Divergence in Destiny (Star Wars RP)

Korriban

"Eek Mekzursat." Eek responded, as Costa blocked his strike, then dodging his second. Maybe it was time to stop experimenting, and getting serious. Eek was nearly jabbed by the initial thrust of Costa's saber, which he narrowly avoided by quickly leaning back. Still in a crouched position, he slid his forward leg backwards behind him, in a sweeping motion, oddly like a injured creature that was afraid.

"Your dueling skills are commendable. I find it hard to believe that you've been trained this well in the period of time I've known of your existence," Eek praised Costa, rolling backwards to avoid the fury of jabs that Costa had delivered. His style was non-lethal so far, but he would expect that from him, as the way he had fought the other Acolytes so far hadn't killed any of them. "I say, I'm surprised you aren't using Juyo. I'm also surprised that you seem to have a natural talent fighting with a saber. It's a quality most don't have." Eek added on to his previous statement. Something in Costa's face told him that maybe something was off. He decided to leave it alone for now. Eek thrust out his hand, outstretching his fingers as tendrils of lightning burst forth from his finger-tips, sending a torrent of the zig-zagging energy towards Costa. Eek mulled over the forms that he possessed. Shii Cho wasn't a form to Eek's standards. It was simply something to establish how to use a lightsaber, and not something to fight with. So far, that had been the only form that he'd used so far. He may not use all of them before it was over, but he could try to see Costa would react to sudden changes. Maybe he could utilize Djem So to crush through his defense...

@TommyGun15
@folclor

Korriban 

Costa's eyes widened as the force lightning shot towards him.  He wasn't a master of the force, but he had an idea that he was pretty sure he had enough strength to pull off.  He met the lightning with an outstretched hand, using the force to gather it in his plam.  Though it was one of the most well known dark side powers, when you got down to it force lighting was nothing more than electricity, and someone skilled enough in the force could manipulate it.  Costa grit his teeth, the electricity surging through his hand causing rather intense pain.  His arm was shaking, the muscles spamming from holding in the concentrated energy.  "You're pretty good yourself..."  he said, his voice coming out as a growl.

Then Costa dashed forward, using the force to increase his speed.  He swung his weapon hard, utilizing a variant of the Niman-style pushing slash technique as he used his blade to attempt to knock aside Eek's guard.  Then he reached out, and fired the bolt of concentrated electricity straight into Eek's chest, which would hopefully not be instantly fatal.  As soon as he released the electricity, Costa leapt back again, adopting a one-handed defensive stance.  His left arm hung at his side, the slightly blackened hand still twitching slightly.  The pain was gone, but he suspected that was more a product of damaged nerve endings than a lack of injury.  He'd have to seek medical attention when this was over.

@Fumes @folclor

Last edited by a moderator:
Korriban

Eek smiled as Costa struggled to contain his Force lightning. He thought he had won, until Costa dashed forward. He raised his saber to defend himself, but it was too late. His block was cast aside, and he took the lightning to his chest, which sent him backwards a few feet, skidding on his back. A burning sensation flared through his chest, but he could feel the Force immunity he'd built up working. The pain was there, but at least a damn hole wasn't blasted through him.

He placed his hands on the ground, slightly above his head. He put his feet into the air, and kicked up, while pushing himself off the ground into a standing position. He immediately took in the fact that he was using one hand, which would make it all the easier to crush his block with devastating power strikes. By all standards, Eek's dueling quota had been met. But, he felt a strange sensation flowing through him. Was it happiness? It couldn't be, in a time like this, a duel of all things, he couldn't be feeling it. He'd think on it later, right now, he had to finish a duel. He leaped towards Costa, once more, adrenaline coursing through him, he slammed his saber downwards, striking at his block on purpose. As he did this, he could feel some sort of fatigue. He couldn't keep this up much longer.

@TommyGun15

@folclor

Korriban

Costa's body was starting to ache, the fatigue of the fight causing his breathing to become slightly ragged.  He paused and steadied himself with a few deep breaths.  Soresu was his specialty, and if there was one thing he excelled at it was playing the long game in a fight.  That being said, he hadn't really been given a chance to rest after his fight with the acolytes earlier, and Eek was probably one of the biggest challenges he'd faced at the Sith Academy.  He had some mixed feelings about watching Eek get back up.  On one hand he was relieved he hadn’t killed the Givin, but on the other he wasn't sure how long he could keep this up.

Thankfully, Eek appeared to be trying to knock his weapon aside, using a similar tactic to the one he'd used at the beginning of the fight.  Now however, Costa knew he didn't have to hold back.  Once again he sidestepped, his body flowing like water as he spun on his feet.  But rather than aim for the hood of Eek's cloak, Costa whirled around and slashed at Eek's back.  He finished the movement in the fencing stance he'd used before, and immediately struck out with one final thrust.  He needed to finish this quickly, and because of that was being more aggressive than he usually was.

@Fumes @folclor

Korriban

Eek's first attack was dodged, as usual. He glanced to his side to see him rearing his arm to strike again. He calculated the trajectory of the swing, and quickly put his saber to his back, deflecting the strike. He got up and pivoted and swung his lightsaber with the tip facing the ground, across his chest, knocking aside the thrust. He swept his saber low in a circle like movement, eventually the saber was above his head. He'd done this to gain momentum for his next strike, while making it near impossible to hit him while he was doing it. He swung diagonally across Costa's chest. The attack was strong in quick, and you could tell just from looking at it. Djem So was a physically tasking form that focused on domination of the opponent. If he hit hard enough, and enough times, he could break through any block, as long as his body allowed it. Right after the strong, downwards swing, he swung upwards again, diagonally. It was another power strike. With this attacks, he stepped forward, getting closer in attempt to push Costa back and gain ground. If he didn't move back, he'd step on Costa's toes. Maybe with enough strength, his very strikes could push him back. Just like Darth Malgus fights - with overwhelming power strikes.

"I'm tiring, and you have somewhere to be, I assume. Let's end this. I have lore to study." Eek said in almost a scolding tone of voice, as if he was annoyed at this entire duel. He could quit now, and if he really wanted too - with a burning hated, he was almost sure that he could kill him if need be. His knowledge of the Force almost solidified it. He glanced over at his holo-book in the shady corner of the room, where nobody would even glance at the Givin before. He suddenly felt an urge to completely give up on the duel and continue reading the book. He really wanted this to be over, and he was heavily considering cheating... Just like a Sith would. On the term of Sith, it made him think of the Jedi, and how Costa oddly fought like one. Most of his attacks have been non-lethal and he was fighting like he knew self-defense as if it was second nature. It made him slightly suspicious to say the least, and the way that person was looking at Costa, what was that person's name? Kaen? They called over an overseer and told him something before leaving. Had Costa already found himself a master? A twinge of jealously tugged at his gut, and that jealousy turned to anger, which filled him with a new found strength and energy.

@TommyGun15
@folclor

Korriban

Costa instinctively took a step back as Eek swung at him, avoiding the initial power strike as he recovered his defensive stance.  He allowed Eek to push him backwards, using his blade to redirect the powerful momentum of the Givin's strikes rather than directly block.  It was perhaps a bit ironic that these power strikes were in some ways less taxing to parry than a lighter attack was to block, though Costa wasn't really in any condition to appreciate that.  Still, this was what a fighter like him wanted, his opponent tiring themselves out with a hail of powerful blows.

Costa was surprised when Eek decided to speak to him while attacking, offering to end the duel.  "I would be lying if I said you're skills weren't impressive.  I would be willing to call this duel a draw if you wish.  I believe my arm may require medical attention, though I suppose that's a bit of my own folly."  Costa watched Eek carefully, backing up to put some distance between them.  Eek said he wanted the duel to end, and while Costa wanted to believe that meant conceding to a draw, the acolyte before him didn't exactly look like he was about to stand down.  Costa watch him carefully, waiting to see what Eek would do.

@Fumes @folclor

Korriban

Eek studied Costa. Had he thought he meant he was just going to give up and call it a tie? No, no no. He was here until one of them surrendered to the other, and honestly, he was quite tired, and was heavily considering doing something that might get both him, and Costa killed. He hadn't noticed until now, but other acolytes had been staring at them. His looked behind Costa, and widened his eyes, which looked weird on his face, which was shaped like a skull. He turned off his saber, and spoke. "My lord.." 

His eyes were still trained behind Costa. He got down on both knees, sitting on his heels. He glanced at Costa, with a look that suggested that he should follow his example. He looked around the room as well, a few smirking and following his example. He knew a great deal of the acolytes in the room, many of which that owed him favors. Soon, the rest of the room caught on until it was just Costa standing. If he gave into peer pressure, like a smart person, he'd follow the same example as the rest of the room.

@TommyGun15

Korriban

Costa stood perfectly still for a moment, neither turning nor dropping his guard.  However, Eek would be able to tell that Costa was interacting with the force in some way.  He stared right at Eek, an unreadable expression on his face.  Then he darted forward, thrusting his lightsaber at Eek's shoulder.  Assuming it hit, it was nothing the kolto tanks couldn't fix.  Following his strike, Costa glared at Eek.  "Please.  Anyone with an ounce of power would be able to sense if an instructor was approaching, especially a Sith Lord.  It's the first thing an acolyte learns."  Costa didn't mention the fact that he'd seen and fallen for that trick before.  The only reason he'd bothered to check for any prescence at all was because the other acolytes had gone along with the trick.

@Fumes @folclor

Korriban

Eek, looking like he was completely unprepared, but his guard was still ready, and his nerves steely. His lightsaber hadn't been ignited, but he still held the Force strong to him. 'At least he's not completely stupid, but he's not attuned to my abilities. I wonder if he underestimates what I can do? The other acolytes laughed, already knowing the outcome - at some point, they'd all fallen for it.

Eek leaned to the left, and grabbed Costa's wrist. Using the momentum of his thrust, he pulled Costa towards him, getting up on his knee and spinning. He placed Costa's elbow on his own shoulder, still following through, he flipped Costa over his shoulder. He'd never done it so close to the ground, and he calculated if he'd be able to land on his feet based on Costa's and his own height, as well as the amount of force being used to to slam him. Unless he had rocket boots, he wouldn't - at least shouldn't be able to land on his feet. With his saber-wielding hand, he ignited the lightsaber, keeping the tip pointed towards Costa all the way through the slam, as if he still posed a threat while being tossed. Eek almost smiled with the satisfaction of his own cleverness. He knew that if he fell for the initial trick, he could pin him with his saber, and if he attacked, the outcome would be nearly the same as what he was doing now.
[Made Edit of Wrist throw]
@TommyGun15
@folclor
@HK Fifty

Hyperspace

@shadowstrikr25

Sanguina sighed at the lack of response and turned to stare at the lights shooting by. "It isn't nice, you know. When I'm all alone here and everybody likes her better... You probably want me to die, just like Daddy does. Maybe I should look for a new daddy... But I found a new mommy and she left." The girl grew sad. "And you'll just do what Daddy says. You're his student now, which means you have to listen. So you'll try to kill me, too, now. If I had legs I would walk away. If go somewhere I could be happy."

Korriban

@TommyGun15 @Fumes

Kaen was getting bored with waiting so she returned to see what was taking so long. Oh. A fight with another acolyte. This one seemed fun, too. She considered her options, then walked calmly down to the training area. The acolytes who noticed her quickly fell into a kneel, but she was hardly paying attention. No, she stepped in, close to the two duelists, and quickly lifted both into the air with Force chokes. The Sith Pureblood grinned as she watched them. This was less punishment and more amusement. Both would face her apprentice. Hopefully they would tide Ceth over while they searched for the brat.

Korriban

Costa was surprised by the maneuver, but he kept himself from panicking as he found himself thrown to the floor.  As he went through the air, he wrapped his free arm as best he could around Eek's neck.  He grip wasn't the strongest, but it would suffice for what he had planned.  As he hit the ground, Eek's lightsaber pointed at his chest, Costa deactivated his own lightsaber.  He pointed the end of the hilt towards the shoulder of the arm Eek was using to hold his saber, and was about to ignite his own weapon when he found himself lifted into the air.

And now there was a Sith Lord here.  Costa tightened the muscles in his neck, trying to force enough space for him to maintain semi-steady breathing through his nose.  He stared at the Sith, wondering what she wanted with them.  Perhaps his was a training exercise?  Perhaps this was just a Sith taking idle amusement in torturing two students?  As he waited for her to say something, Costa held his lightsaber tightly in his hand.  His other hand, still blackened from catching force lightning, hung at his side.

@folclor @Fumes

Korriban

Eek could feel Costa trying to keep his feelings suppressed, just for a moment. He cracked a smile. In the middle of the flip, Eek was surprised when he grabbed and bound to Costa by his arm. He realized what he was going to do when he hit the ground. The end of his saber was pointed at his wielding hand. If this had went on any longer, either one of them would've had to go to the medical wing. He was willing to call it a tie at this moment, but then he didn't realize the Sith Lord entering the room.

He glanced up just long enough to see other acolytes kneeling before a weight formed in his throat. It was weak at first, but with every breathe, the weight grew. It was like something was strangling him, making his breaths labored. Then he couldn't breathe at all, only pained and labored, short-lived gasps provided him with something to breathe. He hadn't noticed until now, but he was rising off the ground, his feet dangling. He realized Costa was also doing the same as Eek. 'What have we done to deserve this?' He thought. It wasn't fair how the higher ranks could just torment the acolytes without getting any punishment.'Respect your higher ups until you can kill them.'. He deactivated his lightsaber, both of his hands coming up to his throat, as if to pry away the very Force that was choking him. He shoul've ended the fight with a tie earlier.

@folclor
@TommyGun15

Korriban

@TommyGun15 @Fumes

Good.  She'd gotten their attention.  With a grin, she dropped the two.  "You've put on quite a spectacle here.  You'll both come with me."  Kaen turned, intending to leave the training room.  She wanted the boys to follow.  Of course, their frustration, near panic, and the life slipping out of them was amusing, but she wanted to do something nice for her apprentice for once and killing the two wouldn't be very good.  No, she would take the boys, give them some tasks, and when Ceth was healed... he would fight them.

Korriban

Eek gasped as the Darth released their grip on him, falling onto his knees. He hadn't even had a formal conversation with her and he already loathed the pureblood. The sadistic Darth calling upon them could mean multiple things. She was either going to prepare them for some sort of fight, use him so she could gain more power, or she was going to punish them for whatever wrong doing either one of them had committed. Eek only had one offense of killing another acolyte in one of the tombs on Korriban. No witnesses means no rules.

Eek looked at Costa, finally catching his breath. If she was looking for an apprentice, she'd no doubt make them fight each other. He nodded at Costa, and pushed himself off the ground and took a large breathe, as if it was foreign to him. Eek jogged over to a corner to grab his holo-book. He stuffed it into his robe before exiting the room again. He jogged to catch up with the pureblood. He stopped about a two feet behind her, and kept that distance. After the fight with Costa, the adrenaline had worn off and his body felt terrible, like it would just give up on walking any moment and he'd just collapse. He didn't know how Lord Zash's apprentice ran around doing things without even having to rest. Same with Darth Baras'. But both of their apprentices were prodigies, and were doing amazing things. Oh how many people Eek would kill to be one of them.

@folclor
@TommyGun15 

Korriban 

Costa managed to land on his feet, falling into step behind the Sith.  He trailed slightly further back than Eek so that he could keep both of them in sight.  His muscles were aching like he'd been running for hours, but at the moment he had bigger things to worry about.  On one hand, this Sith might be looking for an apprentice, in which case this was a golden opportunity.  The chance to spy on one of the Sith Lord's, and possibly gain a position of influence among the Sith, was a great asset to his mission.  On the other hand, the Sith woman might just be toying with them, in which case he needed to keep his guard up.  At the very least, the fact that Eek was asked to come along meant that the Sith hadn't figured him out, but then again she might've brought the acolyte along for the sole purpose of diverting his suspicions.  He would have to wait, and see how this panned out.

@folclor @Fumes

HYPERSPACE - EN ROUTE TO HOTH

@folclor

Zerek listened to Sanguina drone on about how both he and Delrick hated her and wanted her dead. He groaned not only because she also thought he was going to kill her, but that Delrick would kill her too. "OK, I'll repeat, I don't have any reason to kill you! You're something I'd rather not have to deal with, but I can't kill you without killing Why'nn. Reminder, can't do that or Delrick will literally hunt me down and murder me!" He rested his head in his right hand, irritated. "And if Delrick tries to make me do something I don't want to do, I'll say no. I don't have to obey his every word just because he's teaching me a few things." He was fairly certain Delrick wasn't like his previous master, but he still had his own morals that may not be shared.

------

KORRIBAN

Ceth was lying down in an infirmary bed after his bones had been set and placed in casts. He had only been here a few hours tops and already he felt like this was the absolute worst punishment his master could inflict. Not breaking his bones, but forcing him to do nothing while they healed. He wanted to fight, read, do something. But his tablet had been destroyed, his right hand and shin broken, and there was nothing he could do to alleviate his boredom. Then, a blue-skinned Twi'lek girl walked in. He could tell she wasn't a slave, her clothes weren't dirty enough, and she held herself with pride. What's worse, she made a beeline directly towards him and decided he needed her company. His off-hand griped his saber hilt tighter. The Twi'lek laughed at his paranoia. "Oh relax, I'm not going to steal yours. I have my own." She settled on his right side, elbow near his broken hand, as if to prove her point. "I have a proposition."

He eyed her with suspicion. She certainly wasn't familiar to him, otherwise she would have kept away even in his current state, and she wasn't wearing the typical robes of the Sith, instead opting for grimy brown streetclothes. However, she might be offering something worth his time. "What do you want?" The Twi'lek smiled as he let her start her sales pitch. "Well, a little shyrack told me you're looking for strong fighters. Too bad Manara's daughter disappeared to who knows where." With a practiced flourish, she pulled out a tablet of her own, showing the news reports of Alderaan which he had read repeatedly as of late. As he was about to speak up, she continued. "Obviously, she was last on Alderaan, and I'm pretty sure you want to find her, Bonebreaker." Ceth looked a bit surprised. She knew his reputation. "There was someone she was with that interests me hm.... personally." She quickly pulled up a picture of the rogue and his companion droid who flew off with the girl. "If you find him, bring him to me alive. After you have your fun with her, of course. If you promise to do that, I'll speed up this process a bit." She gestured to his casts, making her point clear.

The injured apprentice was clearly tempted, anything to spend less time inactive and wasting time. "And what if I say no?" The Twi'lek sighed and moved her elbow towards his right hand, placing just a tiny bit of pressure on the cast, causing Ceth to wince in pain. "Well you could always spend a few more weeks in here. Accidents do happen, after all." He heard the false sincerity in her voice, accenting her point. His left hand twitched, ready to execute her, and he found a blaster pressed against his head. He clearly had no choice in the matter. "Fine. I agree." The blaster was quickly put away and she grinned, procuring a small bit of kolto, which she poured into his casts. "Pleasure doing business. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a call to make." Before she left, she deposited a tablet and a communicator onto his bed, then walked away seeming to disappear behind a few slaves passing by, leaving Ceth to wonder if he'd ever have to pay up on his end of the deal, feeling the kolto slightly accelerate the healing process.

Dantooine

@Wintermute @folclor

Chuka was barely aware of the hand on his shoulder. The storm of conflicting emotions and flood of questions almost ruling his thoughts. 'Dishonored? What happened? Why?' His fists clenched tight as his shoulders rose with a strong inhale. "I want to see the message." His voice was ice cold and deadly quiet. With some effort he rose to his feet. His hand gripped Illya's tightly, nodding to her. "I.. I Don't know what's going on."

----------------------

Hoth Orbit (cloaked)

@HK Fifty

Delrick could not stop the momentum of his swing in time to avoid being caught by his wrist and toppled as td class four droid rolled him to the deck. The sudden reversal put a strain on the man's shoulder and elbow, which he would feel later, but was unavoidable. When they landed, Delrick felt the weight of the droid pressing down onto his chest, the vice-like grip on his right wrist which caused the hilt of his blade to push into his aching shoulder, and the prick of the knife blade under his chin. 'I see I've come to rely on the Force too much to win.' With a grin and a careful nod the Grey Jedi placed his left palm on the right side of 01's chest plating. "I concede this round, but if I were using the Force you would stuck to the ceiling." 

-----------------------------

Alderaan

@Proletariat

Ravish nodded to her fellow Jedi as he passed by on his way off the ship, leading his padawan. "I'll stay here, and familiarize myself more." She smiled genuinely. 'Also just in case you need a an extraction.' The Cathar pilot bowed her head as the pair left the ship. "May the Force guide you." 

Once Rin and Atali had left the female pilot moved to the bridge and began looking over the controls and readouts. Unlike the padawan she did not physically touch the controls, but moved her hands through the different sequences for start-up, shutdown, take off, and landing. She also reviewed the weapon systems, noting that they had all been slaved and modified so that a single pilot could target and fire them independently. "Very nicely done peacekeeper." Nodding as she appreciated the forethought and skill that took. 

This process of grasping the basics of this skip would take a short while, she could fly and land and shoot this craft well enough. To fully learn it would take a few days, but if push came to shove Ravish could respond to a call for help within moments. 

Alderaan

@Proletariat @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

"I feel like they're faking that accent.  I haven't heard it before and it sounds funny."  Atali sighed and followed her master.  What would this bring them?  Was it really illegal to question the droid?  Did droids have rights?  There was so much she needed to learn about the law...  Were those men Sith lawyers?  They hadn't felt like it.  Not powerful at all.  "It's okay, Master, we'll figure everything out!  Besides, you know what you're talking about.  I trust you!"

Alderaan

@Proletariat

Ravish nodded to her fellow Jedi as he passed by on his way off the ship, leading his padawan. "I'll stay here, and familiarize myself more." She smiled genuinely. 'Also just in case you need a an extraction.' The Cathar pilot bowed her head as the pair left the ship. "May the Force guide you." 

Once Rin and Atali had left the female pilot moved to the bridge and began looking over the controls and readouts. Unlike the padawan she did not physically touch the controls, but moved her hands through the different sequences for start-up, shutdown, take off, and landing. She also reviewed the weapon systems, noting that they had all been slaved and modified so that a single pilot could target and fire them independently. "Very nicely done peacekeeper." Nodding as she appreciated the forethought and skill that took. 

This process of grasping the basics of this skip would take a short while, she could fly and land and shoot this craft well enough. To fully learn it would take a few days, but if push came to shove Ravish could respond to a call for help within moments. 

"That's not important, what's important is that they wouldn't be here if they weren't planning on doing something." He lead her through the office swiftly. The workers there paid almost no attention to them. A Jedi being anywhere on Alderaan would seem obvious to any citizen given what had just happened there. The other side of the office was the area where droids were registered, disarmed, analyzed, released, or detained. It was like a massive factory floor flooded with noises of all sorts. Mechanical and electrical ambiance drowned out almost everything else. It was impressive that it couldn't be heard on the other side of the facility. They arrived shortly at a large open elevator with four armed guards inside of it. 

Rin placed a hand on Atali's back and ushered her into the elevator. "You don't have to worry about anything like that though, I'll take care of everything. Except for the interrogation of course. And hey, whether we win or lose, we're still a team." The entrance gate closed and the elevator began its painstakingly slow descent into darkness.

DANTOOINE

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna@folclor

Errin was celebrating this as a temporary victory in his interior right before Chuka seemed struck by some piece of news delivered to him by one of his comrades-in-arms. He managed to understand something about a clan being dishonored... was it Chuka's clan? The warrior had fallen to his knees, leading Errin to believe this was the case. "What's happened?" he asked, somewhat carefully, as Ilya helped her partner off the ground. <<Right after having proven myself too... damn.>> he thought to himself, awaiting the warriors answer. 

Dantooine

@Wintermute @folclor

Chuka barely heard Errin ask, but he looked to him as nodded. "If you're with us, and still here when I come out, I'll tell you." Turning back to Illya he leaned in and have her a keldabe kiss, speaking just loud enough for his equal in the hunt to hear. "Stay here while I learn the fate of my clan." With that the older warrior followed the pilot into the ship and to the bridge. 

Both pilots left Chuka alone on the bridge as he replayed the message and called various people to confirm what he had learned. 

-----------------------------

Alderaan

@Proletariat

Ravish leaned back in the pilots seat looking over the controls, confident she could fly the ship with no real trouble. "I just hope I don't need to today. Better to let Rin show me." She grinned at that thought of her fellow Jedi explaining the ships systems to her. But she shook her head and got up to leave the bridge, an idea floating around her mind about the cargo compartment. 

She took the long way round the circular passageway, seeing more of the ship before finally ending up at the cargo bay. "Alright let's see what we're working with her...." She stepped in and looked around. 

Korriban

@Fumes @TommyGun15

Kaen led them to her office and sat down behind her desk.  "You two have caught my attention."  She chuckled.  "You'll be coming with me and my apprentice on a mission.  You won't be my apprentices at this time, you'll mainly be for my apprentice's enjoyment and practice.  Both of you are quite skilled in the ways of battle."  She stood, then.  "So you need to prepare what you will take with you and meet me here.  Non-compliance will be rewarded with death."

Hyperspace - En-route to Hoth

@shadowstrikr25

Sanguina sighed dramatically.  "He wants me to merge with her.  I think you do, too.  I wouldn't exist anymore, then.  It'd just be... her.  That's annoying.  I want to live, too, you know."  She stretched.  "I don't want to not exist again.  I remember what she was like without me and I don't like it."

Alderaan

@Proletariat

She grinned.  Maybe he actually did like her!  Atali stood straight, her shoulders squared.  With her master's confidence in her (or what she perceived to be such), she felt she could accomplish this.  "Then we'll succeed!  I know it."  This would be her first time meeting with a droid who was distinctly unkind.

Dantooine

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Wintermute

Illya closed her eyes and waited.  If Clan Lone was dishonored Chuka would want to rectify that.  Perhaps she could help?  She'd always been clanless, though there was a time in her youth she could've joined one.  After all, an orphan can be taken in as an adopted child.  She was Mando'ad through and through.  Still, she waited.  This would be very difficult for her partner.

Korriban

Eek stopped a few feet away from Kaen's desk. 'What could she want?' He thought. Being led into a Darth's office could mean multiple things, the common two being death, or being taken as an apprentice. Neither of those were happening, clearly, as Kaen told Eek that he'd be going with her and her apprentice on a mission of some kind. He had multiple ideas, and objections that he didn't dare say aloud, for risk of death. Why would she need them? A human and a Givin were practically opposites, and they wouldn't get along. Surely the two would get into a fight, and Kaen might get annoyed by it and kill them both. As for why they wouldn't get along, there were multiple things different. What made the galaxy think that humans were the species to base other species off of, despite numerous advantages that 'aliens' may have over them? On top of this, humans are largely unintelligent compared to the Givin. They can't even find the value of 'A' in A = (π/1012 × 16,072)(R×R)(E∞)² . Of course it was a trick question, as ∞ isn't a real number, and therefore the equation cannot be solved. 'Getting off-topic.' He thought, immediately silencing his thoughts. She needed them to prepare, which was a good thing. He had been studying Sith Magic in the archives, and this hopefully would be a perfect opportunity to practice it. If he lived, of course.
@folclor
@TommyGun15

HYPERSPACE - EN ROUTE TO HOTH

@folclor

Hearing the other personality's plight, Zerek was faced with several options. He could try to mind-trick himself into passing out, or just forgetting the whole thing, but he wasn't really sure he could. Maybe trick his brain into thinking he was drunk? That was shot down fast due to the absence of alcohol. There was always the option of tagging Why'nn back in, although he didn't know if that would bring out the less stab-happy personality, or do something unexpected. He then concluded that he was not prepared for this, and could not have ever been prepared for this, even if he was told the exact details of recent events. 'After this, I think getting high would be a step down.' Still, he had to deal with this now and now he had something to occupy his time. "Fair, no one wants to die. So why do you exist? What's your purpose, exactly? And please say so as plainly as possible, I plan on getting hammered." If he was lucky, he could figure out what she felt her purpose was. And if he was even luckier, it wouldn't involve stabbing everyone to show she cared.

Alderaan

@Proletariat @folclor

'Well Damn.' The pilot shook her head slowly as she stepped in, noting that three containment cells occupy a majority of the area and another good bit of the space is taken up by containers. As she checked contents and manifest listing she quickly found out that this peacekeeper took his job very seriously and seemed to be ready for almost any criminal of almost any species. "Well it was a good idea..." The Cathar let out a sigh as her shoulders sagged, ears drooping just a touch as her head dipped forward. 'Looks like my little bird is gonna have to hang on.' 

With her hands in her pockets she moved around the ship, stopping in the medbay and then the crew quarters before returning to the bridge. Very impressed with the medical capabilities the peacekeeper had at his disposal. 

Settling in at the pilots console, waiting for something to happen, she shrugged and nodded. 'I suppose if you work alone on the fringes of the galaxy you gotta take care of yourself.

-------------------------

Dantooine

@Wintermute

For many long minutes Chuka sat alone on the bridge shaking his head as he watched the holos and read the scant reports he had gotten. Still not sure he was ready to believe it. 'They didn't respond to the call from another clan? The choose the Empire over our own people?' The older warrior was unwilling to believe it, not until he heard from his chieftain, or her spouse.

Korriban 

Costa was somewhat surprised that a Sith Lord wanted to bring them along on a mission, although if what she told them was true, they weren't much more than practice targets for her apprentice.  Still, Kaen was a Sith Lord of fairly high influence on Korriban, and this was a perfect chance to collect information on her.  His expression as stony as ever, Costa knelt before the sith woman.  "I thank you Darth Kaen.  I will do all that is within my power to prove myself worthy of this honor."  A bit thick on the flattery?  Maybe.  But if there was one flaw that many sith of any race seemed to share it was pride, and a little brown-nosing could go a long way if you knew what you were doing.

Of course, before they left he'd have to go to the Infirmary to see about his hand.  It probably wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed with a few kolto injections, which he could do himself on the ship.  He'd also have to get his things from his room, namely his datacron so he could continue sending encrypted messages to the Order.  His message for today would have to be cut short though.

@folclor @Fumes

Users who are viewing this thread