• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disaster in the Dreamscape

Characters
Here
Chapter 0
  • Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
    Check out the signups here.

In the great cosmos, the dreams of every being that walks the many universes are connected through a great realm known by many names - the Dream World, The Dream Realm, the Dreamlands, the Realm of Sleep, the Dreamscape, so on. Dreams of all kinds lurk, and dreams don't just become reality there, they are reality.

The Dreamscapers. You can call them what you wish - bogeymen, guardian angels, but just know that their goal is to protect people from nightmares. They were first formed by a collaboration between Nemurin, Princess Luna of Equestria, Darkrai and Silence Dogood, but it has grown over time into a wide council. There are times that they have failed, times where they are unsuccessful in fixing a nightmare before it ends, but this failure is part of a balance - a balance between pleasant dreams and nightmares, where one cannot precede over the other.

VpTqZUI.png

But one is preceding over the other. A strange beast set out on a quest to plunge the cosmos into nightmares, community by community, world by world. Some would stay awake to avoid these nightmares, while others would be dragged into them for a long, long time. The Dreamscapers had to grow and mobilize to deal with the growing nightmares, but it was no use - they had to tackle things from the source!

SM4KfFG.png

Chapter 0
    The Nightmare cometh

EARLIER...

The Headquarters of the Dreamscapers was a fine wooden cabin located within the forest biomes of the Gigantispore, a great dream behemoth. The inside of this wooden cabin painted a much different story than the outside, with walls, floors and ceilings made of pink, fluffy clouds and access to many rooms through stairs and doors, and needless to say, it looked much larger on the inside than the outside.

The living quarters consisted primarily of a fluffy cloud couch adorned with cloud pillows, in front of a cloud table that sat across a plasma TV that was not made of clouds, but rather, actual TV materials. The entire floor was basically a rug so a rug would've been pointless.

There was a rug under the table anyways. A cloud rug.

latest

"Everyone~" a petite lass, body resting on a pillow as she hovered, addressed the group. This was Nemurin. Contrary to what you might think, Nemurin was the leader of the Dreamscapers. "I think we've all done a good job~. But I think as things stand right now, you all should opt to take just a bit of rest, something we haven't done for a while. Right now, we're on a bit of a wild goose chase... I on the other hand, will go take a stroll to patrol..."

princess_luna_flying__2__by_90sigma_d8g5axd-fullview.png

"If that is your decision, Nemurin, I will respect it," a night blue Alicorn speaks, as she beat her wings, descending onto the fluffy floor. This was Princess Luna. In the world of the waking, she was the princess of the night that co-ruled Equestria with her sister, Princess Celestia. In this slumbering world, she was also second-in-command, this time to Nemurin.

"See you all later~" Nemurin declares as she flies out of the door, and out of Giore's biosphere, to head out into the Dreamscape.

Tapping her hooves on the floor, she turns to the others and suggests, "I would feel a bit easier patrolling the dreamscape than hanging around here to rest. If any of you are in agreement, you are free to accompany me on my patrols."

NOW...

Someone was having a terrible dream.

MireiCommish_with_hat.png

"Everyone's... dead?"

Aboard a boat, the young one looks around at the fallen allies, their corpses floating on the ocean. He was clearly distraught as he begins to speak to the fallen, tears trickling down her eyes.

"Jean, what happened to experiencing a real pirate's life after the Sirens were gone for good? Eugen, wake up, this isn't like you... Zerstorer 46, I'm so sorry... I never gave you the name you so badly wanted..."

ZSFUP98.png

The scene before his eyes was a chaotic sky that served as a dye for an otherwise colourless sea, adorned with the enemies of humanity - the Sirens. Their sheer numbers were about to make him lose hope, until the two who remained shouted towards him.

z23.png

"Nein, Kommandant! Don't lose hope!"

lingbo.png

"Yes, otherwise all would've died in vain."

"Zerstorer 23, Ayanami, you're right. it's up to us three," the Commander wipes his tears on her sleeves, steeling his courage, "you've been fighting Sirens alongside my parents, and now you fight them alongside me. I will make sure I live long enough to have children and grandchildren who will do the same! Let's go!"

As they gained confidence and fought through the hordes, the Commander was ultimately stabbed by a black tentacle in the chest, falling with these last words.

"Don't bother with my fall - win at all costs..."

~~~

The Commander would awaken in a hospital bed, with Z23 and Ayanami greeting him with a hug.

"Kommandant!"
    "Commander!"
    "Girls!"

As they formed a union with their hands, the Commander cheered, "well, this was a happier ending than expected. Though I have a lot of questions, starting with - how did you afford my medical fees?"

"IT'S TIME TO PAY UP!"

A bunch of fat, bald, ugly men walked in, grinning from ear to ear as two of them grabbed Z23 and Ayanami by the necks and slammed them into the walls.

"This- it's what I think it is, isn't it?"

As the big boys licked their lips, Z23 and Ayanami were visibly crying.

"Kommandant, we're sorry, we had to..."
    "All we ask is... please don't look..."

"OH, HE'S GETTING FRONT ROW SEATS!"

Two of the big boys pin Commander to the ground, forcing his eyes open.

"NEEEEEIIIINNNNN!!!!! NEEEEEEIIIINNNN!!!!!!!"

"Your screams only strengthen the atmosphere..."

"YOU'RE SUFFOCATING ME! YOU'RE BOTH TOO FUCKING HEAVY. HACK! HACK! I'M LOSING CONSCIOUSNESS!"

"... fuck it, let's just move on."

One of them unzips their pants, and something pops out. This something was... the head of a night blue unicorn with wavy hair very much like the night sky? The unicorn spoke a few words at that very moment.

GahqgvZ.png

"Did I miss anything?"

"What in my surrogate grandmother's name just happened?"

The zip continued throughout the entire body until a costume resembling a human was left on the ground. The one who was in it all this time spread her wings majestically, as if the ugly bastard was a cocoon and she was a butterfly. Z23, whom this human was previously strangling, fell to the ground, unconscious.

d5nl2ty-d9b88c14-70d5-4d10-9733-e850948a6a9e.png

"HUZZAH!"

"Who the fuck is that?"

"Doesn't matter, get her!"

She proceeded to fire magical beams from her horns to turn the other fat dudes into dust, allowing for the Commander to rise up, panting heavily due to a lot of weight previously dogpiling her.

"Wow, thanks, any longer and I would've been banned - from life," the Commander was grateful.

"No worries. These are but my duties," the unicorn - revealed to be an alicorn - replied.

"You were on time to stop this from becoming offbrand."

"Alright, now I am unaware of what you speak of."

"Yeah, just your standard Comiket fare."

"What is this 'Comiket' you speak of?"

"Nevermind."

The alicorn's horn glowed brightly, enveloping the entire place before the scenery shifted to the Commander wearing an apron while cooking pigs in a blanket in the kitchen, with Z23 and Ayanami waiting on a table nearby.

"May you have sweet dreams. Others are having terrifying nightmares and they need my help," the alicorn says, flying out of the window.

"Hmmm..." Commander ponders, switching the fire off as he looks to her various kitchen utensils. The grappling gun - alongside the safer lasso gun edition, sat alongside the various spatulas and egg cutters.

unknown.png

The Dreamscapers that agreed to follow Luna were currently waiting outside a steel door, one that would've been fitting if it were on a naval warship, that Luna had recently entered. This door was one of many across the dreamscape that lead to various dreams, each a different type of door to reflect the one having the dream. Barely under a minute later, its bolts were undone, the door flung open and Luna emerged from it.

"For every one nightmare we rid of, two more emerge in its place. It's like a hydra, except this problem will grow irregardless. The great nightmare-inflicting beast may have increasing power as it continues to spread throughout the cosmos, but if this is the least we can do for now, then we will do it."

35499.png

"I'm sure you did a great job in there, Luna," a small woman complimented her pony colleague.

"Indeed Rem, I am confident that the young one will be happy in his dreams for the rest of the night."

"I beg to differ," Rem, as she was called, points to a redheaded young one with a lasso gun of some kind clinging onto Luna's tail. This lasso gun begins to disintegrate into dust.

"You should return to your dream, young one."

"I overheard your problems, I know there's something up."

"Then you should know that this isn't a simple feat," Luna iterates, "you should stay somewhere safe. As a leader in my own right, it is my duty to fight for my people and keep them as safe as possible, and my people include all who sleep."

"That's the worst way to convince me out of this," the redhead retorts, "because I'm a leader too. I lead the Ironblood and Sakura Empire, the good old Kriegsmarines and IJN. And back where I'm from, my subordinates are suffering from nightmares - some dragged into them, others repelled by them to the point of insomnia. In my world, the way it works is that I'm just a fleshy, squishy human who commands - a Commander, and my subordinates are KAN-SEN, and are the strength and power who would protect me. They say it's natural for them to fight and me to just command behind the scenes, for them to respect me despite them being the ones laying the fingers and not me, but... just for once... I want to do something for them... on this scale!"

"Should we heed her, Luna?" Rem asks.

"The young one might possess fighting ability, based on his words. It's not everyday that I hear about someone with those thoughts. I am nobled by them, however..."

"Then you'll hear it a few more times," the Commander replies, "because I know a few other leaders. Plus a few middle-class guys. They're from different worlds than me, but if-"

"These ones?" Luna asks, as her horn glows and sparks, causing a few doors to teleport and float in place. These doors varied in different ways, and could have easily been from different eras.

"Looks like them. That one's definitely a Zi-O door, very easy to tell. But yes, I'm confident that they'll be of great help in your quest to end nightmares. And stuff. How'd you know it was them?"

"I saw visions of them while entering your dream. Unfortunately, I could not gather everyone. So, to get this straight, you want to fight alongside us with these people?"

The Commander nods.

Luna looks to the others, "should we entertain this?"

"I'm always happy to have new allies if they can give us the upper hand," Rem says as she approached one of the doors - a metal door with a stylized W on it, split between a red right and a blue left. She places her hand on a scanner as it emitted a 'recognized' before the two halves of the door slid open, with smoke emerging from the inside as Rem entered.

(OoC Note: At this point, the 'Broski' characters could write themselves getting caught up in their nightmares while the Dreamscaper characters that agreed to follow Luna could enter these dream doors to access these nightmares and save them. Haaave fun!)

H7s9UKK.png

laP8U54.png

Crow Crow - Commander (Crimson Axis) (Azur Lane)
    @Flintstone - Kaladin (The Stormlight Archive)
    Thepotatogod Thepotatogod - Sougo Tokiwa & Woz (Kamen Rider Zi-O)

1HBzaeS.png

@Agent23 - Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty) - Gigantispore (Original Character)
    @Celestial Speck - Inokura 'Ino' Nanabi (Persona OC)
    Crow Crow - Nemurin (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)
    @DanGriin - Izuru Kamukura (Kamen Rider OC)
    @Dylan.thomas7 - David "Dave" Lister (Red Dwarf)
    @Lazaro1505 - The Player (SUPERHOT) & Jevil (Deltarune)
    LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 - Holden Matthews (Beyond) & Leo Howard (Original Character)
    Nocturne. Nocturne. - Mason "Dipper" Pines (Gravity Falls)
    @Nubby Nubs - Bismarck "Mad Clown" Nuberson (Original Character)
    @PopcornPie - Uriah (Original Character)
    @Shooting Star Asuka - Darkrai (Pokemon)
    SilverDingo SilverDingo - Ariadne (Inception)
    @themagnoliaofutah - The District Attorney (Who Killed Markiplier)
    Thepotatogod Thepotatogod - Reed Boiyo (Original Character) & Lavenza (Persona 5)​

Chapter 1a: Cat got your Tongue?
  • What became of Louise and Rem? What of their fate? Find out in

[INSERT TITLE HERE]
    A 1x1 between Crow & themagnoliahofutah

Spoiler: they're fine.

Rem's voice echoed in the heads of all affected by Nightmare Moon's dreams.

"Wake up, everyone! This is just Nightmare Moon's tricks!"

Was it successful? Did it fail? It was up to their wills to decide.

Those who succumbed succumbed. Those who willed and wormed their way out found themselves in a strange town.

Chapter 1a: Cat got your Tongue?

latest

Cats of many hues littered the place. One could've sworn that they were speaking the tongue of men mixed in with their meows. The number of cats far exceeded that of the humans that frolicked.

unknown.png

Right in front of our crew was a bar with this sign hanging on it.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Crow Crow LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 @DanGriin @SugaISAMOOD @themagnoliaofutah Void Void ->WeirdTown

As Spongebob held onto Mr Krabs, he would be swung around as well, before the dollar note tentacle would be sliced by a gunshot, causing them to fall into the water alongside the sliced tentacle.

A strange beast rises from the ocean. Its core body was gold bars, its tentacles were dollar notes and its main head was an oversized penny. The penny's emblem was animate, and snarled at the Hunter.

Topless Topless SilverDingo SilverDingo

"Vhu iz zat lady?" the Commander says, looking towards the Hunter through the portal. That was when the portal started to shrink, with the Commander stretching its sides to prevent it from doing so. He looks to Woz for a bit.

"Voz, ve should help her."

Nocturne. Nocturne. Crow Crow Thepotatogod Thepotatogod LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 @VagueSpongebobThing​

Chapter 1b: Repaint the Memory
  • Chapter 1b
    Repaint the Memory

PjjerHL.jpg

When the flash of light was gone, they were back in the misty violet fields of the Dreamscape once more.

"Vat iz zis... vait, zis is not cheese, zis is sponge! Some kind of... Sponge... with pants..." the Commander picks Spongebob up and stretches the squarepants man around. He looks to his side to see the purple-furred fox. "Oh hey, Uriah. You're here."

Spongebob might note that this Commander had a similar accent to Hans, the giant hand who gave him his pants every opening.

It seemed that our crew was pulled from Mr Krabs' dream by a pair of young'ns.

Npc_zoom_3030135000_81.png

"Sister, look, fellow dreamwalkers!"

Npc_zoom_3030135000_82.png

"So it seems, Morphe, so it seems."

"Not all of us," the Commander speaks, "some of us are just here for the ride, lending a hand."

"Such a coincidence, not all of us either," the girl would respond.

"Huh, vhat zu you mean?" the Commanders nose then twitched. "Nein nein nein... I recognise ze smell of rice farmers* anyvhere..."

As for what she meant, three others would follow behind.

Npc_zoom_3030182000_01.png

"I didn't know that we'd be seeing others here! Come on you two, let's say hi!"

gTsR1TG.png

"Do we really have to?" a winged lizard weakly flutters its wings to stay afloat as it protested. "All this moving around is making me beat, like we're running around in circles. How about you,
    Gran_pin.png

A.Gran?"
    Djeeta_pin.png

B. Djeeta?"
    question_pin.png

C. Surprise me, GM man dude guy woman!

(OoC Note: When you post, select one option between the three displayed and place it in a bracket, or integrate it into your actual post. Players who are playing characters not within this zone are free to vote too!)

Nocturne. Nocturne. LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Crow Crow Thepotatogod Thepotatogod @Shooting Star Asuka Topless Topless SilverDingo SilverDingo @DanGriin P Punkypine @VagueSpongebobThing -> Dreamscape​

*GM Note: This is a meta-joke, there is no rice farmer smell.

Last edited:
    Back