all or simulation duels for tomorrow's training?

• Free-for-all!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Simulation duels!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
I am having so much fun rping with Ghostie boi! Hahaha! I am also excited for Randi’s next fear simulation because those are so much fun to write!

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 MWMASkairipa MWMASkairipa Sounds fun!

Kio.exe Kio.exe MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide jrink jrink paralyzed paralyzed I have just one more ritual of introduction for you guys! So, because Dauntless initiation is essentially a contest where initiates are ranked and those ranking lowest flunk out, we sorta came up with a method for determining our characters' ranks for the first phase of initiation. The first phase is entirely physical training, focusing on skill at hand-to-hand combat, knives, and guns. We created battle stats for our charries, so that when they face each other in competition, we can predict a winner. The way our stats work is we broke them up into the three aforementioned categories, each rated on a 1-10 scale, ten being the most skillful. RPers were given a certain number of points to divide between these three categories in any distribution they liked. This number of points was originally based on the amount of posting each RPer had done, as to generate slightly different amounts for everyone to make the rankings clearer, but this method isn't going to work for those of you just coming in. The total number of points for the following characters have all been randomly generated: Maggie - 16 ; Nic - 17 ; Dante - 16 ; Night - 15. If the totals seem kinda low for now, don't worry, because at the completion of each phase everyone will get a 1-3 point stat boost (again randomly generated). And since Phase One is over, we don't use the battle stats as much as we used to; they're just for physical combat and have nothing to do with the fear simulations. If you want to see some examples of how the stats should look, just take a look at some veterans' forms!

Sorry if this explanation is a little hard to wrap your head around lol. Do you guys think you understand what to do? If not, feel free to ask questions!

I had to be a bother, especially if this has already been clarified - but do we have a link to the RP thread on Rpnation? I haven't been able to find one in the application thread or this thread but maybe I'm just missing it? Also, have we decided which instructors will be working with the new additions to our crew (Night, Dante, Nic, and Maggie?) I also can't remember who Maverick had for testing today - I'll try to post as soon as I can figure out who Maverick has to work with and where the actual RP thread is lol

Aviator Aviator Yeah that needs to happen again!! They could get into another physical fight or something, or maybe Ghost can bring up Divergents somehow and picks Finn to explain them, or they compete in like a train jumping race? Idk there's a lot of rivalry options XD

WanderLust. WanderLust. The link to the RP thread is at the bottom of the first post on the apps thread; my apologies if that wasn't a very obvious location for it lol. But I'll link it here for your convenience. Fandom - Divergent: Faction Before Blood // RP Thread
Information regarding training (rankings and initiate-instructor pairings) can be found on the first post of this thread. For today's sessions, Maverick has Aubrey, Jaxom, Nic, and Night. Take them in any order you'd like.

Baratheon Baratheon Hmm... Ghost isn't very athletically inclined, so he wouldn't challenge Finn or allow himself to be goaded into another physical fight. Rather, he would play to his strengths, and if it were his intention to take on Finn, he'd suggest some kind of strategy or mind game (cards, chess, Monopoly), where he thinks he has the upper hand. Or maybe Ghost goes to pick Finn for a simulation, but remembering what Charlie told him about only allowing her to administer his simulations, Finn resists or pretends to be ill or something, until Charlie intervenes and tells Ghost she'll take it from there. That, or since tomorrow the initiates will be having a day of physical training as a kind of respite from the simulations, maybe Finn taunts Ghost about having a rematch?
EDIT: Oh, I have an idea! What if, assuming that Aubrey and Finn do go to the training arena to spar after today's simulations, Ghost crashes their session? Like, he's there to train of his own accord and runs into them?

Last edited:
So I just helped my mum, dad and brother move out of their house (into a caravan.. it's pretty sad actually) and I have to look after one of the cats, I have studying, and working to do... BUUUUUT I MANAGED TO POST! (Are you proud of me <3 Aviator Aviator )
It may not be amazing, but I decided its better than nothing.
Also, I can't get back onto FF at the moment???

Nerdy. Nerdy. I'm so sorry to hear about your parents! I hope things get better for them soon. I'm proud of you and Charlie both! I wasn't expecting her to open up to Bella so courageously, and I'm a huge fan of the character development she's undergone since the beginning of the RP.

In honor of Halloween night... what's everyone's characters' favorite candy? Ghost would like Sour Patch Kids, Trolli gummy worms, and black licorice, because he thinks he's too grown-up for sweet things.

Happy Halloween everyone! I haven't been on in a while since the power went off in my area for 2-days and just back on lol

Sorry if this explanation is a little hard to wrap your head around lol. Do you guys think you understand what to do? If not, feel free to ask questions!

and I think I got it! We just portion those points between the categories mentioned on everyone else's sheet basically?

jrink jrink Yes! If you look at some forms, you'll notice some people have a fourth personalized stat, where they also have points for a weapon that's unique to them. If you want to include one of these special categories in your own character's stats, go right ahead! Or you can always stick to the traditional three: guns, knives, and hand-to-hand, and have more points to divvy up among those.

Would anyone like to plot? I have two characters on this thread and their names are Randi and Fable. Randi is dauntless born and is a flirty, impulsive, pyromaniac with a big heart and fiery temper. She doesn’t hold back her thoughts or actions and if she thinks you are in the wrong, no matter who you are, she will let you know. She is loyal and a great friend to have at your side during a fight. Fable is a transfer from Abnegation who is desperate to show she belongs in Dauntless and is learning how to be selfish but also is still extremely kind. She refuses to let others tell her what she is and is not capable of and she will do the same for others. She is a great person to go to for advice or just to hangout with.

I’ll get my replies up soon. I’ve been busy with my sons birthday and celebrating Halloween as well.

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 I think Ghost would come to like Fable! He really admires people who act out of the kindness of their hearts, and not just because they have something to gain from it. He'll appreciate that Fable is a little bit softer than the stereotypical Dauntless teenager (whom he often views as an obnoxious party animal), yet is still capable of standing up for herself and her beliefs. I imagine he'll genuinely want to see her succeed, not just because it's his job to train her. But if ever he sees her trying too hard to fit in with the Dauntless crowd, he won't hesitate to voice his disapproval, and he'll probably be cold about it. Not only does Ghost hate inauthenticity, but he might take Fable's choice to become "more Dauntless" as a betrayal somewhat, since he knows he's a misfit by their standards and it seems like she's indirectly rejecting him.

Last edited:
MWMASkairipa MWMASkairipa oh for sure! Fable would be protective of Bella and also be there to help her through things!

Aviator Aviator Ooooo I love all of that! If Ghost criticizes her for trying to act more Dauntless she will probably pull him aside or something and explain that she has been forced to live as someone she was not for her entire life and so now she is trying to figure out who she really is no matter what that means. She will be sad if he doesn’t understand and sorry to lose his respect but in her mind she is going through a necessary transformation in order to become the version of herself she has always wanted to be (not a full Dauntless but just an improved version of herself).

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 they can bond over past traumas and their love for animals and nature too haha. If they were back in Amity Bell would TOTALLY show her the old willow tree she grew up playing under ☺️

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Hm... in response Ghost would probably say something that sounds simultaneously intellectual and haughty, like, "There's a difference between finding yourself and selling your soul to join the soulless" lol. But at the same time, he'd act all nonchalant about what he perceives to be Fable choosing sides against him, saying that if she wants to be a shallow popular girl, that's fine, but she has no business being around him if she does. (Kinda like Mean Girls when Janis tells Cady to get lost!) Ghost isn't very good at forming and maintaining friendships (surprise, surprise), because he believes that people are inherently bad and befriending them is more likely than not to end in some kind of backstabbing. So he tends to set discreet tests for individuals when he's wondering just how far he can trust them... or if it would be better to stop wasting his time on that person and justify dumping their friendship, which he can usually do without too much sentimentality getting in the way. So maybe around the time of graduation (because Fable and Ghost will need some time to become friends in the first place), their diverging ideals create a rift between them and they resort to ignoring each other? What do you think?

Kio.exe Kio.exe MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide jrink jrink paralyzed paralyzed Have you guys decided how you want to distribute your characters' battle stat points? Or do you have any questions first?

Last edited:
Yes, perfect! You don't have to right now, but when you get the chance, please edit your characters' stats into your forms, everyone! That would be a big help so we can find them later.

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Hm... in response Ghost would probably say something that sounds simultaneously intellectual and haughty, like, "There's a difference between finding yourself and selling your soul to join the soulless" lol. But at the same time, he'd act all nonchalant about what he perceives to be Fable choosing sides against him, saying that if she wants to be a shallow popular girl, that's fine, but she has no business being around him if she does. (Kinda like Mean Girls when Janis tells Cady to get lost!) Ghost isn't very good at forming and maintaining friendships (surprise, surprise), because he believes that people are inherently bad and befriending them is more likely than not to end in some kind of backstabbing. So he tends to set discreet tests for individuals when he's wondering just how far he can trust them... or if it would be better to stop wasting his time on that person and justify dumping their friendship, which he can usually do without too much sentimentality getting in the way. So maybe around the time of graduation (because Fable and Ghost will need some time to become friends in the first place), their diverging ideals create a rift between them and they resort to ignoring each other? What do you think?

Kio.exe Kio.exe MadeInAdelaide MadeInAdelaide jrink jrink paralyzed paralyzed Have you guys decided how you want to distribute your characters' battle stat points? Or do you have any questions first?
Oooh so I never knew about that! How many points to we have?

Aviator Aviator I think both Ghost crashing training and him trying to pick Finn are great ideas! Finn and Aubrey together could totally take Ghost down in a fight, and it would be interesting to see that almost play out. Like if they challenged him while training, Ghost would obviously bluff his way through coming up with some reason as to not, and that would be funny. Also, him putting Finn on the spot and Charlie having to save him could cause some other characters (like Harper) to think of him as sus.

I'll post soon, I promise! Love seeing all the new people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back