Digital Disaster

"...ring?" John asked, before glancing down at his hand and seeing the ring on his finger. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he observed the ring for a moment. It had been Arthur's very own ring, that he had used to propose to his former wife. Arthur never talked about her or his son much... but John knew about them. They had died one day due to some.... some damn cheap robbery. Twelve Goddamn dollars was all it took to end their lives. John remembered Arthur talking about it, only once. Once.

But those words still resonated with John even to this day.

As he then had his attention snapped back into reality, John approached Lottie and stood in front of her, grabbing her attention once more. He took her hands into his own once more, this time as more of a calming gesture and not some kind of... well, John didn't really know what to call it. But, he did know what had to be done. He smiled up at her, albeit a bit awkwardly, to hopefully ease the tension of the situation.

"Look... Lottie," He said, his voice scratchy and rough, though its tone soft and full of concern. "I... should have been more clear with you. Everything today's been so damn crazy that, quite frankly, I've very much just been living in the moment here." He said as his thumbs curled upwards on her hands, his grip tightening a bit as he continued to speak. "I'm sorry that you got the wrong idea. It ain't your fault. If anything, it's mine. But..." He paused, his grip on her hands loosening once more as he smirked a bit, shaking his head. "Well, to be quite honest... I haven't really minded the time I've spent with you... and, if you wouldn't mind it, I certainly wouldn't mind spendin' more time with ya." He said, the smirk curling up into a playful one as he leaned forward, though not in a manner like he was about to kiss her. Moreso, just like he was tilting his forehead forward. "Just... don't get any ideas. Otherwise, I fear that your good looks may get the best of me." John said, his voice playful and joking in tone. But was that all it was? Probably.

Maybe.

L3n L3n PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Hikko watched them. "Why can't you fight the old fashion way, afraid to lose?" She taunted as Kyoto ran over to assist the other digimon. Hikko would cross her arms looking at the hackers. Crow Crow

• Nice strategy, but I think I'll apply it in a better way!
    "Now what does this lowlife have in mind..." Red thought to himself.
    "Take that, impostor!" Guilmon told Black Guilmon after launching Fireball after Fireball.
    Then, he prepares himself for another attack from his impostor. Suddenly, a question surfaced on Red's mind. He questioned it, like the 200 IQ philosopher that he is. Why is Dark Red called Dark Red when he is pale? Could this be a reference to Dark/Jak/Marcus, a friend of Red? If not, cannot they just call him Black Re-- Okay, nevermind. That might be racist.

However, Black Guilmon nullifies Guilmon's Fireballs as Dark Red commanded the former to attack with Fire Grenade in a similar fashion.
    "You..." Guilmon hissed, before launching another ball of flames. "FIIIREBAAAALLLLL!!!"
    Unfortunately, for every two Fireball he launches, his impostor nullifies it with just one Fire Grenade. Could Black Guilmon be a Vaccine Digimon?
    "Damn it! He's more powerful..." Red muttered as he saw Guilmon getting forced back by his enemy Digimon. "Keep holding him back!"
    Red has to think of a plan to counterattack... Otherwise, his Digimon partner will eventually get forced back by Black Guilmon. Red might need the assistance of the Agumon and Gabumon. Tokomon and Plotmon have already done enough for now. But he does not feel good using the two wild Digimon's aid, as they need a break after being attacked by the two fanboy scums.
    "Red, Guilmon needs help!" Guilmon shouted, asking for some assistance. "FIREBALL!!!"
    Then something triggers within Red. A natural human instinct that triggers when all hope seems lost: To ask for help.
    "Agu--"
    But before he could even ask for Agumon and Gabumon's support, the two have already moved on their own. Red heard the Agumon speak. We can't just stand there and let him take it!
    DJ, SPIN THAT S***

And then, he also launches a ball of flames, from his mouth, hurling it towards Black Guilmon. No, not Fireball. Pepper Breath.
    "FIIIREBAAAALLLLL!!!" Guilmon joined in, before launching a huge Fireball again.

Gabumon attacks as well. Blue Blaster!
    "LET'S F****ING GOOO!!!!!!"
    "LET'S GOOO!!!"
    THIS B**** HYPE AS F***

Thanks to the two wild Digimon's assistance, the heroic Digimons finally begin to overpower their enemy Digimon. Black Guilmon gets direct hits from Agumon and Gabumon's respective attacks, before losing its exchange with Guilmon. And bit by bit, the tables have turned. Or did it?

Black Guilmon suddenly growled after everyone's attacks.
    "W- What the?"
    "Uhh... Red?"
    Shocking both Red and Guilmon is the sight of their enemy Digimon seemingly charging an attack. Possibly another Fire Grenade. No- It cannot be a normal Fire Grenade! Black Guilmon's growled even louder, before launching a really huge Fire Grenade. Much huger than Guilmon's huge Fireball. That lowkey sounded g** ngl.
    "GUILMON, TARGET IT WITH FIREBALL NOW!!!" Red shouted a command to Guilmon, as an immediate reaction from their Digimon enemy's attack. "AGUMON, GABUMON, DO THE SAME WITH PEPPER BREATH AND BLUE BLASTER!!!"
    "FIIIREBAAAALLLLL!!!" Guilmon shouted, before launching a huge ball of flames from his mouth, hurling it towards the powerful Fire Grenade.
    Will they nullify Black Guilmon's more powerful Fire Grenade with their collective attack? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch

Benedict merely ignored Lana's poor excuses as he continued to drag her down the stairs, "Ah ah ah, dinner...does not talk."

Just as Benedict was about to make his grand golf cart escape...the cavalry came. As Benedict was still running down the stairs, he felt something grab onto his leg, wiggling around. The creature claimed it "Had Dibs" on Lana first, "Ah ah ah...I had dibs on the meat ever since...her beginning. She was destined to be dinner, indeed." Benedict said as he snapped at Josh, "Ah...Josh, confiscate...this creature." Benedict commanded before Josh, now donning rubber gloves, removed the creature from Benedict's leg, and proceeded to hold it out in front of him as they continued to flee.

Then another Lana supporter stepped in front of the exit route and asked Benedict where he was going, "Ah...Josh, we are...almost there, we reached the checkpoint station...this is for you agent." Benedict said before handing the agent another "Them" card. The card was the usual sleek black with gold cursive writing, and if Sarah bothered to look at it, the card would read "Checkpoint Pass".

After another good bit of running, Benedict was finally caught by...them, Lana's chief officers, co-conspirators, side-dishes. As Eric wrapped his arms around Josh, Josh gave a loud honk before dropping Fluffington, then proceeding to peck at the Typhlosion. Benedict, meanwhile, looked at Grey, "Ah" was the only thing he could say before being dropkicked, not even reacting or caring as usual. After Greys attack, Benedict merely stood right back up before pulling out his water pistol, "Ah ah ah.." that's when the detective showed up, "Ah...agent, I'm glad you arrived, these...civilians are preventing me from simply...eating a meal, they have broken several laws indeed."

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow
Crow Crow

metsuboujinrai_net_by_markolios_ddetg0t-pre.png

>Connection Established to MetsubouJinrai.Net
--Jin & Torii--
Crow Crow
latest
latest

Almost an hour had passed, and Jin was starting to get bored waiting for the stupid looking rockstar to come out of the stage.

"Hngg...How long is he gonna be in there?" Jin asked, annoyed as he was laying on several sests at once. "It's getting boring out here!" He said, getting up.

"Maybe we should check the backstage." Torii suggested, "I think all that make up's taking a while to get off."

"Good idea!" Jin said, turning to the stage, "Maybe there, I could kill him!" He said, getting up and skipping along towards the stage, getting ontop of it before heading towards the backstage to find Jimmy KEN, leaving Torii behind for a bit.

"Sir Jin..." Torii sighed before rushing to catch up wtih Jin...

Now where is Jimmy...?

03095E27-A8D8-40A7-8E5C-A7901F503C93.jpeg
Lana

A smile spread across Lana’s face as her friends came to help her... or at least attempted to. Benedict just continued to walk down the stares causing Lana to smack against each step. She didn’t know much about tenderizing things, but if there was such a thing as over tenderizing something Lana believed that she had definitely been over tenderized at this point. Grey cape over to drop kick Benedict but it barely did anything to stop him. What it did do though was cause Benedict to pull harder on her tail as he fell causing her to let out a loud yelp.

“OW! Watch it! This doesn’t come off!”
The detective stoped Benedict to question him, but knowing her luck Benedict would probably just walk past the man if he doesn’t Benedict. At this point she had just given up and sat there with her arms crossed in annoyance.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch Crow Crow DerpyCarp DerpyCarp CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

"No, this is not a dream in the slightest," Mirei replies, "mysterious circumstances have brought you elsewhere. There are many others in your predicament. Coming from a world that neighbours an incarnation of the Digital World, it appears that you have the upper hand in some aspects, even if circumstances have caused you to lose your sources of power...

... perhaps my words are insufficient, and you would like to see things for yourself to believe it?"

Mirei, as she was called, points to some type of circular pad.

"That's the exit, and the entrance. As long as you are able to find this place once, you may come and go as you please...

... oh, would you like the special exit or the standard
@Hahli Nuva

Zoe tilted her head in confusion. It had been years since her adventures in the Digital World. Clearly things had changed since then.

"I'm sorry. It's been awhile since I was here. In the real world, I'm a full grown adult. But here I'm 12 years old again. Could you please explain to me everything that's changed, and why I was brought here?"

Zoe noticed the other girl in the room and she gave her a small smile and a wave. No doubt she was the least of the quirky cast Zoe would be working with.

Crow Crow SheepKing SheepKing

Last edited:
Darild Linken
Condition: not happy

"I think we'll expell you for a change!" one would aggressively reply to Darild.

The two hackers would send forth their Digimon to attack Darild and Getriebe.

Gazimon.jpg
Picodevimon.jpg

"Once we win, we'll get what we came for."

"Wait, do those other two have Digimon?"

"Don't jinx it!"

@Salis @Laix_Lake @GalactaPark
Did they not see Darilds Hagurumon floating right beside him? or were they that idiotic to ignore that one significant detail? none the less Darild (and presumably that girl that confronted the two) now need to deal with those two digimons. Getriebe would come from behind Darild, prepared to for the oncoming battle.
"welp, you jinxed it in the worst way possible. Congratulations." He said in the most sarcastic voice he have muster

"Two against two. Fair enough."

The mammal Digimon starts off by slashing at Crypt's Tentomon, while the small devil Digimon releases various syringe darts at Getriebe!

@Salis @ElenaIsCool @Laix_Lake @GalactaPark
And now the fight commences, The rabbet looking Digimon takes aim at yet another newcomer (just how many people ended up missing the memo on this stuff), as for the bat demon looking Digimon, it chose to attack Getriebe with...syringe darts? Can a sentient gear even take damage from syringe darts? Looks to be the case as Getriebe attempts to dodge the incoming attack.

"Engaging assaliant with Nanomachine Break I." Getriebe fires of his attack at the apposing digimon. Meanwhile, Darild would consider taking out his firearm and end them with hase. but given that he doesn't even know how death works in this digital world (and the fact that those two looked to be younger than those outher guys), he restrains from doing so at the end. Instead he gathers what looked to be a lump of of his own nano machines, takeing care to keep it out of sight.
Hikko watched them. "Why can't you fight the old fashion way, afraid to lose?" She taunted as Kyoto ran over to assist the other digimon. Hikko would cross her arms looking at the hackers. Crow Crow
So she does have a Digimon. But shouldn't she be shout out a move or something? Doesn't matter, he got the opening he needed. He proceeds to throw the mass of nano machines right at the head of one of those Hackers. If it works, he should be able to obstruct one of their faces.

Getriebe would come to Kyoto side.
"A Recommendation, flank from the side of both hackers."

Crow Crow Hexxy Hexxy ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool

Fluffington the Mighty's attempts at a rescue are seemingly ineffective, as she is swiftly captured by the weird Piplup. The Penguin holds her hostage for but a moment before Reinforcements arrive, just as planned! Not at all as planned, there was no plan, what are you talking about fuzzball? "Ah-hah! You may have outsmarted me, but I outsmarted your outsmarting!! Now let her go you ugly abomination!"
The ball of fluff and shine darts over to the hand holding Lana and aims to clamp down as hard as she can. Normally, due to her odd stat alignment, this would have no effect. But seeing as how her odd powers are removed, it reasonably would be assumed that the negative effects would apply aswell, and small creatures have a tendency to have sharp teeth. "Nom!"
Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow Crow Crow

Sarah Kinkle

Sarah was promptly ignored by the joke character, which infuriated her so immensely that she ran after the posh man in the golf cart.

She just arrived in time to see Benedict stop in front of an officer and almost without thinking, high kicked the Benedict’s arm. The force of the blow should force Benedict to let go of the poor creature, or it could do nothing.

Time to find out!

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara
Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
Crow Crow

[div style="background:url(https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jvwiMTtAEyc/WP35J18Vo9I/AAAAAAAAOvQ/eCcvu9wovnA2o62DMOhkOpG8Zi9Z-OguACLcB/s1600/Ikebukuro_MangaCafe02_1492678140.jpg);background-size:cover;no-repeat;background-position: 50% 50%;"][div style="opacity:1.0;
background-image:url(https://image.freepik.com/free-photo/brown-concrete-wall-background_43665-111.jpg);background-size:125%;background-position: 110% 100%;width:50%;border:10px solid #310306;margin:auto;max-height:100%;"]

SHERLOCK HOLMES
@Ikebukuro, Police Station
And now, Sherlock would find himself in the police station.

Matayosi_gorou.jpg

"Well, there's usually only one reason I'd be in Ikebukuro, unless there's a case, then there'd be two- oh, looks like someone's here to make a report. I best not interrupt your work."

The hardboiled old man would leave the reception area as Sherlock walks in, allowing the policeman he was conversing with to continue with his work. The hardboiled old man would begin to leave.

"Well, time to check on Ryuji and the gang."

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain @IkebukuroAreaPoliceStation​

Sherlock arrived at the police station and entered the reception area, passing the hard-boiled old man as he made his way to the officer at the front desk.

"Excuse me, officer. I would like to speak to someone in regards to the recent string of account thefts. Preferably the officer in charge of the investigation."

( Crow Crow @Ikebukuro)
[/div][/div]

Josh clearly failed as the evil creature now bit Benedict’s hand, “Ah.” Benedict said before throwing the thing off his hand, staring into the creatures eyes. “My turn.” Benedict said before pulling out a bear trap, hurling it at Fluffington. Then Sarah attempted to kick his arm...no good. Benedict merely caught her leg with his other hand, “Ah....time to continue, Josh....we must activate operation...fast escape....after all, the meat is....still not tenderized.” Benedict stated before he and Josh both quickly got on the ground, and proceeded to roll down the stairs, Benedict keeping that signature mysterious grin while Lana started to be bashed and banged even more on the staircase. Josh however, was falling behind, frantically honking and waving as he proceeded to hit every step. But one thing was for certain, the sight of the golf cart reached ever closer.

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara
Crow Crow

8669F84C-356E-4165-995B-FC33B16F39AC.jpeg
Lana

Lana watched as the other attempts to stop Benedict was also a failure. She wasn’t surprised though. However, Lana’s deadpan stare was interrupted at the sound of Benedict’s next words.

“Wait... operation fast escape...? Not tenderized...? What are you-“
Before Lana could even finish talking, Benedict dropped to the floor and began to roll down the stairs. This of course caused Lana to smack against basically everything. The wall, the stairs, the railing, even anyone who was in the way.
“OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!”
It was a miracle none of this knocked her unconscious.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow DerpyCarp DerpyCarp PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

ddaz8pj-02a825be-b870-480f-8e0f-c80901612261.png

ddiwomr-e4646661-d515-459f-bfaa-831c676478f1.png
"KID YOU GOTTA CALM DOWN A BIT, LIKE CRYING IS OK TO DO
BUT I DON'T THINK YOU WANT TO DO THAT"

Even amongst his loud cries and the incessant crackling of electricity, Kier's words seemed to echo as clear as day. Indeed, the last thing Wray wanted was to be in this situation... Not only were things all very scary and confusing right now but having the recently bestowed power going haywire on its own, knowing the risks it posed just made the whole thing that more terrifying, feeding into some kind of self-continuing cycle.

If anything, he just wanted to be home. Away from trigger-happy crazies, rampaging beasts or people that could actually get hurt.
The others knew what the boy could do, heck, first thing they had done upon meeting introduced themselves and their new-found abilities! There was a whole system in place to avoid this! Khy had some shields, Nora's power was literally more shields, but magical shields, and Wyndmin could cure everyone which was great!!

...He missed everyone so much. Adventures were a lot less scary with the party.

The knightly-inventor had tried to approach, but as lighting struck the area nearby, could only go so far. Who knows what it is he had been up to on the ground? The man's colorful block assortment dinosaur thing seemed rather interested and Wray's current predicament was trying to calm down amidst shallow breaths and a burning sensation growing in his chest, wailing like a siren and feeling more lost and solitary than he ever had. What a pickle.

"Super Shocker!"

"Electric Shock!"

One of the newcomer's two Digimon had been enlisted to help, somehow using their respectively electricity-based attacks to attract and steer away some of the teenager's own discharges. Arclight, that until that point had been non-stop tugging at its sobbing tamer and calling out for him to no avail, took notice of the maneuver almost instantly, at first being rather intimidated of joining them, alternating gazes between the Tentomon-Betamon duo and Wray. Eventually, there's some courage to be found, and the Elecmon hopped over too, a determined expression on its face, watching what they did with utmost attention:

sample-8d7bada4fdbbef967109adb03c210117.jpg
"R-Ripping Net!", it let out loudly, steering some of the lighting strikes away itself, gaze similarly erratic with apprehension as it shouted back at its tamer, "Uhh kid! This is getting rather dangerous here! I don't wanna rush you or anything, but humans aren't normally immune to electricity!!"

With an agreeing disheartened, troubled nod, the inventor-wannabe took a sequence of deep breaths, shaking, trying to at least still his beating heart enough for the discharges to begin dying down. It's hard, attempting to regain one's breathing rate while feeling like drowning even harder into the sorrow. Wray's chest ached, his throat burned and through tears all there was to see was the alien electric blue environment. A grim reminder of the crushing loneliness that didn't seem to go away...

"Can I have a little context please?"

Uh-oh. There it was, that dreaded lecture. Knowing that he'd have to soon try and explain himself, the distraught teen swallowed in a desperate effort, as if attempting to forcefully gulp down all the ragging emotions he felt, somewhat successfully reducing the loud wail from before to whimpers and sniffles. The static hadn't been entirely gone, but dimmed, no longer striking the ground chaotically and back into a more aura-like stance. The creature made of stone took a loot at the downed man and continued making questions.

"Context of context. You guys aren't directly fighting Hackers, are you?"

Wray had opened his mouth trying to say something and no sound came out. As if choking on the words, he has to bring a hand to his chest, take a deep breath and try again, his voice coarse, spent from all the crying, each new sentence a struggle to let free:

"I-I didn't know, I-"
, the sound had gotten stuck, the boy wincing as if in pain, and still he kept going, determined to make the explanation,
"It was talking weird, repeating everything... I thought it could be mind-controlled- I-I just wanted to free it...!"
, tears start pooling again, it feels bad to know that he's done something apparently wrong even if there was no way of knowing,
"Bu-but-!"
, he sniffles trying to keep himself together,
"But then the other one, the one in the hoodie he just- He just shot-!"

A new wail rang out and Wray's aura of electricity once more had grown brighter, fiercer though it's wasn't comparable to what it have once been a minute ago, not even close:

"AND THEY WERE DOWN AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND AND-"
, he cannot keep it up breaking down in sobs once more,
"I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!!"

But what was he even sorry about?
For apparently shocking a guy he wasn't supposed to? For almost electrocuting another person in friendly-fire? For putting everyone in this dangerous, risky situation? For even being there? For almost falling off of the ferris wheel earlier and being a nuisance? For always making people have to care for him? For existing in the first place? For being unable to control himself and always running off to do stuff he shouldn't?

There were many, many things to be sorry for...

"...Huh?"

And that's when Wray felt something grip at one of his boots, then more tiny taps. With the surprise, the electricity had been instantly cut out, as the boy looked down to assess the situation and almost melted at the adorable sight of Cassandra's robots trying to get his attention. Squealing in delight, the inventor-wannabe hadn't wasted a minute to crouch and give the machines a nice group hug, beginning to tear up again as he did so. Arclight and the Hagurumon had soon joined the party, the Elecmon having gripped its tamer's arm as if hugging it, getting dragged into the group hug when said arm had been put around it. The Hagurumon didn't exactly fit with the others, --Wray's arm were only so long--, so it got some pets instead, which sounded weird with the metal-in-metal action from the gauntlets and its metallic shell. Quite noisy.

From loneliness to feeling part of something, the teenager had shot the lab-coat lady a glance of gratitude. The two Digimons, three tiny robots and 14-year-old would then settle for a bit into the hug, just having a nice friendly, relaxing time with no fights or discharges. At least for a minute, before it seemed like the group would have to move again.

"Well, looks like we're done here. Let's go."

"R- right."

"Oh! We should follow them, I bet they're leaving for a log out location!", Arclight had let out loudly, freeing itself from the hug and taking some hops in the direction of the strangers.

"Log... out?"
, Wray had parroted, tiliting his head in confusion,
"What's a log out?"

"Oh, it's uhh...", The Elecmon had been taken aback by the question, shouldn't this kid know of this already? Where else would he have come through?, "It's how you get back to the real world?"

"The real world?..."
, the boy let go of the hug companions allowing them to go back to Cassandra, slowly getting back up himself,
"I get to go home?!"

The lizard-like Digimon had no idea of what to respond to that and instead just remained quiet, turning around and making a 'come' motion as it continued following after the two from before. Not wanting to be left behind, Wray had dashed after, gesturing and calling towards both Cassandra and Kier to come with them, if they weren't already following, --or were walking too slow--, then removing the Stun Gauntlets and storing them back on their designated pouches.

As soon as all three of them were in the same path, he'd slow down to pace near the other two inventors, drying his still wet face with his arm. With the brightest, most innocent smile one could muster, the inventor-wannabe had started, at first in a rather embarrassed tone:

"Hey uhh, you two..."
, he had looked at the ground for a while, as if looking for the courage to say things,
"Sorry for that outburst back there and being a bit of a handful but uhh I really appreciate it... That you didn't leave me behind or straight gave up on me..."
, his smile grows a tad sad for a second, before returning to that typical bright-eyed child kind of feel,
"Honestly, thank you a lot! It really means a ton to me~"

And with that, the journey continued, some small talk here, some small talk there and eventually... everything had gone dark.

It didn't seem like the darkness would be going away on its own.

He waited and waited and waited, but nope, Wray still couldn't see a thing! For a moment he thought that maybe he was going blind, which would be a shame because then the inventor-wannabe wouldn't be able to tinker with things! But given that Vernalis' own power had, in fact, blinded her, it didn't seem all that silly to assume... It was only when he tried to scratch an itch at the tip of his nose that his hand touched something new. There was something in his face!

...His mind had instantly been thrown back at the tentacled thing from before and he panicked, taking the thing out, letting it slam on the table and attempting two steps back that took the chair with him. The seat toppled, the boy had fallen backwards and ended up beside the bed, arms and legs in the air. Promptly sitting up, heart still beating fast, he had peeked from the ground with suspicion at the assortment of unknown things on top of the desk and then it finally hit him... this wasn't home.

It was oddly quiet outside too, lacking the usual ramble of motors and functioning machinery... So, it wasn't Reocopia either:

"Wray Arth Davenport, just where have you ended up this time?"

It was all so... white and clean looking? Even the objects that were somewhat familiar weren't exactly like the ones he knew.
This was like home, but also not home! Weird!! There wasn't even a radio anywhere!

The boy got back into a standing position, alarmed, erratic gaze taking in everything new with the utmost attention and caution. He sat on the bed and- oh, it was a lot comfier than anything he had ever been at before, wooah- and began thinking about it logically... And wait, there was something missing here, wasn't it?

...THE ELECTRICITY DISCHARGES!

W-what, how? He was obviously distressed about this, accelerated heart-rate and everything, but there were no crackles of static to be heard, no natural light to be dispersed...! Getting up like a bolt, Wray had made a dash for the bathroom, too preoccupied with something to truly pay attention to how different it was too. Nope, it was still there, a magical rune of sorts... in his left thigh. Except that it wasn't the usual electric-blue color, it was just black, like an ink drawing. Curious, he licked one of his fingers and tried scrubbing the marking with it to see if flaked off. Nothing. So he tried scratching at it and when that failed picked up the soap bar and tried washing it off.

Like the first time that the teenager had tried that, the magical marking did not go away. It just seemed kind of... inert for some reason.
...Didn't that make it seem like he had done this to himself though?! Argh, that just made it woooorse!

Shorts back on and now internally dying of embarrassment, it was time to actually survey the bathroom. The first thing that had caught Wray's attention was a comb sitting by a shelf. Why? Because it was grey, but not made out of any metal! In fact, hitting the odd object against the sink made it go 'tchak-tchak', such a flat sound. He wondered what it was made of since wood didn't make a sound like that... Still, a comb was a comb and as such, the teenager had untied the low ponytail and taken the coppery pins out, letting the comb of unknown material do its job. That felt nice, put him a little less on edge...

"Cassandra? Kier...?"
, the inventor-wannabe had called after them, having once more stepped back in the room and wondering if he truly was alone,
"Wyndmin? Errin? Raiah...? Valorin? Sion? Nora? ...Khy? V-vernalis? A-anybody?"

".......Dad?"

No response, just silence. Waay too much silence that was beginning to be discomforting. He sighed, oh well, it seemed like he was on his own again...

Now that it had been established that he was, in fact, alone and in yet another world, the teenager went to search for his tools because apparently huge dangling belts didn't go with the aesthetic of the place, or something, neither belt pouches attached to it. Going back to the table with the lightbox thing that looked like a television, but had the screen too wide and plain to be one, --plus was incredibly thin and tiny--, it hadn't been too hard to spot them, neatly organized in the corner, screws separated from the nuts, separated from some mini gears and etc... It was better organized than if it had been done by himself.

"Hey kid, over here!"

The voice had prompted the boy to stop for a moment, glancing over the objects in the desk as if searching for something.

"No no, down here!"

He looked down and saw his feet, surprisingly boot-less. Panicking slightly at this discovery, the steampunk teen had then looked around the room to find his boots near the door. There was a relieved sigh.

"Wray, back at the table.", the voice sounded sightly done, as if facepalming, "There's a device, on top of the table..."

Indeed there was, in front of all his tools, a tiny calculator-like object that fit in between his fingers, black and chocolate-coloured, definitely technological in nature and inside it was...

"Arclight?!"
, a squarely kind of image bounced inside the glass of the strange appliance, boxes with text popped up whenever it spoke,
"How did you get in there??"

The Elecmon seemed troubled by the question, "Y-you're in the real world now!", Wray had put the comb down and reached out for something behind the device never once stopping glaring at it, "As a Digimon, a Digital Monster, I can't follow you there- Ah, w-what are you doing??"

"Don't worry, Arclight..."
, the teenager had said bringing an object from the back of the table into the front,
"I'll free you from this thing!"

"What? No!", the Digimon panicked and the device vibrated in accordance, a wrench was being held with the intention of bashing the glass with it, "There's nothing wrong with this, it's just how it works! P-please put that down..."

"Oh. Ah, okay then..."
, Wray seemed unsure but put the tool down anyway,
"Sorry about that."

"What a crazy kid you are sometimes...", the Elecmon had let out under its breath, "You're... not from here are you? Normally people would know of these things..."

"Nope! I've never seen anything like that before~!"
, the teenager had clapped his hands together any kind of uneasiness with the new room long forgotten,
"The place I come from, Reocopia, is fuuuull of big machinery and steam pumps, and oil lamps, and the outside rumbles constantly with flying vessels cutting through the sky! It's like a ship and a zeppelin at the same time, it's great!! I wanna work with them when I'm older! Build the really cool things~"

"I'm surprised you don't have a radio around... Or a clock. How do you tell the time?"

"...Isn't that a clock on top of the bed? Right behind you?"

The boy turned around and lo and behold, there was definitely something hung on top of the bed, stuck to the wall. Wray squinted at it, the weird plate thing... It was thin, didn't seem to be made of any material he knew... Maybe the same material of the comb? It was also covered with a glass that reflected light weirdly. But, the numbers were there, and the pointer hands were moving as you'd expect them to move on a clock...

"What a rather simplistic design..."
, he had tilted his head at it, looking fixedly at the strange object,
"Should be fairly easy to put back together though..."

"Uhh, Wray?"

"Oh, right!"
, he turned back around, away from the temptation to dismantle the clock,
"Hooow do you know my name? I don't remember sharing it..."

"That's what it says in the profile", Arclight pointed to a specific corner of the screen where his name was written in electric-blue and white letters, "Wray Arth Davenport, this is your Digivice now."

The teenager blinked,
"I-I don't get anything... Where are we?"

"The GPS says Nakano."

"GPS??"

"Uhhh, is a thing that lets you know where you are so you don't get lost."

"Not a compass?"

"Weeell, there's a compass too but why w-"

"THERE'S A COMPASS TOO?!"

Instantly lowering his head to the level of this so-called 'Digivice', Wray looked at it in complete amazement and disbelief. H-how many more things could such a tiny contraption do??! He raised it up in the air and looked under it, then flipped it around a couple of times, the Elecmon's complaints could be heard in the background. IT WAS SO SMALL??? AND WEIGHTED SO LITTLE TOO??? WHAT??
He shook his head trying to get the overwhelming confusion the felt out, breathing a little shallow, okay time to change the subject. Setting Arclight carefully down once more, the teenager pointed at the bigger lightbox, picking the comb back up and sliding it against his hair to calm down:

"What's this thing called? What does it do?"
, he glanced at the glassy-cover where colorful images danced about,
"What's this EDEN all about?"

"That's the computer. It can do many many things... Just as many things as the Digivice can, I'd argue. EDEN is the digital world you were in just about an hour ago.", the teenager had opened his mouth to make more questions but the Digimon cut in front guessing what the question would be, "It was created by the humans, a world inside a device that you can travel to whenever you'd like. However, it's not real, just like me, the things on EDEN cannot cross into the real world. People use avatars to interact with the EDEN. They represent real people using the application but are not real people themselves."

"Honestly, I'm impressed that you were wandering Kowloon without even knowing these things. If you didn't make an account and set up an avatar yourself, then how did you even get in the EDEN in the first place?"

Jerking his head towards the device and Arclight, Wray had stopped the comb, an expression of apprehension in his face. He thought about it and the only thing he could remember were the weird tentacled things that had attacked him, soon the boy was closing his eyes and shivering at the image.

"Well... I suppose, that's something we have to find out..."

These weren't all the questions he wanted to do, and half of it still made little to no sense, however, deeming it enough time to spend inside the room the teenager had finally put the chair back in place and started to think about heading outside. Muscle memory kicked in as he had picked up the Digivice, the boy had thrown it high up in the air just as he was used to doing with the wrenches all the time... Arclight's cries echoed from the device:

"Ahhh no! You're going to break it like this!"

With the complaint, Wray had blinked and finally realized what he had just done. Both Digimon and tamer panicked, the later stepping right and left trying to save the device. It worked, though he had managed to catch it upside down... It was odd to read the letters like this.

"S-sorry~ I throw tools up all the time, let them flip in the air... It's pretty cool~~!"

"...This isn't strong enough to survive a fall like that. P-please be more careful with it."

The inventor-wannabe proceeded to pet the device in sympathy, before pocketing it properly. With quite fewer pockets than he was used to, some objects would have to be put together with each other. The shirt's front pocket had been filled with screws and the like, it was also where his hairpins sat whenever they weren't in use, hanging in the outside of the pocket. The shorts' pockets had been separated in tools + copper wires and Degivice + stun gauntlets. Or well, what had once been the gauntlets.

Instead of the scrap-metal gloves with circuits running through that he was so used to seeing, somehow they had been turned into some kind of gloves, actual gloves, of an undescribed heavy fabric. The only way of telling what they had once been was the ornate gold lining in the palms, following exactly the pattern of the wiring that he himself had once set up so carefully. At this point, the teenager was taking all the changes in apparel and equipment in stride. Surely, there was some kind of world rule that they were being put under the whims of?

If he recalled correctly, the problem with Reocopia and Irentha collapsing into each other was exactly the straining of said world rules, so much that both worlds would eventually break... He guessed this 'Nakano' place wasn't under the same tense conditions.

Finally tying his ponytail back then making his way to the door to get his boots, Wray had almost out back the hairpins too, but then when he glanced at the wardrobe, there seemed to be a change of clothing ready? There wasn't much difference from that outfit to the one the boy was already wearing, just a palette swap from egg-white and copper-brown to a more common monochrome one, except for one thing! An adorable beret. Why someone thought to add a beret to his usual outfit he'd never know, but he liked it!
Before even actually wearing the boots, the inventor-wannabe had gone for the hat, promptly putting it on his head, then twirling around as if to see how he looked, despite the lack of a mirror in the room. In a much lighter mood, he had then giggled to himself in delight and gone back for the boots.

Deciding to check the outside world before the urge to disassemble the so-called computer came full-strength, Wray had opened the door and stepped out in the corridor to find... A lady that smelled funny trying to talk to a duck and then both of them leave. The oddest part had been the fact that the avian had clearly crossed back into one of the apartments... Wray thought about it, but he couldn't remember of any birds being part of their dislocated group, except for the Digimon. And there were lots of interesting things about said group, not the kind that one would easily forget.

Oh well, time to explore~~!
And by that, he meant looking around in the corridors and such to see if he found Kier or Cassandra... Exploring was better to do with others.

@Birb, @Jeef_jones, Crow Crow , @I'mAlive!AndQuiteLateApologies​

Last edited:

Duck

The ballerina in training paled at Miss Mirei’s mention of her Lalamon. She did feel guilty for leaving Mr. Sprouts behind but Duck’s fear of the little digital demon substantially outweighed her regret. Slowly her neck craned in the direction of Mr. Sprouts hoping for some bit of mercy to come. There the digimon stood beside the bone picked clean, glaring with pure malice at her. Before Duck could even get a word in to beg, Mr. Sprouts sprung on to her, attempting to know on her head with its tiny little mouth. Thankfully a feeding hole as small as his, the digimon could barely fit a handful of hair into his jaws, saving Duck from being consumed from the beast. Carefully Duck pried the Lalamon off her skull and held him in a position that prevented him from any further attempts to harm herself or others around them. With her safety ensured Duck could finally reply back to the purple haired lady‘s comment after the blonde haired girl said her stuff. In fact there’s was a few other things that the girl wanted but even she’d knew it’d be rude to interrupt someone else. Idly listening in Duck was shocked at the fact that the girl was a full grown adult. She didn’t look a day over twelve! Stunned by this reveal, Duck stood flabbergasted until she quickly realized that the woman had finished speaking.

Almost a bit too quickly Duck entered the conversation, stammering out, “Well uh, I was wondering with a few things about this whole “digital” world type of stuff. Sorta like you too Miss...?” She realized that the stranger hadn’t even introduced herself yet, making the situation pretty awkward. Duck quickly picked up where she’d left of with the pink tinge of embarrassment painting her cheeks. “Back where I’m from this would be pretty futuristic! I’m also a bit confused about why in the real world I turn back in-I mean why we lose our powers and stuff” Duck scratched the back of her head while letting a strained smile appear on her lips before continuing with, “I guess it’s my fault for spacing out during most of the explanation haha...”.

She did also have one other thing to ask of the woman, considering that she couldn’t turn back into a human in the real world Duck didn’t have a lot of use there.Duck’s weren’t allowed in most places and unless her teammates just so happened to speak the language of Duck’s, she wouldn’t even be able to communicate with them in the slightest.Her winged feathers couldn’t write and nobody even knew that this lousy Duck was her, much less Tutu. The point was Duck was downright useless in the real world. This unfortunate discovery did fortunately lead to a less so tragic one. From what Duck knew Miss Mieri worked here all by herself with only the angel and demon lady as coworkers and while three was better than nothing, she was sure that four wouldn’t be too big of a crowd either.

“And...is there anything that I could do to help you with? I’m not the strongest or smartest or most talented person out there but I’d be happy to do anything really!”

Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva Crow Crow
Form: Human

Last edited:
Yang Xiao Long
(We Live in a Society)

As Hotaru started talking to Yang again, she put the album back with the box's contents, her smile fading to return herself to the seriousness she once had. From the start, getting the police involved could be a potential benefit as they and the Huntsmen could, and have, cooperate to drop more dangerous threats down the line back at Remnant. In this case, she was thinking about the detectives she and Hotaru had met with back at Kowloon, and how they could help out with the trap that might've already been set off. There was a note on the ticket that not only did not go unnoticed, but made it a little more suspicious, as since she had seen hijacked Digimon back at Kowloon itself. That said, she shot an agreement towards her teammate.

"That could be a good idea. If we get the police involved in what appears to be a trap, we could have more of a chance to stop it from taking any more people with it."

Then Hotaru agreed that the sole way to find out was to charge straight into it to risk getting hacked in order to intercept it. Yet, there was another way of finding out if it was a trap after all, that she haven't thought of until now, and that was reading up about it well after the fact. To her, however, that would be when all is said and done, and nothing more could, or rather would be done with it with the loose ends tied. But she still wanted to find out for herself in person; after all, adventure was her thing, and exploring a potential trap in the guise of a digital rock concert was sure to be an exciting thing for her as a person and a Huntress. If she died, at least she knew what she was doing best.

"And if we are to investigate the concert, I say we do it right now, especially since a few people might've already fallen into that trap."

As she was about to say something else, Yang was thrown off by a "Gardevoir", or rather a human who used to be one, experiencing a panic attack and struggling to stay on her two feet from all the sensory overload. She almost dropped the package in unpleasant surprise, as she shot a concerned look towards the panicking, but oddly familiar-looking human. Before she could do something, Hotaru had already stepped in to stop her from falling into the ground on her face; good thing, because she might've lost the ticket and rendered herself unable to do anything about the concert. That said, she rushed over to the scene and watched as the Persona user helped her up. She had nothing but questions.

"You okay?! What happened?"

Crow Crow (GM)
Interactions: Veradana Veradana (Hotaru), Jeremiah Jeremiah (Gardevoir)
Mentions:

Her face burned deep pink at the woman’s touch. Worse, she nearly dropped her in the panic, but quickly regained her grip.

“I-I’m sorry, but you’ve made a mistake!” Hotaru didn’t know who Leda was, but whoever they were, they were obviously someone dear to this person. She looked up at Yang, but the blonde didn’t have any more idea about this than she did. A list of different conditions ran through her mind as to what could have caused the panic attack: agoraphobia, anxiety; so many people did poorly in cities, even ones smaller than Tokyo.

Hotaru looked back up at Yang. They clearly wouldn’t be doing their own investigating anymore; they couldn’t just leave this person alone like this.

“We’ll have to keep an eye on her condition,” she said, “or at least, at least one of us will have to, since we can’t know for sure what caused this episode.” Leaving her sitting in the entryway didn’t seem right; would it be better to bring her up to one of their apartments to rest? Waking up in a strange place could just cause another attack though.

“Yang-san, do you think that we should wait for her to wake up here, or take her to one of our apartments to rest? Either way,” she said, touching the victim’s forehead with the back of her hand, looking worriedly between her and Yang, “I think that one of us can watch over her, and the other can go report the concert thing to the police.”

marc122 marc122 Jeremiah Jeremiah
Crow Crow

"Crossing dimensions tends to do some rather strange things to one's body, not even I know of its full potential," Mirei explains to Zoe, "your case is a lot less drastic than most other cases, that is not to say it is uncommon. Things such as species, age and even abilities can be altered as the realm's way of making you 'fit in' to its laws of reality - turning humans to toys and beasts, and vice versa. I myself am unsure of how a change in age does that, but perhaps it is an error in caculation by higher beings? Considering how a change in age is much less drastic than a change in species or abilities, I would not rule out the possibility of a minor error or glitch in crossed realities. In a way, adults and children are entirely different species. Mhmmhmm...

... as for how you were brought here, I am unsure of the true reason, but something tells me that I am uncovering it bit by bit."

"Well, in this reality, Digimon are beings that defy the more standard laws of physics and what many call 'common sense', and can only manifest in Digital Spaces. I assume the same applies to your various abilities,"
Mirei explains to Duck, "your magic will not work in reality, and neither will the magic of others, unless in a digital space where one is free to defy reality...

... The best way to help me is to help those I am helping. That includes yourselves, and a certain someone you will meet as soon as you leave. She's powerful in her own accord, but most people who wield the power of Digimon find a lot more power in the bonds of friendship... she might need the boost."

Hahli Nuva Hahli Nuva SheepKing SheepKing

"Looks like your escape won't be as fast as you think!" Matayoshi, noting that the gang had done most of the work, simply pursued Benedict in a standard fashion.

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow DerpyCarp DerpyCarp PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Crow Crow

"The guy just left, but address the situation to me and I'll direct it to Cyber Crimes Division."

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

Jin found something of a door - a backdoor perhaps - in the backstage. Suspiciously light security here. It even had a DEMONS logo on it.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

A great explosion was formed as a result of the colliding attacks between BlackGuilmon, Guilmon, Agumon and Gabumon, pushing all parties back as it created a thick layer of smoke. Now, anything could happen here!

Agumon and Gabumon decided to charge in head-on, but were smacked away and out of the smoke with a reasonably loud THUD sound.

RedLight RedLight @KowloonLevel2​

--Jin & Torii--
Crow Crow
latest
latest

As Torii caught up with Jin, she noticed that, somehow, there wasn't any security roaming around the perimeters. Which is odd, considering how Jimmy KEN is said to be popular and all.

"Sir Jin, did you happen to run into anyone else?" She asked as she found Jin right in front of Jimmy KEN's door. He knew this because of the peculiar logo which he had seen in the concert stage proper.

"Nope. Just me." Jin shook his head. "Which makes things easier for me." He smiled, chuckling as he cocked his gun. "Here we go, Torii-chan!" He says, soon holding the knob, twisting it and opening the door...!

688046_5723308c07e71_ciA2NDIDNjBfMjAwNw==.jpg

Pretty nice place Jin ended up in. You could almost live there! Pool tables scattered, a bar, a nice stage and the big 'DEMONS' emblem, with some people scattered about, not too many, however, and given their placement, it wouldn't be too hard to sneak around them. Based on the textures of the place, this was likely a part of the creeping undergrowth of EDEN known as Kowloon.

Additionally, he would see someone step on a circular pad and rise up, seeming to teleport somewhere. Based on the guy's back - sleeveless leather jacket and shaggy hair - it would seem that that was his target.

--Jin & Torii--
Crow Crow
latest
latest

"Woah...This is in the backstage?" Jin said in surprise, seeing how spacious it is, given its multitude of pool tables, vending machines, hell, they even got some billboard with the DEMON's logo on it. The floor looked familiar though...Is it that Kowloon place? Before he could ponder more about it, there was a glimpse of a familiar person ascending up, disappearing. He was wearing a sleeveless leather jacket and had shaggy as hell hair...That's Jimmy KEN! "There he is..." Jin smiled, glancing at the people who are, somehow, busy with the pool tables. They wouldn't notice some rando chase after their lead singer now, would they?

Jin skipped towards the teleport pad, opting to go to wherever KEN had teleported to...

After Benedict hit the last step, he stood up and dusted himself off before....oh dear. “Ah....Josh, the checkpoint agent is...confiscating the golf cart.” Benedict said as he saw Sarah, sitting in the drivers seat. “Looks like you forgot to show...your checkpoint pass.” Benedict said to Josh disappointingly before looking back at Sarah, “Ah ah ah agent...Josh here is....eternally regretful of forgetting to show you his checkpoint pass.” Benedict said as Josh, with pleading eyes, held up his pass to the woman, “Honk?”. As Josh held up the card, Sarah may or may not have noticed Benedict off to the side now, shoving Lana into the before mentioned portable oven. “Ah....I win.” Benedict said as the ovens insides started to glow

Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

Last edited:
"Hey! You! Stop there!"

Uh oh. Jin was spotted before he could enter the pad.

"Where's your pride for the DEMONS!? Your pride for Jimmy KEN!? Put this on!"

The masked person that approached him gave him a matching mask. After which, Jin was bothered no further.

The little devil Digimon would be smacked by Getriebe's Nanomachine Break, while his Hacker would be smacked in the face, temporarily blinded by such.

The small mammal Digimon took this opportunity to strike Kyoto with claws doused with poison!

Crow Crow Hexxy Hexxy ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool @GalactaPark​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back