• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"...Soooooo... it seems like you and the goofballs trying to a mistralian gymnastics team happen over there are kinda taking my teams' and our friends place in all this... which means I gotta wonder... which one of you boys showed up to the Vytal dance in a dress?"

Just as Yang said that, Roman coughed.

"I don't think any of us don't know that, uncle." Ruby countered as she got up. "But that doesn't mean we can't...talk. As long as we're here...we should try to be a team. For as long as now lasts. And hey!" She objected to that by lightly punching him in the arm.

He tanked the blow and puffed his chest out with hands on his hips and a faux-disapproving stare, as if to re-cement who was the adult and who was the impetuous little niece who couldn't stop poking her nose in the adult's personal business.

"Sure we will. I'm just doin' what I have to so it doesn't get too hard when the time comes to say goodbye. A twin's the person you come into this world with, kid. You're supposed to be stuck with each other for life, and I... already said goodbye to mine. It sucks."

The longer the sentence ran on, the heavier whatever weight gave Qrow his slouch seemed to become, and his gaze fell as he settled into a somber quiet.​

"Let me fight her instead." : D
"No" Watt's said with such definitive finality that if it were any normal person he was talking to that would've been the last time anyone related to them ten generations back would ever even think about the subject

Not only was his partner asking him to stand down but Cinder as well. Though the image of her fighting Eve would certainly be a delight and the prospect might have normally tickled him silly. But not this time. Still, he wouldn't let his friends see the disappointment.

a5a7c403ce4f2aa8cbcd5a7b581323f2.gif

"...Okay."

Tyrian's tail resumed it's place as a quasi-belt around his waist as he made his way to the back of the group. He had understood what Hazel meant but perhaps it was a combination of the group Eve was from or what she'd told him. But he wanted to show her that she was wrong. That these were his friends and no human ever had him under their thumb.

"....Mememememememe!!!"

Tyrian nimbly hoisted himself atop one of Hazel's shoulders after the three had seen him running back full force.

"Onwards! From here I can watch the rear!"

"You know, I should carry you seven, it'd make for less disruptions I think."

Naturally the first person he hoisted onto his sweeping shoulders was Cinder.

He clasped his hands behind his back and somehow the exact same pose that made Yang look disarmingly nonthreatening compared to her usual self made Watts look utterly imperious as he regarded his team with thinly veiled disappointment.

"...I am not getting up there."

He tanked the blow and puffed his chest out with hands on his hips and a faux-disapproving stare, as if to re-cement who was the adult and who was the impetuous little niece who couldn't stop poking her nose in the adult's personal business.

"Sure we will. I'm just doin' what I have to so it doesn't get too hard when the time comes to say goodbye. A twin's the person you come into this world with, kid. You're supposed to be stuck with each other for life, and I... already said goodbye to mine. It sucks."

The longer the sentence ran on, the heavier whatever weight gave Qrow his slouch seemed to become, and his gaze fell as he settled into a somber quiet.​
: (​

"No" Watt's said with such definitive finality that if it were any normal person he was talking to that would've been the last time anyone related to them ten generations back would ever even think about the subject

He clasped his hands behind his back and somehow the exact same pose that made Yang look disarmingly nonthreatening compared to her usual self made Watts look utterly imperious as he regarded his team with thinly veiled disappointment.

"...I am not getting up there."

"So you refuse to partake in a team exercise of bonding that could only improve us all together as a team, team leader Watts?" Hazel crinkled a brow in response, unaffected by the display of authority Watts attempted to avail himself of what was frankly Cinder's absurd idea.

"So you refuse to partake in a team exercise of bonding that could only improve us all together as a team, team leader Watts?" Hazel crinkled a brow in response, unaffected by the display of authority Watts attempted to avail himself of what was frankly Cinder's absurd idea.
"Yep" he answered, forgoing his usual formal tone entirely

She heard the sounds of squawking and the battle cries of roses in the background, and was briefly dismayed she'd already gotten emotionally invested into this situation and was missing out on family fun time

"Nah bud, this isn't coming on strong. That was you about two minutes ago. To me : |"

That said, once she glanced back and saw Vernal wasn't coming after them in icy vengeance, she began to slow their pace and took her arms off of them, taking a few more steps forward so she could pivot and be facing them both. She walked backwards at a much more relaxed pace that was a bit at odds with the concerned frown on her face as she clasped her real arm behind her back and rubbed it slightly.

Mercury heard her words and was just about cocky, petty, and in denial enough to pretty much immediately call it as a bluff.

"Mmm... Nah. You were all kinds of into it. Totally would've had you if we didn't have such a volatile preexisting relationship."

The words were thrown down the same way gauntlets were in professions involving bloodsport and octagons, Mercury's wall of cool, disaffected swagger back at full opacity now if Vernal had ever truly breached it at all. He dusted himself off with a smirk once she let them go, hoping the icy-chill front helped coax Emerald back to her more usual dark self too.

"...She'll be fine" She offered with a glance again towards Vernal as she walked on ahead. "You guys were all going at it pretty hard. emotions get high, I get it. I would've punched her real face instead of her mental one if she'd been talking like that about me."

She figured that was about about as much big sister energy that she'd be able to point towards these two before they collapsed under the sheer weight of cringe, so she made herself perk up into a grin as she raised an eyebrow

"...Soooooo... it seems like you and the goofballs trying to make a mistralian gymnastics team happen over there are kinda taking my teams' and our friends' place in all this... which means I gotta wonder... which one of you boys showed up to the Vytal dance in a dress?"

Emerald seemed a little more reluctant to shake off what just happened, one hand rubbing her elbow with clear unease. Her gaze shifted further downward at the question, the revelation of the extent of his new rival's insider trade info one that had Mercury stiffen up a little and raise his finger to object. "Uhhhhhhh..."

"...Roman... Had to for a bet... He's kinda one of the weird kids, so we told him we were gonna have to cut him loose socially for a few weeks, you know how it is. Then... t-then Mercury... pfft... M-Mercury... showed up in one too... so... so everyone thought... it was s-some kinda cool anti-establishment thing-"

The sticky-fingered huntress completely sacrificed whatever composure she'd managed to build back up since staring down the maiden just to tell that story, and a loud, uncouth snort marked her being taken by the giggles again, perhaps never to return. Mercury just shut his eyes and rubbed the back of his head as his partner completely lost it, blowing a particularly low-hanging lock of hair loose from his brow.

"Whatever, I was hot."

“...She probably had to say goodbye to hers too. You saw him back there. It’s already going to inevitably hurt when we get back to our own world, with both of you ending up having known a better version of your twin...but that doesn’t mean you have to shut her out while we’re here. Honestly, Uncle Qrow...I think it would do more good than hurt for you to have a better sister, even if for just a short time. And if her life is anything like yours, I think the same is true for her, only with a brother.” Ruby reached out to try and comfort her clearly depressed uncle.

“Cutting yourself off from something positive because you’re afraid of how much it’ll end up hurting...that’s not living. You gotta take the good with the bad.”

Last edited:
"Yep" he answered, forgoing his usual formal tone entirely

His face was plain, as if he accepted that answer with a nod.

Then he gingerly yanked him upwards and deposited him between the other two, before solemnly walking onwards.

Honestly, he kinda sometimes wished he was back home handling the irate longhorns of his family over his team. At least his teammates're lighter.

Then he gingerly yanked him upwards and deposited him between the other two, before solemnly walking onwards.

Honestly, he kinda sometimes wished he was back home handling the irate longhorns of his family over his team. At least his teammates're lighter.

*click*

That was the sound of Cinder's scroll as she took a selfie of all of them on Hazel's broad shoulders, the look on Watts' face in that moment forever saved for posterity. And in general saving a memory of them just being goofballs, so that if it was ever forgotten they could just look back to this picture and remember the good times. Cinder grinned widely at the camera, her free hand giving a thumbs up.​

Mercury heard her words and was just about cocky, petty, and in denial enough to pretty much immediately call it as a bluff.

"Mmm... Nah. You were all kinds of into it. Totally would've had you if we didn't have such a volatile preexisting relationship."

The words were thrown down the same way gauntlets were in professions involving bloodsport and octagons, Mercury's wall of cool, disaffected swagger back at full opacity now if Vernal had ever truly breached it at all. He dusted himself off with a smirk once she let them go, hoping the icy-chill front helped coax Emerald back to her more usual dark self too.

Yang's eyes narrowed in a way that in no way diminished her grin, and for a brief moment it seemed like she was getting ready to take Merc up on that direct challenge -

Emerald seemed a little more reluctant to shake off what just happened, one hand rubbing her elbow with clear unease. Her gaze shifted further downward at the question, the revelation of the extent of his new rival's insider trade info one that had Mercury stiffen up a little and raise his finger to object. "Uhhhhhhh..."

"...Roman... Had to for a bet... He's kinda one of the weird kids, so we told him we were gonna have to cut him loose socially for a few weeks, you know how it is. Then... t-then Mercury... pfft... M-Mercury... showed up in one too... so... so everyone thought... it was s-some kinda cool anti-establishment thing-"

The sticky-fingered huntress completely sacrificed whatever composure she'd managed to build back up since staring down the maiden just to tell that story, and a loud, uncouth snort marked her being taken by the giggles again, perhaps never to return. Mercury just shut his eyes and rubbed the back of his head as his partner completely lost it, blowing a particularly low-hanging lock of hair loose from his brow.

"Whatever, I was hot."

Except that she completely lost it at the verbal replay Emerald gave , busting out into a full bodied laugh that left her with her both her hands on her knees. It went on for a good minute as she got caught in the vicious cycle of 'laugh, see how hard other person is laughing, be reminded how funny it was, repeat' until finally she heaved in a breath and wiped at one of her eyes as she tried to straighten out and force the giggles to stop, only half succeeding. "W-wow. Both of you? Ok ok, no, as amazing as that image is, you get props for sticking with your team, through the easy times, and the uh, d-drafty ones. So if Roman's on you team, then its you, Emerald, Roman, and... Neo?"

The laughter slowly coasted from amused to nervous as her sentence finished, as when she looked back up she saw one other member of team MTEN had joined the conversation, at least in a sense. When exactly Neo had gotten between Yang and Em and Merc wasn't entirely clear to any of the three involved, but what was clear was that she wasn't happy about something as she stood there with arms crossed and quietly glaring up at Yang

5nVXBZA.png

"...Heeey there Ice Cream! Its uh, nice to meet you! I don't think we really got a chance to introduce ourselves before, I'm Yang!"
She offered with an absolute golden smile as she stuck out her hand.

5nVXBZA.png

The hand was not taken, and after a few seconds Yang slowly raised it to rub at the back of her head as she let her eyes drift away from Neo's

"...I uh, I-I heard you met your double. Must've been pretty hard, meeting someone who looked just like you who was definitely a much worse person than you are. Is it true that the first thing you did was kick her in the head? Preeetty understandable instinct once you got to know her, right?"

5nVXBZA.png

"C'mon work with me here"

Yang's eyes narrowed in a way that in no way diminished her grin, and for a brief moment it seemed like she was getting ready to take Merc up on that direct challenge -

Except that she completely lost it at the verbal replay Emerald gave , busting out into a full bodied laugh that left her with her both her hands on her knees. It went on for a good minute as she got caught in the vicious cycle of 'laugh, see how hard other person is laughing, be reminded how funny it was, repeat' until finally she heaved in a breath and wiped at one of her eyes as she tried to straighten out and force the giggles to stop, only half succeeding. "W-wow. Both of you? Ok ok, no, as amazing as that image is, you get props for sticking with your team, through the easy times, and the uh, d-drafty ones. So if Roman's on you team, then its you, Emerald, Roman, and... Neo?"

The laughter slowly coasted from amused to nervous as her sentence finished, as when she looked back up she saw one other member of team MTEN had joined the conversation, at least in a sense. When exactly Neo had gotten between Yang and Em and Merc wasn't entirely clear to any of the three involved, but what was clear was that she wasn't happy about something as she stood there with arms crossed and quietly glaring up at Yang

5nVXBZA.png

"...Heeey there Ice Cream! Its uh, nice to meet you! I don't think we really got a chance to introduce ourselves before, I'm Yang!" She offered with an absolute golden smile as she stuck out her hand.

5nVXBZA.png

The hand was not taken, and after a few seconds Yang slowly raised it to rub at the back of her head as she let her eyes drift away from Neo's

"...I uh, I-I heard you met your double. Must've been pretty hard, meeting someone who looked just like you who was definitely a much worse person than you are. Is it true that the first thing you did was kick her in the head? Preeetty understandable instinct once you got to know her, right?"

5nVXBZA.png

"C'mon work with me here"

Mercury fielded the torrential laughter with the resignation of someone who knew he'd probably been outrunning it for too long, but that didn't make him any less on edge as it quickly became apparent it just would not stop. "Yeah, well, as squad leader I wasn't just gonna let him embarrass us in front of everybody... Y-You know we were frontrunners to win the whole tournament, right? Emerald, remember how bad we beat up that second year chick who thought she was cooler than us and her giant boy toy? Emerald?"

His attempts to reach his dear partner were clearly a teardrop in the ocean as the thief kept right on laughing at him with this total stranger, and Mercury would've been squirming by now if he wasn't such a put together dude. What the hell. Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of deep familial bond between partners by now or something? Why did it feel like she was trying to trade him in for this... cheerleader?

His torment finally came to an end at the arrival of someone who redefined what it was to have a familial bond with a partner, and Yang quickly noticed a distinct lack of Emerald by her side anymore as the battle lines were finally properly redrawn, her and Mercury reuniting behind Neo's back to pass popular kid judgment now that Yang was the one in the hotseat.

"Ooh, someone never apologized."

"I know. I thought older chicks were meant to be responsible?"

"She can't be that much older, right?"

"Only by two years. Careful, Neo! She's like a fully licensed huntress and everything."

If Yang was curious as to the source of Emerald's wellspring of knowledge on her, the mystery was quickly dispelled by the sight of the illusionist squinting up at her Atlas license in the lowlight, various other contents of the blonde's pockets somehow in hand as they rifled through them like they were going through her purse at lunch.

"Hey, is that gum?"

Last edited:
“...She probably had to say goodbye to hers too. You saw him back there. It’s already going to inevitably hurt when we get back to our own world, with both of you ending up having known a better version of your twin...but that doesn’t mean you have to shut her out while we’re here. Honestly, Uncle Qrow...I think it would do more good than hurt for you to have a better sister, even if for just a short time. And if her life is anything like yours, I think the same is true for her, only with a brother.” Ruby reached out to try and comfort her clearly depressed uncle.

“Cutting yourself off from something positive because you’re afraid of how much it’ll end up hurting...that’s not living. You gotta take the good with the bad.”

tumblr_inline_o341tv7DGJ1r3leyb_100.png

Qrow looked over in what was meant to be a glance that ended up staying there as Ruby continued, thousand yard stare growing deeply thoughtful as if she was redefining an entire worldview over the course of just a few sentences. Then he opened his mouth, swiftly putting that notion to bed.

"You know you're pushy just like your mom, too." :|​

tumblr_inline_o341tv7DGJ1r3leyb_100.png

Qrow looked over in what was meant to be a glance that ended up staying there as Ruby continued, thousand yard stare growing deeply thoughtful as if she was redefining an entire worldview over the course of just a few sentences. Then he opened his mouth, swiftly putting that notion to bed.

"You know you're pushy just like your mom, too." :|​

“Maybe so, uncle. Maybe so. But that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.” :|​

Roman saw what was going on and walked around the blonde bruser who'd beaten up his buddy.

"Hey Merc, Em."

Taking his place by Neo, Roman leaned on Melodic Cudgel and eyed Yang.

"What's up?"

This Mistralian monkey gym was mobile and edging ever closer to its next set of targets.

"Hey!" Raven bellowed, cupping her hands around her mouth so as to better reach even the more distant folks. "If you're all done with...whatever it is you're doing-" Her eyes fixated on the big one carrying the whole rest of his team. "-we're here!" Raven finished, giving an over the shoulder thumbs up at the train station that was about thirty or so feet behind her. "Problem is, the next train coming through won't be here for a couple of hours at least. So you might want to all get comfortable for a while." That message delivered, she turned and strode in the direction of a nearby tree. Once under its cooling shade, she sat down against its trunk in a lotus position, seemingly content to wait out the time until the train got here with deep thought/keeping an eye out.

Cinder, meanwhile, leaped down off Hazel's shoulders upon hearing that news. As fun as that was, those hours could be better spent. The fall maiden was quick to dash up to the spring maiden. "Hey, Vernal--"

"Yes." The bandit replied, the very first word she'd spoken since her back and forth with Mercury and Emerald. Vernal didn't even put up a basic objection to the idea, seemingly super eager to do something to get her mind off of something.

"Oh, okay!" And here Cinder had been planning this whole passionate speech to try and persuade the other maiden. She followed close behind Vernal, who led her into a clearing that was a ways off from the others but still within sight. "So what's first?!"

"You tell me, kid."

"Well..." She stressed with an excited face, leaning over to whisper. Vernal just shrugged in response, not having it in her to refuse. She could already tell the kid would be annoying to be around, but the distraction was welcome. After a few moments, heavy gusts of wind swirled around the bandit as she rose like ten feet into the air and did her best to explain to Cinder. The fall maiden nodded vigorously, trying to replicate the feat...yet nothing happened, much to her chagrin. It was the same for the next four attempts.

"Focus."

Cinder gritted her teeth and closed her eyes, doing her utmost to concentrate...and this time a puff of wind briefly circled around her. "Hey, I felt that!" She remarked, eyes opening to catch sight of it. "...Yes, congratulations. You could blow over a toothpick."

"Hmph." Cinder pouted in response to the sarcasm, eyes sliding shut again. She didn't care how long it took, she was determined.

Ruby's gaze drifted over in the direction of where Yang was standing with Mercury and Emerald and Neo and Roman...her head tilted as she considered it, a shrug following soon after. She turned to nod in farewell to her uncle for now before she started to dash over to that group.​

Mercury fielded the torrential laughter with the resignation of someone who knew he'd probably been outrunning it for too long, but that didn't make him any less on edge as it quickly became apparent it just would not stop. "Yeah, well, as squad leader I wasn't just gonna let him embarrass us in front of everybody... Y-You know we were frontrunners to win the whole tournament, right? Emerald, remember how bad we beat up that second year chick who thought she was cooler than us and her giant boy toy? Emerald?"

His attempts to reach his dear partner were clearly a teardrop in the ocean as the thief kept right on laughing at him with this total stranger, and Mercury would've been squirming by now if he wasn't such a put together dude. What the hell. Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of deep familial bond between partners by now or something? Why did it feel like she was trying to trade him in for this... cheerleader?

His torment finally came to an end at the arrival of someone who redefined what it was to have a familial bond with a partner, and Yang quickly noticed a distinct lack of Emerald by her side anymore as the battle lines were finally properly redrawn, her and Mercury reuniting behind Neo's back to pass popular kid judgment now that Yang was the one in the hotseat.

"Ooh, someone never apologized."

"I know. I thought older chicks were meant to be responsible?"

"She can't be that much older, right?"

"Only by two years. Careful, Neo! She's like a fully licensed huntress and everything."

If Yang was curious as to the source of Emerald's wellspring of knowledge on her, the mystery was quickly dispelled by the sight of the illusionist squinting up at her Atlas license in the lowlight, various other contents of the blonde's pockets somehow in hand as they rifled through them like they were going through her purse at lunch.

"Hey, is that gum?"
Roman saw what was going on and walked around the blonde bruser who'd beaten up his buddy.

"Hey Merc, Em."

Taking his place by Neo, Roman leaned on Melodic Cudgel and eyed Yang.

"What's up?"
As the full weight of the MTEN stare of disapproval started to fall upon her and she realized that they all definitely knew she was the one who'd clocked their tiny monster-shaped friend , Yang fidgeted with a few strands of her golden locks as she wore an indignant frown, her other hand against her hip as she stared off into the treeline.

"I-I mean, I dunno if an apology is really necessary, is it? I thought she was someone else, that someone else tried to impale me, it's like, this whole thing. Wait. how did you know that-" she started as she focused back on her accusers and saw that Emerald had her scroll.

Unlike the others' sudden moves being obfuscated by semblance and subtly, it was completely obvious how Yang got right up in Emerald and Mercury's space, and any surprise came from just how much speed and force she put into the rocket of a charge she suddenly took. Her expression screamed life or death, eyes red and face taut as she pulled her fist back... to snatch the scroll away, skidding to a halt a few feet past as her momentum carried her too far. She looked down at the scroll to make sure she hadn't cracked it in her fervor, and she let out a deep, relieved sigh as she seemed to deflate now that it was back in her hands. Only then did she look back up, a sheepish, troubled frown on her face as she rubbed her arm and almost immediately broke the eye contact.

"... s-sorry. This just... it has the only pictures and stuff I've got of my partner and everyone else back home and... ehh..."

Yang really wasn't big on apologizing when she didn't have to. Hell, she wasn't that big on apologizing in general. But that jolt of panic had reminded her just how out of place she was here, and how tenuous her connection with her own timeline might be, for who knew how long. Making (more) enemies when she already felt so utterly out of sorts probably wasn't gonna pay off in the long run.

"... I'm sorry about socking you. It... was a weird night for me, but...not really an excuse or... you guys can keep the gum?"

She huffed and started to turn to leave, but despite whatever deep awkwardness Yang was feeling at the situation, something made her pause as her face scrunched up.

1582400497113.png
Neo was still wearing the exact same expression. In fact, she hadn't even changed the direction she was facing, now glowering off into the woods in the complete opposite direction of Yang.

"Uh. Is she ok-"

Neo's brief foray to the train station's gift shop, having slipped ahead of the crowd earlier, had paid dividends. She wasn't really comfortable just demolishing someone with violence from a semblance ambush outside of a fight, but this was a nice compromise, and she was absolutely delighted to see Yang achieve almost a four foot vertical as the novelty air horn went off right in her ear.

Watts had tried to box Tyrian out of his attempts at physical affection, because while Tyrian was certainly the more deft technical fighter, Watts was still a hunter (in training), and their physicality wasn't so entirely far apart.

As Hazel's massive hand reached down for the hem of his jacket, Watts didn't even bother moving, his face simply falling into a resigned dismay as he was lifted up with his arms crossed.

"Hmmmmmmmm."

*click*

That was the sound of Cinder's scroll as she took a selfie of all of them on Hazel's broad shoulders, the look on Watts' face in that moment forever saved for posterity. And in general saving a memory of them just being goofballs, so that if it was ever forgotten they could just look back to this picture and remember the good times. Cinder grinned widely at the camera, her free hand giving a thumbs up.​

"HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM."

Cinder, meanwhile, leaped down off Hazel's shoulders upon hearing that news. As fun as that was, those hours could be better spent. The fall maiden was quick to dash up to the spring maiden. "Hey, Vernal--"

If Cinder wasn't up here anymore, Watts certainly wasn't going to put up with it, and he rolled off the back of his teammate's shoulders with a backwards flip and landed deftly on his feet, his rings flickering to life as a few AR screens popped up in front of him. "I'll put together a travel plan so we have to make the fewest stops, not sure if this line connects direct to Haven." He said to no one in particular

Last edited:
He was content to let his companions slide off his shoulders as the merry exercise had reached its end when they arrived. There was faint, knowing smirk as Watts disembarked. Hazel knew somewhere deep down in the misanthropy there, Arthur appreciated the interaction even if it had been forced upon him. Gods forbid he'd admit that much though, and it was with that knowledge that Hazel was self-assured in his approximation. He stepped towards the station as he added.

"I'll ask about news from Mistral inside."

And so he marched on, completely under the impression Tyrian would probably stay fast to his perch or something.

And so he marched on, completely under the impression Tyrian would probably stay fast to his perch or something.
You could bet the farm that Tyrian stayed where he was. Content to enjoy his partner's company. "I'm absolutely swelling with excitement! The four of us, together with Team WTCH, on our way to save the world! Plus from this vantage point, I can watch your back and you can watch our front!"

Neo's brief foray to the train station's gift shop, having slipped ahead of the crowd earlier, had paid dividends. She wasn't really comfortable just demolishing someone with violence from a semblance ambush outside of a fight, but this was a nice compromise, and she was absolutely delighted to see Yang achieve almost a four foot vertical as the novelty air horn went off right in her ear.
Melodic Cudgel clattred to the ground and Roman took a step forward.

"Neo..."

He then broke out into a grin.

"That was...TOTALLY AWESOME!! You got 'Blondie' good!"

He reached forward seemingly to give his partner a hug....and also try to fish his wallet out of Neo's back pocket.​

"... I'm sorry about socking you. It... was a weird night for me, but...not really an excuse or... you guys can keep the gum?"

"Good, cuz I washn't gonna shpit it out." Mercury affirmed, having shoved at least three sticks in his mouth before anyone could stop him.

The remark helped leak some tension out of the situation like air from a balloon, or at least that was the hope. With no indication of what Yang was planning or what her sudden rush for Emerald meant, their team's erstwhile leader had to make do with what he could read on Yang's face, and the forecast wasn't good; with that in mind, it probably came as no surprise (at least in hindsight) that the silver haired combat specialist was quick on the defense, actually swinging a spinning heel kick for Yang's jaw that the huntress had to dodge or otherwise evade to complete her charge.

He had already spun to to throw another one when he caught up on what was actually going on, and he kind of froze there for a second with one foot hovering at eye level before Emerald gave him a look that immediately made him swallow like, half his gum. He whistled and relaxed his whole stance, making it seem like he was just in the process of doing some really strange looking quad stretches.

"... s-sorry. This just... it has the only pictures and stuff I've got of my partner and everyone else back home and... ehh..."

"Uh-huh..." The thief replied with a wary, somewhat suspicious squint, mostly just perplexed. She knew her habits kind of pushed the boundaries of social propriety a little, but people usually never got too in her face about it because she was cute. Not a fact she took the most pride in, but growing up poor meant you had to check your ego at the door and learn to use every asset at your disposal, and it was pretty hilarious how far a winning smile and pair of big, apologetic eyes went when you were caught.

Otherwise, she was mainly trying to envision a mutual bond with someone strong enough to make the blonde go all-business like that. Frankly she was coming up dead short. Vernal had been about an inch or so to the right of the mark in her dissection earlier; Emerald did in fact catch herself getting attached sometimes, but they were feelings she tended to chop down with a harsh joke or cutting remark pretty much as soon as she became aware of them. It was for her own protection. The kind of company she kept in her youth, the places she ended up sleeping and scrounging in to survive, they were sort of like a rat race. Deception was as thick as the air, and you never knew when the smile someone was giving you was one of genuine kindness and affection and when somebody just wanted something from you. It was a lesson Emerald had learned the hard way, so many times, until she decided she was done.

Goddammit if she didn't like having friends though.

"...Any fun ones? Pictures I mean." She quickly clarified, trying not to sound too eager. Seemed they had some time to kill anyway.

Mercury smoothly transitioned out of his ballerina stretches. "Yeah, this should be good. Let's see the dweebs you hang out with."

"Honestly, you probably owe her a thank-you more than an apology. I bet if Neo wanted to drop you that night she probably would've."
Mercury added with an infuriatingly confident smirk, crossing his arms. Added loudly and almost directly into Yang's ear, since yeah.

He reached forward seemingly to give his partner a hug....and also try to fish his wallet out of Neo's back pocket.

Emerald also saw this happening and gave an insidious smirk to herself. Oh that sweet summer child.​

Mercury smoothly transitioned out of his ballerina stretches. "Yeah, this should be good. Let's see the dweebs you hang out with."

"Hey!" Ruby yelled, overhearing that as her run brought her in earshot of the group. "We are not dweebs." The very notion of that was preposterous. "In fact we are the coolest team of Beacon that...never actually graduated. Isn't that right, Yang?" She added, holding out a hand for a sisterly epic fistbump. "We didn't even have to graduate to get our licenses, we just had to be ourselves...and by that I mean we kept being awesome until somebody recognized it!"

SPPAKEh.png

"Hey!" Ruby yelled, overhearing that as her run brought her in earshot of the group. "We are not dweebs." The very notion of that was preposterous. "In fact we are the coolest team of Beacon that...never actually graduated. Isn't that right, Yang?" She added, holding out a hand for a sisterly epic fistbump. "We didn't even have to graduate to get our licenses, we just had to be ourselves...and by that I mean we kept being awesome until somebody recognized it!"

SPPAKEh.png

Mercury actually gagged.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back