• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Digimon: Trails of the ancients (Full)

Thanks for giving me the time , had been trying to defend a fairly difficult position in a debate :P

But I'll be done with that shortly .

So I know it is a bit bland, but what do you think of my bbcode?

Name: Chard E. Harp
Relations:

Ishimostu.jpg
Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.

Thanks for giving me the time , had been trying to defend a fairly difficult position in a debate :P

But I'll be done with that shortly .
"Rocks deserve human rights."
"No, they don't."
"Human shaped rocks deserve human rights. This is the message of peace I spread."

---
I feel kinda odd for that being the first thing I imagine.

"Rocks deserve human rights."
"No, they don't."
"Human shaped rocks deserve human rights. This is the message of peace I spread."

---
I feel kinda odd for that being the first thing I imagine.

Heh, wish it were like that ......its taking a near indefensible position . And somehow defending it rather then projecting what you believe in on to others.

Heh, wish it were like that ......its taking a near indefensible position . And somehow defending it rather then projecting what you believe in on to others.
Is your opponent accidently picking keywords and creating his own version of the argument ( Example: I was talking to this girl. She said that most papers are recycled to help the rainforest. I told her that regulation can't be in all countries, so we need to find the orgin of the paper we use. She then said, " well , recycling is good for the environment." She believed I was arguing against the support of the environment- my actual argument was that all countries can't possibly have such a regulation on paper.) or you believe both of you are completely debating against the arguments eachother wants to make? So the real problem is the facts you describe and use to support points can be validated and invalidated by simple mass perspective?

Is your opponent accidently picking keywords and creating his own version of the argument ( Example: I was talking to this girl. She said that most papers are recycled to help the rainforest. I told her that regulation can't be in all countries, so we need to find the orgin of the paper we use. She then said, " well , recycling is good for the environment." She believed I was arguing against the support of the environment- my actual argument was that all countries can't possibly have such a regulation on paper.) or you believe both of you are completely debating against the arguments eachother wants to make? So the real problem is the facts you describe and use to support points can be validated and invalidated by simple mass perspective?

Nope, wish it were frankly :/ . Sure you do have some aspects of that being played out ( aka generalizations that are used to attack others sometimes in an Ad hominem-like way ) , however its like Atticus Finch in " to kill a mockingbird " . Your literally tasked to defend the indefensible in a manner to which it may seem logical even if you *do not * support said ideal / person, etc.

That is no easy task to do .... never mind trying to convince several people with such a topic , in order to help them avoid the abyss.......

Nope, wish it were frankly :/ . Sure you do have some aspects of that being played out ( aka generalizations that are used to attack others sometimes in an Ad hominem-like way ) , however its like Atticus Finch in " to kill a mockingbird " . Your literally tasked to defend the indefensible in a manner to which it may seem logical even if you *do not * support said ideal / person, etc.

That is no easy task to do .... never mind trying to convince several people with such a topic , in order to help them avoid the abyss.......
/so they all share a specific ideal (I.E. People would be better off polar bears or lazy people are stupid) so you need to first fight ideal, then return to the argument without them shifting back to the main argument to disrupt the flow?

/so they all share a specific ideal (I.E. People would be better off polar bears or lazy people are stupid) so you need to first fight ideal, then return to the argument without them shifting back to the main argument to disrupt the flow?

Nope its something that's a bit serious, however ..... your trying to walk that fine line.

There's an issue with said system, however instead of looking to upturn and change the system radically ....

Your looking to make reforms and changes to said system . Instead of blowing up the system for the wrong reasons.

But by doing so your trying to walk that fine line of ...... not appearing to be insincere and distant ( aka ivory tower syndrome ) and appear as if your " talking down" to them from a position of strength ( which your not ) . Because their concerns are real, but they are misguided .

Versus

Agreeing with them, but ultimately it pushes the wrong narrative something to which I'm sure a lot of RPN posters wouldn't agree with .

" A man without a country " by Edward Everett Hale ..... would seem to apply here ( how i feel atm when talking about said topic ) ......aka arguing the side that seems to be the logical answer, yet is fairly difficult to do given the .... complexity of said issue ( not to mention the emotions ).

If only just labeling and quick intellectual laziness would be the answer to this XD.....but its not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back