Other Discussion:| How do you define life? (What is the meaning of life)

I usually define it as, there is no true absolute meaning to life really, it's really about how you see life from your own perspective as you as an indivudual see the world differently. There's no solid answer, just different perspectives.

Of course from a biological perspective I understand that, but what about on a larger scale then that?

What do you think? What is your perspective/meaning of life?

Do you mean life in the sense of “being alive” or do you mean life in the sense of “existence” for this question?

I wish I knew the meaning of life and I struggle with that often but I'd like to believe there is no central idea for everyone. Each person has a different meaning to their existence. I'm unsure whether you are meant to create that meaning or find it, but I believe it would be the former as most people seem to seek happiness. If most people are just trying to seek happiness I feel like the meaning of life has less to do with anything cosmic or thought-provoking and just what our monkey brains want. Which means there is no meaning? If so, why are any of us alive? I have no idea, nothing makes sense. I hope I find my meaning one day.

I wish I knew the meaning of life and I struggle with that often but I'd like to believe there is no central idea for everyone. Each person has a different meaning to their existence. I'm unsure whether you are meant to create that meaning or find it, but I believe it would be the former as most people seem to seek happiness. If most people are just trying to seek happiness I feel like the meaning of life has less to do with anything cosmic or thought-provoking and just what our monkey brains want. Which means there is no meaning? If so, why are any of us alive? I have no idea, nothing makes sense. I hope I find my meaning one day.

Can be pretty depressing. To be honest, maybe because it's due to the biological proceses of us existing that might come into play.

I usually define it as, there is no true absolute meaning to life really, it's really about how you see life from your own perspective as you as an indivudual see the world differently. There's no solid answer, just different perspectives.

Of course from a biological perspective I understand that, but what about on a larger scale then that?

What do you think? What is your perspective/meaning of life?
What do you mean by "meaning"?

The meaning of life is to realize you don't exist and everything is the same thing. There is no reason to seek immortality because the soul is has already gone through different lives.

The existence of life is an inevitability. Given the timespan of infinity, something inevitably HAS to happen. Theists like to think that the presence of life (and especially humankind) is too perfect to have happened of its own volition. But if you run the numbers... well eventually this "perfect condition" will always come around. Questioning the meaning of life is basically questioning the existence of math. Finding meaning in existence is irrelevant and short-sighted. Things happen because they have to. Because nothing exists inertly forever.

I often compare the meaning of life to Ouroboros, in which I shed my old self to become something new from my experiences in life. Basically life itself is a metaphorical rebirth cycle for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back