• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disaster in the Dreamscape

Characters
Here
"I think he goes by Wilford now. I... I don't know. I think he's our ticket out of here..." She pulled away, quietly pacing back and forth. "But Mark... he'll be angry. Very angry. With both of us. I might be able to calm him, though. He usually listens to me. Unless... he doesn't know. But we'll have to sneak off. Even then, he might be listening. And... if we run into the twins, we'll have to be extra quiet. But I'll try to keep a look out. "
Crow Crow

"You know this place, and I'm the P.I. here," Rem smiles, "you lead, I keep us quiet while looking around. I know we can do this together."

Rem looks to the animal partners hiding in her overcoat, "Alpha, Beta, be my extra set of eyes. No noise."

themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

"Okay..." the Attorney closes her eyes for a moment , thinking. Then she opens them again, and, smiling, says, "Okay, I kind of have an idea. Unfortunately, it'll lead somewhere... not good. But we have to go there. Is that okay?"
Crow Crow

"...I don't know. But... we have to go there. It's the only... place I really remember, you know? Like... it's the only real... true memory. Of my old life, when I was me. "
Crow Crow

"I'll be with you then, so don't worry," Rem nods, "well, if that's our only way out, then best to get there ASAP, or the others will stay trapped a bit longer."

"Alright." She grabs Rem's hand , and opens the bathroom door to reveal... a richly decorated hallway. Portraits adorn the walls, their subjects' eyes covered in each painting by black paint covering the eyes.
"Oh... this part is... a little different than I remember..."
She steps into the hall - staring up at one in particular. A man in a dark suit smiles placidly at nothing, and he appears to be leaning on a cane.
"Taunting me already. Wonderful."
Crow Crow

"Wh- who is that? He looks important," Rem asks, commenting on the taunting painting as they trudge on, "I don't imagine he was someone you had good memories with."

The attorney shifts, glancing over her shoulder as if she is afraid.
"...his... his name was Damien. He was... my only friend, really. Him and... Celine, are the reason that I'm still... like this. They took... everything from me.
Trapped me behind glass. "
Crow Crow

"Yeah, it's... I mean, it's not that bad. There's always worse things that could happen."
She opens another door, leading into what appears to be a seance room of sorts. She turns pale, and moves through the room quickly, emerging into an office, an old typewriter sitting on the desk.
it looks like someone left in the middle of typing something - the paper reads:
It isn't your fault. They abandoned you. Shattered like glass.
It isn't fair, is it?
A servant of justice, unjustly imprisoned.
they lied to you.
theyliedandtheylieandtheywilllie-

Crow Crow

"Well, that leaves me to stop those worse things," Rem adds as she looks at the note, ready to pick it up.

"You shouldn't be taunted by-"

Before she could rip it, Beta peered from her overcoat and let out a soft bark to halt her, before sniffing it for a scent and landing on the ground.

"Beta? What did you find?"

Meanwhile, within this strange place that our still-active Dreamscapers would peer into...

unknown.png

"I've got ye now, ye slippery demon!" a crab says as he reels his pole into the seas.

This was where the Nightmare Dopant was watching, hovering among the story clouds.

latest

"Hmmm... however shall I play with this creature's mind?"

Topless Topless

The attorney shrugs.
"It's... well, there's probably dried blood or something around here... unless someone left something here. I don't know."
She begins to search the room for anything strange - it kind of reminds her of the investigation, and for some strange reason, she finds that calming.
Crow Crow

Louise lingered in the room for a moment, staring at the note. She carefully touched the writing - ink came off, dark against her pale fingers. She shuddered slightly, then followed after the others.
"I mean.... I... maybe..."
She seemed now more like when she first joined the Dreamscapers- a quiet, restless spirit that was too afraid for her own good.
"Maybe we should go back... it's probably nothing, anyway."
Crow Crow

Rem notices Louise's fear.

"You stay here for a bit. Alpha, protect her," Rem said as her cat popped out of her overcoat, meowing as she stayed by Louise's side.

"Beta, let's investigate. We won't take long."

What's wrong with me? Why am I scared?
Am I just a coward?

Louise picked at the bandages on her hand, pacing. "I... I don't know. I don't know. I... I think I did something wrong. I had to have, right? I mean, nice people don't have bad things happen like this. Maybe... no. I... have to be better. Have to be better."
She seemed agitated , as if expecting something horrible.
Crow Crow

"Everyone has good and bad things alike happen to them, but a nice person engulfed by a lot of darkness will always see the light at the end of the tunnel," Rem says, "too many bad things doesn't mean you need to lose all your positivity. Not everyone lives by this, so it's up to those who do to save them from despair."

She picked up the note, and after a moment's hesitation, folded it up and shoved it in one pocket.
"I... I guess so."
She stepped out of the room. "Well, we can't stay here forever. We... where could be possibly be-"
There was a sudden crash somewhere below them, and what sounded like people arguing.
"That... that might be him! C'mon!"
Louise dashed for the stairs.
"Hey! I'm here!"

Crow Crow

She stopped at the door, peering into the foyer below, where Wilford - wearing what appeared to be a pink silk shirt - was apparently in heated debate with another man, bald, who had a stereotypical detective's hat clutched in one hand.
"And you think coming back here would be a good idea? The hell is wrong with you?"
" I heard what I heard, friend. I'm supposed to be here. "
Crow Crow

Louise nods silently, hugging herself.
"That's... that's him."

The two of them look up at Rem and Louise, and there's a calm smile on Wilford's face, even though Abe - the detective- looks like he's seen a ghost. "
Crow Crow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back