Discord Dice App

Hello, and thank you for this amazing app. It works great. I was just wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to be able to roll multiple types of dice at the same time, in a command that works more or less like the following:

(1d20 + 1d4)

So the algorithm should be something like (ndp + mdq + k)

Thank you very much in advance, I really hope it will be possible

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with this bot, as it's asking for an email and password rather than a bot token. Will there be updates on that front at all?

Other than that, what I have managed to get working looks great!

@Vee I've been meaning to update this to use the bot interface, as this was originally created before bots were really supported

@Zarkstar My teamspeak dice app does support that, so I should be able to port it over easily

Big update! 3.0.0 is now out, here's the Changelog

CHANGE LOG 3.0.0:

+ Added support for FFG Star Wars. They are used (sw*) where * is a list of dice (b: boost, s: setback, a: ability, d: difficulty, p: proficiency, c: challenge, f: force). For instance, (swbbd) would roll two Boost dice and one Difficulty die, displaying the totals in chat

+ Added support for multiple types of basic dice at once. For instance, (1d10+1d6+1d4) would roll a d10, d6, and d4 in that order and display the results

+ The dice roller now uses bots instead of users. Simply tell it your bot token instead of your login credentials, and make sure your bot is invited to the channel. This is both more secure and more stable

+ The bot will remember which channels it is Started and which it is Stopped on even when restarted.

Download Link: MEGA

Hello! I'm having some difficulties with trying to install the bot considering I am rather new to coding itself. Would you be able to give a step by step instruction?

What I have been doing so far is opening the file itself and inserting in the token key for my bot. It appears online but the commands don't work.

Once the bot is in your channel, make sure you are typing !startDice to let it know that you want to enable dice commands. It will remember your channel even if the bot is restarted, so you don't have to type it every time. If you need to turn off dice commands for whatever reason, you can use !stopDice to toggle it off.

Did that solve your problem? If not, I can see about typing up a more complete walkthrough later

Hello there. Just wanted to say this app is pretty dang nice for what I want to use it for but im having a few issues. While getting the bot itself up and running was no issue it seems it times out from time to time. I will enter the RP server and the bot will be inexplicably offline despite me still having the bot program still up and running. Also since the new update everytime I try and restart the program it crashes and I need to reinstall it. Thankfully it still remembers my bot token and such but its still a slight hassle.

@Bookieman I will need to add in an error log feature so you can send me some more information to go on. Without an actual error message or reason for the crash, I don't know what to fix. I'll post here when I get the log added

Thank you. Any advice on the bot timing out though? I run a play by post game so I need it to be on as often as possible with no downtime.

Doesn't seem to be anything like that in the settings. Actually I think I might know what the problem is. My internet connection is not the most stable. It has occasional hiccups from time to time and that might be what it is, since the bot is losing connection with the server briefly it never reconnects.

@Bookieman Could be. I'd suggest testing it by deliberately disconnecting and reconnecting your internet while the bot is running, see if it reproduces the problem

@Bookieman I can look into if there's a way to automatically reconnect if the connection is restored, not sure if I can. It'll be a couple weeks before I can really work on this again, though

Hi, installed the app and having some issues.
I've got my bot created, and it's in the server, and I've put in the token.
When I run the .exe as a standard user, a command prompt appears and immediately closes.
When I run as admin, I get the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Discord Dice\node_modules\discord.js\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:219
else throw new Error('not opened');
^

Error: not opened
at WebSocket.send (C:\Program Files (x86)\Discord Dice\node_modules\discord.js\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:219:16)
at InternalClient.sendWS (C:\Program Files (x86)\Discord Dice\node_modules\discord.js\lib\Client\InternalClient.js:88:351)
at null._repeat (C:\Program Files (x86)\Discord Dice\node_modules\discord.js\lib\Client\InternalClient.js:88:1718)
at wrapper [as _onTimeout] (timers.js:275:11)
at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15)

-----------------------------------------------------

This application was created using the Open Source Software BatToExe!
Use BatToExe to convert batch files (*.bat) to executable files (*.exe)
Download more free open source software at Software by Default
Press W to open website in your default browser, press any other key to exit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back