• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disaster in the Dreamscape

Characters
Here
"Hello to you too, Uriah. You're well today," Nemurin greeted Uriah back.

Snow White would only briefly look as Louise would walk away, noticing her slipping past, feeling a bit saddened before she would look back towards Nemurin.

"H- hey!" the Commander tries to jump to reclaim his dagger, but he was much too short.

"Truth is, I actually confronted the nightmare bringer itself," Nemurin would start, "and we fought..."

"Nemurin, that's foolish! We're a team, we're supposed to-" Luna paused for a while, breathing in and out, "we can have this lecture later. Can you tell us what it looked like?"

"Actually... no. It seemed very obscured. Its silhouette... it was wide and draping on the bottom, like a jellyfish, or even a cape covering it. I didn't even see its face..."

"No recollection of its face. This will be difficult."

"Maybe it doesn't have one," the Commander comments, halting the jumping.

"You said something about a 'Nightmare Dopant'?" Nemurin asks, "can I see it?"

Luna projects its image the same way she did before. That was when Nemurin's 'antannae' that was presented as a stray hair on her head would twitch.

"This image was taken from the nightmares it has caused, wasn't it? Its nightmares have a particular scent."

"Wait, is that her nose?"

Crow Crow @Flintstone Thepotatogod Thepotatogod @Agent23 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck @DanGriin @Dylan.thomas7
@Lazaro1505 @LuckycoolHawk9 Nocturne. Nocturne. @Nubby Nubs P PopcornPie @thatguyinthestore @Shooting Star Asuka themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

"I must agree." Uriah finished Luna's lecture calmly, settling all nine tails behind her back. "A fawn never heads upstream alone, for wolves await where it is most vulnerable. Even, and especially if you didn't know what you were going to fight, calling for the rest of us would have been much wiser."

She craned her neck to study both Luna's projection and Nemurin's reaction. Supposedly, the nightmares had a distinct scent, which was unique to Uriah. Most nightmares she went through had mixed scents, from blood, to sweat, to tears, and everything in between. "Have you smelled it often?"

Louise paced outside, her brain swarming with conflicting emotions, thoughts, arguments. She hated when she felt like this- like that house was still in her head, taunting, naysaying, inexorable.
Coward.
Pushover.
Weak.
UselesshopelessworthlessnowondereveryoneleftyouyoupatheticwhinyIDIOT-

"Shut up! "
You realize you said that out loud, right? How desperate for attention are you?
She fell silent, enraged and embarrassed, her knuckles white against the fire poker. Her hands shook, and she let out an agitated, "Ugh," before sitting down against the wall.

Mason "Dipper" Pines
latest

Dipper— although certainly glad Nemurin had proven fine at the hands of Izuru's magic, despite her various injuries— now had another dilemma presenting itself, and it was weighing heavy on his brain. What had attacked Nemurin? Like Silence had stated, it couldn't have been Cipher— he had lost a long time ago, at the hands of Dipper himself. Though...

Whatever entity that had attacked Nemurin had clearly been on par with the dream demon, if not weighing superior in the sheer terror it wrought upon innocents.

"...Well, it may not have been Cipher, but it was certainly someone— or something— just as strong, if not stronger, than him." Dipper stated, his voice dipping into a whisper at the mention of his greatest adversary. It was certainly a sore spot. He sighed, looking at Nemurin. "It's good to see you in one piece."

Dipper stepped closer to Luna to see the projection she'd brought on. It wasn't similar to anything he'd seen in the journals, so using them as a point of reference was naught. At the mention of the nightmares having a scent, Dipper's brow arched. "...A nightmare with scents? That's..." he trailed off into a mumble.

"No, but I can tell that this is a new one," Nemurin said, "that means the 'smell' of the dreams he casts will be very similar to each other..."

"Well, the first suspected Nightmare Dopant-related case was only two weeks ago. At best he could've started three weeks ago," Hikaru adds, "that's pretty new."

"No complaints about convenience here. With what we have, we'll need all the convenience we have."

"I fret that you will not get it, because Nemurin needs to rest, and she cannot help with the-"

Luna was interrupted by Nemurin hovering upwards as she hugs her signature pillow.

"I can still move~," Nemurin says, her stray hair continuing to twitch, preparing to pick that Nightmare Dopant up.

"Nemurin!" Snow White exclaims, "you're not in pain right now, are you?"

"'Scent' is as valid as 'taste' or 'sound'. Nemurin is displaying some type of additional sense beyond the standard five that senses dreams, with abnormal ones feeling different. Most of us possess the same abilities to differing degrees, which is how we know when nightmares are afoot. We just call it a scent for easy reference," Luna explains to Dipper, "Nemurin's senses act as a radar for these matters, so we'll be able to tell where it is even from afar."

"So that isn't a nose?"

Luna winks towards the Commander.

"... I won't prod further."

"I'm glad to be in one piece myself! Even two pieces, or four!" Nemurin began to self-replicate mid-air, before plopping back together, "we should head off soon, shouldn't we?"

"We know you are fit to move freely without issue, but how about for combat?" Luna says, a bit worried.

"My abilities are veeery strong..." Nemurin utters as she performed the classic muscle pose with her very twiggy limbs, "and I'm still a magical girl, so even without them, I can still punch and kick like everyone else~!"

"Convincing," the Commander remarks.

"Nemurin, just... don't push yourself," Snow White pats her friend on the back, "I'll keep an eye on you, OK?"

"Stronger than Bill Cipher?" Silence says in response to Dipper's words, "that is a ridiculous claim...

... is what I'd love to say, but it would be foolish to rule it out altogether. We know a lot that happens in the Dreamscape, but not everything. There's always someone stronger we've never heard of."

Crow Crow @Flintstone Thepotatogod Thepotatogod @Agent23 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck @DanGriin @Dylan.thomas7
@Lazaro1505 @LuckycoolHawk9 Nocturne. Nocturne. @Nubby Nubs P PopcornPie @thatguyinthestore @Shooting Star Asuka themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

Louise tried to take deep breaths, and focus on the issue at hand. What were they up against?
Idea after idea popped into her head, discarded just as quickly. Her brain went to mush when she was scared, and as much as she hated to admit it, she was terrified beyond belief. Her mind wandered to Lovecraft stories she had read, of monsters beyond human understanding, of evil too powerful to process.
Was it worth it, fighting? Is anything worth it when you've stared death in the face?

--Reed Boiyo || Lavenza || Sougo Tokiwa || Woz--
Interaction: Crow Crow

Listening in on the conversation between everyone else, the gang would note that Nemurin would be able to track down the nightmare Dopant by its scent. It's relatively new, so it would easy for the still injured Nemurin.

"Will she be fine though?" Sougo would ask, worried about the leader's safety.

"As long as she doesn't push herself too much." Reed responded, "We never actually saw her get hurt this bad, but we know that she's pretty much powerful."

"Then it shouldn't be a problem if she was to join our quest then." Woz says, nodding as grinned. "Our numbers would provide sufficient enough protection, yes?"

"That's a pretty short sighted way of looking at it, but hey." Reed shrugs, raising his hands in conformity. "It's something."

"Will we be moving out then?" Lavenza would ask their leader, "Assuming that this `Dopant` creature requires all of our attention." She ponders, staring at the projection. She rubbed her chin, admiring its design. "Most intriguing." She mutters aloud, staring at its spider-like motif.

"A new one..." Uriah repeated softly. "Commander, how often do new Nightmare-Dopants spawn?" A little blush surfaced beneath her fur when she reflected upon the fact that, for a fox, she didn't use her senses nearly as much as she should have. "I am not sure if I possess the same abilities as Nemurin. There could be a spell that detects new nightmare beings, but I haven't learnt it." She mainly detected someone suffering from a nightmare via the sound of their cries.

Despite the beating she received, Nemurin was still eager to avenge herself, bringing a smile to the kitsune's wrinkled face. "The best type of soldier I know is persistent, as long as there is hope. However, that soldier must also know when to rest, so that their muscles do not ache as they move to try again." She licked Nemurin across her cheek. "If you tire, do not continue to fight. We would be overcome with grief if you burned out your heart."

Crow Crow

"Hey, they're the Dopant experts, not me," the Commander points to Hikaru and Katsuo as Uriah speaks to him.

"Nightmare Dopant, singular, not plural," Hikaru explains, "like all Dopants, they are formed when a human links themselves to a GaiaMemory - in this case, the Nightmare Memory - without a means to filter its overwhelming power. There's only one Nightmare Memory to turn one person into one Nightmare Dopant. So if we find him, it's very likely the same one."

"That solves most of our current worries," Rem adds, "but not all of them, I'm afraid."

"We'll get to that when we pin that rotten guy down," Katsuo grumbled, "and he pays for what he did. He thinks he can make me helpless, I will show him helpless..."

"Then it's settled~, we'll all go now~."

"And you will take a backseat for once," Luna says.

"Definitely." Snow White finds herself agreeing.

"That too. Come on everyone, let's go~."

And so, all headed out into the grassy plains surrounding the forests.

"Louise, everypony is heading off. Please prepare yourself," Luna says to the dazed lawyer as her horn glows and a circle surrounds the large group.

--Reed Boiyo ||Sougo Tokiwa || Lavenza || Woz--
Interaction: Crow Crow Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

"Alright then!" Reed stood back up, stretching as he let out a sigh. The Gamer would follow their leader as well as Sougo and Woz.

"Come along now, Inokura." Lavenza approached Inokura, beckoning him to join the Dreamscapers. "Our cooperation is requested." She says to the potential Wildcard, making sure he goes ahead so that she follows closely behind.

"Been a while since we saw you in action, Lavenza-chan!" Reed chuckled, crossing his arms as the gang headed out of the base, standing within the circle Luna had created.

"Oh please. You have only seen Caroline and Justine's abilities, not my own." Lavenza tells Reed, "This time, I truly intend to accompany Inokura to battle as myself."

"Hey, Woz, she kinda sounds like you." Sougo turns to Woz, who was standing beside him. "She talks like you too."

"Ah, a kindred spirit, perhaps?" Woz muses with a giggle. "I see you have a tome as well." He says, showing the hardcovered book that is labelled the Almanac of Oma's Advent.

"This is no mere tome." Lavenza says, raising her own hard cover book, which is thicker than Woz'. "This contains power untold to many except for me, my master, my siblings and of course, my guests." Lavenza tells Woz, "Does your book contain that sort of power as well?"

"Ah, I am outmatched. Your tome clearly contains powers greater than mine." Woz simply nods in defeat. "My book's cover is hard enough to deflect gunfire."

"Dude, that's impressive!" Reed's surprised gasp, eyes widened as he heard the feats of Woz' book.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod | Crow Crow | @ everyone else.
Through the entire conversation, Inokura stood quiet. Not because he didn't have anything to say, but because he had things to say. Simple questions, things that are common knowledge, that would have perhaps been asked anyways but wasn't by him. But despite this...He didn't say anything because he couldn't do anything. He couldn't remember if he had skills in healing someone, he couldn't remember if he had the skills to fight against whatever Nemurin was talking about, he couldn't remember if he even had any skills aside from swinging a sword and shooting a sniper rifle. For all he knew, he could very well be a liability here. As such, he allowed the rest of the Dreamscapers to talk between themselves, with him only staying in the corner.

Soon- his presence was required, and Lavenza of all people showed up to invite him for the mission. Inokura's eyes blinked and showed a slight shine as he saw the little girl who saved his life and introduced him to the Dreamscapers, before smiling.

...Well...He supposes he has to at least try, that's only natural. He can't not try- he has to, for their sake. Otherwise, he'll be a true liability for the team. As such, with a smile and a nod, Ino decided to give the team his full cooperation. For the sake of Lavenza, and the rest. "I suppose it's time my training finally has paid off, huh? I hope I can fight alongside you and the rest of the team- new or not, as equals this time." Inokura said not only to Lavenza, but everyone else in his team.

Soon enough, he was geared up with his combat outfit. Goggles stood on the top of his head, a white scarf around his neck followed with heavy combat gear, almost as if he was going to a snowy place. The side of his jacket was scratched off as if there was once a symbol on it- but it was long gone now. It didn't offer much in the way of protection, but it was a hell of a lot more then what his previous clothes offered. In his hands, his Sniper Rifle, almost cartoonishly generic stood on his hands.

"Please tell me in whichever way I can support you all, I'll do my..."

...But as Luna's horn glowed, Inokura blinked as he saw something at the edge of his vision, and perhaps Lavenza could too.

A small, golden butterfly flew about, almost in slow motion compared to the rest of the speed the group was moving and speaking, flying to Inokura's left. An alien, long unseen, but not unfamiliar presence of someone who was the master of her master.

It left off a golden trail, as Ino's eyes just glowed, his face not changing in the slightest, but his mouth slightly open, as the butterfly spoke in a deep, masculine voice.

Remember.
"...Best?"

And so, the world returned to normal, and Ino could only see the bright light from Luna's spell, as they were seemingly transported to somewhere else.

A great flash of night blue magic flashed before all as Luna performed her teleportation spell, but instead of a short-distance one like before, this one was a little longer, teleporting to the location where they first found the Broskis.

"It is only natural that this is where we start," Luna says, turning to Hikaru and Katsuo, "after all, this is where you escaped the Nightmare Dopant."

"Well, he escaped us," Katsuo retorts.

"But how far did he go after he did?"

Nemurin's stray hair began to twitch.

"Looks like she found something!" Rem exclaimed.

As they proceeded, Nemurin's stray hair vibrated more vigorously, until they found two doors. When Nemurin got close to each one, her radar would vibrate even more.

"Two?"

"Nemurin isn't detecting our culprit, but rather, the nightmares they cast. I would assume that the Nightmare Dopant is in one but not the other, which he recently left."

"Great, so we can camp out and wait for him," the Commander suggests, "that's the most efficient way, ja?"

"Except the Nightmare Dopant can jump directly between dreams without walking through the Dreamscape just to enter another door," Hikaru says, "if he couldn't, or if his methods allowed him to be visible for the slightest while, at least one of you would've seen him and known what he looked like as we were rescued."

"No camping, got it."

Louise blinked, suddenly finding herself in an unfamiliar location with the others. She gripped her poker tightly, listening to the others talk. She ran one hand through her hair, attempting to tame her unruly curls.
"I can see... see us doing this one of two ways. We can all go together, or send some people to scout the situation. Make sure there isn't dangerous terrain, or maybe spy, gather possible weaknesses? I... I don't know. Just an- an idea."
Knowledge was power, and she wasn't about to let them remain in the dark.

--Reed Boiyo || Sougo Tokiwa || Lavenza || Woz--
Interaction: Crow Crow Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

As the gang begin to be teleported, Lavenza would notice a particular golden butterfly fluttering on the corner of her vision. Much to similar to what Joker would've seen back when Caroline and Justine were unaware of their identity as Lavenza.

A familiar warm feeling washes over Lavenza, as if she's at the presence of her Master. However, as all things, it was brief. Fleeting, as light engulfs her vision.

The gang would soon end up at the hub of dreams, as Reed would refer to the place with the hundreds and thousands of doors. Nemurin started tracking the Dopant with her hair antennae, which led them to two doors, where the nightmare created by the Dopant is detected.

"Cool, so we're splitting up, then?" Reed proposed, cracking his knuckles. "I mean, come on. Two doors, a group with this many people...It's basically asking us to split up and deal with both of em'." He says, going off of just two doors. "Who knows, maybe that Dopant thing's waiting on one of them doors."

"You sound sure of that, Boiyo." Woz commented, "Had you, perhaps, experienced a similar dilemna?"

"Pretty much." Reed nods to Woz, "I have a small group back home that was chasing some kind of weird pixel monster thing hunting down survivors. We did the whole split up strat and it worked. Kinda." He chuckled a bit, "Let's leave it at that, shall we?"

Louise then had an idea where each one would send scouts to see what's up in each door.

"Ooh, ooh, I wanna go as a scout!" Reed says excitedly, "I was trained my whole dream life for this sort of thing!"

Luna cast a spell on Reed, causing him to blink for a bit.

"As you have volunteered, I will respect it."

She casts another spell - displaying a rectangular screen showing Reed's vision.

"But we will monitor your progress for the worst case scenarios, and to know when to interfere."

Now it was up to Reed to select the door on the left or right.

"We will come to your aid as soon as you identify the Nightmare Dopant, or as soon as we identify a threat you are having difficulties with. All I ask is that you remain safe.

Any secondary volunteers for our second door?"

Luna was charging up the same spell as she did at first, facing Louise first by instinct.

Louise nodded. Despite the fact that she had joined to help however possible, all of her attempts to help never truly felt successful, to her at least.
Here it is. Your chance.
Don't screw it up, Lou.

She nods at Luna, an uneasy smile on her face. "I... I want to go. It's the least I can do, your Highness. "

--Reed Boiyo || Sougo Tokiwa || Lavenza || Woz--
Interaction: Crow Crow themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

"Roger that!" Reed nodded, given the permission to go on ahead. Equipping dusting off his hands, he marched onto the left door, preparing for what's to come.

"Good luck!" Sougo waved at the purple clad gamer as he entered the door, soon focusing on Louis, who volunteered to go on the other door. "Be safe out there." The King Of Time tells the attorney, giving her a reassuring smile.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod
She smiles back at him, giving him a goofy little salute. Her smile fading, she then shifted her fire poker to one hand, and followed Reed through the door, with all the stoic bearing of some ancient soldier.
She just hoped whatever awaited them on the other side didn't require her to suffer like one.

"Just 'Luna' will do. Have a safe trip. Wait, Louise I meant-"

But Louise had gone with Reed through the left door.

"... we will need a third volunteer. No matter what happens in there, we cannot risk the Nightmare Dopant's escape, should he appear on the other side."

"Guess I'll go," the Commander volunteers, ready to open the door on the right.

"If you wish to, you will need to be accompanied by a Dreamscaper," Luna says, gesturing to the previously established rectangular screens, "that pony cannot be me, for I need to remain behind to cast this spell and watch over this place."

Reed Boiyo and Louise would encounter in the strange place, cracking from the seams of reality, these cracks gradually repairing themselves. The setting was a field outside a hospital. Not much could be said about the vibrant colours, because it seemed that this world's colours had been seeped.

"I would thank you for attempting to aid in my escape from this prison - were it not for the fact that you would dare intrude on my territory!"

A great dragon lands on the ground with a thud.

10207471a3.jpg

"I will grant you both a merciful end."

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

--Reed Boiyo--

"Huh, looks like we're in some kid's memory box." Reed's initial observations upon their arrival at some hospital's field, grey scaled to the max. Purple cracks shine through, albeit repairing themselves constantly. "Doesn't look like there's a nightmare though...Hm?" As Reed made his observations, a booming voice called out to them, followed by the appearance of a great, mechanical dragon with a red gem on its forehead, landing in front of them. "See, now that's more like it! Dream Dragons!" Reed chuckled, moving his sheath though the cloth of his hood hoodie, sliding and stopping at his sleeve, a holographic shield manifesting from the hard sheath. "Are you the guy who's owns this place? As in, the guy who's dreaming this? Cause we only have quite a few questions that we'd like answering." He said, raising his shield in preparation for a flame breath. He motioned his other arm to the side, attempting to put Louise behind him for her safety.

"Holy- she had never really seen anything like this before.
A dragon!
It looked especially red and vibrant against the gray- well, everything. It looked like they had fallen into some mystery novel- and for some reason, that pleased her.
Except for the purple cracks, of course. They looked creepy.
She gripped her fire poker tightly, preparing for a fight.
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Crow Crow

"I shall join Commander." Uriah used her tails to open the right door, fixing Commander with a prodding glare as she passed by. Hopefully, with their being together, Uriah could gain the whole story of what happened to poor little Yuchino. What if she was being tormented within a nightmare, all alone in that "Smartypaw" form? Most importantly, why was she not informed?

The Commander and Uriah would encounter...

Patrick-Star-Riding-a-Little-Kids-Sea-Horse-Ride.gif

... someone riding one of those kiddy rides in the middle of the void.

Well, it was someone at least.

P PopcornPie

"My host doesn't fall into despair that easily. If he did, I would've been free to roam eons ago," the dragon turns to the hospital behind him, "also most of the despair is in there. Everything outside's just fine. I am not the one who owns this Underworld. I am a prisoner to the one you refer to. My power is being sapped in the name of 'hope' every day, or every week..."

The dragon squints.

"... I will delay my judgement then. Speak."

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah

--Reed Boiyo--

"Otherworld...Fancy name for a dream." Reed chuckled a bit before given the permission to ask. "Alright. So have you seen another dude enter your domain aside from us? We're kinda chasing that guy." Reed says before tapping his Game unit on his wrist, producing a hologram of the Nightmare dopant. "Humanoid, grey, has a spider, looks like a bad OC." He described the monster briefly before glancing back at the Dragon. "Our boss detected its nightmare signal over here, so either we're mistaken, he did something here, or he's here."

"You... you're trapped here?" Her look of suspicion quickly turned to one of pity. "Is your master around here? Perhaps we.... we could, um, negotiate with him. Maybe we could work something out, free you. Maybe you could help us in return. Quid pro quo -" and besides, she knew a thing or two about being held prisoner.
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Crow Crow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back