• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // adv. apps (open!!)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Okay, to everyone who has not tracked or posted here yet, this thread is closed for now, so sorry! It may or may not reopen in the future. I will only be accepting forms from @Nornslayer Goldie. Goldie. and @arthur morgan. because we don't have enough instructors to accommodate a whole bunch more initiates.

...Unless would one of you three aforementioned guys like to create an instructor character? ;) Norn, if you want, your tattoo artist can be old enough for Cards Against Humanity, do you hear?!?!

I would love to make an instructor character! I was actually aiming for it haha

yeah so given recent events, I will be pulling my form and no longer joining this thread. I was super excited about it but after seeing how my good friend on here was treated in regards to people talking behind her back and her getting banned as a result, I do not feel comfortable joining anymore. hope to see some of you in the future, hope you understand.

I second Sugar. It’s disappointing to see people talk poorly of others behind their back instead of just coming forward with it. Knowing that this thread has people willing to talk badly of others makes me far too uncomfortable to consider staying. I hope that most of you have fun with this thread and that I will see you again in the future!

Please don't slander my RPers. But I respect your decision and wish you well. I apologize for my role in this misunderstanding, and I truly regret not being able to RP with you guys, because you all look like brilliant writers. I hope that there will be no hard feelings between us going forward.

minutiae minutiae I'm so sorry, but I don't want to accept any new RPers at this time. However, if I do reopen the thread, I will let you know immediately.

Last edited:
I almost forgot poor Jax!

original.jpg

Full Name:

•Jaxom Blackwood

Name Meaning:
•No real meaning for either of them.

Nicknames:
•Jax

Birthdate:
•May 7

•transfer initiate

Previous Faction:
•Candor

Aptitude Test Result:
•Dauntless

90bcf6303f0dc19fdf4e8df41ad41aff.jpg

Appearance:

• He considers him self to rival Adonis. Jaxom is an attractive individual with ink black hair and pale grey eyes. He is very tall with a slimmer build yet he’s solid muscle. The parts of his body that aren’t covered in tattoos is a milky white color unblemished by any scars currently and surprisingly. When he’s in a happy or just a regular mood his hair is often slicked back out of the way. When he’s frustrated or angry his hair is disheveled usually the longer bits hang over his eyes. He keeps his hair shorter on the sides and back while a bit longer on top. When not slicked back the hair on top and in front can reach down to the bridge of his nose. He has angular eyebrows and well defined facial features. The piercing he has are small enough to not be easily seen unless you are closer to him.

Height & Weight:
•He stands at a solid 6’3” and about 260lbs of pure muscle mass.

Body Modifications:

•Oh my let me tell you almost his entire body is covered in tattoos. He also has his ears and nose pierced. Every single tattoo he has are meaningful to him. I’m not going to list all of them but ones that are worth mentioning. On his throat the flower represents that everyone can blossom in this society.

Physical Disabilities:

•He is partially deaf in his left ear. So if you are on his left side you’d have to speak at a louder volume.

Faceclaim:
•Stephen James

2a1bd9cda3553b7748870a08be10df7e--stephen-james-model-james-darcy.jpg

Personality:

• Ah it’s kind hard to describe how this man is. His personality has been known to change throughout the day. Though he’s never cruel when he speaks what he means he might be tactless but not cruel. However that’s not to say he can’t be venomous when in a bad mood you provoke him to much and you’ll either be met with a fist or works that cut like thorns. Jaxom is usually in a pleasant mood a more calm air about him he’s an observer so he’s more quiet then loud. He likes to watch and asses the situations at hand before acting upon them. However sadly he’s a bit paranoid and sometimes will lash out or hide away thinking someone is out to get him. It comes and goes like a storm when the paranoia creeps in. Though he prides himself on his looks he can be envious of another’s appearance but mainly they attitudes. He thinks he lacks many social skills and there for is very envious of others. Once his friend though he can be a helluva guy one for fun, games, and light flirting. He’s very protective of those he considers friends and would do anything for them.

Positive Traits:
•Alert, Clean, Considerate, Clever, Educated, Curious, Flexible, Imaginative, Perceptive, Tolerant

Negative Traits:

•Aloof, Cautious, Critical, Envious, Insecure, Paranoid, Vague, Venomous, Steely, Reactive

Hogwarts House:

•Ravenclaw

MBTI Type:

•ESTP

eeab2b5708d9fb0f796d5903bcc73e79.jpg

•Tattoos, dogs, hoodies, running, leather jackets, playing around with others, observing things, learning, painting

Dislikes:
•Having his thoughts interrupted, having his art messed with, birds, pure blue skies, wet clothes, sudden rain, the smell of pine

Habits:
•Brushing his hair into his face when irritated, scowling at others without meaning to, playing with one of his earrings, cracking his knuckles

Fears:

•Letting others down. He can’t stand failure mainly he can’t stand when he himself fails.
•He has a fear of large bodies of water. He can swim just fine however he has a fear that there is something within that will drag him down to a watery grave.
•Birds he has a fear of birds. He thinks the little things can and would kill you if they could.
•Small tight places. He can only be in a small dark place for so long. He also can’t stand being in a room with very large crowds.
•Seeing through stairs, you know the kind that allows you to see the ground in-between each step. It makes him feel like he will slip through or something will grab him.
•Has a fear of spiders.

Hobbies:

•Getting tattoos xD, caring for flowers, reading, working out, running

Mental Disorders:

•Paranoia, bipolar disorder

Family:

•Aaron Blackwood(Father-Alive-Candor)

•Jasmine Blackwood(Mother-Alive-Candor)

•Jess Blackwood(Middle child - younger then Jaxom - Alive - Undetermined/More then likely Candor)
•Bastian(Youngest child - baby of the group - Alive - Undetermined/More then likely Candor)

Backstory:

•There is no tragic back story for this young man. He’s grown up where he’s always been honest about anything eh feels. His parents doing the same helped him to learn of his flaws and things that are discouraged. He adores his younger siblings however he’s noticed that a different feeling has blossomed in him. Once he was older he realized he wanted to protect them the truth is important to him. However he wants to be able to protect his younger siblings from anything that may harm them. So when it was his time to be tested he choose Dauntless wanting to learn combat and the way they worked. He’s been training hard ever since transferring wanting to hone his skills that he lacks due to being born in the candor section.

Sexuality:
•Bisexual

Relationship Status:
•He is currently single he’s not exactly looking, but he’s not opposed to some romance.

Crush(es):

•Wouldn’t you like to know ;)

Past Partners:

•Several only one important one but she left him for someone else.

Turn-Ons:

•Blonde or red hair, shorter then him, playful, not easily offended, though in all honesty he doesn’t have a type. He can feel passion or hate for anyone no matter their appearance or personality. Just because he may be turned on by someone doesn’t mean he connects emotionally or mentally. So his turn on will and can change at any given moment.

Turn-Offs: Aggressive for no reason, can’t take a joke, always trying to act special, Though like with his turn ons these can change at random. There’s certain things that bother him at times but not always. The mood often changes depending on if he gets to know a person.

Stats-

Guns:3 his disability makes using guns harder. Some guns leave a ringing in the ears. With him already being partially deaf this give him a disadvantage.

Knives:7

Hand-to-hand:6

Playlist:

- Flawed design by Stabilo

- My Name by Shinedown

- For the Glory by All Good Things

- Black Sky by Arrows to Athens

- Rise by Katy Perry

Tracking! I'll get up an application by tomorrow hopefully! If not then more than likely tonight.

UHHHHHHH HI
don't mind me just sneaky sneking a wip dauntless gal in here
i'll have her done soooooon i just have a lot of CS to finish aha

Rhiannon

Full Name: Rhiannon Greenway
Name Meaning: answer
Nicknames: answer
Birthdate: answer

Previous Faction: Dauntless
Aptitude Test Result: Dauntless

Appearance: answer
Scent: answer
Height & Weight: answer
Body Modifications: answer
Physical Disabilities: answer
Faceclaim: Ivana Baquero

Personality: answer
Positive Traits: answer
Negative Traits: answer
Hogwarts House: answer
MBTI Type: answer
Moral Alignment: answer

Dislikes: answer
Habits: answer
Fears: answer
Hobbies: answer
Mental Disorders: answer

Family: answer
Backstory: answer

Sexuality: answer
Relationship Status: answer
Crush(es): answer
Past Partners: answer
Turn-Ons: answer
Turn-Offs: answer
Dominant or Submissive: answer

Playlist:
- as many as you’d like
- answer
- answer
- answer
- answer

coded by weldherwings.

I'll finish Nero later today or tomorrow but would it be alright if I made a second male if not that's totally fine!

nero connell
    full name
    nero thayer connell
    name meaning
    nero means "strong one" ; thayer means "rebel" ; connell means "strong wolf"
    nicknames
    neo, ro, oreo, zero
    birthdate
    april 23rd
    rank
    initiate
    previous faction
    abnegation
    aptitude test result
    abnegation
    appearance.

detailed description goes here

scent: rain water & fresh peaches.
    height + weight: nero stands at six foot two (6'2) while weighing ninety-seven pounds (97 lbs).
    body modifications: answer
    physical disabilities: answer
    faceclaim: kim donghyun (commonly known for being in mxm & absix).
    personality.

detailed personality here.

positive traits: kind, gentle, observant, intelligent, protective, hilarious, attentive, flexible, selfless, cooperative, patient, trustworthy.
    negative traits: skittish, stubborn, sarcastic, sensitive, reckless, awkward, shy, forgiving, foolish, timid, self-critical.
    hogwarts house: gryffindor & hufflepuff.
    mbti type: answer
    moral alignment: chaotic good.

likes: horror movies (although he tends to scare easily), loves large dogs (hates smaller dogs with a passion), anything relating to mythology, peaches for life, anything history related is right up his alley, animals all the way, learning, wolves happen to be his favorite, running, having some kind of weapon on his persona,
    dislikes: center of attention, isn't the best at public speaking but does now how to throw down, loud sounds scare the shit out of him, yelling is a big trigger, seeing/watching others getting hurt, people seeing through his thought-out lies, being forced to do something
    habits: answer
    fears: answer
    hobbies: drawing (mostly rough sketches and doodles but he's been known to water paint, learning languages (native language is Korean while his secondary and third are English and American sign language), vast knowledge in facts (when he's nervous or lost in thought he'll start rambling a list of facts), reading myths and legends,
    mental disorders: nero has a multitude of disorders ranging from chronic depression, severe anxiety, and anorexia.
code by @Nano

Last edited:
blue tea blue tea Nero's form looks beautiful so far! Since I had one other RPer who was thinking of joining and there's only one initiate slot left, let's wait a few days to see if they do join, but if not the last slot is yours.

Aviator Aviator aaaah I've accidentally managed to sign myself up for one too many threads than I can handle. I'm gonna have to back out of this one for the moment!!

Full Name: Gertrude "True" Gonzalez

Name Meaning: Gertrude means "spear" or "strength" in the Germanic language. She detests her name and often comments that it sounds like a cat vomiting.

Nicknames: "True" or "Tru" - it is the middle part of her rather undesirable birth name.

Birthdate: October 17

Previous Faction: N/A

Aptitude Test Result: Dauntless; despite having absolutely no real "traditional" Dauntless characteristics, she thinks she obtained this results because she makes a lot of reckless irrational choices that just seem, well, cool at the time.

Appearance: True is not conventionally attractive and has a rather boyish look, but her appearance does have its charms. With squarish features and a sturdy but wiry figure, she is stronger than she looks - and twice as slow. She has a narrow nose, deep-set eyes with a dark, feline quality, and thin lips. Her ears stick out a lot from her head in an almost endearing manner, but they are usually veiled by a matted bushel of unruly brown hair trimmed close to her scalp. Her body is covered in scars and bruises; not from combat, but mainly out of pure clusiness and careless behavior. Her fingers are usually tied together and sprained. Her most notable scar is a horizontal one that runs from the bottom of her nose to her lower lip. She got it from slamming a glass bottle too hard down on a table after laughing. The splinters of shatered glass cut her lip.

Height & Weight: 5'1, 132 lbs

Body Modifications: None

Physical Disabilities: Her left leg is missing from the knee down due to an infection involving a birth complication. It doesn't affect her too much in her daily life, but in situations of extreme athletics it can definitely slow her down quite a bit and cause her to lose control.

Faceclaim: Ellen Page

Personality: True is extraordinarily and inexplicably... stupid. She has a powerful moral compass which has convinced her that her responsibility is defending the weak from harm. When True sets her mind to something, she will work her hardest to accomplish it, no matter what the stakes are. Daring but ill-composed, she can be standoffish to those who she disagrees with, but will desperately latch onto anyone who is her friend. She is eager to maintain a "distant and cool" outlook which is a quite transparent facade for anyone with half a brain cell. She has some anger management issues, dysgraphia, and a learning disability that makes it difficult for her to comprehend some complex ideas. Due to these issues she often gets incredibly frustrated with herself and tends to take it out on others as a result.

Even if she's not the brightest, she knows exactly who she is and what she wants, and even when she begins to doubt herself she will never change her mind. True lives from moment to moment, and never lets a minute slip her by. She will also never back down from a bet, so she is a bit of a daredevil in that respect. She’s generally unafraid of those in authority figures and thus she can seem disrespectful even when she isn’t trying to be. She strongly values her pride and independence, and she doesn’t like to rely on others or she will start to feel weak. In a way, she is only trying to guard her sensitive heart, so she puts up a tough front to avoid being called a crybaby. She has a sarcastic and dark sense of humor and she tends to appear moody or angsty to others because of it.

Positive Traits: Humorous, empathetic, good-natured, determined, adaptable, independent, and bold.

Negative Traits: Unintelligent, stubborn, reckless, clumsy, sensitive, moody, temperamental, rude, and clingy.

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

MBTI Type: ENFP

Likes: She loves water and rain, and most especially boats. She's not sure where, but she recalls distant, vague memories of boats from her childhood. She likes playing in snow and ice, and any kind of weather is good weather for her.

Dislikes: She hates reading and multi-step instructions. They easily confuse her and make her frustrated. She also dislikes inefficiency and inconvenience because she can quickly get impatient.

Habits: She picks at her fingernails a lot until her hangnails bleed. She has a habit of whistling when she gets bored, too.

Fears: 1. She has a huge fear of horses or other animals bigger than a medium-sized dog.

2. She’s afraid of open water, or just the general feeing of helplessness that accompanies it.

3. She has a crushing fear that she will forget someone important in her life and will lose them because of it.

4. She’s afraid of birds, moreso larger ones like gills, crows or hawks.

Hobbies: She's pretty bad at drawing but enjoys doing it anyway. She also enjoys gambling and simple, competitive games.

Mental Disorders: Poor anger management, dysgraphia, and short-term memory.

Family: She doesn't know her biological family.

Backstory: She can't remember much of her early life, but she could be considered a bit of a blank slate. Young and impressionable, she was raised in Dauntless by an older man named Chev Gonzalez. Taking her under his wing, he struggled to teach her basic domestic skills in order for her to become independent on her own. Over time, she gradually learned how to take care of herself. Chev, in his middle age and becoming increasingly frustrated with True's forgetfulness and blatantly rebellious attitude, often cast her out and allowed her to experience the world for herself. While it didn't affect her positive and humorous outlook on life, this repeated abandonment did wear down on her confidence and caused her to doubt her own skills. One night, after Chev cast her out following a brief feud between the two over some mundane task, she returned to find that he was gone. He never returned after that, and she remains there, still awaiting his return.

Sexuality: Bisexual

Relationship Status: She has never been in a relationship, but she has just begun to be interested in one.

Crush(es): None thus far.

Past Partners: None.

Turn-Ons: She likes people with nice, strong hands and faithful, playful attitudes.

Turn-Offs: Overly-mocking, sarcastic, or cold people.

Playlist:

- Egg And Soldiers by Cosmo Sheldrake

- Psychoplasm by Ghoul

- Killing Time and Space by Nekrogoblikon

- No Excuses by Alice in Chains

- The Great Shipwreck of Life by IAMX

Statistics:

Guns: 4

Knives: 1

Hand-to-hand: 10

Thanks! Excited to be back. I'll start on a post right away probably, I'm just super eager to jump back in!

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Now that Randi is our third Divergent, if you could just update her form to reflect that sometime, that would be great! You don't have to do it immediately and you shouldn't have to make any major changes; just be sure to mention which factions she tested for and how her Divergent status fits into her history. Thank you in advance!

do I need a recap prior to making a CS or not really (for the background/history portion)?

Chimeric Chimeric Mm, I don't think a recap is necessary just for the creation of a form (unless of course you want to create a shared history with any of the preexisting characters), but we'll definitely have one available to you when you're ready to jump into the RP. In fact, if you want, there's an updated recap on the plot thread, and I'll attach that here for you if you want to read it before making a form, but beware it's pretty long lol. All you should really know is that right now we're in Phase Two of initiation, which focuses on fear simulations, but occasionally the initiates will do review exercises from Phase One, which was all physical combat. A lot of RPers end their characters' background with their reaction to their aptitude test results and their justification for choosing Dauntless.

Yesterday in the RP...
Ghost and Randi dueled each other in a simulated environment, kinda like a virtual reality where they try to kill each other. Afterward, the two of them went to get coffee together, where they were surprised to encounter Alex Young, Leah's devious brother from Erudite, when he abruptly sat down at their table. Unbeknownst to Randi, Alex is there on his father's behalf to check in with Ghost and ensure that he is doing his job surveying the initiates for possible Divergents. Perceiving Alex's arrival as a threat (he and Ghost have a long and unpleasant history), Ghost "accidentally" spills coffee on him so that the two of them have an excuse to escape Randi. But Randi is catching on to Alex and Ghost's existing relationship and knows that something is off. When the two boys are alone together, Ghost offers to take Alex on a tour of the initiates' part of the compound. Then they arrive at one of the testing rooms where the initiates conduct their fear simulations, and Ghost surprises Alex by suddenly injecting him with fear serum.

Dante and Fable, who have been friends ever since the beginning of initiation, were recently commiserating about the turmoil they each feel in the wake of their fear simulations. As a way to cool down from the tension of their training, the two of them climb to the top of the compound roof and engage in a race across various nearby roofs. Their contest comes to an end when Dante slips while leaping between rooftops and very nearly falls to his death. While nothing explicitly romantic has occurred between them yet, it appears as though their growing relationship might be heading in that direction.

A little while ago, Aubrey was approached by the head of Dauntless security, Jeremy Daniels (who unbeknownst to her is her half sister Charlie's biological and very abusive father), and he informed her that her mother and sister are being abused by an unknown suspect. However, Charlie and Sasha refuse to disclose their assailant's identity, and so Jeremy has tasked Aubrey with discovering who's behind it. After getting tattoos with Finn, Aubrey approaches her best friend about her new mission, and how Jeremy promised to promote her to leadership if she succeeds. Together the two of them come up with a plan to discreetly observe Charlie over the next few days and see if she interacts with anyone who could possibly be the culprit. Right now, Aubrey and Finn have arrived at Aubrey's house with intent to search Charlie's room while she's not there and hopefully uncover some clues.

After an arduous day of training, Bella and Night have recently made one another's acquaintance. Both of them feel somewhat like misfits in their new faction, having belonged to Amity and Abnegation respectively prior to the Choosing Ceremony. Neither of them has a whole lot of confidants at the moment, so they make a pact to be friends and not let the trials of initiation pull them apart. Bella and Night leave the compound, walking around and exploring the city, reminiscing about the changes between their old lives and their new ones. While nothing romantic has occurred between them yet, it looks as though a future flirtation may be a possibility.

Blair has recently been making some startling self discoveries. It appears as though she has gained a shocking new ability to move objects with her mind, which may or may not have something to do with a mysterious drug she indirectly obtained from her boyfriend, Chris. After being courted by an unexpected ally with a plan to utilize her ability to fight back against the corrupt faction system, she is unsure what to think or who to trust... especially now that the aforementioned ally is in possession of the dark secret of her Divergent status. Currently, Blair is trying to destress by going to lunch with Thorn, a Dauntless-born initiate with whom she has had limited past interactions, and the two of them are chatting amiably about his hobby of metal and woodcarving.

Poppy has confided in Maverick the full weight of her inner turbulence; not only is she struggling to manage her romantic feelings toward him, but her long-lost father recently reached out to her requesting a meeting. Poppy agreed to the meeting, but she wonders whether her decision is a wise one, since her father had originally disappeared after being named the main suspect of her mother's murder. Maverick tries to dissuade her from the meeting, but he fails to change her mind. Additionally, he and Poppy discuss yesterday's incident of a kiss between them. Maverick is unsure whether he reciprocates his long-time friend's affection, since he is also partially attracted to Bella. However, as an instructor, he knows that a relationship with either initiate is forbidden and could land him in a world of trouble if word gets out. Leaving Poppy with a noncommittal promise to sort out his feelings for both girls, he goes to locate Bella to lay some boundaries in their friendship and apologize for any previously uncouth behavior toward her.

Last but not least, Charlie was going on a jog throughout the compound when she literally ran into Jaxom. With nothing better to do and nowhere to go, the two of them engage in conversation about Jaxom's life in his previous faction, Candor. Jaxom tells her about his family and how he dearly misses them. What he does not bring up, however, are the various bruises he notices littering Charlie's body. Charlie regularly neglects self care, and when she shivers from cold, Jaxom slides his jacket around her shoulders. Charlie appreciates the gesture and can't help but reflect on the muddled state of her sort-of relationship with her current romantic interest, and how Jaxom seems comparatively more attuned to her needs and emotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back