Digital Disaster

• Everything that had happened since the death of Lyle had been a blur to Jesse. He hadn't payed attention to the votes, or the arguing, or anything around him, really. All he could do was stand there and stare at the charred, decomposing body in front of him in complete and utter disbelief. And then, before he knew it, two weeks had somehow passed and everyone was off in different locations. It was all a blur for Jesse, really. He had mostly spent the time up in his apartment, getting high off of whatever non-Blue Sky he could get his hands on.

But that still didn't do the trick.

He was at a loss. Why the hell did this dude matter so much to him anyways? He didn't know the guy. But still... he had been burned alive. Who the hell deserved a death like that? Maybe people like Tuco.... but not him. Not some dude who just wanted to fucking help. To do right in the world. The hell was so wrong with that? It didn't make sense to Jesse why the good people had to be the ones who had this kinda shit happen to them. All of it was just so.... fucked. And it was a feeling that drugs couldn't even help him escape. What the hell could, then?

587549af1063eb350d61bef4.png

Well, that was a start.

With a sigh escaping his lips, Jesse leaned over the table and slowly lifted up the VR headset that he had been brought into this world with. As he strapped it on over his head and powered it on, the screen before him flashed to life, and suddenly...

He was back.

Doggymon.jpg

"Hey, Jesse." A sudden deep voice said as soon as the man entered. The meth dealer glanced around a bit, confused as to what the sudden voice was. A few moments later, he found that it was a strange... dog creature. At this point, Jesse had just forced himself to get used to the whole talking animals thing. Of course, it was still all really fucking strange to see, and he would never FULLY get used to that fact, no matter how much he tried to convince himself otherwise. But while he had grown... tolerant of this fact, there was still one fact that he WASN'T tolerant of, and this one didn't just apply to random talking animals.

"How the hell do you know my name?"

"Oh, well that's simple," The dog creature said as its lips curled up into an even wider, friendlier smile than before. Although for whatever reason its tongue still hung out of its mouth. "I'm your Digimon, Jesse!"

"No you're not, bitch!" Jesse shouted, his expression becoming one of slight anger as he looked over the talking dog some more. "Razor Thunder Bitch-a-mon was a big rat... not some yellow dog... thing!"

"Razor thunder...." The dog paused on that, before he realized that's probably what Jesse decided to name him. He would worry about that later. For now, however, he just shook his head and continued. "It doesn't matter. Back to the topic at hand. That topic being that I am your Digimon, Jesse. I just..." Razor Thunder Bitch-a-mon paused again and looked himself over for a moment, gesturing to his new body. "Evolved."

"You... evolved?" Jesse asked in not a confused tone, but one of more disbelief than anything else.

"Mhmm. I'll explain later, but all Digimon do it." He further said, and Jesse only slowly nodded in response. Honestly, Jesse was so tired at this point, and this thing sounded and acted like his Digimon, so he believed him... for now.

"Right... well, let's get going, then." Jesse replied as he began to walk in the other direction. His Digimon only nodded in response and began to walk in the other direction as well. Eventually, they came across Lana and her crew, which caused Jesse to immediately freeze up in fear. "Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit..."

"What?" Razor Thunder Bitch-a-mon asked in confusion as he glanced forward from behind Jesse's back.

"That's the girl, yo." He whispered through grit teeth, his stance stiff and rigid as he held out his arms in front of his Digimon, as if to try and protect it from this non-existent threat.

"The... girl?"

"Yeah, you know? The one I threatened to fucking kill earlier in that internet cafe?" Jesse asked, which caused his Digimon's eyes to widen in shock.

"You threatened to murder a girl!?" Razor Thunder Bitch-a-mon shouted, loud enough to get their attention. Before Jesse could explain further, however, the Digimon had made his way around Jesse and towards Lana and her crew. Jesse only sighed and facepalmed as he watched. "Hey. Hi. Yeah, uh... sorry about my master... for trying to murder you earlier.... big mistake on his part, I know. But I would like to apologize on his behalf, if that's okay!" The Dogmon exclaimed as he clasped his hands together, smiling. Jesse just facepalmed and avoided their gaze all the while.

...and then he got an alert on his phone.

Deciding to use this as an opportunity to get the hell outta this awkward situation, Jesse grabbed his Digimon by his wrist and dragged him off towards the meetup area. And then, to his unsurprise, he found another dead body. Unlike with Lyle, however, Jesse wasn't nearly as torn up over this one. He was more... melancholic. He remembered the stuff that the Benedict guy had pulled, what he had done. Was he upset over it? Yeah, of course. Benedict was nowhere near as bad as some of the crazy assholes Jesse had met in his time. But at the same time... he just couldn't bring himself to be distraught over it like he was with Lyle.

Jesse's first course of action was an odd one, and that was to investigate Josh's cause of death.

Crow Crow

Benedict Cucumberpatch and Jack Atlas would awaken in a quaint little house, their Digimon partners resting on the top of their blankets in a manner not too different from housecats.

It should be noted that Josh was sleeping by Benedict as if he were a teddy bear to be hugged each night, strangely.

An old man of short stature walks in.

Jijimon.jpg

"Thank goodness you're awake! You should get some fresh air when you can. Cooping up in a stuffy room won't do young'ns like you any good."

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch QizPizza QizPizza

It appears that Josh would be riddled with holes that bled through his blubber barrier, as well as thick whip marks. They were so thick, it was hard to tell if these were whips at this point. These holes, strangely, came in groups of rows of three...

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

• Tenshi Hinanawi|Deathly Serious

TeamTenshi2.png

"When you encounter food this divine, you just want to focus every muscle in your body into completing it..." Yuuko speaks, "when the- oh, looks like you have a message."

Darild and Tenshi do indeed have a message, sent from someone, telling them to meet somewhere, at a specific place with 'one of their gang'.
    "Wait, what." Tenshi would promptly look at this message, looking like she had zoned out for quite a while for no apparent reason. And upon looking at that message, she would sink in mood immediately. "Ohhh heelll noooo." She immediately muttered, and her expression went from surprised and calm to an immediate look of fear and worrying for the worst as soon as the words had been read to her in her head, by herself.
    "We found one of your gang on Kowloon Level 2. Meet us at this area...."
    "Heck, not this again...!" She groaned and promptly looked up to Darild, this suddenly serious expression lighting her face up. "C'mon! Post haste, Darild! Here's hoping we can get 'em this time!" She said in this hurried tone, as she would immediately head straight to the listed location - and as expected, as with others who would be there as well... A body - no, wait - two of them!
    Everyone would find themselves back in good old cyberspace, specifically Kowloon Level 2. Now, what was to be beheld?

Ah ah ah. Your first sight would be what appeared to be the corpse of Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch. It first glance, one would note that he was riddled with bite marks, very huge bite marks. Another thing of note was the dead Josh, his flippers grasping a net, as well as a harpoon gun shot by Benedict at quite a distance before the entire rope just fell.

latest

His Numemon, Awful (formerly Wilfred) appeared for a brief while, before disappearing into ones and zeroes, going with the wind.

Jack Atlas writhed as tentacles, dazzle-camouflaged like the Eaters', emerged from his mouth. His data body decayed into ones, zeroes and cubes, only to be absorbed into a core, forming a shape of some kind...

Eater_Humanoid_Mode.jpg

Jack Atlas was replaced by a feral eater, whose only intent was to eat as it lumbered for our various allies. It appeared that Jack Atlas was one of the theorized Eater Agents!

"Kurisarimon!"

Chrysalimon.jpg

As Arata commands, a fiendish little being chops the Eater down, seeming to use very few hits.
    Tenshi seemed surprised - first the formal man and his subordinate(?) were found dead, and then what appeared to be an Eater had eaten its host alive from the inside - so it seems. She stared at the scene as the Eater was chopped into pieces, leaving the deceased penguin subordinate and then the master - the penguin of which had been already investigated by some other man - who she didn't know, but someone none the less. She figured it'd be a good idea to investigate the other body - and so she did, towards the deceased body of Benedict, investigating it closely for more detail on his wounds or anything else that could be useful (and when paired with the penguin, it might be added help)!
    Details
    Link to CS: Here!
    Hex Code: #2969B0 (Tenshi), #FAC51C (Tailmon), #EB6B56 (Aquilamon)
    Status (physically): Fine
    Status (mentally/emotionally): Panic and worry, again
    Normal Powers: Earth manipulation
    Hacking Skills: Wall Crack, Stealth
    Items: Sword of Hisou (formless and can see into spirits), Digivice, prop sword (IRL only)
    Course of action: Investigate the body of the deceased Benedict
    Interactions: Crow Crow (GM), @Laix_Lake
    Mentions: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
    Actually Nearby: Everyone
    In Group: Everyone

Last edited:
Lana

Lana watched as a new Digimon walked over. It began to apologize on Jesse’s behave.

“Don’t worry about it! No harm done!”
She smiled as she took the headset off and waited for Ami to return as well. Once she did, she noticed a message. She read it, but didn’t really seem to understand what it meant. She decided just to follow Ami. Once they reached their destination, Lana looked in shock at the sight. Benedict was dead. It was hard to believe, but deep down she was sort of glad she didn’t have to worry about him anymore. That’s when she suddenly remembered. She threatened to kill Benedict for accusing Eric. She opened her mouth and poked her sharp teeth a bit. They could definitely have punctured skin like what happened to Benedict. She began to sweat. People would think it was her. She didn’t want to go back to the pound again! She stood in front of the body and began to speak up.
“G-Guys I swear! I know I have a motive and I have the sharp teeth to do something like this... but I swear! This wasn’t me!”
She was screwed.

Crow Crow thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Everyone Everyone

Benedict's body had large bite marks that, upon closer inspection, were clearly carnivorous and large. The same three-in-a-row holes found on Josh were also on Benedict, though some were evidently overlapped by the bite marks.

The 'whip marks' were found on Benedict's unclothed face, and where there were whip marks, there were also the strange holes.

"You know saying that just makes you even more suspicious, now doesn't it, Lana?" Ami asks.

"Well, these actions were done with a good enough degree of intelligence, despite being performed under the influence of Eaters, so a grudge of some kind being a driving force is not out of the question."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore BoltBeam BoltBeam Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

As Gavin and Spitfire reeled from her assault on the senses, Lady cheered Nokia on as her Digimon joined in her counter-offense. "Yes! Push them back!" she laughed as she recklessly began charging up more psychic energy for a second round of punishment. During, however, she again caught her resting Numemon at the corner of her eye, blissfully unaware that it was in harm's way. In the next split-second, her eyes snapped towards Sistermon Blanc as she began to gather immeasurable amounts of power around her. Gritting her teeth, the Gardevoir reversed her psychokinetic energy, and thrust her arms outwards to project a barrier around herself and Lian in a last-ditch effort to protect her sleeping Digimon, and buckled to one knee as Blanc brought the house down all around them. Straining to maintain her focus as the barrier was pelted with beams of light and splinters of wood and stone, Lady shut her eyes tight and persevered with palms balled up tight into fists. As her and Blanc's strength both began to wane, the Gardevoir peeked her eyes open to find Lian had peeked its eyes open, too. Managing a weak smile as the Numemon yawned and drowsily analyzed the destruction from behind the safety of its master's barrier, Lady's arms fell limp at her sides, and she knelt further down to stroke Lian's head. "Good morning," she quipped and chuckled as Lian leaned into her hand, and the dust settled.

Her legs trembled for a moment while she struggled to stand, but as her psychic barrier dissipated, Lady came to float weightlessly off the ground, and breathed a sigh of relief. Finally able to rest both physically and mentally, she wiped beads of sweat off her forehead and fixed her bangs,
"Goodness, I forgot just how taxing Pokémon battles could be..." she huffed, wearing an exhilarated smile, "I haven't felt so thrilled since-" the Gardevoir stammered, then glanced down at Lian who quickly glanced back. Looking then to all her allies' newly evolved Digimon, her puffed out chest quickly deflated, and her lively expression reverted to its usual lifelessness. Hearing out Nokia's proposal, however, returned a glimmer of hope to her face. "A...Tamer, hm?" she parroted the title, stroking her chin, "...Yes...I enjoy the sound of that. Lian and I pledge ourselves to Rebellion's success," Lady answered with a gracious curtsy, and Lian with a wild nod. Gasping at the alert tone of her Digivice, her face screwed up with concern while she silently read the received message. "Yang, Hotaru," she paused for a moment on the exuberant Eevee, "Fluffington," Lady addressed her Pokémon kin with a softer hum to her voice, "We must venture deeper into Kowloon at once," she bluntly stated, turning round with a flourish of her dress, with her Numemon following close at her side.

Happening upon Benedict's and Josh's corpses strewn across the floor, the Gardevoir huffed and grew a spiteful smirk.
"All that nonchalant bravado and look at what it got him," she scoffed. Lian, meanwhile, looked on in horror as a fellow Numemon's code scattered to the wind, "Arceus have mercy on your wretched soul," Hearing a recognizably diminutive voice, Lady pivoted to find a familiar Braixen panicking just as she had in this exact situation, not but a month ago. "Be at ease, Braixen," the Gardevoir spoke calmly while she approached, and knelt before Benedict's body to more closely investigate his wounds, "Let us properly sort the facts before pointing fingers,"

Crow Crow Veradana Veradana marc122 marc122 DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

@Investigation

Interactions:
Crow Crow

Tom & Jerry
Tom and Jerry Mad.PNG

Oh, another person bit the dust. Jeez, the killers or 'eaters' as the others like to call them are taking their time with this and boy, I'm glad that I'm still alive with all of this nonsense-- Aaaand Jerry and cactus no-eyes started poking the body with sticks. Eh, why not. I grabbed my stick and started poking it myself, looking around for that guy who stopped us from poking the body the last time before sitting down and smiling as I joined in on the fun. The three of us stopped when the hooded man started talking turning our heads to them, revealing that the dead dapper doofus' name was 'Mr. Cucumberpatch'. What kind of name is that? The moment I spotted the man who chastised us, I immediately threw the stick away backward not caring if it hits somebody.

I continued to listen to the others while sitting down and hugging my legs until this fucking thing came out of the blonde-haired man scaring me until my fur turned completely white. I was so scared that I hugged the Digimon forgetting that he's a cactus for a moment because of how scared I was. Jerry decided to leave me while I was frightened and booked it out of there, running like it's nobody's business. Our Digimon, on the other hand, was as emotionless as usual looking at the current situation without any real reaction other than staring. Can this thing even feel emotion? Probably because it punched me when I laughed at his appearance or Jerry taught it how to be mean to me. It's probably the latter.

"Kurisarimon!" The hooded person yelled out.

My fur gained it's color again once the purple Digimon chopped it down like it was nothing. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. I thought we were going to have a battle with that thing but it was beaten like it was nothing. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and look, Jerry came back after the situation was dealt with.​

ddaz8pj-02a825be-b870-480f-8e0f-c80901612261.png

ddizv4p-4203beb6-b5b1-4ec0-9a66-03e4d89f63af.png

Weeks back - Semi-Digitalized Subway Station, Shinjuku
Acussation having been made, the tension in the digitilized space only seemed to grow as the game of pointing fingers continued. One of the... animal persons? Had straight dragged a man out of bed (?) and threatned to kill him, more and more talk of electricity and its effects popped up, everyone was convinced that the burns were of electrical nature and not of firey nature.

Wray wouldn't have known, he had little to no knowledge or experience with either, all he heard was more fuel to his paranoia being thrown left and right, as he waited, trembling, fearful for any kind of response from the person he had almost accidentally electrocuted, which certainly didn't make things any more easier to his side.

There was never any response, and the blonde woman the others had been intent in accusing didn't seem to be guilty either. Not that the boy got why she was being accused in the first place...

Still, without the real culprit being found the steampunk teenager could only doubt himself even more. Yet someone else showed up, and then another. Were people looking at him? He couldn't tell, not even their words echoed beyond the crackles of static and Wray's own fearful thoughts. His voice choked up trying to keep inside the outburst that was surely coming again:

"I'm sorry...! I- Outside-!!"

Without even waiting for permission the boy had turned around quickly, tears flowing, and made a run up the stairs aiming to cross the border where the mixed space ended before he risked shocking everyone in sight. Arclight, who had spent the whole time alternating its gaze worryingly between the conversations and the inventor-wannabe while holding the Digivice for safekeeping was taken by surprise by the sudden departure:

sample-8d7bada4fdbbef967109adb03c210117.jpg
"W-wait! Where are you going?! You're forgetting th- Ahhh, nevermind!!", as it had begun to hold the device with its mouth and too ran up the staircase.

Differently than Wray, the Elecmon couldn't cross the gap between the half-digitalized space and the still unaffected part of the world. Unable to try comfort the other physically it could only throw the calculator-like thing as gentle as it possibly could, beyond the pixelized barrier, sliding on the ground until it stopped near the distraught teenager, the Digimon de-materializing as soon as the device had crossed the gap in-between worlds.

Just as upon entrance, the boy's outfit had glitched as it reverted to its real-world counterpart and he had stopped a couple of steps away for the underground passage, crumbling to his knees as soon as he deemed it safe. A policewoman worked hard to disperse the multitude of curious bystanders that were about half-way of truly leaving. With the noise of the chatter and urban liveliness to muffle it out, Wray cried. At first, covering his face with his hands and kneeled down but eventually just laying down in the middle of the sidewalk and curling into a ball as if the world was ending and there was nothing to do about it.

At least, that's exactly how it felt. There was no way to tell who was safe, Hell, there was no way to tell if he was safe!! The possibility of dying was scary, there were so many things he'd like to accomplish yet, so many ideas, and the party...! The party needed him to make it back safely too! Both Reocopia and Irentha were counting on them! Yet, more than that... The possibility of killing or having killed... Even if under some kind of compelling entity, that just made him feel worse.

More than the idea of dying, Wray was terrified of the idea of killing.

It didn't take too long for Kier to come after him, attempting to say comforting and reassuring words as the teenager had hugged the man and just sobbed harder on him. He could tell that the capped individual was similarly concerned, desiring to be as strong for him as the other was trying to be strong for himself.

Together, the pair of covertly disheartened inventor had made their way back to the Nakano apartment, the recent emotional outbursts finally taking their toll on the boy that had begun to straggle behind. As a response, Kier had abruptly picked Wray up and carried him the other half of the journey. Tired, the steampunk teenager had fallen asleep on the man's arms and that was the last thing he remembered from this chaotic day.

Waking up in Kier's apartment the next morning for lack of keys, Wray still felt rather upset and frustrated with the whole thing, initially going along, pretending to be fine, until the moment he had gone back to his own room.

That's when anything that was even remotely technology-related inside got completely torn apart. To not have to think about it too much, to do something that was pleasurable and made him feel better, the inventor-wannabe made his way through every object, putting the wrench and screwdriver to work.

Wall-clock, hair-dryer, sockets, lightswitches... Not even the computer and the VR-googles had been spared and the only reason that the Digivice hadn't suffered a similar fate has been the fact that Arclight resided in the device. The Elecmon's pleas to not disassemble the laptop hadn't been enough to stop its tamer from doing so.

For the next three or so days, Wray had gone missing, locking himself inside, slowly working his way through each and every device. Soon the floor of the apartment had been nothing but a similar mess of mechanical parts than his garage space back in Reocopia was. Eventually, Kier, --whose apartment was funnily enough just in front--, had come to check on him, and albeit hesitantly, the teary-eyed teenager had opened the door and let the knightly-inventor inside.

They proceeded to at first, just cry together more about the situation, but later interact nicely with each other. Kier had shown Wray his 'inventor zone', 'the place where bad things can't get to you' which the boy thought it was pretty similar to what he was doing just without a name for it. Both also traded inventor-y info and such, having a great assembling time and disassembling objects.

Passed those initial three-days of recovery, the boy finally felt ready to explore the world again. He had been able to put the clock back together and obviously screwed all the sockets properly, but anything else had become a pile of parts in a corner beside the bed. From it and some things he, himself, had brought with him from home, the inventor-wannabe made a tiny little spring-powered robot toy thing, that now rested on top of the table and was wound every time the teenager needed cheering up. It was fun to watch it go from one side to the other!

He had also eventually come to notice the weird bundle of paper that rested near his tools, with metallic 'donuts' on top that honestly just looked like screw washers. Apparently, this was a currency called 'Yen'? And he suddenly had a lot of it and not much he'd like to spend it on. Except maybe food... All Wray ever spent at was food and trolley tickets and replacement tools whenever they broke or overly rusted.

There was also a card-thingy with his photo in it, apparently called an 'ID' and basically the proof that he existed. A colored paper was that important? It was a bit crazy, yet determined and after lots of explanations from Arclight, the boy had one day gone out to try and get a job...
Only to discover that he was too young to work with electronics! It had been some sort of repair shop, and they had some apparently vintage TVs for display. Wray knew a lot about how those worked, he had seen a lot of them in the junkyard he went to in Reocopia and gotten a goood look at their insides! But even so, even with him reciting the parts and the tech behind it to a tee, and then dictating exactly how to fix the problem of a broken one, they still couldn't hire him for his age...

Bummer! The laws of this place were soooooo strict!!! They were missing such an opportunity!!

Another option was to register for school... Again. Yep, again! Wray couldn't understand why someone would still be in school at 14 years old. I mean, school was where they taught you to count and read and those kinds of basic information one needed to live and then, it was over! It was time to get a job, sign up for apprenticeship somewhere, or just... do whatever. What else would you need to know besides that? It sounded incredibly impractical.

So instead, the inventor-wannabe just, wandered. Exploring the town, learning what some of the new things around him were, like billboards and subways, and modern cars! He had also found a place to buy used, broken appliances, resembling of the junkyard back home, but not really. That day Wray had returned to the apartment with a defunct microwave that is now also part of the pile in the corner. He'll eventually learn how that one works, for sure!

Knowing that there was a way back home, the teenager had grown slightly less erratic and more focused. Before more people died, before he died, he just wanted to reach this Ultra Zero and return to Reocopia, see his friends from the party, get back to adventuring through Irentha.
8bb65f535af9330bdc7c4e3cc92ef816.jpg
It was during exploring and training inside the EDEN that the boy had come to discover Digievolution, Arclight going from an Elecmon to an Aegiomon. Wray had joked and said that the Digimon looked like the 'satyr sibling he had never had', before realizing how weird that had sounded and being awkward about it.

Oh right, if you're wondering how that worked since he had obliterated his own computer it, uhhh, with Ami's help, --and some other people too--, the inventor-wannabe had found himself in possession of Lyle's keys and Digivice. It had been whether nerve-wracking to actually tell the truth of what he had done to the appliance, but he was allowed to borrow the comatosed-man's ones until he woke up... IF he ever woke up... Wray had the suspicion that though his body was still present, the other's consciousness, his very soul, had perhaps been destroyed completely.
The fallen member's Digivice had been respectfully left untouched, lying in the very center of Lyle's apartment's desk in honour of both the passed person and their once existing Digimon. Dismantling that one would have felt...wrong and thoughtless. Afterwards, the teenager had returned the borrowed keys to the red-haired Sleuth assistant.

Alas, in the middle of so many shenanigans and discoveries, weeks had passed...

Current Date - Apartment Building, Nakano
ddiwomr-e4646661-d515-459f-bfaa-831c676478f1.png
Used to getting up early, Wray had gone outside around 7 AM for a daily stroll around Nakano. Seeing the sights and scenes of the location was still, somewhat bizarre and new, but at least he was getting used to all the cars, the streetlights, the pedestrian crossing lines, you know the things that kept him safe, alive and the whole experience that more organized. He also loved looking inside store windows and trying to guess what things were for before looking them up on the website called... Quoogle? Poogle? Whatever it was called, you could search things up on it and then it would teach you stuff about them! It was like an Encyclopedia, but without any paper and that was always renewing itself. It was bonkers!! Technology was soooo cooool!

Distracted with window-shopping in a gallery building somewhere, the teenager had forgotten about breakfast, only recalling anything about it around brunch time. Walking back took another hour of his morning, stopping by a nearby bakery and some other store to gather items for consumption.

Almost two hours later, already past ideal brunch, Wray was in front of Kier's door, holding a tray containing a hot kettle filled with water, two Japanese teacups, a box with an assortment of tea sachets, two recently bought melon pans and... Jam.
Yep, apparently he had found Jam to buy somewhere and deeming the melon pan bread, decided that it would be okay to eat those together. It had never occurred to him that melon pan could already be sweet in nature... On top of the tray also lay two plates and a knife, every kitchen utensil and cup being obviously, borrowed from the community kitchen of the building.

The boy carefully set the tray on top of a tiny table resting against the wall, surprisingly not spilling anything, and gave his front neighbour's door a couple of soft knocks:

"Good Morning but actually almost afternoon to you, Kier~~!"
, the cheerful sing-a-song tone that you can bet echoed similarly every morning filling the corridor with light-hearted, pure vibes,
"I wandered around for a bit too long today, but I brought... some kind of bread and jam! Can't exactly tell which flavor because I can't read the labels... But I think it's grape or strawberry..."
, he had glanced over at the two colored jars, squinting slightly at them as if trying to make sense of the language on them. It didn't work the first time and wouldn't work now.

"Oh! There's tea too~! But there's always tea, nothing new here~"

As wholesome and merry as this was, in his mind Wray knew that sooner or later they'd have to start thinking about serious things, such as should they join one of those hacker teams they had been advised to? Or do they stay solo? If there was one person that the boy could affirm to trust wholeheartedly it had to be the knightly-inventor, the man really didn't seem like the type one should be wary of. Despite the circumstances, the steampunk teenager had begun following the other like a shadow whenever he wasn't doing his own things.

Whatever they decided to do, Wray was determined and hoping for them to remain together until the end of this, come what came.

Last edited:
Bob the Pikachu

And just as Bob was going to get used to her predictment, she was whiffed off into yet another crime scene of yet another murder.

Bob was not as shocked as she had been the first time, but it was still shocking nevertheless. This time it was the posh gentlemen, Sir Benedict Cucumberbatch. Then suddenly a random man she had not even met was singled out by the people here and become an utter abomination. Before being snuffed out.

Then the voting began!

Crow Crow

Lady would notice another thing, particularly about Benedict's bite marks - the concave holes that were formes by teeth - the curves of the cut flesh seemed too smooth. To best describe it, it was more akin to a meat properly cut by a butcher as opposed to prey torn by lions, and the supposed tips of the teeth felt too straight, downwards and symmetrical from two perspectives.

Crow Crow Veradana Veradana marc122 marc122 DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore BoltBeam BoltBeam

Her time was up. Yang returned, grinning like a madwoman, holding two of the stalactites for herself. Hotaru gulped down air and struggled to keep her eyes on her opponent. The first one Yang threw barely grazed her cheek. The second was much more deliberately aimed. Erinyes was able to smash it away, but it was only a diversion, along with Yang’s flares that burnt at her legs. The only place to dodge was backwards, but Yang just kept advancing, knocking her down with a kick to the knees. If that weren’t enough, Yang took advantage of Hotaru’s own barrier. Hotaru’s vision filled with stars as Yang punched her through the wall, and she just rolled over as she struck the ground, a spike of pain going down from her shoulder.

She didn’t have the same physical strength that Yang did. She was so much more dependent on her Persona than any of her friends were. She couldn’t even fight against normal people without getting kicked to the dirt. Maybe if she just curled up on the ground, Yang would get bored of throwing her around. Not likely, given that this was a training exercise, and Yang wasn’t some trash tier school-yard bully. Given the way Yang still advanced, this probably wouldn’t end unless one of them couldn’t move anymore. That one of them would probably be Hotaru, given how the fight was going.

God, she probably looked pathetic, whimpering and crying on the ground. It was probably a good thing that none of her friends were there watching. Manami at least would be screaming at her to get back up and finish the fight on her feet. And she was right.

Hotaru forced herself first to her knees, then to her feet, swaying dangerously close to toppling over again. She wiped the blood from her face with her sleeve. It was harder to summon like this, but she’d have to manage. She wasn’t all ice spells. Even in this state, she may be able to manage some physical strikes. Yang was still on this side of the ice wall, so there may still be a way. Yang was pretty fast, but Hotaru ordered her Persona to allow no chance for movement. She’d force the blonde back as much as possible. If she ever so much as glanced against the ice wall, Erinyes would expand it around her body, trapping even a single limb before striking further blows.

However, partway through one of those follow-up strikes, the Persona flickered and wavered, before shattering, as Hotaru stumbled and collapsed. The room around her went in and out of focus, and the whole place seemed to be crumbling before her vision returned to normal.

In an instant, Shouko was at her side, leaping over the ice wall. Hotaru barely heard what was being said around her. Everything seemed mumbling and far away, but she leaned into Shouko’s hands as the digimon began healing her. The cuts sealed, the burns cooled. There wasn’t much she could do for the probable concussion, but Hotaru could feel a little strength returning in time to see Shouko evolve again, and to hear Nokia’s offer. It was something she’d have to consider when she was more than half conscious.

More urgently, there had been another murder.

At the scene of the crime, the victim was a strange little man, with stranger wounds. The first thought that seemed to go around was that he’d been bitten by something huge. The potential suspect list for that was distressingly large. However, it also seemed that it could have been something as simple as a knifing, which would expand the suspect list outward to anyone who could hold a weapon. At this point, it was clear that their group specifically was being targeted.

Hotaru leaned heavily on Shouko’s shoulder. Thank goodness that she didn’t need to try and figure this out by the killer’s magic abilities. She sure as hell wasn’t going to touch a dead body, so hopefully, the people who were okay with poking at corpses wouldn’t hide what they found out.

Crow Crow marc122 marc122 DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore BoltBeam BoltBeam

8FC00388-A586-47EE-942B-16D36595D97B.jpeg
Lana

Lana began to panic. All the evidence was stacked against her and she was only making herself seem more guilty.
“N-No I swear! I didn’t do this! A-Ami you believe me right!?”
Although no one had really accused her of anything yet, she still couldn’t help but panic. Ever since she came here it’s been nothing but bad thing after another. She just wanted all these problems to go away. Even after one of them did, another one has popped up. She clenched her paws In frustration. The teeth marks, the whip marks that could have been caused by her stick, the motive. All of these pointed to her and she hated it. She ignored anyone who tried to talk to her.

Crow Crow

Lady would notice another thing, particularly about Benedict's bite marks - the concave holes that were formes by teeth - the curves of the cut flesh seemed too smooth. To best describe it, it was more akin to a meat properly cut by a butcher as opposed to prey torn by lions, and the supposed tips of the teeth felt too straight, downwards and symmetrical from two perspectives.

Crow Crow Veradana Veradana marc122 marc122 DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore BoltBeam BoltBeam

With Lian cautiously peeking over her shoulder, Lady grumbled in concentration as she unbuttoned Benedict's tuxedo and undershirt in order to get a clearer look at his peculiar wounds. Unfazed by the dried blood lining the inside of his clothes, or the pool gathered around his body, the Gardevoir narrowed her eyes. "The way his skin was sliced and punctured...far too clean for a mere pair of claws or row of teeth to produce. Perhaps he was shot, or stabbed? And his lacerations...may not be as such. Perhaps he was slashed by a fine blade?" she thought out loud, in the hopes she would rattle someone's nugget of knowledge loose, or perhaps even one of her own, "I'll have to see just how deep his cuts are..."

Nevertheless, Lady investigated further.

Crow Crow

@Investigation

vcTdAUn.png

"Well, getting names of the innocent off the slate is part and parcel of my job. Let's clear yours, Lana," Ami smiles towards the Braixen, "I think I found one lead! Whoever made these supposed bite markings, it definitely wasn't your teeth! Yours are way too small!"

As evidenced, Lady would find that the supposed carnivorous teeth sank to between half and a whole inch deep.

The punctures that came in rows of threes on the other hand had were clearly a type of repeated stabbing by conical objects, and there was no sign or evidence of ammunition. With this many of such punctures, it wouldn't be humanly possible to remove them all if bullets or darts were involved.

Which was why it seemed that one of these punctures had something in them - the sharp tip end of a spike of some kind, with a texture and feel akin to fingernails, rhino horns and other keratin-based constructs of nature. Benedict's blood had dyed its hue away, so there was no way to determine its colour.

But wait! There's more!

A piece of skin, purple in hue with light blue spots, was found near Benedict. It gave the impression of a rubbery texture.

Crow Crow Veradana Veradana marc122 marc122 DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore BoltBeam BoltBeam Jeremiah Jeremiah

Shamelessly...'procuring' the piece of keratin previously 'deposited' in Benedict within her psychokinetic grip, Lady grinned. "Now we're getting somewhere," she spoke with confidence, "Someone appears to have chipped a claw. Or horn," she theorized out loud, then glanced at the supposed piece of skin. Lifting it, too, with her mind, she dismissively waved it away. "If anyone would like to help, come take a look at this for me," the Gardevoir requested while she floated the piece of skin out of her sight, "What punctured him has revealed itself...but what of his thin cuts?" Lady adamantly pressed on with her autopsy, moving past his inch-deep stab wounds and zeroing in on Benedict's whip marks.

Crow Crow

@Investigation

"Large boxes, huh..." Red muttered. "Man, I'm not playing no Sherlock Holmes detective b***s*** here."
He looks at different directions, hoping to catch sight of any large boxes.
"Guess I should walk around more."
Suddenly, Red receives an SMS message.

"One of my gang?" Red said. "I... I don't have a gang?"
The message was definitely out of the blue. And he is not well acquainted with anyone except for Mirei.
"Mirei... I received a text message saying, We found one of your gang on Kowloon Level 2. Meet us at this area..." Red informed. "I-- Is everything alright?"

Unfortunately, it seems that Mirei's errand ends here.
"It sounds like an emergency." He said. "I guess this is it."
With a ruined mood, Red starts heading to Okachimachi Station so he can go back to his apartment in Ikebukuro. Someone wanted him to go to Kowloon Level 2. The message was definitely ominous. But whoever it is from, Red will not go easy on them.

In forty minutes time, he reaches his apartment. It does not take long until Red returns to the Digital World.
"Yo, Red--"
But as Growmon tried greeting Red, Growmon notices the expression his human partner came with.
"So it's time."
Without talking to each other, the two finds their way back to Kowloon Level 2.

Crow Crow (Mirei, Unknown Sender)

Fluffington the Mighty roared in adorable defiance as the Attack from Sistermon Blanc Decimated the Training Center. Taking their Partners Example, Gavin the Friendly and Spitfire the Courageous Roared as the Lights flared, and the Ground Quaked. Their Synchronous Roars Heralded another power, the next step in their Digivolution. Their bodies shined and shifted as the attack washed over them, and when it faded there had become SkullGreymon and BlackWereGarurumon! Fluffington bounced around her partners in joy. "YOU GUY'S EVOLVED! SOO COOL!"
Her enthusiasm continued to the offer to join Hacker Group Rebellion. "Group? I wanna Join! YAY MORE FRIENDS!!" Her celebrations were cut short when the alert went out. And she joined the others in finding Benedict. Although she did not like the guy, apparently finding them here like this means they were super asleep somewhere else, and that someone had made them that way? It was confusing, and no body bothered to explain it to her.
Deciding to try and help figure out what happened, she sniffs Benedict to try and see if she could tell who could have battled with him.
Crow Crow Veradana Veradana marc122 marc122 DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Sayo-Nara Sayo-Nara thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore BoltBeam BoltBeam Jeremiah Jeremiah RedLight RedLight

Yang Xiao Long & Yangalang
(Aw Shit, Here We Go Again.)

Yang continued to fight Hotaru, too encompassed in the spirit of battle to understand what was going on, then as she was about to punch again, Sistermon Blank Brain Blanc tried to evolve. Whatever she was doing, it caused the place to rumble, forcibly snapping Yang out of her fighting spirit as not long afterward, she realized what she had done to poor Hotaru, despite the bright flash partially obscuring some of her wounds. Quickly, her focus was diverted by the beams of light that shot out of Blanc's attempted Digivolution, so she took to crouching while shielding her head with her forearms, closing her eyes. 'Brace yourself,' Yang thought, 's--something's coming..!'

"Uhhh, Yaaang?!"

"Get to safety, now!"

It would continue for a short while. Then, it stopped. At first notice, Yang opened her eyes, putting her hands down while surveying the area. The training center was destroyed alright, thanks to Blanc's needless attempt to digivolve, but that wasn't the problem. There her partner Hotaru was, bloodied and bruised, cuts galore, and already could she not bear the sight of someone who was hurt, let alone one she happened to hurt. There was not a single celebratory word. There was not any other sign of victory from the Huntress-in-Training. Yang stood, taken aback by whatever she had caused, unable to bring herelf to say anything. She had assumed she had Aura, just like her; alas, she was dead wrong.

She didn't know what to say, but that was, until Blanc broke the silence, and Nokia started coming up with some sort of Digimon Tamer group. A nice breather from the injuries and potential trauma she had cast unto Hotaru, but unfortunately, it was not enough. It only obscured part of the horrible sight of the bruised Hotaru by contrasting it with an invitation into the Tamers group. She readily accepted the prompt, but instead of the usual "I'd love to be in your group! Alright, why not.", there was only a contrasting,

"...Yes."

At that point, Yang just stopped involving herself in the conversation and just stood, reflecting on what had happened.

- - - - -

I can't believe it.

Did I just seriously hurt my partner? Come to think of it, I don't think this had happened before, especially not with friends, family, and Ruby. If even one of them was around to see me brutalize Hotaru, I'd be shunned. Shunned. Well, thankfully, they were not around to see that, but that's only a silver lining compared to the huge loss of familiarity that I worked to build up, only for it to be eliminated in mere seconds. And now what, I happen to almost murder someone I had become friends with over the last few weeks?

I don't even think Ruby would like that. And I'm the one who had to raise her over the course of over a decade, starting with when she couldn't even talk yet! Do I really think Ruby would like what I just did? No! She'll question why I've stooped this low because I happened to get too much into fighting, and this was what happened. And I expect just about the same from my teammates. And I bet Weiss would probably come down on me over what I've done...

- - - - -

"Ooooh, Yang, look at me!"

Yangalang, meanwhile, had transformed into a RizeGreymon. He was checking out various new features and flaunting them for her, and the others, to see. Unbeknownst to him, though, his trainer was having a moment. At that point, she had already received a message that the others around her got as well.

"I got wings! And a gun, too! Can't you believe it?!"

Finally, he was starting to realize what was happening; Yang had injured Hotaru, even though her victim, who was already starting to leave the place, had already healed by then. He asked, with a hint of worry in his tone.

"Yang, you alri--"

"That's good!"

Yang suddenly snapped back to her usual self, turning to her Digimon as she gave a warm smile towards him. As she went up to him and patted him, he couldn't help but to notice that something was wrong. Her eyes barely budged within itself. Her smile was forced in subtle ways that keen eyes would catch. She continued to speak in the enthusiastic tone that was meant to get him to take further pride in his second Digivolution, but something was wrong. As she continued to talk, her tone slowly declined, until her final remark's collapsing excitement barely displaced the sadness and regret within her, alongside the "happy face" Yang put out.

"Now you can fly, and you have a gun Ruby would fawn over, not to mention you can rain hell upon your opponents, too! Isn't that cool?!"

"I--I don't know what's going on, but you're scaring me..."

Finally, Yang's expressions started telling the truth. Her smile, then the only other remaining piece of the false happiness puzzle, faded away, and the voice's excitement whimpered away.

"I--...Yangalang, you didn't need to--"

"Yang, please tell me what's going on!"

Yang took a deep breath. Then she said,

"...I hurt someone."

"You...what?"

"I hurt my partner, Hotaru, alright?! I thought she would have something protecting her, like I do, but turns out, she didn't, and, well...the next thing you know, she was struggling to stay up."

Now her eyes were starting to tear up. As tears fell from her right eye, all Yangalang could do was to hug her, and it was exactly what he did. He wrapped his dinosaur arms around her body, and Yang, who was sobbing, hugged him back. Beyond the blonde Huntress-in-Training's crying, it was digital noise in the midst of the cyberspace. 'At least,' Yangalang thought to himself, 'I'm here for her. But this is the first time she's truly come forward about what she feels. It just feels bizarre...yet discomforting for this "first time" to be like this. I just hope she can get over it...right?'

Eventually, Yang stopped sobbing, as she wiped the tears, breaking the hug. She looked up to Yangalang's eyes and said, with a genuine smile this time,

"Yangalang. Thank you for being here."

Yang continued to look at the RizeGreymon, on the verge of hugging him again, but she realized that nobody other than possibly the Sistermon Sisters, who had built the wrecked place for themselves. Then, she checked her messages. Apparently, someone else was murdered, just as Lyle was a few weeks back, but this time it was within Kowloon Level 2. She read the message to herself.

"We found one of your gang on Kowloon Level 2. Meet us at this area...."

"Now, we have to get going."

Yang started walking away as well, prompting Yangalang to come along, before continuing,

"We've some more important matters than to mope around here."

- - - - -​

Benedict Cucumberpatch and his penguin Josh were discovered dead. Apparently, Jack Atlas was an Eater Agent the whole time, and not Bob the Pikachu. Still, it gave her a bad sense of deja vu, as she called back to when she first discovered a murder scene that, thankfully, didn't take Lyle's life. However, this time, it seemed like that was it for the gentlemanly...thing and his penguin, and his Numemon, Awful/Wilfred, disappeared into 1's and 0's. But this time, she was ready. She kept her posture, and it looks like people were a little more prepared this time. Good thing.

First order of business was to investigate Benedict's dead body, to squeeze out at least a few more details from the murder. So she did. And as she did so, she asked the Pale Lady and Fluffington, since she happened to see them as analyzing the scene,

"What do you know so far?"

Crow Crow (GM, Sistermon Noir, Sistermon Blanc, Nokia)
Interactions: Veradana Veradana (Hotaru), Jeremiah Jeremiah (The Pale Lady/Swan), DerpyCarp DerpyCarp (Fluffington)
Mentions:

Last edited:
Red and Growmon gets greeted by, what it seems to be, a soft roar coming from a distance.
"What the f*** was that now?" Red wondered.
"A battle?"
Suddenly, the two witness a Pokemon, resisting a Digimon's attack - Sistermon Blanc.
"Red, let's help him!"
"So they really just want me to get into another mess..." Red muttered.
The longer this goes, the more it ruins Red's already-ruined mood. If this continues, the fight might get extended.
Red and Growmon catch sight of two Digimons, an Agumon (Black) and a Gabumon (Black), in the process of Digivolving.
"Fine! Get in and help them." Red finally gave a go signal.
Growmon charges towards the battle, his mouth and nostrils expelling flames. Truly, a hellish Digimon.
"EXHAUST FLAME!!!" He shouted, before breathing a powerful flame from his mouth.
Much more powerful from before, as Red and Growmon trained for quite some time. While charging, Growmon's Exhaust Flame heads directly to the Sistermon Blanc. Red then charges forward as well. Everyone wins the battle, with Red and Growmon barely contributing any help once again.
"Was I even needed here in the first place?" Red thought to himself.
The situation was not as bad as the SMS message made it out to be. And das not cool. Or so he believed. A few Tamers and Digimons celebrates their victory, then suddenly, everyone seemed to begin looking for something. Or someone.
"Red, what is going on now?"
Unfortunately, Red does not know the answer to Growmon's question.
"I'll ask someone..."
He glances around, looking for someone familiar. And within the crowd, the red-headed female Tamer is there.
"Is that?"
"Agumon and Gabumon's Tamer."

Edit: Okay, so she's not. I forgot that it's Nokia.

The girl, whom Red does not know is called Ami, appears to be speaking with a Braixen - Lana. Great, more Pokemons in Digimon.
"Her smile is cute though." Red thought, as he catches a glimpse of Ami smiling.
"She seems nice, doesn't she, Red?" Growmon jokingly added in.
Ami then mentioned having a lead.
"What lead?" Red thought.
But deep inside, he knows what it could mean. After what happened to Lyle. Red and Growmon walks towards Ami, before Growmon taps her shoulder.
"Hello, Red Lady." Growmon greeted her.
But as he was about to ask Ami what or who is everyone searching for, Red accidentally sees a butchered body. Someone whom he was familiar with.
"Bene." Red said with a monotonous voice.
His entire body turned numb and flimsy. Mental state, slowly collapsing. Surges of unwanted emotions, and on top of that, confusion, finally takes over Red's feeble mind.
"Growmon." He suddenly spoke. "Burn them all."

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp (Fluffington, etc.)
Crow Crow (Ami)
@EveryoneAtKowloon2
@RIPBenedict

Last edited:

Parasoul & Umbrella

latest

"Alright, count me in!"

A few minutes later...

latest

"Oh...no..." Another murder has happened, this time its is a fancy-looking gentleman covered in gruesome bite marks.

latest

"This situation is getting worse than I thought. Nik, what do you think?"

EldridSmith EldridSmith Crow Crow

"Oh! A Growmon! Have we me-"

That was around when Red gave the command.

Suddenly, a Rapidmon pops up from Ami's goggles, materializing from ones and zeroes in split-seconds to tank the first of Growmon's blaze with its cyborg body.

Rapidmon.jpg

"Hold it right- Guilmon? Is that you?"

This Rapidmon seemed to know Growmon.

RedLight RedLight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back