• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug disappearing content

Dead Poet

wAyWaRd
ok so my post are doing a disappearing act as im typing. its happened a few times now and I think it happens when I backspace to the beginning of the first ling of a paragraph and to the beginning of a list point. anyplace ive backspaced back to the beginning of a line of new text where there is a line of dead space above I lose the line of dead space and if I don't catch and correct, and keep typing as usual I lose the entire post except for what I had just started typing.

I cruised through some of the bug posts and noticed others are having the same or similar issues but I don't have Grammarly or anything similar installed. im too low tech and too afraid im going to mess up my computer downloading anything from the internet. so I have no idea what could be wrong

Try clearing your cache? There may be something in there interfering.

This may be a few issues. Your backspacing might actually be 'laggy' as in you hold it down waiting for it to delete a certain amount when in actuality you've held the key down long enough to remove the whole post. You could have enabled some weird option within your computer that using backspace removes all content. I had an issue once where my computer would remove whole words instead of just letters and found out it I had somehow hit a magic combination of keys that enabled the option (that drove me up a wall for a week).

What you can do is the old classic undo key combo; control + z (hit control, hold it down and then hit z). This will basically undo any actions done, including deleting content. If you go to far in hitting control + z, you can use control + y which is a redo function.

Try to see if maybe you've activated something on accident. Maybe only tap the backspace instead of holding it down and see if it removes whole words or single letters. Test out some scenarios to specifically see if you can narrow down what exactly is happening and when as it can help determine what the possible issue is.

My phone will delete whole words but my lap top doesn't do that and that's what I was using when it happened. I did backspace one character at a time and every time I went back to the first character in the line the back space would eat up the dead space above the one character as well.

When I get back to my computer I'll check if I downloaded anything accidentally but I've never even used Grammerly or similar sites before so I'm not entirely sure how I could have

Control Z will definitely help tho till what ever it is gets fixed so thank you for that specifically and thank you both for your help and support. Hopefully it's a simple mistake that can easily fixed... But I'm not tech savvy so if I can't fix it I'll be back :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back