• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // adv. apps (open!!)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
PlusUltra PlusUltra If that is the case, then please elaborate about this psychological condition in Maeve's Personality or Backstory, because I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it. However, if your character truly has no fears, then I don't know how her fear simulations would work, or how she would grow as a Dauntless initiate. Perhaps try thinking of fear in a more abstract light; are there any versions of the future that she dreads or would find extremely upsetting? What makes your character lose hope? At what point does she stop fighting because the odds are too overwhelming? Is there anyone close to her whose safety she prioritizes above her own?

I have my two up just finishing up their backstories and getting them added. I hope that they look ok so far.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Maeve's Personality and Backstory look great now; thank you for your cooperation! Now then, just her fears remain, and I'm aware of how her psychological condition might undermine this. I urge you to reconsider though, seeing as we're coming up on Phase Three of Dauntless initiation, which is when the initiates hallucinate their fear landscapes and are forced to systematically confront and conquer these fears one at a time. Even if Maeve doesn't feel "fear" in its truest sense, what might she see during these hallucinations? Is she anxious of the possibility of failing to transition into Dauntless and becoming Factionless again? Does the thought of opening up to another person and being betrayed unnerve her? Or is there some traumatic event in her past that she doesn't like to think about? Please come up with four scenarios that Maeve would encounter in her fear landscape, and then I shall add her to the roster!

Wolfiee Wolfiee Aya is a f.cking queen and I claim her as my own. 👑 Loving your kiddos so far!

Added 4 "fears", though she essentially can't feel it as she lacks the part of her brain that processes it. So has to try and understand it theoretically for it to be a conscious thing she uses, but there is no real attachment to it once she stops thinking it over.

Rhys is finished! I’ll probably add a little more to his current history but he’s completed!

There we go! I’m glad you said something since I didn’t even realize I hadn’t finished with that part.

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to say that it looks as though WanderLust. WanderLust. will be leaving the thread. With that being the case, we'll have a Divergent and instructor position opening up. Wolfiee Wolfiee I know you indicated your interest in Rhys becoming a Divergent, does that still stand?

Wolfiee Wolfiee Then it's all yours! I only ask that you edit Rhys's form sometime in the next few days to reflect his Divergent status. Be sure to include which factions he tested for, how they manifest in his personality, how he came to know about his Divergence (if he does), and how he responds to it.

Hello hello! I finally finished the first book so I could join in on this lovely thread! Would it be alright if I took up that last instructor slot, as well as an initiate?

• tati-gabrielle.gif

Full Name: Valentina Eris Branwen
    Name Meaning: Latin for strong/healthy, the Greek god of discord, Celtic for blessed raven
    Nicknames: Val, Tina (by her younger sister)
    Birthday: October 25 - Scorpio
    965d55ba72ee53bae7b0beeaebb451ab.gif

Previous Faction: Dauntless
    Aptitude Test Result: Dauntless

Appearance: The first thing most notice about Val is her serious RBF, making her seem unapproachable at first. She's quick to smile, though it doesn't quite reach her eyes for just anyone. Beneath the hood and shawl she normally parades around the compound in are broad shoulders and well formed muscles. She's a sturdy looking gal who can weather a storm, so to speak. Her hair is kept in neat dreadlocks, some of which are dyed white to symbolize various aspects of her life. One is dedicated to the last round of initiates she's trained, two are dedicated to her siblings, and the last is a reminder that she ranked top 3 during her time as an initiate. She has a rather soft face despite how rigid the rest of her is, the last piece of the child she once was. Her dark brown eyes almost look black when surrounded by the dark makeup common among the Dauntless. If looks could kill, her glares might disintegrate those stupid enough to try getting under her skin.
    Scent: Mint with a faint trace of vanilla
    Height/Weight: 5'7, 148 lbs
    Body Modifications: A nose ring on her left nostril, each ear is pierced 4 times (2 in the lobe and an industrial piercing), a tongue piercing, a tattoo on her left hand, right hand, left forearm, and three in a line down her spine.
    Physical Disabilities: None
    Faceclaim: Tati Gabrielle

tumblr_p27j8u8g8r1vekeqyo5_r1_500.gifv

Personality: Val is quick to act. The enemy can't have a chance to get the jump on her if she doesn't give them one. Punch first and the questions will come after. Planning ahead is rarely on her mind, but she's resourceful enough to make that work for her. There won't always be a net when you need to jump, not every jump out of the train will be pre-planned. Her higher ups can worry about the logistics. She knows her limits and what she's good at. She isn't always up to socializing, but when she is it's sure to be a good time. High energy and always ready for the next rush of adrenaline, Val enjoys diving head first into the future with her friends. She feels unstoppable with them, not to say she flounders on her own. She's always more "in her zone" surrounded by her family, the members of her faction. She enjoys making her friends laugh and scaring them, anything to get a rise out of them in the best ways possible. She sees no shame in sharing burdens of the heart, so long as it doesn't get in the way of safety and doing what's needed. Out in the field, she expects nothing less than being able to trust her peers to pull their own weight.

Like anyone else born in Dauntless, she's used to following impulsive decisions. Anyone who questions her on it gets left in the dust. She hates to sit still for too long and prefers to have something to do at any time of the day. Some might call her a workaholic, maybe even a busy body, but anything she does is normally a distraction from the weight on her mind. It's why she knew she'd never be able to work the fence or follow after one of their leaders. Too much waiting around involved. She's as dependable as they come though and her number one priority is maintaining that idea. She never promises perfection, but you'll never get less than her all. She tends to be pretty hard on herself, blaming things going wrong on the slightest possibility she's failed without even knowing it. She knows very well that it's a stupid feeling to have, and yet she can never manage to convince herself of that in the moment. She can be surprisingly sentimental and will remember most of what you tell her, despite seeming like she might not be listening. All she really wants are her friends and to experience everything life has to offer her, consequences be damned.
    Positive Traits: Reliable, sociable, strong willed, decisive, humble, efficient, trusting, firm in her beliefs, flexible.
    Negative Traits: Impulsive, defensive, superstitious, impatient, self-critical, over worked.
    Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
    MBTI: ESTP
    Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
    Temperment: Melancholy-Choleric

3f18661752101ae8b4f7826288f2ec62ebe9d401.gifv

Likes: Chocolate, heights, running, rainy days, knife throwing, braiding hair, stretching, being barefoot in grass, climbing, ghost stories, cracking her knuckles/neck, doing makeup for others, mindless tasks, putting people in their place when needed, fresh baked bread, comfy clothes.
    Dislikes: Isolation, being doubted by others, failing people, feeling out of control, water that goes over her head, being woken up, the taste of alcohol, sleeping on the ground, being restrained, being a middle man in fights, being told to calm down.
    Habits: Val pops her knuckles when she's upset or angry. She clenches and unclenches her jaw while thinking. She scratches her neck and arms when nervous.
    Fears: Drowning, being stranded, being buried alive, forests at night, medical needles (specifically getting stuck in her), octopi, being forgotten.
    Hobbies: Knife twirling, climbing whatever she can, watching people get tattoos (she likes watching the process), origami, telling ghost stories, walking on her hands, picking up/carrying her friends, patching clothes.
    Mental Disorders: General Anxiety, Depression

Family:

Andrea Branwen - Mother - Dauntless
    Nelson Branwen - Father - Dauntless (Previously Candor)
    Sean Branwen - Older Brother - Deceased - Dauntless
    Lysethia Branwen - Younger Sister - Dauntless

Brief History (TW: Suicide)

Val grew up knowing where she would end up, and she assumed her brother did as well. Despite getting Erudite on his Aptitude Test, he chose to stay in Dauntless because he couldn't brave leaving what he'd always known. He made it through the first phase of initiation no problem, but the second stage proved to be too much for him to handle. The simulations were taxing on him, to be sure, but nothing proved to be more overbearing than his ranking. Had he been wrong? Yes. Yes he had. He wasn't cut out for this life, he never had been. Rather than disappoint his family and wind up factionless, he threw himself into chasm after a particularly upsetting simulation. For the first time, Val started to notice those around her struggling. It took her brother's death to open her eyes to how unhappy some of her loved ones were. She promised herself she'd never ignore those signs again. Four years later, she came to understand why Sean had felt so helpless after experiencing the simulations for herself. She went on to rank third in her initiating class, succeeding where her brother had failed. She now awaits the day her sister goes through her Choosing Ceremony, and hopes she'll have the strength to chose her happiness.

b22ad3c7c33ac1ea71a2485d9d5dcf07.gif

Sexuality: Panromantic/Sexual
    Relationship Status: Single
    Crush: Bloom
    Past Partners: She had a thing with another Dauntless born initiate in the same year as her, but he wound up being a controlling a-hole. She dumped him swiftly.
    Turn Ons: Mental strength, a cute face, pinchable cheeks, a realist, a solid butt. Scars are a plus but definitely not necessary.
    Turn Offs: Anyone controlling, dull minded, no sense of adventure, being humorless.
    Dominant or Submissive: Dominant

Playlist:

DaChaoticWriter DaChaoticWriter Your characters look so awesome, accepted! I love Val's tarot card tattoos, those are badass as hell. Anyway, please feel free to join us on the plotting thread, the link to which is on the first post!

Working on form will have it added once it’s finished!

Last edited:
Interested! Instructor position has my interest piqued too~
Will hopefully be able to work on some forms ASAP :P Excited to scratch my creative itch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back