• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Whether they were training and learning new aspects to their gifts, enraptured by listening to a long tale about the history and misadventures of otherworldly counterparts, fooling around with embarrassing childhood pictures that may or may not have been deleted, taking some quiet time for themselves, trying to read up on the news or were simply just chilling and hanging out with each other...one thing was the same for all of them. The time passed by quickly enough, the sounds of the train in the distance edging closer and closer. It slowed as it entered the station with an extremely loud screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeching sound until it came to a complete stop to allow for boarding.

Once all of them were ushered aboard, it was revealed they had lucked out! The whole group got an entire section of the train for themselves, cut off from the rest by the door that separated their cabin from another.

lUIOWvD.jpg

Where they chose to situate themselves among the seats was left up to each of them. An eager Cinder dashed up to her team though, almost literally bouncing with pure excitement. "Guys! Guys, you won't believe it. I...I can fly now!" : D "...Well, kind of, anyways. Maybe more like hovering and I have to work out some things still, but isn't that just awesome?!"

Vernal settled in a spot as far away from Emerald as was possible. In general she did what she could to isolate herself from the group, not really keen on talking with them beyond the bare minimum of necessity. Raven dropped into one of the closest seats to the cabin door, so as keep one eye on the ragtag group(her gaze lingering more on Yang, and her arm, more than anyone else) and another more wary eye on any other people outside their cabin. The chairs were more comfy than she had expected but she didn't allow her guard to waver even one tiny bit.

Ruby on the other hand, was absolutely starving. The young huntress called out for one of the train attendants around and upon receiving a menu, she read through it so fast the attendant barely had time to turn away before she ordered the largest, cheesiest pizza she could. After a moment of consideration and looking around at the group, she ordered two more pies as well. "Oh and he's paying." She told the attendant, pointing out Mercury Black with a cheerful smile.

Oh, who knew revenge could be so delicious and filled with cheesy goodness?

That done, she dropped into one of the chairs, seated in a position that it absolutely wasn't designed for. Her knees pressed against the cushion that was meant for her butt, her hands gripping the backrest as she leaned over with her face almost glued to the window, admiring the beautiful sights as the train began to rumble into motion again. Their end destination may or may not have been fated to be one that went badly, but that didn't mean Ruby wasn't going to try and enjoy the journey there. She was going to be stuck in this cabin with all these people for a few days! Making it miserable would just make it drag on even longer.​

"Make that two pizzas." Mercury encouraged with a smug grin in Ruby's direction, totally okay with spending her money. He and Emerald were situating themselves by the window, the latter gazing around at the first class presentation with hands clasped to her chest and a glazed over look of visible wonder. She would've loved dearly to see the look on her mom's face if she had any idea what her 'good-for-nothing' daughter was doing now.

Mercury was much more restrained in his amazement, which was to say he felt none. This place was way too cushy. He sprawled over one of the sofas to take up the entire thing, browsing through a magazine from one of the tables with the air of someone who was already bored. "I didn't hear the attendant say this was a multi-day trip, right? Tell me it's not."

"Yeeeaaah, that sounds like torture. I'm gonna go look through people's luggage."

Eve's scowl radiated more menace than usual from the moment she entered the cabin, about as pleased as you'd imagine to see the kind of convenient luxuries her peoples' exploitation helped perpetuate. She turned her back on the cozy interior with a scornful tut and glanced upward instead, one short leap allowing her to pull herself up and sit atop the light fixtures with one knee pulled to her chest while the other dangled. She turned her gaze out towards the wilderness, letting her thoughts drift elsewhere and rendering herself as unapproachable as possible in the unlikely event anyone had enough of a death wish to try to speak to her.​

Mercury was much more restrained in his amazement, which was to say he felt none. This place was way too cushy. He sprawled over one of the sofas to take up the entire thing, browsing through a magazine from one of the tables with the air of someone who was already bored. "I didn't hear the attendant say this was a multi-day trip, right? Tell me it's not."

"Yeeeaaah, that sounds like torture. I'm gonna go look through people's luggage."

"Yes he did, yes it is that long, and no you will not." Raven remarked, a commanding edge in her voice right then. She was cutting off that idea before Emerald could even go anywhere. "You are not doing anything that risks us getting thrown off this train. Do you understand?"

"Yes he did, yes it is that long, and no you will not." Raven remarked, a commanding edge in her voice right then. She was cutting off that idea before Emerald could even go anywhere. "You are not doing anything that risks us getting thrown off this train. Do you understand?"

tumblr_inline_nynr40y49s1tqlplh_500.png

"You're not my mom."

"...And how will there be no risk to you going through some poor idiot's luggage?"

tumblr_inline_nynwbr1S4H1tqlplh_500.png

"Oh, I get it. You just don't know me very well! I go through so many people's stuff without them noticing. No chance of getting caught means no risk means no problem! So please can I go?"

Her tone softened and she curled her lip a bit, giving Raven puppy eyes so big even Mercury had to avert his gaze all the way across the cabin.​

"Oh, I get it. You just don't know me very well! I go through so many people's stuff without them noticing. No chance of getting caught means no risk means no problem! So please can I go?"

Her tone softened and she curled her lip a bit, giving Raven puppy eyes so big even Mercury had to avert his gaze all the way across the cabin.​

That look just got Raven to roll her eyes. "Fine, kid. Whatever." She'd reached her limit in trying to play babysitter anyway. That hadn't been what she signed on for. "Go. But if you get caught, don't count on getting bailed out. You're on your own." It was hard to tell if she was being serious or not.​

Neopolitan, likewise, was pretty enamored with the train car. While she grew up in a much safer environment than her teammate had except for one incredibly unsafe week, foster care wasn't exactly living in the lap of luxury. It was like a whole dorm room, on wheels! With staff! She had a butler! that she had to pay money to get anything from, but still.

Of course if someone else wanted to spend that money she wasn't gonna argue, and Neo sat crosslegged backwards on a chair watching the scenery scream by with a simple awe, quietly making her way through her own piece of one of the like four pizzas they'd apparently ordered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The disdain Arthur had for Emerald and Neo's gawking was quiet but palpable, the young hacker rolling his eyes at the sight of them treating a normal train ride (for him anyways) as one of Remnant's seventeen wonders. He couldn't really fathom that it was all that different from business class, frankly. a chair was a chair.

That was all he allowed himself though; an eyeroll. The rest of his friends' muted reaction to the knowledge that Weiss Schnee might be counted among their enemies was disconcerting to say the least, and it wasn't something he was at all happy about. The same Weiss Schnee that had offered to upgrade their weapons; it likely meant she knew that they, specifically, were being used by Salem against Ozpin directly. It was too much of a coincidence, and it meant that, unless this blonde was just off her rocker, Schnee knew they should be counted as enemies

... His parents worked for Schnee Corp. He'd changed his last name along with the rest of his records when he'd forged his documents for Beacon, but he had a looming suspicion that if anyone would have the resources to find what he'd proudly considered to be a needle in a needlestack, it'd be that corporate monstrosity. His attempts to streamline their travel plans had been aborted pretty much the instant he learned that, and he'd spent every moment since trawling through his own records, along with his team's, to see if they'd been accessed, while simultaneously doing his best to ensure no one was tracing them through their scrolls. There was always a chance that this Leonhart hadn't gone traitor in this timeline; but that'd be moot if the enemy could see where they were going

Where they chose to situate themselves among the seats was left up to each of them. An eager Cinder dashed up to her team though, almost literally bouncing with pure excitement. "Guys! Guys, you won't believe it. I...I can fly now!" : D "...Well, kind of, anyways. Maybe more like hovering and I have to work out some things still, but isn't that just awesome?!"

Needless to say, doing both those tasks at once was taking an incredible amount of his focus, that he wasn't keen on wasting elsewhere. So of course Cinder decided now was the time to be excited about, he didn't know, being able to move a bit of wind or whatever. He sighed from where he was lying flat on one of the beds and staring at the multitude of hardlight screens floating in front of him.

"Delightful. So you're telling me that if we tied a string to you and threw you out one of these windows, we'd have the world's most dangerous kite and I'd be able to work in peace?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yang wasn't looking any more cheery when she eventually came trudging out of the woods. She'd gone out there to work out some frustration, yet despite being almost positive that she was hitting an eight on the scale for at least three different negative emotions, the only thing that came charging at her was a single beowolf that was turned to ash in two shots. It was honestly weird. Like someone had spent the entire night before clearing out every grimm in a five mile radius.

No idea who that could be.

Whatever she was trying to work through wasn't going to come to fruition just meandering through the woods by herself, so she'd come back to the group shortly after, and spent the rest of the wait for the train how she seemed intent on spending it on the train; sitting and staring idly into space, currently ignoring the scroll that laid open in her hands as she watched the shadows of the trees they were zooming by dance across the floor in front of her.

That look just got Raven to roll her eyes. "Fine, kid. Whatever." She'd reached her limit in trying to play babysitter anyway. That hadn't been what she signed on for. "Go. But if you get caught, don't count on getting bailed out. You're on your own." It was hard to tell if she was being serious or not.

Though she wasn't apparently entirely dead to the world. She snorted under her breath and shook her head, trying to focus back on what she was reading as she huffed a quiet "weeaaaak" under her breath at that whole exchange.

Needless to say, doing both those tasks at once was taking an incredible amount of his focus, that he wasn't keen on wasting elsewhere. So of course Cinder decided now was the time to be excited about, he didn't know, being able to move a bit of wind or whatever. He sighed from where he was lying flat on one of the beds and staring at the multitude of hardlight screens floating in front of him.

"Delightful. So you're telling me that if we tied a string to you and threw you out one of these windows, we'd have the world's most dangerous kite and I'd be able to work in peace?"

ztrUR3o.png

Her excited mood instantly evaporated. "You know, Arthur, you are very good at taking the joy out of everything. Are we sure you aren't a vampire, except like, you know, instead of blood, you suck on fun instead?" She turned away with an extra loud, annoyed "Hmph!" and looked towards a couple others.​

tumblr_inline_nynr40y49s1tqlplh_500.png

"You're not my mom."
"Do. you. understand?" Raven repeated, those red eyes narrowed as she glared at Emerald in her best impersonation of Glynda's patented intimidating stern look.

tumblr_inline_nneje1iTcr1tqlplh_500.png

"So... if there was no risk, I could do it?" She ventured, wielding a very game pokerface.​
"...And how will there be no risk to you going through some poor idiot's luggage?"

That look just got Raven to roll her eyes. "Fine, kid. Whatever." She'd reached her limit in trying to play babysitter anyway. That hadn't been what she signed on for. "Go. But if you get caught, don't count on getting bailed out. You're on your own." It was hard to tell if she was being serious or not.​

She couldn't help from overhearing that entire exchange from where she stood, since yeah, same cabin and all. There was a brief flash of unhappiness across her face at the talk of moms, but it was soon replaced by a wince. That glare wasn't even directed at her but Raven was channeling that Glynda stern look so well, Cinder felt that the spirit of the Beacon professor had left her body, flew the countless miles over and possessed the elder Branwen twin, all just to lecture them! It was really eerie, honestly. Top notch on the performance but minus points for it being that weird.

The fall maiden was quick to clear her throat as she stepped up. "I'll watch over her!" She offered. "I mean, if she wants." Cinder wasn't too interested in going through other peoples' stuff but if she could help keep a friend out of trouble...then she was all in. Plus it'd get her away from Watts for now.

Screw him, flying is cool! This kite would kick his butt if we weren't stuck on a train.

For his part, Tyrian always felt so excited when riding a train. Kicking back and watching the world go by! Having climbed down from Hazel's shoulder, he reclined on a chair with his tail wrapped around. When they got to Haven, they'd be in for a fight and he couldn't wait! As Cinder approached, Tyrian listened intently with a growing grin. Hopping to his feet, he could hardly contain his excitement!

tenor.gif

"Flying you say? Why that's just...INCREDIBLE! To be able to feel the wind against your face as you hurl yourself through the air! Similar to how far young Rose 'flew' when Mercury kicked her! Flying!"

Tyrian frowned and seemed genuinely annoyed by Watt's reply.

"Arthur! ....Rope would work much better!"
Her excited mood instantly evaporated. "You know, Arthur, you are very good at taking the joy out of everything. Are we sure you aren't a vampire, except like, you know, instead of blood, you suck on fun instead?"
42aedaadb7b573fef99e83bae184b355867c0903.gifv

Tyrian didn't even try to stem the tide of laughter that erupted from him.

"Hehehe...HAHAHAHA!!"

Hopping to his feet, Tyrian followed after Cinder with a skip and a hop.

"Cinder wait! I find your newly gained ability to fly..cool!!!"

Tyrian merely nodded his head.

But he was really thinking who'd be willing to train him...

Neither of them, you shank-happy, Cheshire loon.

"I'm not welcome back home if it's of any consolation, my trusted partner. Parents worry I'd get into trouble with the law looking for a fight."

..."

"Is it because you've chosen the life of a huntsman?"

"Not really a consolation, more an unfortunate reality we have to accept." Hazel replied thoughtfully, having ruminated on his situation aplenty as he added. "Something like that, but it certainly plays a large role." His shoulders almost went slack, their emotional portents accentuated by an almost sad sigh from the big man. He cracked open his mouth, beginning to say something more on the subject matter when the train entered the station, announcing its arrival with the pitched screeching of its brakes. A frown was all that came from him and the kiosk attendant, forgoing commenting on the big sad-likely-to-get-angry-maybe man's displayed expression, remarked with a cheery. "All set, the carrier will be boarding the train alongside and it'll be fast tracked. Enjoy your trip and please come again but really don't, you scary."

"Watch your head." His words came automatically, as if he was accustomed to the faunus's presence, boarding alongside everyone else and they were led to their train section--

Whether they were training and learning new aspects to their gifts, enraptured by listening to a long tale about the history and misadventures of otherworldly counterparts, fooling around with embarrassing childhood pictures that may or may not have been deleted, taking some quiet time for themselves, trying to read up on the news or were simply just chilling and hanging out with each other...one thing was the same for all of them. The time passed by quickly enough, the sounds of the train in the distance edging closer and closer. It slowed as it entered the station with an extremely loud screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeching sound until it came to a complete stop to allow for boarding.

Once all of them were ushered aboard, it was revealed they had lucked out! The whole group got an entire section of the train for themselves, cut off from the rest by the door that separated their cabin from another.

lUIOWvD.jpg

Vernal settled in a spot as far away from Emerald as was possible. In general she did what she could to isolate herself from the group, not really keen on talking with them beyond the bare minimum of necessity. Raven dropped into one of the closest seats to the cabin door, so as keep one eye on the ragtag group(her gaze lingering more on Yang, and her arm, more than anyone else) and another more wary eye on any other people outside their cabin. The chairs were more comfy than she had expected but she didn't allow her guard to waver even one tiny bit.

Ruby on the other hand, was absolutely starving. The young huntress called out for one of the train attendants around and upon receiving a menu, she read through it so fast the attendant barely had time to turn away before she ordered the largest, cheesiest pizza she could. After a moment of consideration and looking around at the group, she ordered two more pies as well. "Oh and he's paying." She told the attendant, pointing out Mercury Black with a cheerful smile.

Oh, who knew revenge could be so delicious and filled with cheesy goodness?

That done, she dropped into one of the chairs, seated in a position that it absolutely wasn't designed for. Her knees pressed against the cushion that was meant for her butt, her hands gripping the backrest as she leaned over with her face almost glued to the window, admiring the beautiful sights as the train began to rumble into motion again. Their end destination may or may not have been fated to be one that went badly, but that didn't mean Ruby wasn't going to try and enjoy the journey there. She was going to be stuck in this cabin with all these people for a few days! Making it miserable would just make it drag on even longer.​

The sheer opulence of this section slammed into him like-- well, like a train. From the outset, he was already at odds with the interior because was he used to a more simplistic lifestyle, he was comfortable with roughing it when the need rose, forgoing necessities such as a simple bed and a roof. Not that he largely went without but it bore a conscious consideration that became obvious to him in his mind. That was not all that contended with the man's perceptions as the architecture of this section, the entire train rather, definitely was designed with the average human being in mind. Hazel was anything but average and it was with an dejected grunt that he claimed the equivalent of a loveseat closest to his teammate, his broad back blotting out the view beyond the train from behind.

It was comfortable but not comfortable.

When Cinder bounded up to the team, it wasn't difficult for Hazel to move his mind onto better things like the news she delivered. "Huh, flying. Amazing, you're coming into your own as Maiden it seems like. You'll get this in no time, Cinder." He offered encouragement and support in even abundanced leveled by his sincerity in saying it, a smile on his face. At least someone was enjoying themselves in some capacity on the journey and that was something that stuck to him.

His own nonsense didn't really need be injected to dampen the already morose atmosphere around them all.

Pizza Feud said:
Cheesus... Crust...

He put down lien of his own to add to the pie pile, fully intent on consuming an entire one or two for himself. Hungry he was but also, he needed comfort food stat considering the coming days and events and such. He was feeling meat lover's with extra sausages.

Though he suspected Mercury and Emerald probably ate Hawaiian pizza in the face of popular opinion.

He could respect a person like that.

The disdain Arthur had for Emerald and Neo's gawking was quiet but palpable, the young hacker rolling his eyes at the sight of them treating a normal train ride (for him anyways) as one of Remnant's seventeen wonders. He couldn't really fathom that it was all that different from business class, frankly. a chair was a chair.

That was all he allowed himself though; an eyeroll. The rest of his friends' muted reaction to the knowledge that Weiss Schnee might be counted among their enemies was disconcerting to say the least, and it wasn't something he was at all happy about. The same Weiss Schnee that had offered to upgrade their weapons; it likely meant she knew that they, specifically, were being used by Salem against Ozpin directly. It was too much of a coincidence, and it meant that, unless this blonde was just off her rocker, Schnee knew they should be counted as enemies

... His parents worked for Schnee Corp. He'd changed his last name along with the rest of his records when he'd forged his documents for Beacon, but he had a looming suspicion that if anyone would have the resources to find what he'd proudly considered to be a needle in a needlestack, it'd be that corporate monstrosity. His attempts to streamline their travel plans had been aborted pretty much the instant he learned that, and he'd spent every moment since trawling through his own records, along with his team's, to see if they'd been accessed, while simultaneously doing his best to ensure no one was tracing them through their scrolls. There was always a chance that this Leonhart hadn't gone traitor in this timeline; but that'd be moot if the enemy could see where they were going

Watts received a stare that succinctly amounted to "really" from his fellow teammate. Sometimes, Hazel pondered, that his leader reveled in being an inconsolable piss-pot but he correlated the severity of his curt retorts with the severity of their circumstances. He hadn't been present for the conversation revolving around the slow realization that crept up on Miss Xiao Long but Watts had been more than proactive enough to compile together a list of current findings, complete with date and time with their origins.

He really didn't know how to feel about the matter of it all other than it seemed the days grew darker the more they trudged on and discovered seemingly by happenstance.

ztrUR3o.png

Her excited mood instantly evaporated. "You know, Arthur, you are very good at taking the joy out of everything. Are we sure you aren't a vampire, except like, you know, instead of blood, you suck on fun instead?" She turned away with an extra loud, annoyed "Hmph!" and looked towards a couple others.​
He did chuckle at the phrasing attributed to Watts. He wasn't going to dispute the description whatsoever nor was he going to add to it, content to await and eat his own duo of pizzas.​

The fall maiden was quick to clear her throat as she stepped up. "I'll watch over her!" She offered. "I mean, if she wants." Cinder wasn't too interested in going through other peoples' stuff but if she could help keep a friend out of trouble...then she was all in. Plus it'd get her away from Watts for now.

"Cinder, NO!"

Emerald's loud, reverberating yell cut in practically as soon as Cinder's words were out of her mouth, the thief whirling on her second maiden that day with a fierce glare of resolve and an unwavering clench to her fists that said 'this is it, this is the limit, this is where I put my foot down aaand I am already crumbling'.

She laughed in a way that was meant to be nervously casual but came off like she was giddy or something.

"...You'll find it so boring..."

Tyrian didn't even try to stem the tide of laughter that erupted from him.

"Hehehe...HAHAHAHA!!"

Hopping to his feet, Tyrian followed after Cinder with a skip and a hop.

"Cinder wait! I find your newly gained ability to fly..cool!!!"

When Cinder bounded up to the team, it wasn't difficult for Hazel to move his mind onto better things like the news she delivered. "Huh, flying. Amazing, you're coming into your own as Maiden it seems like. You'll get this in no time, Cinder." He offered encouragement and support in even abundanced leveled by his sincerity in saying it, a smile on his face. At least someone was enjoying themselves in some capacity on the journey and that was something that stuck to him.

"Thank you both for being supportive as a team member should be. AND AS A LEADER SHOULD BE MOST OF ALL." She finished with a yell, definitely not addressing anyone specific. Most assuredly not. "Ahem." She cleared her throat. "Yeah, it is cool right??" Cinder agreed with Tyrian, holding up a hand for a high-five for team solidarity. "I'll only get better from here!" She beamed, really looking forward to that experience.​

"Cinder, NO!"

Emerald's loud, reverberating yell cut in practically as soon as Cinder's words were out of her mouth, the thief whirling on her second maiden that day with a fierce glare of resolve and an unwavering clench to her fists that said 'this is it, this is the limit, this is where I put my foot down aaand I am already crumbling'.

She laughed in a way that was meant to be nervously casual but came off like she was giddy or something.

"...You'll find it so boring..."

"...Huh? No way. It can't be any more boring than staying too long in Watts' presence, he'll find a way to make even the most exciting and exhilarating experience somehow dull or suck the ecstatic mood out of somebody like some kind of anti-fun vacuum cleaner. That's just how he operates. As he just so kindly demonstrated." Cinder replied, openly pleading with her eyes for an escape from that hell.​

"...Huh? No way. It can't be any more boring than staying too long in Watts' presence, he'll find a way to make even the most exciting and exhilarating experience somehow dull or suck the ecstatic mood out of somebody like some kind of anti-entertainment vacuum cleaner. That's just how he operates. As he just so kindly demonstrated." Cinder replied, openly pleading with her eyes for an escape from that hell.

"Oh well when you put it that way I guess you could come along no I don't mind I'm just worried it won't be your thing but if you're bored you can always take off any time you want you'll probably get bored right away but still don't get all hyped up or anything it'll probably be really boring so really only come if you can't think of anything better to do seriously but it's up to you okay you're coming? That's great it could be kinda fun I guess but don't get high expectations or anything-"

Each word pushed her closer and closer to the door by an inch, like wearing heelies on a gentle incline. She was all the way over to the door when Mercury sharply stood up, clearing his throat and giving a louder-than-necessary rustle of his magazine.

"Great, guess I'll check it out too. This place already reeks of booze and hair product."

He handed out pointed stares for each of the operative words, and their recipients knew exactly who they were.

"Sorry Merc, gotta trim the fat on this one." Emerald outright rejected with zero hesitance or reservations about saying, sliding the cabin door shut in his face.​

"Oh well when you put it that way I guess you could come along no I don't mind I'm just worried it won't be your thing but if you're bored you can always take off any time you want you'll probably get bored right away but still don't get all hyped up or anything it'll probably be really boring so really only come if you can't think of anything better to do seriously but it's up to you okay you're coming? That's great it could be kinda fun I guess but don't get high expectations or anything-"

Each word pushed her closer and closer to the door by an inch, like wearing heelies on a gentle incline. She was all the way over to the door when Mercury sharply stood up, clearing his throat and giving a louder-than-necessary rustle of his magazine.

"Great, guess I'll check it out too. This place already reeks of booze and hair product."

He handed out pointed stares for each of the operative words, and their recipients knew exactly who they were.

"Sorry Merc, gotta trim the fat on this one." Emerald outright rejected with zero hesitance or reservations about saying, sliding the cabin door shut in his face.​

"...Are you...okay?" Cinder was at a loss. She'd never seen Emerald this ruffled before, the girl always seemed...cool. Always at ease, no matter the situation. She supposed being around Mercury as his partner in sass helped a lot with that. But she even shut the door right in his face without even the slightest pause. Something was weird here and she didn't understand. They were just two friends, one wanting to go through the luggage of some strangers and the other offering to keep an eye out for the first one. Not so weird...right?

Right.​

Neopolitan, likewise, was pretty enamored with the train car. While she grew up in a much safer environment than her teammate had except for one incredibly unsafe week, foster care wasn't exactly living in the lap of luxury. It was like a whole dorm room, on wheels! With staff! She had a butler! that she had to pay money to get anything from, but still.

Of course if someone else wanted to spend that money she wasn't gonna argue, and Neo sat crosslegged backwards on a chair watching the scenery scream by with a simple awe, quietly making her way through her own piece of one of the like four pizzas they'd apparently ordered.

A shadow darkened that pizza for a moment as Neo was alerted to the momentary sensation of someone dropping down from a height behind her, landing next to silent. The figure who rose up from the half-crouch it left her in was much taller than her (not that anyone in this carriage wasn't), plenty imposing even without bearing the malefic face of a grimm or robes painted with the blood of an adversary. Those burning, inscrutable eyes that everyone who drew them could feel, mask or no mask, made no secret of where their focus lay now, curious to see how this latest in a long line of humans to bear their full weight reacted.

"I scared you that night at Beacon. Didn't I?"

"...Are you...okay?" Cinder was at a loss. She'd never seen Emerald this ruffled before, the girl always seemed...cool. Always at ease, no matter the situation. She supposed being around Mercury as his partner in sass helped a lot with that. But she even shut the door right in his face without even the slightest pause. Something was weird here and she didn't understand. They were just two friends, one wanting to go through the luggage of some strangers and the other offering to keep an eye out for the first one. Not so weird...right?

Right.​

"I... am about to break the law a whole bunch and it's eating me up inside!" She clarified smoothly, pace brisk and unslowing as if she wouldn't have minded the opportunity to lose her tail in the changing carriages. "What, did you think I was just numb to that sorta thing? No, no. I need serious help."

"I... am about to break the law a whole bunch and it's eating me up inside!" She clarified smoothly, pace brisk and unslowing as if she wouldn't have minded the opportunity to lose her tail in the changing carriages. "What, did you think I was just numb to that sorta thing? No, no. I need serious help."

"...Really?" She didn't mean to sound as incredulous as she did but that definitely didn't sound like the Emerald she'd come to know. "Well, I mean, if it's affecting you that bad, we could just...not do it, y'know? That's--OH!" Something suddenly clicked for Cinder. Of course it didn't sound like the Emerald she knew...because it WASN'T! The maiden approached the thief in a swift and serious stride, leaning in rather close to study those big red eyes. "Tell me, when did you replace the Emerald of this world, doppelganger?! It had to have been recently. Was it back in the bandit camp???"

"...Really?" She didn't mean to sound as incredulous as she did but that definitely didn't sound like the Emerald she'd come to know. "Well, I mean, if it's affecting you that bad, we could just...not do it, y'know? That's--OH!" Something suddenly clicked for Cinder. Of course it didn't sound like the Emerald she knew...because it WASN'T! The maiden approached the thief in a swift and serious stride, leaning in rather close to study those big red eyes. "Tell me, when did you replace the Emerald of this world, doppelganger?! It had to have been recently. Was it back in the bandit camp???"

With that face in that proximity Emerald's thoughts were a jumbled mess. This was bad. She was blowing this. Why was she acting so lame around this girl? Was it because she was just a kid and Emerald had to filter herself more than usual accordingly?

Wow. That made so much sense, that was totally it. Now think, Emerald. What can you say to get out of this? Their noses were almost touching. Her cheeks were starting to flush.

37ecf78b-65ef-4315-bb01-33a23d72cec8.png

"...Yes?"

With that face in that proximity Emerald's thoughts were a jumbled mess. This was bad. She was blowing this. Why was she acting so lame around this girl? Was it because she was just a kid and Emerald had to filter herself more than usual accordingly?

Wow. That made so much sense, that was totally it. Now think, Emerald. What can you say to get out of this? Their noses were almost touching. Her cheeks were starting to flush.

37ecf78b-65ef-4315-bb01-33a23d72cec8.png

"...Yes?"

"...Oh." She blinked, unsure how to proceed. I...I don't...I wasn't expecting her to admit that right off the bat. I thought I might have to...maybe at least interrogate. Get to go all bad cop. Aww man. Wait...the Ruby and Yang back in that cabin are both good counterparts to the bad ones from here. The inverse must be true too! Cinder's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Tell me then: are you a bad person in your world? No lies!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back