• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dirge of Valice [Single Plot Idea]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

A Story of Betrayal in Two Parts.

• "I knew the consequences. But... I cannot apologize. I will not. If I should apologize or feel regret, then everything would have been for naught."

So for a while now, I've wanted to do an RP based on Berserk and a few other things, and I have finally started to get some of the ideas hammered out. Of course, as soon as I do that, the partner I'm working with seems to go silent, so I'm opening this up to further advance it, and work on it. I won't be using the same characters from the original thread (at least, most likely I won't), as I have several ideas for this and for characters. However, I am still going to provide links to the lore thread I started for this. This can absolutely be changed and adapted for the story we create together, but I thought this might give a taste of what I'm looking for.

Lore: Fantasy - Dirge of Valice [Lore]

The short version is below:

• This will be a story in two parts - beginning with a group that works together. One will betray the rest. Most of them will die - there must be at least one survivor. One of us will play the traitor. The other will play the guaranteed survivor.
    • Act 2 is the Traitor going on towards their goals, and the Survivor, most likely, seeking revenge, and gaining a new group to deal with the new world.
    • New World? One of the themes I want to play with is dimensional planes - and how the Traitor's action begins the process of uniting all the plains into one. This is, obviously, going to cause problems.
    So, those are the major things. Here are the minor things, or things up for debate:

• I would like the major characters to fall into "roles" - this could be a Zodiac we create for the world, Tarot (as you can see being used in the Lore thread above), Chess pieces, whatever - I want something we can use, to tie into prophecy, and provide us with some guidance and a "place" for the characters in the world.
    • Medieval/Rennaisance period and technology, for the most part. Obviously loose, as there will be magic.
    • Magic, non-humans, and such, should be rare so far as being out in the open - open to discussion on it, but I think Act 2 should have it be more prominent.
    • On the note of the characters playing a role/archetype, I'm also interested in seeing how this would be reflected in the major religions or belief systems. I started to work on that in the Lore thread, as well.

If this appeals, seriously hit me up. I’m a bit rusty on world building, but I can go far with spit-balling. I've listed some ideas, but they're not limited to what's here, at all!

So please, take a look at what I have to offer! Please take a look at my rules, there is a code there!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back