• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Disc Fall ~ Fictional Drive (A Multifandom Adventure of Cosmic Proportions!)

Thepotatogod

and it was this big
Roleplay Type(s)
All the world's a stage
The rift in space
brings naught grace,
but a waking craze.

Oh, Monsters born from stories
Tales within you that change the world
The land they walk, now you behold,
as they trample all without worry.

The tension between heaven and hell
See it reach the breaking point
Time marches on, one can tell.
It's the point where war breaks out.

Come, players of this war.

Give us your last memoir
As reality finally shatters,
blurring lines of what really matters

•Disc Fall•
--F i c t i o n a l • D r i v e--

Nearly all life from all worlds have been sealed off and snuffed out. However, in a twist of fate, its power weakened and split just as our world was about to be sealed off. As the sky was split open with a void-like rift, as bits and pieces of those worlds’ inhabitants started pouring out in small discs that were seemingly unbreakable. Some say that you can hear voices from those discs. Armbands with what looks to be small disc players were commonly found along with these discs, bearing the ability to draw power from them and make it their own. These were called Drives, and those who use them were called Drivers.

From the ability to utilize their skills and powers, to becoming one with the beings within the discs--the armbands’ power were potentially limitless. So much so, that it gave rise to the Scratch. Rising mere years after the rift first opened, this rag tag group of mischiefs sported discs so powerful that using them would usually cause their own minds to be overtaken by the disc’s persona completely--this phenomenon is what they call Ego Break. However, as the world government formed a group of defenders known as Vinyl and captured some of the Scratch, they learned that their Drives allowed them to be immune from Ego Break completely, having received theirs from the Scratch’s supposed supplier--The DJ and his Twilight Collection, whom the world has not heard of, even after the Rift Opened.

To add to the growing tension between the two powered groups from the last 50 years, a new kind of Disc is starting to fall from the rift, which transforms into Monsters after some time, or when played on a Drive--this new type of Disc were now being sought after by The Vinyl and The Scratch alike, naming them the ReRuns. The ReRuns are monsters born from a Disc that represents an entire fictional world and/or universe--meaning that they hold incredible power that might rival even the Twilight Collection. When these monsters finally form, they bring a portion of the universe they represent with them--for example, Vale from a RWBY ReRun or Crystal Cove from a Scooby Doo ReRun.

You are one of the Drivers that will be recruited by The Vinyl. Will you join the fight for peace and order, or will you let the world be engulfed in chaos? The choice is yours.

We already have a CS Thread and an OOC Thread! Come and say hi!

All the world's a stage
The rift in space
brings naught grace,
but a waking craze.

Oh, Monsters born from stories
Tales within you that change the world
The land they walk, now you behold,
as they trample all without worry.

The tension between heaven and hell
See it reach the breaking point
Time marches on, one can tell.
It's the point where war breaks out.

Come, players of this war.

Give us your last memoir
As reality finally shatters,
blurring lines of what really matters

•Disc Fall•
--F i c t i o n a l • D r i v e--

Nearly all life from all worlds have been sealed off and snuffed out. However, in a twist of fate, its power weakened and split just as our world was about to be sealed off. As the sky was split open with a void-like rift, as bits and pieces of those worlds’ inhabitants started pouring out in small discs that were seemingly unbreakable. Some say that you can hear voices from those discs. Armbands with what looks to be small disc players were commonly found along with these discs, bearing the ability to draw power from them and make it their own. These were called Drives, and those who use them were called Drivers.

From the ability to utilize their skills and powers, to becoming one with the beings within the discs--the armbands’ power were potentially limitless. So much so, that it gave rise to the Scratch. Rising mere years after the rift first opened, this rag tag group of mischiefs sported discs so powerful that using them would usually cause their own minds to be overtaken by the disc’s persona completely--this phenomenon is what they call Ego Break. However, as the world government formed a group of defenders known as Vinyl and captured some of the Scratch, they learned that their Drives allowed them to be immune from Ego Break completely, having received theirs from the Scratch’s supposed supplier--The DJ and his Twilight Collection, whom the world has not heard of, even after the Rift Opened.

To add to the growing tension between the two powered groups from the last 50 years, a new kind of Disc is starting to fall from the rift, which transforms into Monsters after some time, or when played on a Drive--this new type of Disc were now being sought after by The Vinyl and The Scratch alike, naming them the ReRuns. The ReRuns are monsters born from a Disc that represents an entire fictional world and/or universe--meaning that they hold incredible power that might rival even the Twilight Collection. When these monsters finally form, they bring a portion of the universe they represent with them--for example, Vale from a RWBY ReRun or Crystal Cove from a Scooby Doo ReRun.

You are one of the Drivers that will be recruited by The Vinyl. Will you join the fight for peace and order, or will you let the world be engulfed in chaos? The choice is yours.

We already have a CS Thread and an OOC Thread! Come and say hi!
Glad to be back.

So, are we playing OCs that pick up the discs, or are we playing as fandom characters who pick up discs from other fandoms?

Edit:

Nevermind. I think that I answered my own question. Would Amaterasu and Issun be accepted? They're from the video game, Õkami.

Last edited:
So, are we playing OCs that pick up the discs, or are we playing as fandom characters who pick up discs from other fandoms?

Edit:

Nevermind. I think that I answered my own question. Would Amaterasu and Issun be accepted? They're from the video game, Õkami.
actually, you can play as a Driver or a Canon--the difference is that Canon Characters can't be Drivers. Although you bringing that up gave me an idea to toy with for the plot proper.

In anycase, there's only like, 1 more fandom character slot left so if you wanna play as one, you better hop to it to the CS thread.

As for Amaterasu and Issun, if you're playing them as canon, only one of them can come. If they're gonna be discs, then by all means, go ahead.

Just be careful of Ego Break since that'll force you to play as that canon instead.

actually, you can play as a Driver or a Canon--the difference is that Canon Characters can't be Drivers. Although you bringing that up gave me an idea to toy with for the plot proper.

In anycase, there's only like, 1 more fandom character slot left so if you wanna play as one, you better hop to it to the CS thread.

As for Amaterasu and Issun, if you're playing them as canon, only one of them can come. If they're gonna be discs, then by all means, go ahead.

Just be careful of Ego Break since that'll force you to play as that canon instead.
So question. I want to play a cannon character from League, but a skin line from them. Basically playing them like an OC, would that be alright?

So question. I want to play a cannon character from League, but a skin line from them. Basically playing them like an OC, would that be alright?
The thing is--the Canon character slots are already full, but I can make an exception or two

So yes. That's gucci to me

Alrighty! I haven't been into a roleplay here in RPN yet but is it still open because I kinda want a fresh start since I am back in RPN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back