• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Discovering the World (Forum RP)

Cortex said:
@Elegy
Looks great! I will reply a bit further on this character since there's a bit more background written about him, but I want you to consider if he was born in The North or in The South, since he worked for a lord, and there are definitely no lords in The Center.

Other than that, I think it looks fine. Like I said, will read it more carefully when I get back. The powers look fine and the goal is very good, fits the setting well.

I was going to also add another template to the character creation that I stupidly forgot; personality. We have the core group of people ready right now, so all of you who have posted your characters, could you add in another post about their personality? And then edit that into the template? Thank you! My character should be uploaded tonight as well.
Thank you, I intentionally made the sign up sheet vague so as to not assume many details, although I fear I have already assumed too much with the assumed feudal system.

@Serastroph

I haven't really seen Tera, but now that I research what you are talking about, there does seem to be similarities. My basis for my character's power came from the legend of Siegfried from the Nibelungenlied, a German epic.

Hey y'all, I finished illustrating Ryouta!

http://puu.sh/bySI6/dcf2915b87.jpg

EDIT: ... Son of a-

I forgot to add his tail. Will put the updated link up in a sec.

EDIT 2: Added the tail and updated the link. Sorry about that. 
After confirming things with the GM, I went ahead and made a few slight changes to my character's skills, since I felt he was rather unremarkable in comparison to the rest of you guys.

Still no magic swag on my part, but Ryouta can now be put to a bit more use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brynn Riptide

Race:

Human

Male

Looks:

Brynn looks somewhat older than his age. He has slight, rough beard and a somewhat untended face. His eyes are blue and glimmer in contrast to his brown facial hair. His hair hangs down past his ears and down to his jaw in length. His facial expression is hard to read as it jumps between passive, sarcastically teasing and bitter. He has a rather clear posture and but always seem to walk lightly. Brynn wears a dark, brown tunic on his torso. It is tied together with knots over the chest and goes halfway down his arms. Under the tunic he wears a battered chainmail. His trousers are fairly similar to his torso in color and worn out look.

Furthermore, Brynn carries a few visible weapons; by his ribs he has strapped a couple of throwing daggers, tightly stuck to his body and easily thrown in the same movement as they are drawn, his straightsword, stuck in its sheath in his belt and a large, beautiful dagger strapped to his belt by his back.

Background:

Brynn's first memories were only of the street, hiding in the sever to stay warm during the night and stealing whatever he could find to stay alive. The only comfort and kindness he had known as a child was what the Thieves' Guild had showed him after taking him in. After he was taken in by the city's underbelly, things got easier. He had a place to call home and people to call friends. Life was easier, life was good even. While lacking in riches and a distinct future, Brynn had the freedom to go wherever he wanted and do whatever he wanted.

During his time with the thieves, Brynn learned the tools of the trade. They taught him how to hide, sneak, steal, fight, pick locks and eventually, when he got older, they taught him how to fight and kill. He practiced with several different weapons, and while he wasn't very proficient with blunt or ranged weapons, his talent with blades gave him quick recognition both in the guild and the city's underbelly as a whole. Day in and day out he trained, not only his physique, but also reading; Brynn was determined to learn how to read and after a year or two he could read and write the common tongue.

When, by his own estimation, Brynn was around sixteen years old, the guild was raided by a rivaling guild and there was a gory, brutal battle about the riches in the den. That was the first time Brynn had ever killed, and he despite his body telling him to run, he stood his ground to protect one of the few things in this world he cherished. As he saw the people who had sheltered him fall next to him, Brynn felt a burning sensation in his body. He couldn't place the pain, it felt as if it was coursing through his body, as if his very blood was on fire. The more bloodlusted he got the more ferociously it burnt and suddenly a ring of fire erupted at his feet. With every cut, a wave of flames followed, his sword covered in the crimson ember. As he had no idea how to control it, Brynn set his own tunic on fire and burned his back badly, forcing him to escape the burning den to try to get to the water of the harbor. When he got to the dark harbor, he fell into the water and as the cold liquid covered his burnt skin, he screamed into the dark waters.

Brynn lived on his own after that, living from day to day, stealing what he needed to survive and hurting whoever came in his path. It took a few years for Brynn's blood to cool. When he realized that there was not justice in all retribution, he tried to protect the innocents, but every time he got into a heated battle, the burning sensation in his body would take over and his burning sword found its way to his enemy's gut.

His vow to protect the innocents was only words to help him sleep at night, but in the end he could never protect those who had nothing. He could only murder those who would steal from the people with nothing to give, and the people who stole are also people with little to nothing to give.

Who protects the weak from the man who protects the weak?

It broke his spirit, piece by piece, until eventually he gave up on his path of justice, seeking instead a solitary life in The North, perhaps even beyond Aydel's shores. But Brynn wouldn't make it that far, as he was apprehended by guards on his way there and thrown into a jail, making no attempts to escape his fate. He was tired of running.

As the execution (Brynn presumed) was to be held in the northern capital, the wagon he was kept inside moved with a caravan, which was eventually attacked by a large monster. As his prison cart was thrown into the air and crashed heavily into the ground, Brynn found the roof to be completely smashed and crawled his way out of it, ready to make one last effort for the redemption of his soul.

Family:

None that Brynn knows of, and if they are alive that couldn't care less about him.

Personality:

Brynn is a solitary person, but still very much enjoys the company of others. He has a sarcastic way of getting points across and a very harsh, truthful way of conversing. He is neither optimistic nor pessimistic, but tries to make the best of his situation. While he will go out of his way to save himself, he will try just as hard to help people he deems good to this world. He is sarcastic, bitter and sometimes easygoing.

Goals:

Brynn seeks justice for his sins and redemption of his soul, one last time. If he can't find it, he has decided to travel north to find his death.

Skills:

Brynn is a natural fighter. He is an expert and swordplay and can flexibly fight with two blades at once. He knows where to hit for it to hurt and has good battle instincts and reflexes. His training with the thieves also taught him how to mask himself in shadows and how to brew poisons. His days as a child surviving with no money has also increased his survival skills, making him very efficient at surviving harsh environments with little food.

The downsides to his solitary life is his distrust of others and gray view of life. He knows little etiquette and his mental state is rather questionable.

Supernatural Abilities:

Brynn has very strong Spirit magic, but no direct ability to control it. The only way he knows to channel it is through pain or anger, which causes flames to erupt around him and cover his blades in a crimson glow. It then follows his moves and burns down that which surrounds him.

Equipment:

Brynn's weapons were brought with the caravan to further prove he is the criminal they are after. He currently wields his straight sword, six throwing knives, a big, beautiful curved dagger and a couple of poison vials. Other than that he carries standard survival gear.

I was half expecting you to make this kind of character, good to see you're keeping your trademark anti-hero intact :D

[QUOTE="Cross_Rhodes]This hasn't started yet, has it? I thought I'd make sure.

[/QUOTE]
Not yet, no. Still having problems with the forums.

Just for clarification: When I wrote the introduction part I was under the impression that the adventure would start off with us facing off against the creature/s causing the crash in the first place. Was that the intended opening or did you forget to remove it?

Also, can't wait to start this RP. Everyone's so different, it's going to be interesting to see how the interactions will turn out.

Yeah. Pretty excited, myself. We have definitely got a variety of character types. 
Huh. Guess I need to update my background a bit more. Wasn't entirely sure how everything was going to play up, but it looks like you, at least, Cortex, covered everything up to the starting point you noted earlier. Making a few adjustments to my own background. ^_^

AshenLily said:
Yeah. Pretty excited, myself. We have definitely got a variety of character types. 
Huh. Guess I need to update my background a bit more. Wasn't entirely sure how everything was going to play up, but it looks like you, at least, Cortex, covered everything up to the starting point you noted earlier. Making a few adjustments to my own background. ^_^
You don't have to write it like I did. It just kinda fit when I was writing it. Joining a caravan to travel isn't that uncommon.

Serastroph said:
Just for clarification: When I wrote the introduction part I was under the impression that the adventure would start off with us facing off against the creature/s causing the crash in the first place. Was that the intended opening or did you forget to remove it?
Also, can't wait to start this RP. Everyone's so different, it's going to be interesting to see how the interactions will turn out.
We can start off fighting vs the monster. I don't mind. As long as the caravan is destroyed.

Eh. Elaborated. I'd like at least a bit of background first, personally. As in, some sort of small breather before we begin killing/getting killed. Haha. :P But that's just me, personally. :3

Our group has a lot of quick and crafty fighters with basically only my character being damage soak. Im sure nobody dies as long as my char can provide protection.

Speaking of which, how strong are the monsters going to be?

Cortex said:
Welcome, one and all, to a roleplaying adventure where you will fight for your survival along with your party.
Generic? Maybe. Let me get into details.

What follows below is a brief description of the general story of the starting RP.

Type: Fantasy

Races: Keep it rather humanoid. While I don't mind the occasional animality (they would live in the Center (see below for more information)), there can't be too many crazy races running around. If you are unsure, please ask. There's no reason we can't compromise.

Story: (This is where it gets long)

Your character is travelling, for one reason or another. He/She may be an adventurer, a doctor, heck, whatever you want, really. The point is, you are currently on a convoy heading to the small town of Saltbottom, which is a bustling city filled with all kinds of people, merchants, and dangers. Unfortunately for you, the convoy is attacked by a ferocious monster halfway trough, and the carriages are destroyed one after another.

YOU play the role of a character who lived through the events and is now finding him/herself in a battle for his life against the creature who caused your peril in the first place. Whether you play a battle-oriented character or not, your first task will be to survive the battle against the fiend that caused you to be stranded in the middle of the Ahkaja forest, far from civilization. Your only help is your own skill and those fortunate enough to survive the catastrophe that has befallen you.

Will you take up your sword and fight?

Will you apply your knowledge of the lands to find the safest path for the party to travel?

Whatever your skills may be, you will have to find a use for them in the forest of Ahkaja until you reach civilization in The North.

----

This is a introductory adventure to introduce you the continent of Aydel. I will use previously written history to make the world more alive. Political battles, a cold war heating up and your character is in the middle of it all. What you do with it is up to you and your choice could alter the destiny of the entire land.

A very basic rundown of the history is as follows:

"The North" is often described as the birthplace of magic. The country houses many different kinds of creatures, humanoid or the like, and is official open to all intelligent beings. However, beneath the kind surface lies an unwritten law of disdain against those not visably human. While they are not excluded by law, extremists are around every corner and magic is still something to be shunned and scolded.

It is ruled by an old king, and the throne is the clear goal of all of the people close to him. While the internal struggle is strong, as is the external. "The South" is the large deserts and mountains to the far south of Aydel. It was previously ruled by the late King Amses II, who was assassinated under mysterious circumstances a few months prior to the start of the roleplay. The South is now in chaos, and many people are escaping the country, either fleeing to the uninhabited lands between the south and the north, where no kings rule but also where there is no soft tavern bed for the night, or taking refuge in The North, despite the clear prevalent dislike of southerners in The North.

You are for some reason part of a caravan travelling towards the town of Saltbottom in The North. That is when the adventure begins.

----

I am looking for somewhat experienced roleplayers that can handle the free level of raw power allowed in the creation of your character as well as the general, raw tone of the land. Aydel is a magical country, but it is also cold and cruel, which I am looking for people who can emphasise. Human racism and so on is not uncommon, brutal murders and political deception are all core part of this cold, whimsical land.

If you are interested, fill out the template below and I'll be available if you have any questions on the setting, the magic, the characters, and so on and so forth.

Name: (keep it medieval)

Race: (keep it humanoid, playing a human is fine)

Looks:

Background:

Family:

Goals:
(Not required, but you should have some form of goal. This might of course change over the course of the RP!)

Skills: (If there's something you would like to emphasise. Thievery, fishing, hunting, linguistics, you name it.)

Supernatural Abilities: (Magic is allowed, and we can of course be flexible with inventing new types of abilities, but if you have something crazy in mind, discuss it with me first)

Equipment: (That he/she carries with him and could have survived the attack).

----

If nothing else, I very much look forward to roleplay with you and I hope that we can create an enticing story together!

Sounds very intriguing. The only problem is that this is my first day on the site and I haven't role-played in about 30 years. I don't even know where to begin. If anyone has any advice and I can create an interesting character and not be a dead weight to the team then I'll happily join up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to get started. 
Also, my new username is Enlil50, just to avoid any future confusing. 
confusion

Enlil50 said:

Sounds very intriguing. The only problem is that this is my first day on the site and I haven't role-played in about 30 years. I don't even know where to begin. If anyone has any advice and I can create an interesting character and not be a dead weight to the team then I'll happily join up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to get started. 
Also, my new username is Enlil50, just to avoid any future confusing. 
confusion
Hi! I'm very sorry to say, but we have hit the maximum number of players for this first session, though there will be a continuation with different story lines where you are very welcome to join.

Also, welcome back to roleplaying! I am positive that there are several other RPs you can find on the site that would suite you well!

We are full at this moment; I will get back to you if a spot should open up. Thank you for your interest, though!

Alright, should we just do this in a normal RP thread? If the forum creation still isn't working, we might as well try it out and see if it's worth the trouble of creating a forum.

What do you guys think?

The OP of this thread vanished at the end of September so this thread is probably inactive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back