Other disabled/chronically il community

cxrlyxo

you are my life now
anyone on here disabled, chronically ill or just part of the community in general? have seen a few folks around but not many!

I'm disabled-not as badly as one would expect, but I broke my leg very badly in my early teens and now, almost 10 years later, some days I can't walk on it. I have crutches for those days-they aren't frequent. Not in the community though. Not really.

I'm disabled-not as badly as one would expect, but I broke my leg very badly in my early teens and now, almost 10 years later, some days I can't walk on it. I have crutches for those days-they aren't frequent. Not in the community though. Not really.
totally valid! some people consider themselves part of the community, others don’t, and that’s okay!

Hello!

Yeah I'm not sure what this "community" is?

Hey there! chronically ill (both mentally & physically) little goblin man here! I don't normally run into people who are open about chronic illness so it's nice to see a little introductory thread!

Autistic and it isn't going away. It may not seem as obvious online as it is IRL but it does slip out.

Yep, me! Chronically ill both mentally and physically.

hello. i don't know if this counts and i usually don't talk about it online, but user with myotonic muscular dystrophy here. ;v; it hasn't impacted my life too much yet, but i do get fatigued super easily at times and i mostly notice it in my hands so far when i try to do certain things.

Hey! I appreciate this thread being made c:
I have P.O.T.S which causes serious fatigue, muscle weakness, fainting, nausea, and tachycardia on the regular. I've also had treatment resistant depression since I was 11. The combination of these things was very hard to cope with at first, but I think that I'm doing much better now a days. Writing is a big passion, I must admit. Makes the problems feel small for a short time.

I have DPDR, the derealizing happens almost daily now, I don't think I have much more to say about it than it sucks and I haven't met anyone else to relate to with this same, and hopefully temporary, disorder.

I'm still trying to get the courage to call my doctor and start the process of getting diagnosed (on my good days I convince myself I am fine [I know I'm not], but literally everyone from my bosses to my friends to family have noticed because I can't hide things as well right now due to the stress and anxiety I have, lack of coping skills, and not a lot of people to talk to who don't try to downplay my extreme emotions at that moment), but I'm certain I have ADHD (depression and anxiety) and the pandemic has left me in a pretty bad place recently.

HopefulDentalFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

But yes hello! How goes it fellow humans! XD

Greetings. There are many of us, expected and unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back