• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Discord High School: Season 1 - A New Beginning

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

virgilrey

Everything was... odd in small-town Silicon Valley, California. The Summer of 1985 had a huge introduction to the school system. Discord High, a new high school that was going to shake up the local WASVC (Web Athletic Silicon Valley Conference.) The school was being built at a rapid pace, and the staff was being picked up left and right. They were planning on starting by the beginning of the next school year, and boy did they start. No one really expected that the school would be done so quickly, especially near the newly constructed Skype High. Every school at the conference was freaking out at the addition of not only one, but two new schools that were relatively near each other. Not only that but a bill that was signed earlier that year was going to take a randomly selected group of kids and put them to the newly developed DHS. A bunch of new kids that have never met each other will be transferred to a school they never heard of. The sports team, named the Discord Bots, is fresh and upcoming, so there will not be a championship team there. Everyone is scrambling to find their identity in the new Discord High. You are the freshmen class, the first true class of Discord High. How will you make your mark? How will you make a difference in the new Discord High? Will you win the championship? Fail? Stir up drama so deep and juicy that even the teachers want a scoop? Well, here we are to see what will happen in this season of Discord High School!

(Side Note: I will announce time changes. When it's lunch, it will be lunch, etc. I will also implement time skips when needed.)
August 20th, 1985- Entrance Ceremony. Welcome to Discord High.
Everything is coming together for Mr. Freeman, the African-American principal of Discord High. He is a tall and lanky man, has long dreadlocks with a dark brown color. He stands at the podium on the top of the stage, at the end of the High School Auditoriam. He stands confidently as students start to flood the room. Many of them are looking for some familiar faces, which are few and far between. You may be lucky and find a friend who was also caught in the cross fires of transfer, but it's very unlikely, especially as a freshman. As everyone get's situated, he begins to prepare his speech.

Samantha, was at the forefront of the outpouring of students. She confidently strode, as if she was taller than all of them. As she sat down on her own, she glanced around the room. She was searching for her goal. What was her goal? To be the queen bee of Discord High of course! This was her chance for a new beginning. A shot to be more than the girl who sold dresses at lower prices to the popular kids. She could be the girl that younger kids, are trying to impress. She knew that hardly anybody knew her here. That was just how she liked it. She leaned back in her chair, and glanced over her shoulder. “Hey” she said nonchalantly, at the person sitting behind her. Who said that you had to wait until high school began before becoming popular?

Ember

She stood in the middle of the crowd as it made its way to the auditorium. Ember felt a bit uncomfortable as she didn't recognize anyone, but one can't let themselves be bothered by such matters. A closed-door would mean a new one will open, and so it did. She planned on gathering info about everyone this way she would be untouchable. For now, she needed to find the bitchiest person in the room. No Regina George will stay in power without their Gretchen, she chuckled in her mind.
Bingo! The short girl with darker skin looked like the perfect first contact. She stood with way too much confidence to be a nobody. Ember scooted behind her and took a seat. To her surprise, the girl leaned over and greeted her.
"Hey! hey! My name is Ember Maria Duke! What is yours?" she beamed with her warmest voice.

Mention: tamarapasek tamarapasek

Nathan Westwood

A large group or students seem to be laughing as they proceed to the auditorium, Nathan, of course was part of the group. He was already making new friends. It probably wouldn’t take much time before he was known all around the school. The large group takes a sit, “I still can’t believe we were transferred here. What about my friends ?” a boy says, Nathan nods with his head, sharing the same feeling. He takes a look around the auditorium, there’s some interesting folks around. He isn’t sure who is who and who will cause more drama, but he has a feeling this year will be full of it. “Well well.. what does the principal have to say ?” he isn’t a fan of these opening ceremonies, they take too much time and annoy him a little bit.

For Nathan, school is just a place to socialize and get into sports, he is an athlete after all. He doesn’t take studies very seriously and is sure that his abilities on football will get him a good place as he gets older. For now it’s all about enjoying life and making friends. There is a small group of students who seem to be getting his attention, maybe he should talk with them later.

Sinus smiled a goofy smile, the smell of weed on his black clothes and pale hands as he sat down behind this preppy looking boy, with brown hair. He was happy to be here since he wasn't a fan of his old school. Unorganized, Boring, and he had to get high before coming to school because the area surrounding the school was barren; no place to hide.

As soon as he got here he already made friends with people sharing similar interests with him. Which enabled him to get high at school by a building nearby. He didn't mind making new friends, but it was a bummer he didnt see any of his previous friends. He voiced this opinion aloud, not really directed to anybody, but he got a response from the boy that sat in front of him. He simply chuckled as a reply, and leaned back in his seat. "Now, what does this principal have to say?" He didn't hate authority, but obviously he couldn't be hunky dory with them. He had low expectations from this principal, but he waited to see what would happen next, without too many assumptions

Mentions: Nobuzout Nobuzout

Elentiya (Elie) Locke

As the other kids around her poured into the auditorium, Elie skipped along. All she saw was a sea of back and shoulders. But that's what happens when you are 4' 8" and a whopping 97 pounds. People mistake you for a kid. Happens a lot.

As the kids spread out, she was finally able to get a view of where she was. Hurrying, she heads to the nearest empty seat, which happens to be by a group of rowdy boys. The "jock" clique if she had to guess. Elie herself never fit into one group. She is friendly with everyone, wih friends in every clique. But people also call her "childish" which can be slightly annoying.

She sits in the empty seat near the boys. Because of her height, her feet don't touch the ground, so she ends up swinging her legs back and forth. She smiles and looks around, eyes bright as she takes in this new place with a wonder only found in children. As if she had never been to school before.

Interactions (kinda?): Nobuzout Nobuzout Breathless Breathless

“Samantha Banks” she answered coolly. She eyed the redhead, almost glaring them down. Inside there was a bit of confusion going on. Did she know this lady? Was she some old client that she’d forgotten about? “Impossible.”She told herself. She would never forget a client. So what did she want? She would have thought that she was some social climber, but that was impossible. She wasn’t popular YET. It was possible she was trying to play the long game too, but she doubted it. She didn’t think that she screamed power just yet. Sure she had been the one to greet her, but she responded too positively to just be a normal person. “I’m sorry do I know you? She questioned, already knowing that she didn’t.

Ember

Samantha......yeah she had made a perfect choice. Even though this Sam seemed to have a bit of brain to herself. She was too guarded, but not to worry nobody can stay rude if you kill them with kindness. Ember could see the cogs turning the girl's head. Maybe having someone smart for an acquaintance wasn't so bad after all. Samantha could be the one person she could geek out about stuff......or maybe not them such relationships are dangerous. Ember had almost expected the question to pop up.
"No, no, no," she shook her head:" but don't worry, I get asked this all the time. I guess I am just one of those faces"
Ember flashed the girl a goofy grin and took a quick glance around the room. There were a few interesting faces she most likely needed to check out but that she'll do at another time. Her eyes did stop on the principal.
"What a goofy man, don't you think?" Ember chuckled to Sam.

Mentions: tamarapasek tamarapasek

Sinus's thoughts, and words were slightly interrupted as he heard a slight squeak of a chair behind him. He was dangerously curious, making him turn around and smile at whomever was behind him. His beanie fit his head perfectly, and his red eyes flaunted his high induced state as he greeted a small girl. It kind of shocked him to see how short this girl was. He was an average height, but he had never seen someone so short before, and he had to stifle a laugh almost. It made him feel giant, and it got to his head a bit. His impulsivity got the best of him, and he spoke his opinion. "Wow, I was going to introduce myself, but your height is more interesting, do you think you'll grow anymore?" His smile was a smirky one, but his eyes were kind. He didnt mean it maliciously. Joking was how he got along with others, he hoped this girl would catch on, and not take too much offense.

Mentions: TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

The same squeaking was heard by the athlete, who didn’t make much of It. His attention was also focused on the guys around him, who were talking about the team, discussing positions and possible leaders. "Wow, I was going to introduce myself, but your height is more interesting, do you think you'll grow anymore?" that line breaks his thoughts as he slowly turns around, a small grin on his face as he notices a very small girl. And his grin turns into a big smile, “She is really small ain’t she ?” he speaks directly to the beanie wearing guy who seems to be holding some laughter “don’t mind your height, you’re pretty cute" he laughs, not in a mockery way but rather a welcoming laugh. “Alright, you two seem ok, give me some names. I'm Nathan Westwood. Whenever this boring meeting ends, we can hang out before the classes start, what do you say ?”

He turns back to his group of friends who seem to be mocking him in a playful way “Wooah, I thought we were going to be hanging out bro. You already found new friends ?” one of he jocks says and receives a small tap on the shoulder by Nathan “We are already friends, besides we are playing on the same team. I'll be seeing your ugly faces around way too often” the others laugh and he returns to beanie and shorty. “Anyways, don’t you two just hate this ceremonies.. quite boring right ? That principal better hurry up, I'm already very bored"

Mentions : Breathless Breathless TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

Elentiya's eyes immediately snap to the guy in the beanie as he spoke to her. 'Wow, I was going to introduce myself, but your height is more interesting, do you think you'll grow anymore?' Almost instantly, her childish demeanor disappears, replaced by a frown. She opens her mouth to snap a remark back, but before she can, the jock in front of the beanie guy turns around and speaks too. 'She is really small ain’t she?' Her frown deepens. "I didn't asķ to be this small!" She cries idignantly. The jock says one more thing, 'Don't mind your height, you're pretty cute.'

Her face immediately flushes as he laughs. His laugh is contagious though and soon she is chuckling softly. 'Alright, you two seem ok, give me some names. I'm Nathan Westwood. Whenever this boring meeting ends, we can hang out before the classes start, what do you say?' She smiles brightly, her bubbly personality once again returning. She places her hands under her thighs, swinging her legs again. "I'm Elentiya Locke. But most people find that to be a mouthful and end up calling me Elie for short. I would love to hang out after this!" She gives a wide smile.

Interactions: Nobuzout Nobuzout Breathless Breathless

She continued to stare at the girl. She couldn’t comprehend being so nice without a motive. It was frustrating not knowing what someone wanted. If she had a clue then she could make sure that she could give it to her, or pacify her if her desire was too much. Did she want to be the Queen Bee too? Couldn’t be. Though Samantha knee she didn’t scream posse material, she also knew that it would make more sense to attach yourself to someone more established than you. She had considered doing it, but she hadn’t been transferred with the popular girls. Though she felt like her brain was going a mile a minute trying to rationalize Ember’s existence, she decided to respond.
"Huh" she remarked "That’s a relief"
Ember was looking around the room. It was quick, but she recognized the action of scanning the room for targets. What kind of target, she wasn’t sure.
"I mean he’s the principal of a school called Discord High." Sam let out a restrained laugh. “You’d have to be a bit goofy to accept that job.”

Ember

A small burst of laughter creeps up her throat when she heard Sam's comment. The laugh sounded high pitched. Too high for her comfort, as if she had inhaled helium. Her other worry was that maybe some of the staff had heard it and then she would be punished, but it seemed that it didn't reach that far. Well, at least she hoped it didn't.
"So would you like to tell me something about yourself, or should I start?" Ember asked and added:" You don't have to if your shy, although you don't seem like a shy girl."
Her face was now supporting a permanent grin. She didn't mind it. Her mother always said that a cheerful face will make a merry soul. Sam seemed too stern for her as she had received only a slightly condescending attitude and a forced laughter.

Last edited:
Sinus was surprised to see the clap back, it was a big reaction from such a tiny girl. He would've laughed had the boy from earlier not saved the day, and distracted his attention from her to him. When he spoke about her height being cute, he nodded his head in agreement. It was a cool thing that she was short, not at all bad. He smirked, noticing the girl's reaction to the athletic boy's words. He thought girls were so predictable, with their fluttery eyes, and rosy cheeks. They swoon too easily for his taste, too easy to hook up with them. Part of the reason he stepped away from relationships, and if he did it was to gain something, or to pass the time. He couldn't be serious for the life of him. After the short girl introduced herself as Elie, that's when he spoke up. "My name is Sinus Burns, nice to meet you two, and yeah I'd be down to hang out." He looked over at two other kids he had been smoking with earlier whom had wanted to hang out, and get high, but they overheard the conversation. They looked like sad puppies with their tail between their legs. They were half disappointed because Sinus had better weed, but also because he was chill to hang out with. He gave a small smile, and a shrug sent their way, he knew they'd still want to stick around so he wasn't too worried about it. "These ceremonies are boring, but it's a good way to observe the staff's mannerisms, and personalities. Easier to manipulate them to get what I want, or get away with what I want." Despite the sentence being kind of creepy, Sinus had a way of making it seem like the casual, a peaceful walk in the park. After all, he did need to know this school's attitude, how else could he do what he does? You could say it's just survival tactics.

Interactions : TayMaiTer TayMaiTer Nobuzout Nobuzout

Nathan Westwood

“I actually agree with you. But there's some staff that are pretty cool so if you find those people you're good to go. There was this one guy, Mr. Dan, who let me get away with pretty much everything on my last school. He was a cool guy, knew what being a teenager meant” Nathan has his back turned, completely ignoring the principal and whatever he has to say, it’s not as if that generic speech was going to change his life.

“Well, sucks that we were transferred to this school, it's not like we had much choice in it right ? I think the other school was doing pretty well, there was no need to build another one so close to it.. it's pretty silly don’t you think ?” he wasn’t really about it but rather curious about the idea of having two big high schools so close to each other, at one side it didn’t make sense, but at the other it would balance the number of students in each school, but it's not like the other one was already full of people. “well well it doesn’t matter now, right ? I guess we're making new friends here. You two seem pretty ok so I guess we will be hanging out quite often”

Interactions : TayMaiTer TayMaiTer Breathless Breathless

Sinus smiled as Nathan agreed with him. He was happy someone could actually relate to him. "FInally someone gets it." He pulled off his beanie and pushed a hand through his messy black hair in an attempt to tame it. He didnt mind these two at all. The girl had a fiery spark, and the other guy was charismatic and easy going, traits that he enjoyed seeing in people. He could see himself being around them.

"I wouldn't say any staff at my old school were cool, but they were easily pushed over. I could make excuses, and they'd believe me. Using the system to your advantage is always fun. I'm hoping I can have some fun here too. I don't know if you'd be that kind of person though Nathan, you're into sports right? All it takes is getting caught once, and their goes your future. As for me, I think that risk is quite thrilling." He chuckled, not actually believing this boy would stick around and hang with someone like him, but he would humour the idea for now. He didn't mind being friends with the both of them even if it was for a little while until they got bored.

interacrions: Nobuzout Nobuzout
mentions: TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

The edges of her mouth twitched upwards, at Ember’s laughter. At least someone thought she was funny. As Ember glanced around again, she pondered its purpose. Ah well. Maybe she was just some goody two shoes who didn’t like badmouthing people.
"That’s kinda vague" She remarked" I’m not shy. I guess I’ll go first" She watched her brain for ‘Safe’ information. “Well. I’m the only one in my family who’s attending this school. My sisters all go to Skype High now. So I don’t really know anyone here. Do you?” She asked knowing that the answer was probably no, since they were sitting together.

Elie smiles at the two. The boy in the beanie who introduced himself as Sinus Burns. He was obviously high, she could practically smell it from here. And then the other boy. The one who had called her cute. Nathan...Westwood? That's right. Westwood.

She swings her legs back and forth as she listens to their conversation, piping in occasionally. "I don't think ceremonies are all that bad. Boring, but you get to meet people." She looks around the crowded auditorium.

"I had lots of people know me at my old school. Teachers knew me and I could sometimes get away with things. People may not have known me personally, but everyone knew the clumsiest girl in school." She laughs a musical laugh, not at all worried about being labeled clumsy again.

'Well well it doesn’t matter now, right ? I guess we're making new friends here. You two seem pretty ok so I guess we will be hanging out quite often.' she gives a bright smile. "I would love to hand out with you both!"

Interactions: Breathless Breathless Nobuzout Nobuzout

Ember

Samantha was still on guard as her answer was too safe. Getting any valuable information might take some time, but no-one said she couldn't have fun while doing it.
"Oh! It must be a little sad and hard to be separated from your family in such a manner. And no, I don't know anyone from here. My siblings aren't in the high school, so not much has really changed for me in those regards," Ember said with the same grin and added: "But now I know one person more than I knew an hour ago. So I think we have already made progress towards the new norm we are going to live in."
She ran through her pockets until she found the bracelet. It was made out of yarn and had a small wire into the shape of a knife attached to it. Ember showed it to Sam. For now they were allies and if she built up enough good rapport, she'll have a safety net to catch her.
"Hey Sam. Can I call you Sam? I know it's not much, but I think you should have it. I made it for myself. It will be a token of me or something like that," she laughed awkwardly.

She leant back into her chair. Though she felt slightly more relaxed than before, she knew it was too soon to let her guard down.
"It is. We weren’t exactly close, but they were my only friends in middle school.” She paused before responding “We’re in the same boat guess. Are they younger or older?" She smiled, every so slightly "I guess you’re right. No matter what happens we won’t not know anybody ever again."
She glanced at Ember, what was in her pocket? She couldn’t help, but stare at the strange shape . Was it some kind of bracelet? A keychain?
She accepted the token, with a smile. “Thank you so much Ember!” She grinned, aware that she’d be staring at it, and letting it occupy her thoughts far longer than necessary.

Ember

Samantha hadn't given her the green light with Sam but since she didn't protest either, maybe Sam didn't care. Samantha looked at her gift. She looked so amazed and captivated by it. Ember felt that it would be wrong to disturb her. So she decided to focus on the principal instead maybe that goof had some interesting information after all. She leaned back to her seat and decided to relax into the chair while listening.

(I know it ain't long but idk what to write anymore and you seemed to be waiting for me 😅 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back