• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Flashback Dina Ailsa - Lost Child of Asgard

Dina abandoned her search with a heavy heart. If anyone else lived still, they would be left behind. This thought burdened Dina as she rushed to the elf and promped her upward gently. "My name is Dina, I'm a herbalist that lives near by." Dina introduced herself hastily checking the elves wounds. With her free hand she grabed a few leaves of a kingsweyn plant from her pouch. "If you can chew, please do so with this." she said placing the leaves to the elf's lips knowing that the bitternes of them would shock her to awareness. If the elf was to make it she had to get her moving if at all possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willingly or perhaps instinctively, the elf woman accepts some of the leaves in her mouth and sure enough, seems more awake before long. Her first reaction is to spit out the leaves, and then her eyes prop open again. She looks like someone who is having a hard time breaking the bonds of sleep. "My unit..." she barely speaks, "Are they...? The others, they..." She is interrupted with a yelp of pain before she can say more.

On casual examination it is difficult to tell her exact wounds. Signs indicate that while she is seriously injured she is not beyond help. Cuts and bruises suggest that she was in a swordfight. If she lied here untended for the whole of last night it's a wonder she survived. She could be in shock from blood loss though she clearly didn't lose enough to die. It is very possible that not all of the blood covering the armor is hers.

An almost playful smile flashed across the girl's face as the other one spat out the herb, it did not linger longer than a blink of an eye. "I am very sorry but you are the only one still breathing. We must move. Work with me." Dina took the elf's arm and flung it around her own shoulders. She placed her free hand to her side to help her get to her feet. What she said was mostly true...the ones she checked were dead but there could have been someone still alive. If she stopped to check them all the elf she was helping now could die waiting her turn as Dina could only help one person at the time. "My home is not far. If we can get to it we'll be safe and you can rest. What is your name?" Dina encouraged her patient to talk to her as she almost dragged her to her feet. Right now the best she could do would be to keep the elf awake and moving so they can reach her mother. If the elf collapsed Dina doubted she could carry her

"V-Violet." the woman replies as she attempts to stand. A series of short yelps interrupt her while she speaks. "There were... o-others... W-we were attacked... Who are you?" she asks, staring at the girl behind fearful eyes.

Somehow, she manages to stand though she leans heavily on Dina. It seems that the two of them could probably make it back to the cottage.

Dina did the best she could supporting Violet. "I am a friend. Who attacked you?" the girl asked gently leading Violet to walk in the direction of her home.

"I don't know whose... s-side you're on."

That was all she was willing to say for now, and she remained quiet for the rest of the way until they finally arrived back at the cottage. Dina's mother, Evelyn, happened to be standing outside by the door. Likely anxious to see her daughter returning home - but her coming back with a wounded shadow elf was probably the last among the scenarios that went through her mind.

The walk through the woods seemed to have drained the last of Violet's strength. Dina could tell the elf was about to faint.

Dina found herself stunned by Violet's last words. She has not asked who or what the woman fought for, she just stormed in to help if she could. Is not every life precious? Well... if the bodies were that of demons Dina would probably had walked away... "If you are not a demon your life is what matters to me, everyone has their story no matter the side." Dina summed up her thoughts out loud.

"Mom. Help me get her to bed." Dina said as she met her mothers confused gaze. Evelyn was visibly anxious, her shoulders slightly relaxing when she caught sight of her daughter. Her body language rapidly changed when her focus was shifted to the wounded elf Dina was bringing in. Her back straight, her stride long, her gaze fixed Evelyn hurried to Dina's side and hearing her quiet pants she knew that the girl carried all the weight she could take. Swiftly she took the elf's other arm and swung it around her shoulders much like Dina had done when she found Violet. Dina could feel the weight shifting from her own shoulders. "So this is what took you so long. I was getting worried..." Evelyn spoke to her daughter as they headed together inside the cottage. "I stumbled upon her in a clearing, there was a battle and Violet was the only one I found breathing. Her strength is failing. She was conscious and moving until this moment." Dina explained knowing Violet no longer perceived them. Her legs went limp and her full body weight has fallen upon Dina a moment before her mother took half of it. They managed to get Violet to the closest unoccupied bed. The interior of the cottage was much like the one you could find in the houses of healing. Multiple beds lined the walls separated by curtains. In the far end an ajar door revealed what appeared to be a kitchen. Dina stretched to relieve some tension from her back as soon as Violet was safely in bed. "Go and bring me water, cloth and soak the herbs you brought." Evelyn instructed her daughter who moved without a word, disappering behind the kitchen doors. Evelyn started removing the clothes the elf wore carefully where she could and tearing them where she thought it unsafe to pull on them. The blood had to be cleaned for her to be able to determine the extent of Violet's injuries. Dina appeared opposite Evelyn and started clearing the blood with a water soaked cloth. Soon they will be able to treat the wounds they find.

Close inspection reveals numerous bruises and scratches but only one major wound: a long series of deep cuts just below the rib cage, left side. The injury had to have been inflicted by a large beast with very sharp talons. Dina knows there are no natural animals of the kind anywhere in the area. This is why she is unable to guess what other potential side effects the wound might hold.

It would appear that Violet fainted from shock and exertion. She likely lost a significant amount of blood but not fatal, given how she did survive all night outside untreated. Good news is that nothing of this is beyond the skills of the girl and her mother.

"Get a needle, you will fix this up while I prepare a potion. What have we in soaking?" Evelyn was already walking to the kitchen. One not used to her rythm would be overwhelmed but Dina was. "Kingsweyn, allium, celandine, parsley, aster." The girl spilled before her mother could see for herself. She liked to know if she could find something before she got her hands in the basin itself. Evelyn worked swiftly, her motions like that of a talented musician handling their instrument. Crushing, draining, extracting, mixing... Potions were delicate work even if it didn't seem that way. Her daughter had already prepared the needle and sterilised it in the fire. It was a good thing that Violet passed out... they didn't need to waste time preparing the numbing potion this way. Dina made a painful grimace as she stitched away. It scared her a little... the thought that someone might need to do this for her... If there even was anyone to do it... They were all flesh and bone after all. Going through the flesh hurt and Dina thought she could feel it along her patients when she worked on them. The girl focused on her work.

By the time Dina was done, so was her mother. Evelyn brought two cups of liquid and went over her daughters work to make sure it was all done right. Dina held her breath, she couldn't help it. When Evelyn proceeded to pour the content of the first cup over the elf's lips she relaxed. She did a good job. Violet was lucky, not everyone gets to be healed with potions. Evelyn thought it was better not to do it except when it was really necessary. It was easy to get them wrong but to Dina they were always miracles when her mother made them. The girl never saw a failed potion from Evelyn. It was exciting to see them work. After a few moments of observation the second potion was poured. A Cleansing Potion and of minor healing she would be told later.

With such professional care it would be a surprise if Violet didn't wake up by evening feeling a whole lot better. The shadow elf's eyes open and blink while she attempts to recognize where she is and who else is in the room. She automatically tenses up and searches her surroundings almost desperately to grasp the situation.

"Dina." Evelyn said simply, getting her daughters attention and directing it do their patient. Dina was carrying some freshly washed cloths which she now laid on the bed next to violet. Her mother was watching her do so as she held her breath. She had no one to teach her but her own mistakes and every time she used potions it was like a gamble to her. By now she mastered the art but always feared and was always on edge when the patient woke up to show her whether she did it right. "Violet? I am Dina, do you remember me? You are safe, this is my home." Evelyn heard Dina say.

Violet blinks a few more times and then visibly calms down. Her breathing becomes deeper and deeper with realization that she is not in danger.

"I... I remember..." she says with the slowness of someone forced to recall their scattered thoughts. "You saved me, didn't you?" For a second there seems to be the making of a smile on her face, but then she remembers more. "I thought I would die. I should have died alongside my troops..." Her head falls down.

"Every life is precious. Now you can continue to fight for what you wanted, what they wanted." Dina smiled gently trying to offer some consolation. "I am very sorry but I need to take a look at your wounds. I don't know what hurt you, do you remember? Do you feel dizzy or sick?" The girl asked in a calming voice as she moved closer to the elf. Her hands went to where the wounds were but her eyes held Violet's asking for consent.

"I feel better." Violet says after a brief self-examination. "My unit was... ambushed, by Ilhirel's legion. All manner of demonic beasts attacked us. I don't even know which put me down in the end. But I know that I failed my unit. Failed the Resistance. I couldn't protect us, couldn't get us out of there... I was their commander, I..." The shadow elf's eyes fill with tears.

It is clear to Dina that she suffered great emotional pain and stress beside her physical injuries. Those often take much longer to heal than flesh and bone.

Dina hugged the girl without a word. She was carefull not to squeeze her too hard for that would cause her pain. Demons? Oh Maker...

Evelyn watched them sympathetically for a few moments. "I am Evelyn, hugging you is my daughter Dina. You will be staying with us until you are fully recovered. When you are ready I would appreciate it if you could tell us more about the beasts you encountered." She informed her patient sternly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back