Advice/Help Ditched from an RP for being under 18, but I turn 18 tomorrow.

cuzn

lucid luciel
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm not sure what else to say, the title practically says it all.

I was about halfways into planning an RP with someone, we had already typed out character sheets, and everything seemed pretty much fine. It felt like it was out of nowhere when they dropped me for being under 18 when we were planning a SFW roleplay, but I turn 18 on September 17th, which is... Tomorrow.

It's not like I'm going to go back to them like "Hey, guess who just turned 18 (;" out of nowhere, but I'm just a bit bummed out by the whole situation, and finding another rp with a plot that I love as much as I loved the other one has been a bit difficult, so the whole situation sort of bites.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation, or does anyone have any ideas of how I can get over being so bummed out over it? Should I really just go back to the person and ask to RP with them again??

If there's no seggs then there's no problem for such a little thing on any front. Either way, if I were in your shoes I'd instinctively try to talk to the chap again.

Though, they didn't try to talk to you about it before dropping you? Did they drop you without warning without giving you a chance to talk?

If there's no seggs then there's no problem for such a little thing on any front. Either way, if I were in your shoes I'd instinctively try to talk to the chap again.

Though, they didn't try to talk to you about it before dropping you? Did they drop you without warning without giving you a chance to talk?

All they really did was send me a goodbye message with "You're under 18" as the reason attached to it. Of course, maybe I could have said something, but at the time I was so stressed that I admittedly just accepted it without protest;;

I'm mostly just bummed out by it all, especially because they could have easily seen that I was 17 on my profile before they even accepted the DM in the first place. It wasn't so much a conversation as it was a "Hey, btw, I'm dropping you because you're under 18. Bye."

I've been feeling down about it probably more than I should be, but the situation overall just sucks.

So they mention that as a deal breaker up front? Because if not then I would say your better off without them.

Communication is the lifeblood of roleplay. If someone cannot communicate openly and resolve conflict they’re a shitty partner anyway.

cuzn cuzn You are better off without this partner.

I know that sounds a bit harsh since I don't know the individual. But I don't need to know them to speak truth about their behavior.

By doing this at the 11th hour before you're basically at a point where you're more or less ready to begin, they have shown no honesty, respect, courtesy, or maturity. And all four of those traits are things you want in an RP partner.

If they can't be bothered to be upfront about what counts as a deal breaker and discuss it with you directly like an adult, you don't need this person in your RP life. They're missing out. Not you.

So shrug this off and keep your chin up. There are far better RP partners out there for you and who love the same subjects that you do. It might be hard to find them. But that's just the nature of having your own personal likes and dislikes and not being part of the homogenous side of the RP community who all love the same things.

You're unique. And your tastes are unique. Embrace them, and embrace the struggle to find that one RP and that one (or small group) of RP partners who will help you fulfill your RP desires and dreams.

It's always worth it in the end. Trust me.

Cheers!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

~ GojiBean

sounds like they're just a dickhead grasping at straws for a reason to give you the boot

sounds like they're just a dickhead grasping at straws for a reason to give you the boot
This tbh. Sounds like just a crappy excuse, considering their birthday is literally tomorrow. Maybe the person just didn't like the direction the planning was going in so wanted a reason to drop.

Sounds like just a crappy excuse, considering their birthday is literally tomorrow.
To be fair, if you look at someone's profile it just mentions their age.

So it's not that unreasonable to assume they weren't aware of OP's impending birthday.

I'm not sure what else to say, the title practically says it all.

I was about halfways into planning an RP with someone, we had already typed out character sheets, and everything seemed pretty much fine. It felt like it was out of nowhere when they dropped me for being under 18 when we were planning a SFW roleplay, but I turn 18 on September 17th, which is... Tomorrow.

It's not like I'm going to go back to them like "Hey, guess who just turned 18 (;" out of nowhere, but I'm just a bit bummed out by the whole situation, and finding another rp with a plot that I love as much as I loved the other one has been a bit difficult, so the whole situation sort of bites.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation, or does anyone have any ideas of how I can get over being so bummed out over it? Should I really just go back to the person and ask to RP with them again??
I've had people drop RPs with me after learning my religion. They think I'm evil. >:) Many won't even take the time to try and clarify my beliefs. I don't talk about it often because I know it can be polarizing, but I won't skirt the topic if it comes up. It's just sad that prejudice is so prevalent in the world. It's OK though, I don't let it bother me. Just because someone judges me doesn't mean I have to do the same back. Love and peace and all. <3

Just gotta remember, you don't need these people in your life anyways. People who will ditch you at the drop of a hat based on nothing but assumptions. I think you're awesome! Screw that other person! :P :D

Funnily enough I had someone who told me god didn’t want them to roleplay with me. I did not seek clarification because I’m not an unpaid therapist.

But to be fair they weren’t like super judgmental or anything. They just had weird thoughts on fantasy (which is strange cuz that was the prompt they posted even though they thought witchcraft was devil worship).

But I think the only time I really moped out due to age or religion was when the person

1. Very obviously is attempting to use me as unpaid emotional labor. Like I am not your mother or your therapist.

2. They express hateful views that I find distasteful. Admittedly I’m a bit more patient with the youngsters then I am with the grown ass adults. Kids don’t always clock when they’re being assholes, adults do it for the attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back