• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Mercury actually gagged.​

mi0N76p.png

While they walked, no one was sure exactly when Eve had stopped being occasionally visible stalking between the surrounding trees and brush, a predator easily mistakable for a grimm and just as sinister in presence. At some point, that specter had vanished, and anyone wary enough of the most shaky of their alliances to keep an eye out for her was left to decide for themselves whether that was a good or bad thing.

Until about half an hour into their wait at the station, when a violent rustling and brief roar preceded the appearance of an ursa head that bounced out into the clearing before it evaporated. She emerged from the treeline with a tight grip on her weapon, covered in scratches, gouges and bite marks, not all of which were insignificant enough not to leave a scar long after her aura worked to repair them; Her stride was almost trancelike, the lack of acknowledgment she gave any of the others like she couldn't perceive them at all, or was forcing herself not to. Her customary mask was gone, and hiding the upper half of her features instead were a few black strips of fabric clearly torn from her robe to form a makeshift bandana. She went to wherever in the station clearing was furthest away from anyone else while still maintaining an eyeline on all of them, sat down, and laid her sword horizontally across her lap.

Somehow, no matter where or who you were, it felt like the eyes hidden behind that bandana were staring directly at you.​

Last edited:
She went to wherever in the station clearing was furthest away from anyone else while still maintaining an eyeline on all of them, sat down, and laid her sword horizontally across her lap.

Somehow, no matter where or who you were, it felt like the eyes hidden behind that bandana were staring directly at you.

2Cca04v.png

Don't stare at me like that, you little shit. I will come over there and bring down a storm the likes of which you've never seen, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic thing you call a life. I will wipe you the fuck out with skill never before seen on Remnant, mark my fucking words.

2Cca04v.png

Don't stare at me like that, you little shit. I will come over there and bring down a storm the likes of which you've never seen, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic thing you call a life. I will wipe you the fuck out with skill never before seen on Remnant, mark my fucking words.

rsz-1da8y214-23538d64-650a-4dca-8ef4-7d5170ed6888.png

Oh no someone's mother doesn't like that I wear it better, what do

Yang was catching her breath, one hand to her chest as she warred with her UTTER INDIGNATION at looking so uncool against the utterly inescapable human reaction that was pure adrenaline when faced with double digit decibals directly against your dang ear. eventually, she twisted her gaze onto Neo, who was standing with a far far more smug look on her face than the neo clone had been wearing moments earlier.

Yang put put her hands on her hips and looked down with a deep breath, and when she looked back up her face was wearing the most vicious grin that a person could muster without it carrying any weight whatsoever.

"I'm sure you think that means we're even, but no; this means war."

Neo arched an eyebrow and tilted her head, the smirk on her face growing slightly sinister as she clasped her hands behind her back and met Yang's stare head on.

... the deja vu was lowkey real for Yang, and were she a more cautious person that might've been a warning to about face.

"Honestly, you probably owe her a thank-you more than an apology. I bet if Neo wanted to drop you that night she probably would've." Mercury added with an infuriatingly confident smirk, crossing his arms. Added loudly and almost directly into Yang's ear, since yeah.

"Pfft. Please." Yang waved Mercury off with a confident grin. "She knew where we stood after one swing. Even if I do feel bad for pointing them at the wrong person, these babies don't lie" She said as she blew a bit of invisible smoke off the top of her knuckles.

Neo narrowed her eyes at Yang and the smirk turned down, before she put up her hands and waved Yang forward. They had time to kill, she didn't mind showing this ditz that she'd just had more important things to deal with!

Yang fixed her with an unimpressed grin before she tapped the side of her ear. "Whats that? Can't hear you! Its like someone blasted an airhorn in my ear!"

":T"

that was about the moment Ruby showed up and Torchwick partnernapped Neo into a hug, and Yang gasped in delight and absolutely ignored the offered fistbump of sisterly epicness in favor of absolutely smothering her sister in a full strength hug "RUBY! How's my favorite little huntress doing?!"

"Hey!" Ruby yelled, overhearing that as her run brought her in earshot of the group. "We are not dweebs." The very notion of that was preposterous. "In fact we are the coolest team of Beacon that...never actually graduated. Isn't that right, Yang?" She added, holding out a hand for a sisterly epic fistbump. "We didn't even have to graduate to get our licenses, we just had to be ourselves...and by that I mean we kept being awesome until somebody recognized it!"

SPPAKEh.png
"Yea! We're not dweebs!" She coo'd over her sister's head. "Just Ruby and Weiss are : |"

"...Any fun ones? Pictures I mean." She quickly clarified, trying not to sound too eager. Seemed they had some time to kill anyway.

Mercury smoothly transitioned out of his ballerina stretches. "Yeah, this should be good. Let's see the dweebs you hang out with."
"Sure!" She said, without actually letting Ruby go or do anything else to take her scroll out yet. "You guys wanna see Ruby's superhero phase? She was five, it was adorable."

Melodic Cudgel clattred to the ground and Roman took a step forward.

"Neo..."

He then broke out into a grin.

"That was...TOTALLY AWESOME!! You got 'Blondie' good!"

He reached forward seemingly to give his partner a hug....and also try to fish his wallet out of Neo's back pocket.​
His hand came back with Glynda's wallet

"What? I'm allergic to sugar."

"A fate worse than death--"

Yang gasped in delight and absolutely ignored the offered fistbump of sisterly epicness in favor of absolutely smothering her sister in a full strength hug "RUBY! How's my favorite little huntress doing?!"

"Definitely not...choking or anything..." Ruby squeaked in between the sounds of her gasping for air.​

"Yea! We're not dweebs!" She coo'd over her sister's head. "Just Ruby and Weiss are : |"

"YEAH!" She forced out despite the tight embrace. It took a second before it sunk in. "Wait what? Yang no, why have you betrayed me so?"

"Sure!" She said, without actually letting Ruby go or do anything else to take her scroll out yet. "You guys wanna see Ruby's superhero phase? She was five, it was adorable."

"..."

LHibH1V.png

"YANG DO NOT!"

"Well... these guys are cringey. Let's bail," Mercury murmured with an aside over to Emerald, though he smirked and kept his volume just loud enough that both parties the jab was in reference to could hear it. The thief just rolled her eyes.​

"Sure!"
She said, without actually letting Ruby go or do anything else to take her scroll out yet. "You guys wanna see Ruby's superhero phase? She was five, it was adorable."

"Oooh, is that what the cape's all about because I was wondering about that." Emerald crooned with a sly, intrigued narrowing of the eyes, crowding around to see.

Mercury wasn't quite as eager about it as his partner, but he did also totally come over to check it out. "Seriously, who's going around naming all these kids Weiss? That seems like a lousy idea in any universe."

"Well... these guys are cringey. Let's bail," Mercury murmured with an aside over to Emerald, though he smirked and kept his volume just loud enough that both parties the jab was in reference to could hear it. The thief just rolled her eyes.​

She let that one slide. Mainly because if Vernal was hitting even close to the mark with her pot shots earlier, taking any shots at Merc not understanding the joy of family would have been pretty terrible, even if he was a big boy who could probably take it.

"YEAH!" She forced out despite the tight embrace. It took a second before it sunk in. "Wait what? Yang no, why have you betrayed me so?"
"Sis, if anyone betrayed anyone, it was you; you would really let Weiss suffer in dweebness alone? Your partner? Your best friend!?" she snarked back. It was a little unfair, but her ego had taken enough bruisings over the last couple hours that she was absolutely relishing this, if from a completely loving intent.

"Oooh, is that what the cape's all about because I was wondering about that." Emerald crooned with a sly, intrigued narrowing of the eyes, crowding around to see.

Mercury wasn't quite as eager about it as his partner, but he did also totally come over to check it out. "Seriously, who's going around naming all these kids Weiss? That seems like a lousy idea in any universe."
"Hey hey hey, Ruby makes that cloak work, don't knock it." She said defensively, a bit of a warning, protective glare levelled at Emerald before her tone brightened again. "Its much better than the towel one your about to see. rrrrrraaaargh!"

She twisted her grip on her sister, bent her knees and gave Ruby a full strength fastball throw straight into the air, her being the only person she'd be more confident in than Blake to stick the ensuing landing despite just how high she managed to send her. She fished her scroll back out of her pocket and stuck her tongue out as she searched for the album.

"Not sure what you mean by that Merc" she added she was looking. "I don't think the universe can handle more than one Weiss- oooooooooooooooh right"

Took about a second too long for that to click.

Last edited:
"Hey hey hey, Ruby makes that cloak work, don't knock it." She said defensively, a bit of a warning, protective glare levelled at Emerald before her tone brightened again. "Its much better than the towel one your about to see. rrrrrraaaargh!"

She twisted her grip on her sister, bent her knees and gave Ruby a full strength fastball throw straight into the air, her being the only person she'd be more confident in than Blake to stick the ensuing landing just how high she managed to send her. She fished her scroll back out of her pocket and stuck her tongue out as she searched for the album.

"It's not knocking to wonder. I'm wondering about your hair, too," Emerald tossed back with a lidded smirk, tone cryptic and vague enough that that literally could've meant any one of five billion things. A full half of team MTEN couldn't help but crane their necks to watch Ruby reaching terminal velocity, Mercury letting out a pitched whistle.

"Not sure what you mean by that Merc" she added she was looking. "I don't think the universe can handle more than one Weiss- oooooooooooooooh right"

"Heh, hey, yeah, it's just a pretty funny coincidence is all considering who was at the school earlier, right? I mean it's not like the most powerful woman in Atlas and this chick your sister partnered with are the same person, ahaha, ha-" He stared suspicious daggers at the back of her head, otherwise still waiting for that baby picture.

"Sis, if anyone betrayed anyone, it was you; you would really let Weiss suffer in dweebness alone? Your partner? Your best friend!?" she snarked back. It was a little unfair, but her ego had taken enough bruisings over the last couple hours that she was absolutely relishing this, if from a completely loving intent.

"Yang, that's ridiculous and untrue!! Weiss is not anywhere close to being a dweeb! The only betrayer here is you, especially if you actually show the--"

She twisted her grip on her sister, bent her knees and gave Ruby a full strength fastball throw straight into the air, her being the only person she'd be more confident in than Blake to stick the ensuing landing just how high she managed to send her. She fished her scroll back out of her pocket and stuck her tongue out as she searched for the album.

"YANG NO!" She yelled, doing her best to scramble out of the hug, short of using her semblance to escape. It didn't work. "YANG I SWEAR IF YOU DO THIS I WILL MAke sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

The sound of her voice got harder and harder to hear as she shot through the air, whatever she was gonna say further lost in the high speed winds. Ruby getting yeeted into the sky was watched by more than just half of MTEN, Cinder's golden eyes tracking the other small red huntress's flight the whole way.

She couldn't help but pout and grumble with crossed arms. "I was supposed to be the first one to fly." With a loud hmph and fueled by some admittedly petty envy, Cinder focused once again...and this time achieved results, though not with wind. Flames exploded out of the fall maiden's boots and she hovered a few feet in the air for a couple seconds before the fires sputtered and went out, dropping her to the ground once again.

"Whoa!"

"...Huh. Fire it is."

As Ruby began to descend, a few shots of Crescent Rose slowed her velocity and once she was close enough, a quick semblance burst brought her back down to earth, skidding to a halt just fine...and then absolutely booking it back at top speed towards Yang. She was determined to slap that scroll out of her sister's hands before too many of the dreaded images could be seen.​

The sound of her voice got harder and harder to hear as she shot through the air, whatever she was gonna say further lost in the high speed winds. Ruby getting yeeted into the sky was watched by more than just half of MTEN, Cinder's golden eyes tracking the other small red huntress's flight the whole way.

"Yang, you can't keep throwing your sister like that. You gotta aim up and towards the horizon or she'll just come right back. " Qrow stated firmly as he wandered by, taking a swig of sweet, sweet flask water. "Nice form though."

He made sure to get the hell out of there before vengeance came.​

"It's not knocking to wonder. I'm wondering about your hair, too," Emerald tossed back with a lidded smirk, tone cryptic and vague enough that that literally could've meant any one of five billion things. A full half of team MTEN couldn't help but crane their necks to watch Ruby reaching terminal velocity, Mercury letting out a pitched whistle.
Emerald got a slightly puzzled, thoughtful grin in response as Yang tried to parse that sentence, tone, and look. huh

She wondered if that meant that Jaune and Pyrrha both had a crush on her too back home : |

"Heh, hey, yeah, it's just a pretty funny coincidence is all considering who was at the school earlier, right? I mean it's not like the most powerful woman in Atlas and this chick your sister partnered with are the same person, ahaha, ha-" He stared suspicious daggers at the back of her head, otherwise still waiting for that baby picture.

"....uhhhhh..."

Yang froze up, her last finger scroll pausing midway and accidentally opening some picture of the entirety of team RWBY on one of their first days at Beacon for Emerald and Mercury to see. Little bits of the puzzle that Yang had been almost subconsciously trying not to think about were being put directly in her line of sight, and her brain clicked and whirred like her gauntlets going into combat mode as the configuration slowly came together in her head.

"And why are you even here? You weren't supposed to be on this mission!"

One

The eyes cracked open, and despite neither of their auras working in this room, Yang felt in more danger under those eyes than she had the entire night of the battle.

“And if you stand in our master’s way, you’ll be cut down too. It's inevitable.”

Two

"You....you can't kill him...He's...He's all I have..."

She turned her attention towards Salem and her lip started to tremble.

"he's...my only friend and...he hates you..."

Three

(it was around this time that Ruby sent Yang's scroll tumbling to the ground with a well placed smack, the device automatically snapping shut as Yang's hands left it)

"The councilwoman has a daughter?"
"Heh, hey, yeah, it's just a pretty funny coincidence is all considering who was at the school earlier, right? I mean it's not like the most powerful woman in Atlas and this chick your sister partnered with are the same person, ahaha, ha-"

...And that would make four.

"...Oh. oh shit. MOOO- *Cough*" Yang practically choked herself to death as she caught herself while she stumbled to her feet and started striding towards with an accusatory glare, though Yang wasn't quite sure who she was accusing of what yet.

" Raven! Why the heck was Weiss Schnee at the school earlier!?"

Last edited:
"...Oh. oh shit. MOOO- *Cough*" Yang practically choked herself to death as she caught herself while she stumbled to her feet and started striding towards with an accusatory glare, though Yang wasn't quite sure who she was accusing of what yet.

" Raven! Why the heck was Weiss Schnee at the school earlier!?"

Raven couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight of Ruby Rose being flung through the air like she'd been shot out of a cannon at some circus act. She did suggest that the rest of the group should get comfortable but that was assuredly not what she had in mind. Raven barely paid attention to the blur of motion that soon followed as Ruby raced back over to Yang, her attention more focused on the two maidens as they-- "Hmm?" Her stare shifted over to Yang as she began stomping over in her direction.

Raven didn't bother to rise from her seated spot. "The councilwoman?" She shrugged. "Came to Vale to offer some vague condolences, offer Atlesian aid for the damages and some dust upgrades for a few of your fellows back there, I think. Oh, and be a shining example of Atlas's insufferable perceived superiority. Why, what brought this question out now?"

Emerald got a slightly puzzled, thoughtful grin in response as Yang tried to parse that sentence, tone, and look. huh

She wondered if that meant that Jaune and Pyrrha both had a crush on her too back home : |

In hindsight she probably could've seen why people kept getting this vibe from her

Emerald and Mercury were left staring at the inert scroll on the ground, in no way having the requisite information to follow Yang all the way to her dramatic revelation.

"So that was definitely her, right?"

"Yeah. Weird."

Raven couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight of Ruby Rose being flung through the air like she'd been shot out of a cannon at some circus act. She did suggest that the rest of the group should get comfortable but that was assuredly not what she had in mind. Raven barely paid attention to the blur of motion that soon followed as Ruby raced back over to Yang, her attention more focused on the two maidens as they-- "Hmm?" Her stare shifted over to Yang as she began stomping over in her direction.

Raven didn't bother to rise from her seated spot. "The councilwoman?" She shrugged. "Came to Vale to offer some vague condolences, offer Atlesian aid for the damages and some dust upgrades for a few of your fellows back there, I think. Oh, and be a shining example of Atlas's insufferable perceived superiority. Why, what brought this question out now?"

"And you just believed that."

The voice that interjected wasn't raised or accusatory the way Yang's was, but carried Eve's perpetual note of barely-contained fury that threatened to boil over at any moment as the faunus drew attention to her prowling approach from behind. It was not an approach she expected to be welcomed. There weren't terribly many two words Yang could've barked at her mother to make Eve's ears prick up enough to snap her from her self-imposed trance, let alone bring her over. And of course, Yang of all people happened to speak them.

Weiss. Fucking. Schnee.

"I've studied the councilwoman's comings and goings since long before she was a politician. Schnee doesn't leave her ivory city. Too many people want her dead, and Atlas is the only place she's untouchable." The grimace she gave was as approving of the sentiment as it was darkly unsatisfied with its many outcomes. "She didn't come south unless she got something out of it. So what did you people give her?"

The voice that interjected wasn't raised or accusatory the way Yang's was, but carried Eve's perpetual note of barely-contained fury that threatened to boil over at any moment as the faunus drew attention to her prowling approach from behind. It was not an approach she expected to be welcomed. There weren't terribly many two words Yang could've barked at her mother to make Eve's ears prick up enough to snap her from her self-imposed trance, let alone bring her over. And of course, Yang of all people happened to speak them.

Weiss. Fucking. Schnee.

"I've studied the councilwoman's comings and goings since long before she was a politician. Schnee doesn't leave her ivory city. Too many people want her dead, and Atlas is the only place she's untouchable." The grimace she gave was as approving of the sentiment as it was darkly unsatisfied with its many outcomes. "She didn't come south unless she got something out of it. So what did you people give her?"
"I'm bringing this up now because she showed up at Beacon right after Ozpin and his goons attacked it!" she yelled back, a sharp frustration in her tone as she gestured back the way they'd come. "I don't know if you remember, but you told me that this... other me works for Ozpin. He's got my sister thinking he's her only friend, and..."

She hesitated with a short frown as she glanced over at Eve as she approached

"...and Blake's all over his 'down with the kingdoms' plan. I have no idea how this hasn't come up yet, but it sounds like thats three of Ozpin's biggest enforcers, and... its three members of my team back home. Ruby Rose, Blake Belladonna, me..."

Again she hesitated. She was really trying to picture it, and it just wasn't coalescing into any sort of recognizable shape. Weiss? Weiss Schnee? N-ice Queen? The girl who, despite going living through one of the worsts families ever, sometimes gave Ruby Rose a run for sweetest smile? The teammate who'd she'd reuinited with first, who practically burst into tears when she found the family she'd chose again? Weiss 'Punmaster' Schnee?

...but it wasn't like she could've ever imagined the way the rest of her team was here. That cold hatred in Blake's eyes, Ruby all covered in blood, with no Yang in sight to help her. No. Yang desperately hoped she was wrong, but whatever piece of shit had created this timeline seemed to have a personal interest in Salem's finest and Ozpin's reluctant warriors, and how they'd look on the other side. She wasn't stupid.

"...and Weiss Schnee. Which means there's a real good chance that Schnee company heiress isn't the worst title you could give her, not if Ozpin got to her too
."

Weiss. Fucking. Schnee.

"...Of course I did." Raven didn't tear her eyes away from Yang as she approached, but she did acknowledge the other speaking up. "Weiss Schnee may be an insufferably arrogant snob, but she is an Atlesian councilwoman. Someone who came down from Atlas and brought aid to a kingdom that needed it. What, were you expecting us to attack an official representative from one of the other kingdoms? To refuse aid for the people that desperately needed it in the wake of losing their homes, or their family, or worse? All to stick it to somebody, simply because I don't like her any more than you seem to? As satisfying as it might be to tell her to fuck off, there was no reason to do so and every reason to accommodate her when--"
"I'm bringing this up now because she showed up at Beacon right after Ozpin and his goons attacked it!" she yelled back, a sharp frustration in her tone as she gestured back the way they'd come. "I don't know if you remember, but you told me that this... other me works for Ozpin. He's got my sister thinking he's her only friend, and..."

She fell silent in the wake of that frustrated yell, staring patiently at Yang from behind her mask to continue.
"...and Blake's all over his 'down with the kingdoms' plan. I have no idea how this hasn't come up yet, but it sounds like thats three of Ozpin's biggest enforcers, and... its three members of my team back home. Ruby Rose, Blake Belladonna, me..."

Again she hesitated. She was really trying to picture it, and it just wasn't coalescing into any sort of recognizable shape. Weiss? Weiss Schnee? N-ice Queen? The girl who, despite going living through one of the worsts families ever, sometimes gave Ruby Rose a run for sweetest smile? The teammate who'd she'd reuinited with first, who practically burst into tears when she found the family she'd chose again? Weiss 'Punmaster' Schnee?

...but it wasn't like she could've ever imagined the way the rest of her team was here. That cold hatred in Blake's eyes, Ruby all covered in blood, with no Yang in sight to help her. No. Yang desperately hoped she was wrong, but whatever piece of shit had created this timeline seemed to have a personal interest in Salem's finest and Ozpin's reluctant warriors, and how they'd look on the other side. She wasn't stupid.

"...and Weiss Schnee. Which means there's a real good chance that Schnee company heiress isn't the worst title you could give her, not if Ozpin got to her too."

"................." Both gloved hands reached up to remove her helmet after hearing that bomb getting dropped. The look on her fully revealed face was much more serious and concerned than it had been just moments ago.

anVb3CU.png

"If that's true, then..." Raven's eyes widened in alarm as it suddenly hit her. "The prisoner transfer." She wrenched her gaze away towards the ground, disquieting thoughts rushing through her head at that realization. After a few seconds, she stood up, her gaze returning to Yang. "Why didn't you tell us that sooner?!" She yelled back, every bit as frustrated as Yang had been. Raven regretted rounding on her otherworldly daughter like that almost as soon as the words came out and she turned away as the frustration cooled, looking over towards Eve.

"She...got hold of those we took prisoner after we repelled the assault. Blake Belladonna among them. She explained it away as having been at war with those terrorists for so long, she had a personal stake in seeing them brought to justice in Atlas. It made all the sense to Salem, but if you're right...we just gave them all back to him on a silver platter. That's what Salem gave her."

Raven pulled out her scroll, intending to type out a personal message for Salem...but before she could type out a single letter, she looked towards Yang with wary eyes.

"How...how certain would you say you are? How sure are you that Weiss Schnee could be working for Ozpin? We may not be able to do anything overt, she is a councilwoman after all, well integrated in Atlas circles. No official moves could be made off an accusation like that without a shred of evidence, but...at least Salem will know. We could do what we can, if you are sure about this."

Last edited:
"...Of course I did." Raven didn't tear her eyes away from Yang as she approached, but she did acknowledge the other speaking up. "Weiss Schnee may be an insufferably arrogant snob, but she is an Atlesian councilwoman. Someone who came down from Atlas and brought aid to a kingdom that needed it. What, were you expecting us to attack an official representative from one of the other kingdoms? To refuse aid for the people that desperately needed it in the wake of losing their homes, or their family, or worse? All to stick it to somebody, simply because I don't like her any more than you seem to? As satisfying as it might be to tell her to fuck off, there was no reason to do so and every reason to accommodate her when--"
"Please. What makes you think I'd expect you to do anything?" She hissed back, wry and sardonic despite the obvious frustration inherent behind her glowering smirk. "I know exactly where the kingdoms stand with their wealthy financiers, believe it or not."

"...and Weiss Schnee. Which means there's a real good chance that Schnee company heiress isn't the worst title you could give her, not if Ozpin got to her too."
"How...how certain would you say you are? How sure are you that Weiss Schnee could be working for Ozpin? We may not be able to do anything overt, she is a councilwoman after all, well integrated in Atlas circles. No official moves could be made off an accusation like that without a shred of evidence, but...at least Salem will know. We could do what we can, if you are sure about this."

"...That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard."

Her delivery was so scornful, derisive, and utterly dismissive that it was almost a little forced, the faunus turning away but making no actual move to depart yet.

"You expect me to believe the world revolves around this little team of yours? That Sienna would ever consider a truce with the Schnees, let alone Blake? One wants a stable, unshackled nation of faunus she can preside over. The other wants you all dead. The only place for Weiss Schnee in either of those designs is as a corpse! Do you have any idea what it'd mean if what you're saying is true?!"

The fact that she hadn't simply left by now, however, was proof enough that she at least considered the matter worthy of further discussion. There was a time not so long ago when she really would have dismissed it outright. But memories flashed of Blake's eyes from the last time they came face-to-face, the way they had every tormented sleepless night since. She thought she knew her then, could anticipate her, but her actions that night proved how woefully unprepared she'd been to even consider the depths her old flame was willing to go to. Even now, after all the things she felt and witnessed at the Beacon attack, she would've rathered throw herself on her sword than consider what a Remnant without Blake Belladonna would look like, but it was obvious the sentiment had stopped being mutual a long time ago. Worse, maybe she was just an idiot for ever thinking it was. Yes, she thought the notion of Blake ever working alongside a Schnee was ridiculous; and a week ago, she would've scoffed at anyone who suggested Blake might ever see her harmed.

Eve took a deep, shuddering breath as she wiped something away under her bandana, obviously not as dismissive of the suggestion as she let on. Her hand made a sudden grab for Wilt's hilt, but stayed there, clenched tightly to try and steady the trembling. She knew the first betrayal had been her own. Part of her would always regret it. Maybe she even deserved all this, and everything Sienna preached about her being a hypocrite and a coward was true. But ever since that night her mind had been reeling, and she still hadn't found a rational way to process what had happened that wasn't called denial. Maybe it was because even alone, in her worst moments, she kept telling herself it hadn't seemed... final. Those eyes still held affection for her. Her last words before the act had still been gentle. They weren't... it wasn't the worst betrayal she could've committed.

This was. She couldn't think of a single act, not one possible reality that served as a more devastating final nail in the coffin of anything they ever had, than Blake being willing to work with the woman whose name was seared into her face. Whose family had branded her like an object, who for all intents and purposes turned her into one. No; into a monster. Blake knew everything. She was the one person who knew as much about Eve's childhood as Eve did. If it just didn't matter to her now, then that was it. There wasn't a hope in hell of reaching her. That meant... the next time they met, she'd have to... but Blake could never be the enemy, she could never think of her that way, no no no no no no-

"...Just stop... It can't be true..." She repeated through clenched teeth, voice strained and thick with emotion as ever. Where that emotion was usually rage slicing through the clouds of everything else like a hot knife, though, now it was different, like those clouds had swirled and coalesced into a different kind of maelstrom altogether, one threatening to completely break her brain.

"If that's true, then..." Raven's eyes widened in alarm as it suddenly hit her. "The prisoner transfer." She wrenched her gaze away towards the ground, disquieting thoughts rushing through her head at that realization. After a few seconds, she stood up, her gaze returning to Yang. "Why didn't you tell us that sooner?!" She yelled back, every bit as frustrated as Yang had been. Raven regretted rounding on her otherworldly daughter like that almost as soon as the words came out and she turned away as the frustration cooled, looking over towards Eve.

"rrgh, ITS BEEN A CONFUSING WEEK!" she yelled right back as she grabbed the side of her head with frustration. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, ok?!"

"She...got hold of those we took prisoner after we repelled the assault. Blake Belladonna among them. She explained it away as having been at war with those terrorists for so long, she had a personal stake in seeing them brought to justice in Atlas. It made all the sense to Salem, but if you're right...we just gave them all back to him on a silver platter. That's what Salem gave her."

Raven pulled out her scroll, intending to type out a personal message for Salem...but before she could type out a single letter, she looked towards Yang with wary eyes.

"Please. What makes you think I'd expect you to do anything?" She hissed back, wry and sardonic despite the obvious frustration inherent behind her glowering smirk. "I know exactly where the kingdoms stand with their wealthy financiers, believe it or not."

"...That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard."

Her delivery was so scornful, derisive, and utterly dismissive that it was almost a little forced, the faunus turning away but making no actual move to depart yet.

"You expect me to believe the world revolves around this little team of yours? That Sienna would ever consider a truce with the Schnees, let alone Blake? One wants a stable, unshackled nation of faunus she can preside over. The other wants you all dead. The only place for Weiss Schnee in either of those designs is as a corpse! Do you have any idea what it'd mean if what you're saying is true?!"

The fact that she hadn't simply left by now, however, was proof enough that she at least considered the matter worthy of further discussion. There was a time not so long ago when she really would have dismissed it outright. But memories flashed of Blake's eyes from the last time they came face-to-face, the way they had every tormented sleepless night since. She thought she knew her then, could anticipate her, but her actions that night proved how woefully unprepared she'd been to even consider the depths her old flame was willing to go to. Even now, after all the things she felt and witnessed at the Beacon attack, she would've rathered throw herself on her sword than consider what a Remnant without Blake Belladonna would look like, but it was obvious the sentiment had stopped being mutual a long time ago. Worse, maybe she was just an idiot for ever thinking it was. Yes, she thought the notion of Blake ever working alongside a Schnee was ridiculous; and a week ago, she would've scoffed at anyone who suggested Blake might ever see her harmed.

Eve took a deep, shuddering breath as she wiped something away under her bandana, obviously not as dismissive of the suggestion as she let on. Her hand made a sudden grab for Wilt's hilt, but stayed there, clenched tightly to try and steady the trembling. She knew the first betrayal had been her own. Part of her would always regret it. Maybe she even deserved all this, and everything Sienna preached about her being a hypocrite and a coward was true. But ever since that night her mind had been reeling, and she still hadn't found a rational way to process what had happened that wasn't called denial. Maybe it was because even alone, in her worst moments, she kept telling herself it hadn't seemed... final. Those eyes still held affection for her. Her last words before the act had still been gentle. They weren't... it wasn't the worst betrayal she could've committed.

This was. She couldn't think of a single act, not one possible reality that served as a more devastating final nail in the coffin of anything they ever had, than Blake being willing to work with the woman whose name was seared into her face. Whose family had branded her like an object, who for all intents and purposes turned her into one. No; into a monster. Blake knew everything. She was the one person who knew as much about Eve's childhood as Eve did. If it just didn't matter to her now, then that was it. There wasn't a hope in hell of reaching her. That meant... the next time they met, she'd have to... but Blake could never be the enemy, she could never think of her that way, no no no no no no-

"...Just stop... It can't be true..." She repeated through clenched teeth, voice strained and thick with emotion as ever. Where that emotion was usually rage slicing through the clouds of everything else like a hot knife, though, now it was different, like those clouds had swirled and coalesced into a different kind of maelstrom altogether, one threatening to completely break her brain.
"...look, I know it sounds really dumb." She said with a more muted frown as she looked off towards the train station, still rubbing the side of her head. "Believe me, it sounds even stupider to me. The Weiss I know probably would've spat in Salem's face before she worked for her. And no, I don't have any like, actual proof"

She huffed and idly toed the ground as she looked down.

"...But it also sounds stupid that anyone else serving Ozpin over here would, or that some of these kids-" She added with a slightly dirty glare towards wherever Cinder was practicing "-are apparently goody two shoes over here. But it tracks, in my head anyways. Everything else like..." She waved her hand in front of her "its a mirror. Torchwick, Neopolitan, Watts, Rainart, Fall, every single one of these kids worked with Ozpin. So did Taurus." she added as she turned her glower towards Eve. "And..."

She sighed

"...and all of them are doing the opposite here. Even the one still working with the White Fang. So no, I don't have proof, but if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say that the reverse probably tracks too. Weiss is probably working for Ozpin. Why or how... I dunno. The Weiss I knew would never." She finished quietly

Last edited:

"I really don't know why Salem bothered to let you come if all you plan to do is stalk off on your own half the time and spend the other half trying to get under people's skin." Raven harshly growled in return. "Really, what use are you?" She didn't say one more word towards Eve, outright turning her back on the faunus warrior.​

"rrgh, ITS BEEN A CONFUSING WEEK!" she yelled right back as she grabbed the side of her head with frustration. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around this, ok?!"

"You don't have to tell me THAT!" Raven sharply pointed a finger over to the side in the direction of Vernal. "I went back to a place I vowed to never go back to, talked with a brother I never wanted to see again and picked up some brutish thug from a tribe of thieves, deadbeats, drunks and murderers just so we can figure out what the hell is going on with you and all of yours suddenly dropping in here and help you find a way to get back to your proper world and time. AFTER WE MANAGED TO FIGHT OFF AN ATTACK ON THE KINGDOM! It's a very TRYING week all around!" Raven snapped. A beat later she sighed in frustration, turning her back on Yang too.​

"...look, I know it sounds really dumb." She said with a more muted frown as she looked off towards the train station, still rubbing the side of her head. "Believe me, it sounds even stupider to me. The Weiss I know probably would've spat in Salem's face before she worked for her. And no, I don't have any like, actual proof"

She huffed and idly toed the ground as she looked down.

"...But it also sounds stupid that anyone else serving Ozpin over here would, or that some of these kids-" She added with a slightly dirty glare towards wherever Cinder was practicing "-are apparently goody two shoes over here. But it tracks, in my head anyways. Everything else like..." She waved her hand in front of her "its a mirror. Torchwick, Neopolitan, Watts, Rainart, Fall, every single one of these kids worked with Ozpin. So did Taurus." she added as she turned her glower towards Eve. "And..."

She sighed

"...and all of them are doing the opposite here. Even the one still working with the White Fang. So no, I don't have proof, but if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say that the reverse probably tracks too. Weiss is probably working for Ozpin. Why or in what capacity... I don't know. The Weiss I knew would never." She finished quietly

But she didn't stop listening. Raven took in every word with a quiet intensity. When Yang finished airing it all out, she immediately and more calmly replied with: "That's good enough for me. I'll get word to Salem informing her of this possibility. Maybe she can get word to James, try to figure something out. If she can manage to make to force some sense of subtlety into that thick metal skull of his." Ironwood was known for many things, but being discreet hardly ranked among them. "I'll-" Raven started, glancing briefly over her shoulder.​

"-leave you all to sort yourselves out." She finished, striding off into the interior of the train station. The sounds of fingers furiously typing on her scroll echoed out as she did her best to bluntly sum it up for the headmistress. Someone with that much power in Atlas, working for Ozpin and no one knowing it...the damage she could inflict...that was a nightmarish thought.

And perhaps she needed to sort some things with herself as well, if the sight of her furiously pacing about just beyond the transparent glass doors was anything to go by. Not to mention the fist sized dent she left in one of the station's walls.​

"I really don't know why Salem bothered to let you come if all you plan to do is stalk off on your own half the time and spend the other half trying to get under people's skin." Raven harshly growled in return. "Really, what use are you?" She didn't say one more word towards Eve, outright turning her back on the faunus warrior.

Eve was staring at the dirt in silence, one held for several beats after Raven gave her rebuttal and turned her back. Or in other words, gave her a target for the dark turn her thoughts were currently taking. She slowly looked up, bringing some of her fierce bite back into her voice. "Oh, I've been under the skin of humans like you long before either of us were around. You huntsmen and huntresses and your neverending sanctimony, knowing full well the fragile institutions you fight to protect are what keep my people under the heel. You think turning your back is supposed to faze me, silence me? It's just what your people have been doing to mine ever since you first discovered us. And I promise you, turning your backs has never shut me up before."

She kept her eyes locked on the back of Raven's head the entire time she walked away, as if daring her to come back and see how much patience she had for her goading right now, perfectly willing to play chicken with the huntress and see who drew first. Raven had been right about one thing and wrong about another. She knew full well that she was a chaotic presence here, seemingly incapable of conversing without inevitably clashing heads.

She just didn't care. And Salem hadn't let her do anything. She was just following them to her goal so she could carry it out and be done with this.

"...and all of them are doing the opposite here. Even the one still working with the White Fang. So no, I don't have proof, but if I had to bet my life on it, I'd say that the reverse probably tracks too. Weiss is probably working for Ozpin. Why or how... I dunno. The Weiss I knew would never." She finished quietly

"Whatever. Schnee moves back up my list of names. It's not a high climb." She said tersely, scowling as she forced her emotions back into their angry mold. A voice chimed in from behind.

"Whiny as she is, she's got one thing right. Right now this doesn't change anything."

Qrow cracked one eye open where he was leaning with arms folded up against a tree, deep in thought.

"Hearin' a lotta shoulda, woulda, coulda. It is what it is. We focus on Haven."

But she didn't stop listening. Raven took in every word with a quiet intensity. When Yang finished airing it all out, she immediately and more calmly replied with: "That's good enough for me. I'll get word to Salem informing her of this possibility. Maybe she can get word to James, try to figure something out. If she can manage to make to force some sense of subtlety into that thick metal skull of his." Ironwood was known for many things, but being discreet hardly ranked among them. "I'll-" Raven started, glancing briefly over her shoulder.

"-leave you all to sort yourselves out." She finished, striding off into the interior of the train station. The sounds of fingers furiously typing on her scroll echoed out as she did her best to bluntly sum it up for the headmistress. Someone with that much power in Atlas, working for Ozpin and no one knowing it...the damage she could inflict...that was a nightmarish thought.

And perhaps she needed to sort some things with herself as well, if the sight of her furiously pacing about just beyond the transparent glass doors was anything to go by. Not to mention the fist sized dent she left in one of the station's walls.​
"...okay" Yang said with a short nod to Raven as she turned to leave. She crossed her arms and leaned against a nearby tree as she watched her head into the station, and winced slightly as she saw the dent appear on their side of the wall. Guess she knew where she got that from now.

Eve was staring at the dirt in silence, one held for several beats after Raven gave her rebuttal and turned her back. Or in other words, gave her a target for the dark turn her thoughts were currently taking. She slowly looked up, bringing some of her fierce bite back into her voice. "Oh, I've been under the skin of humans like you long before either of us were around. You huntsmen and huntresses and your neverending sanctimony, knowing full well the fragile institutions you fight to protect are what keep my people under the heel. You think turning your back is supposed to faze me, silence me? It's just what your people have been doing to mine ever since you first discovered us. And I promise you, turning your backs has never shut me up before."

She kept her eyes locked on the back of Raven's head the entire time she walked away, as if daring her to come back and see how much patience she had for her goading right now, perfectly willing to play chicken with the huntress and see who drew first. Raven had been right about one thing and wrong about another. She knew full well that she was a chaotic presence here, seemingly incapable of conversing without inevitably clashing heads.

She just didn't care. And Salem hadn't let her do anything. She was just following them to her goal so she could carry it out and be done with this.

"Whatever. Schnee moves back up my list of names. It's not a high climb." She said tersely, scowling as she forced her emotions back into their angry mold. A voice chimed in from behind.

"Whiny as she is, she's got one thing right. Right now this doesn't change anything."

Qrow cracked one eye open where he was leaning with arms folded up against a tree, deep in thought.

"Hearin' a lotta shoulda, woulda, coulda. It is what it is. We focus on Haven."

Yang didn't say anything in regards to Eve's rebuttal to Raven, mainly because there was a decent amount of truth to them. It was kind of hard not to agree, not when she'd spent so much time with her own Blake and saw what she had to deal with. It was something she imagined she'd probably be more invested in if they hadn't been so busy dealing with, y'know, the literal end of the world, but still. Qrow's word, however made her grimace as her hands gripped at her sleeves.

It did change things. If Weiss really had been given the prisoners, then she sincerely doubted this mirrored Blake was going to just be sitting quietly in an Atlas jail cell the next few days. If Lionheart was still a cowardly, traitorous jerk, then there was a good chance Blake would be there along with whatever else Ozpin decided to throw at them. She'd be gunning for them, and unless Yang wanted to just let her hurt all these kids or another round of poor innocents, Yang would have to be gunning right back.

"...I won't let anything happen to her. I promise."

"...tch"

Showed how much her word was worth. She turned and wandered off for the treeline. "...I need some space. I'll be back in a bit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back