• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
1585335569347.png
Mabel Pines

Mabel Pines woke up with a grin. Today was going to be a great day, she could already tell. Grunkle Stan had told the twins that they needed to come up with some ideas to rack up more suckers customers yesterday, and Mabel just thought of the perfect plan.

The tween threw her covers to the side and got out of bed, running over to her brother's side of the room and jumping on top of him. "WAKE UP, DIP-DIP!! I THOUGHT OF THE PERFECT WAY WE CAN GET MORE PEOPLE TO COME TO THE SHACK!!" Mabel shouted, laughing and repeatedly shaking Dipper.

Last edited:
211BF830-1EF5-4D55-899C-51000CD17918.png

Dipper Pines
Dipper Pines woke by someone jumping on him, of course it was Mabel and that was confirmed when she started to yell. Dipper groaned, “Get off, Mabel!” He complained pushing his sister off of him as he sat up and shook out his shaggy hair. He let out a breath, coming to his senses before finally reaching out to his bed stand and putting his hat on his head. His favorite hat.

His eyes wandered back to Mabel, “Okay, what’s the plan?” He asked as he looked at the girl opposite of himself. Since their uncle told them to think up ideas on how to get more customers to come, the twins had done tons of thinking, but neither of them could come up with an idea good enough. Mabel’s idea would either be good, or completely terrible much like the other ones.

They thought up having an animal farm outside the shack, but when trying to catch rabbits it was well... basically impossible. They’ve been struggling forever to come up with a good idea, and Dipper just hoped his sister had done something right for once.

Last edited:
1585337243461.png
Mabel Pines

Mabel giggled as Dipper shoved her onto the floor and put on his iconic pine tree hat.

“Okay, what’s the plan?” Dipper asked her. Mabel could tell he was questioning whether or not it was going to be something good. She gave him a huge, brace-filled grin.

"Just wait and see, bro-bro. Let's go tell Grunkle Stan!" Mabel exclaimed, grabbing Dipper's arm and pulling him behind her as she ran down the stairs. "GRUNKLE STAN!!! WE HAVE AN IDEA FOR A TOURIST TRAP!!" She screamed when she reached the kitchen and saw Stan sitting at the table, shaking Dipper's arm around excitedly.

Last edited:
A769D594-A037-434F-B482-4C405FDDEB19.png

Dipper Pines
Dipper let Mabel drag him all the way downstairs to their uncle. He chuckled lightly when Mabel started to shake his arm around.

He looked over to their uncle, “Well, Mabel has a plan,” He clarified, looking to his twin. He still wasn’t sure as to what the plan was, and wasn’t sure if he wanted to be apart of it if it wasn’t well... smart. “She hasn’t told me what the plan is yet.” He mumbled, so Grunkle Stan wouldn’t hear him.

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head, his eyes wandering down, wondering what Mabel had thought up this time.

2FC01F54-C205-4240-A39C-4D60B072C924.png

Stanley Pines
Stanley Pines was sitting downstairs, looking over the newspaper for reports on the Mystery Shack. He was trying to get more tourists, but it seemed impossible, even with Mabel and Dipper trying to figure out ideas as well.

He was distracted from the newspaper when the two came downstairs, “GRUNKLE STAN!!! WE HAVE AN IDEA FOR A TOURIST TRAP!!” Stan looked over at Mabel and a smile formed on his face as Dipper spoke. After a moment he shook his head, “What is it?” He asked.

Stan let out a breath, “I swear, if it’s anything dumb.” He practically mumbled. He pushed that thought away, sure the two hadn’t thought of good plans in the past. This one may be different.

Last edited:
MabelPines.png
Mabel Pines
Mabel let go of Dipper's arm and playfully shoved him when she heard him mumble “She hasn’t told me what the plan is yet” and beamed at Stan, shaking his head and asking what her plan was. She took some breaths in a failed attempt to calm herself down.

"Okay, okay, okay. So you know how Gravity Falls has had about a million festivals this summer? Well, what if we threw our OWN?! We would call it..." She paused for dramatic effect. "WEIRD FEST!!!" Mabel jumped up and down and squealed with excitement.

"It would celebrate all the crazy weird things that go on in this town, and what better place to hold it than the Shack?! It would definitely bring in lots of tourists and townspeople! You could make all sorts of new attractions, Grunkle Stan, and Dipper-" She paused and looked at her twin as if she were pondering something. "Dipper can do whatever he does."

"Now, isn't that just the best plan EVER?!!?"
Mabel exclaimed, looking back at Stan with wide, hopeful eyes.

F39F25C4-0D29-46BE-8B7F-553E2743DEB0.png

Stanley Pines
Stanley looked at Mabel, his expression unreadable as she spoke, “Okay, okay, okay. So you know how Gravity Falls has had about a million festivals this summer? Well, what if we threw our OWN?! We would call it... WEIRD FEST!!!" He stayed silent a moment, as if processing what the young girl just exclaimed about. Finally a smile appeared on his face, “I like the way you think kid.” He told her.

Stanley got up, walking by the twins he gave Mabel’s head a pat. “We have our idea.” He told them. “If this doesn’t work I don’t know what will. I’m going into town, to y’know,” He paused a moment. “Inform a few people, get a few things. You two help run the shop. Tell any tourist who comes in about the festival and make sure they tell there friends.” He told them before leaving the room.

04C34C10-CA53-4958-96E1-4B9DABA8FA7F.png

Dipper Pines
When Grunkle Stan left, Dipper turned and looked at his twin. “That’s a great, Mabel! How’d you come up with that?” He asked with a small smile on his face. After a moment Dipper shook his head, “It doesn’t matter. All that matters is Grunkle Stan likes your idea and we’re going to have a festival!” Dipper said with a toothy smile. “Let’s go, we can tell Wendy and Soos about your idea!” He suggested.

He lead Mabel to the shack, only Soos was there so far. “Hey dudes.” Soos said once the twins entered the rooms. “Soos, Mabel came up with a great idea. You know how Grunkle Stan was trying to find a way to get more tourists?” Dipper asked as Soos nodded. “Well Mabel suggested the idea of a festival.” Dipper told him with a smile. “A festival?” Soos repeated. “Whew! That’s a great idea!”

MabelPines.png
Mabel Pines

Mabel followed Dipper as he led her into the Mystery Shack to inform Wendy and Soos of the idea. She grinned as she listened to Dipper tell Soos about the festival.

"That’s a great idea!” Soos said.

"I know, right?! I can't wait until Stan gets home with the party stuff. We are going to decorate sooo hard." Mabel laughed. "OH MY GOSH! I just had another great idea!! Why don't we make flyers?? Can you go do that, Dipping Sauce??" She didn't wait for a reply as she ran up to Wendy, who had just walked in the door.

"WENDY!!! We're going to have a festival of weirdness!!" Mabel shouted. Wendy chuckled at her excitement.

"Dude, that's awesome!" Wendy replied. "Another one of Stan's ideas to round up more people to the shack?"

"Nope! It was all me! I'm so excited! I'm going to invite EVERYONE!! Candy, Grenda, Pacifica-"

"Wait, Pacifica? I thought she hated your guts."

Mabel froze and heat rose to her cheeks. "Uh, yeah. But um... Wow, look! A goat!" She shouted, running out the door of the shack.

7F1428B4-FFFF-4D7F-BDF1-92671EFB9854.png

Dipper Pines
Dipper nodded lightly as Mabel asked him if he’d make the flyers. Though he knew she hadn’t heard him, because she hurried off towards Wendy. He listened to the twos conversation until Mabel spoke and surprised him.

"Nope! It was all me! I'm so excited! I'm going to invite EVERYONE!! Candy, Grenda, Pacifica-"

Dipper listened as Wendy questioned her about Pacifica, “Pacifica?” Dipper asked when Mabel went outside. He and Wendy exchanged a suspicious look.

“Why would Mabel want to invite Pacifica?” Wendy asked raising an eyebrow.

Dipper shrugged lightly before following his twin outside. He pushed the subject of Pacifica to the back of his mind for now.

“Do you want to um... help make the flyers?” Dipper asked her awkwardly.

MabelPines.png
Mabel Pines

Mabel slammed the door to the Shack, breathing heavily. She peeked through the window to see if anyone was watching. Dipper and Wendy said something to each other. Mabel put her ear up to the door to try and hear if they said anything about her.

“Do you want to um... help make the flyers?” She heard Dipper ask. Then she heard Wendy laugh and reply: "Sure, dude."

Mabel stepped away from the door and sighed. Well, that was stupid. She thought to herself in annoyance. Why did I do that?

The brunette sat down on the steps of the front porch to wait with her thoughts until Dipper and Wendy were done with the flyers.

Last edited:
D186A764-ED12-406C-8A97-BCDEAB86F90C.png

Dipper Pines
“And... done!” Dipper said as he finished off the last flyer. “That makes twenty five, that should be enough, right?” Dipper asked Wendy.

Wendy nodded, “Yeah. Should we go show Mabel?” She suggested.

Dipper nodded, grabbing one flyer to show her. “I hope she likes them.” Dipper practically mumbled, but Wendy has heard.

She chuckled, “I think she will. After all, we did write in pink glitter pen.” Wendy pointed out.

Dipper laughed. Soon they made it back to the Mystery Shack and saw Mabel with Soos. It appeared she finally came inside, and there were a few tourists around as well.

“Mabel, look,” Dipper said once Wendy and him made it over to his twin.

“What do ya think?” Wendy asked with a smile.

“We tried to make it something you’d like, considering this whole thing was your idea.” Dipper told her. The flyer part was a light purple color, and there was pink glitter pen writing. Pink and purple were always the first two colors that seemed to pop into Dipper and Wendy’s heads, both, when they thought of Mabel.

MabelPines.png
Mabel Pines

"I LOVE THEM!!" Mabel screamed. "Grunkle Stan is probably almost home... We should go put them up everywhere!" She said to Dipper. She was desperately trying to find something to do to pass the time before the festival that would calm her down - even in the slightest. She was worried she might explode.

"Can you run the shack with Soos while we're gone, Wendy?" Mabel asked, again not waiting for anything that Dipper had to say, and confirming the fact that she was forcing him to go. Ah, twin life.

"Sure, I'm down." Wendy said with a smile. "Y'all have fun. Soos! We're running the Shack!" She called over her shoulder to the handyman. Mabel grinned back at her. She knew Wendy wasn't exactly the best worker, but the redhead could be mature enough to handle things when it came down to it.

"Come on, Dipper. Flyers don't hang themselves around town!"

9D6D1AC8-8F8F-476C-B094-D71FD33CA22C.png

Dipper Pines
"Come on, Dipper. Flyers don't hang themselves around town!”

“Yay, lets go hang some flyers.” Dipper said unenthusiastically. He grabbed the rest of the flyers before him and Mabel left the shack.

Sure Dipper thought Mabel’s idea was a good idea, but he wasn’t really looking forward to hanging the flyers around town. He let out a small breath, lifting a hand to adjust his pine hat.

“Want to take the golf cart to get to town?” Dipper suggested. “But, I’m driving.” He clarified.

Dipper hesitated a moment, but before Mabel could say a word he spoke up again. “I know, I know, you want to drive. But we both know what happened last time when you drove.” He pointed out, biting his lip lightly as he casted an awkward glance at his twin.

MabelPines.png
Mabel Pines

Mabel pouted at Dipper. She wished she could have argued with him, but she did know what happened last time she tried to drive the golf cart. She almost killed them when she saw a turtle and swerved off the road, sending the twins tumbling off a small cliff. Her sides still hurt.

"So last week was a mistake." Mabel admitted. "Fine, whatever, you can drive. But I'm holding these. The whole time." She snatched the stack of flyers from Dipper, sighed dramatically, hopped in the passenger seat, and placed the papers in her lap.

"Well, hurry up! We have to get to town, quick!" Mabel told Dipper, sounding unintentionally sharp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back