• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Digimon: The Darkness Within

Trektek

Happy Necromancer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ALL PLAYERS START WITH 10 DIGI-POINTS

The Corruption Point

1680522668359.png

The Corruption Point, also known as THE GLITCH merely appeared one day within the digital world. No one knew how it started, only that it was something far too dangerous to control. Some Virus Type Digimon attempted to control it for their own nefarious gains, but they merely became the first of THE CORRUPTED. These were beings with blacked skin and covered in lines of exposed code. For now, THE CORRUPTED merely stay near THE GLITCH and only attack those who get near, being brought to its heart and turned into more of THE CORRUPTED. But its is only a matter of time before something happens. It can be felt by those with access to any laylines within the Digital World. SOMETHING is coming.

The Digital World
DEVIMON

1680535864706.png

Devimon was situated in his old and dark castle, plotting his next moves to gain more and more power. He already had about twenty six digimon under his command and he knew that it was only a matter of time before he was able to gain more and control swathes of the Digital Realm. But what was presently on his mind was THE GLITCH and THE CORRUPTED. Being the mastermind that he was, he watched and waited as others had attempted their grabs on the point, having correctly surmised that it was something far too dangerous for anyone to control.

At least in its current state. Perhaps a method could surface at a later date that could give him control over it. But at the present time, it is a clear and present danger to everyone in the digital world. And for now, that is not something that he would be willing to risk his precious supplies and power on.

A Numemon waddled into Devimon's throne room and gave a sort of bow that only a blob like creature such as a Numemon could give. He spoke in the high pitched and lispy voice that his kind usually did.

"My Illustrious Master, a horde of Koromon seem to be at the gates. They seem to be agitated by something!"

---------------------------------
WIZARDMON
1680536412168.png

Wizardmon had been wandering the digi-wastes for some time now and finally arrived at a Restaurant in the middle of an oasis. There were a bunch of Digimon mingling about, either those that had just eaten their fill or those who were about to enter themselves and were just waiting for the rest of their party before venturing forth.

The various smells have been wafting into Wizardmon's sense of smell. The deliscious and mouth watering meats with various spices and the cool refresing drinks. He can only imagine without seeing what there was. But everyone outside seemed more than satisfied.

Going inside, the Vegimon at the Front looks at you and smiles a toothy grin. "Table for one? Right this way, SIR!"

He leads you to a table in the corner where as he is waiting for someone to arrive and take his order, now he can finally see all the deliscious and wonderous foods. Darkened meats covered in sauces, vegetables that have been sautéed, flambayed desserts and drinks of a variety of colors.

Wizardmon can hear a nearby Agumon and a Gatomon talk. "The Corrupted have been spotted out in the desert.

"Thats purrrposterous. They haven't been seen outside of THE GLITCH!"

"I know what I've heard. It's just bad news."

Before Wizardmon could hear anymore, a Floramon arrived with a notepad and a pen.

"What can I get you?"

The Human Realm

1680537734070.png

Strange things had been happening as of late. There have been power outages sporadically over the last few weeks. The mayor said that it was due to upgrading the systems at the Power Plant, but that seems more like a cover up story than anything else. During these outages, people have been reported missing, only to appear a few days later with no memory of what happened during their missing time and also have been reported as acting differently.

A section of the Downtown area close to the POWER PLANT in a rundown and mostly abandoned section of the city has also seen all kinds of strange creatures of varying shapes and sizes. Nothing that had been spoken of made sense. Monstrously huge Teddy Bears taller than a man, Blobs of muck that shoot out garbage, talking rats?? Clearly those people are taking too much of the bottle or tripping on shrooms.

The Police will get to the bottom of this, soon.

-----------

Randy Gibbs

1680545947124.png

It was a LONG DAY for Randy. He had just come home after getting into a big fight with some jerk that disagreed with him on the local Hockey Team, The Red Rockets. Alphonso was a HUGE fan of their rivals, the Blue Torpedoes. After Alphonso bashed on the Team Captain one too many times, Randy has had enough and at first, harsh words were said. But that quickly devolved into a battle fo fists, which naturally, Randy had won as it was difficult to match him in fighting prowess.

Of course, his parents hadn't been too keen and happy when they had to pick him up from the Principal's office for the third time this month and so he was sent to his room right after dinner. No Televison, no computer, no phone.

Tossing a ball up and down in the air, suddenly, the tv in his room turned on. It was only static, but he still rushed to find the remote as he didn't want his parents to hear and for him to get in even more trouble. As he is digging through a pile of dirty clothes on the floor, he hears something lightly hit the floor as the static on the tv stops.

Peering his head out from under the clothing, he sees a small flaming cat monster???

It suddenly speaks. "Hi! I'm Coronamon, wanna tussle?"

Your eyes suddenly grow wide as you realize that this is a Digimon. You didn't think they were real. Thye were just in tv shows and video games.

Coronamon titlts his head and waves his large paw in Randy's face.

"Hello, EarthRealm to Randy! I'm Coronamon, your Digimon Partner and the whole world needs your help. IN fact, two worlds need your help. What do you say, wanna be a HERO?"

--------------------------------------

Quentin Harrison Tolslav

1680609183735.png

Another long day at school. Quinton had watched Randy get himself into another fight, the hot headed guy was always getting himself into trouble. Any trouble that Quinton was getting involved in was mostly that he was too absorbed in deep thought that he wouldn't exactly be paying attention to what was being taught in the classroom. There was a number of times that he got detention due to his teachers thinking that he was goofing off rather than absorbing the lessons before him.

They weren't completely wrong. HIs thoughts were on Digimon. Even though it was merely a show and video game series, Quinton had also wondered about the process of the Digimon hatching from their eggs and interacting with those same digimon. Even them digivolving into different forms and back was fascinating.

He was coming home from one of these such detentions when he was passing by a television store. The screens started to flicker and turn to static. As Quinton got closer, suddenly he was face to face with a GHOST!!

Jumping back, he noticed that the GHOST did the same thing.

But wait. It wasn't a GHOST, it was a Digimon. It was Ghostmon. As soon as Quinton had this realization, Ghostmon smiled at him.

"Hello Quinton. I'm Ghostmon and we are going to be partners in saving the WORLD!"

---------------------------------

Jarrod Thorne

1680610670619.png

It wasn't easy being one of the few people in school that was as into the Digimon Card game as he was. Many of the others would get turned away by how enthusiastic has was for the subject matter, leaving him to seem intimidating to others and withrawing himself from amny around him. His only real friends were Quinton and Randy. For while they weren't as into the card game as he was, they still humored him and played it. Sometimes, they would even win.

But Jarrod knew all the tricks of the trade and had many different kinds of counters for all kinds of moves. But as much as he loved the card game, he truly wished that he had his own digimon, for real. Unfortunately, it was just a Card Game for him, a video game for others and a acrtoon for others still.

Jarrod was lounging in the park, gong over the latest and coolest combo that he had crafted, when he heard a loud splash in the nearby waters. AT first, he ignored it as he was in the zone. But then, it happened again and again.

He looked up from his cards to see a Digimon flying in front of him. It was Swimon.

After rubbing his eyes, he realized he wasn't dreaming.

"I'm real Jarrod! And I need your help to save the World! What do you say, Partner?"

--------------------------------------

Benjamin Mitchell

1680611813600.png

It was already a LONG day for Benjamin. He had to work late at the Factory, his car had broken down and then it started to rain. It was not his day. But as Mitchell knew, every day was not his day. He was probably the unluckiest man on the planet. In his younger days, he had felt otherwise. IN fact, it had seemed like nothing could go wrong back in those days. But as soon as he had grown up, it had all gone away.

The magic died and with it, his fortunes seemed to reverse. And he's been living that way ever since. But at the very least, his home hadn't yet been subjected to those mysterious blackouts that have been roaming through the city.

He opened the door to his apartment, dropped his keys into the nearby bowl and through his jacket onto a nearby chair. Ben slumped down into hsi comfy reclining chair when his phone started to ring.

Ugh. It was probably work asking him to stay tomorrow for overtime. As though he had nothing else to do. Well, he didn't, but that was besides the point.

As he approached his phone, the ringing stopped and out popped what looked like a large Cog with a Face. It smiled at him and spoke.

"Hello! I'm Solarmon and I'm your new partner Ben! We are going to save the world together!!"

----------------------------

Ddos

1680612434727.png

The CODE. There was something new in the code. Something that was corrupting all around it in the Digital World. But it was different from normal code or even a normal VIRUS. It was something esle. Something new. Something Dangerous. It was a virus of unprecidented chaos and destruction and left unchecked, it could mean things will be circling towards the worst case scenario.

But watching it carefully, it seemed that any programs or viruses that tried to come in contact with it were converted to more of its spread. So it would have to wait. For now at least.

From this Desktop in this room, Ddos was practically a Digital God. They would figure out how to deal with it soon enough. None would threaten their domain.

But for now....it seemed as though the Digital World was breaking through the barrier. Several blips appeared on the long range scanners and it seemed as though some were virus types.

A PING appeared. It seemed that fellow Hacker 404 was sending a message to meet on the deeper darker web. It must be something important enough to delve in with avatars.​

JARROD THORNE

Jarrod was still not completely convinced. He got up from where he was sitting and began poking Swimmon from numerous positions. The Tropical Fish Digimon didn't seem to enjoy the experience, earning Jarrod a face full of salty water from the Digimon's "Brine Pistol." Jarrod fell to the floor with a thud, scattering his cards everywhere.

"Believe me, now?" said Swimmon.

Jarrod nodded his head as water dripped off his face. "Sorry, but can you blame me?" Jarrod said, wiping his face with his sleeve. "The only Digimon I've ever seen have been on cards, and I suppose video games and cartoons, and the closest I've ever had to a Digimon Partner have been the Digimon in my deck..."

The shock of having a real-life Digimon appear in front of him was replaced with concern for the state of his cards. They were his most prized possession and he would be devastated if anything happened to them.

"My deck!" Jarrod began crawling around on his hands and knees, picking up every single one of his cards he could find. Inspecting them, some of the cards were slightly wet but all and all they appeared undamaged. Jarrod breathed a sigh of relief, thank God he had invested in protective sleeves for all of them.

Swimmon could see how worried Jarrod was about his cards. "Sorry about your cards."

"It's okay." Jarrod said, as he wiped the cards off and put them back in the metal tin he kept them in. "No harm done. Now what was this about saving the world, partner?"

Actions
1.Talk to Swimmon about the reason for his arrival.
2. Examine cards/contents of deck.

1680818399161.png
Quentin Tolslav
"Eh, what? Err... where you come from?" Quentin lazily looked over. Having a delayed reaction, Quentin jumped. About as much as a snail. But, he jumped nevertheless. He looked to his left and to his right. He looked to be alone. "So dude, you wanna take this to the casa?" Quentin definitely didn't know what that meant. He might know what a taco is, might.

Ghostmon giggled, "Do you even know where you are?"

Quentin scratched his head, sniffed his armpit, and fanned his shirt, "You either know where you are or know how fast you're going."

"You're standing still..."

Quentin shuffled his backpack, rubbed his forehead with the back of his hand. He twirled around with a confused look, "Right. Fair point. I was walking home. Guess you're coming with me. Unless... you wanna go down towards the powerplant. Cool stuff down there. Couldn't really go down myself..."

Ghostmon flew around Quentin, "So, who else would you go with?"

"My older brother Brent. My other older sisters are too busy with their boyfriends. Hmmm Cheetos... "

"Then, let's go get Brent?"

Quentin meandered down the street, turning towards the powerplant, "Cheetos, turkey, Katy Perry DVD."

Ghostmon shrugged, "Weird shopping list."

1. Research recent strange events from the internet.​
    2. Investigate the incidents at the power plant in-person.​

Trektek Trektek

sbsm6s1j.png

"The hell? Did Terry spike my lunch with his 'herbal supplements' again?" Randy muttered mostly to himself, eyes still locked onto the creature that should have only been around in those dorky awesome shows and games his cousin had showed him the year before. "Cause this makes no sense right now."

"Hey hey! Focus on me future hero! We need to get you ready to save the world! Both of them!" The monkey-like digimon attempted to snap in Randy's face, not managing to create the sound with the motion.

"Right, right! Slap me!" Randy pats his cheek, still not quite believing that what he is seeing is real.

In a near instant the beast digimon did as it was told, slapping Randy hard enough to launch him onto his bed and nearly knocking him out easily. With a shaky breath the teen shot straight up, breathing heavily and staring at the now confirmed to be real creature.

"Your real," What came out of his mouth wasn't quite a question, nor quite a statement, but something between the two. "Digimon are real and I just got slapped by one."

"Yes they are, now we need to figure out what we are going to do!" The excited mon leaped onto the bed next to the human. "After all partner, we have worlds to save!"​

Actions
1. Investigate the strange occurrences occurring in the area near the Power Plant
2. Attempt to sneak into the Power Plant​

Handle: DDoS

Keyword: Envious/Unwavering/ Hacker

Human Adult

Type: Technology

Device: Desktop [Additional Power]

Ability: Digital Probability
(Once per turn, you can alter up to three rolls. These can be yours, NPCs, or other players)

concept-shot-cyber-criminal-taking-260nw-2122546757.jpg

DDoS sat In the darkness of her domain, awash in the soft blue glow of her monitor. Frightening figures, and scary silhouettes seemed to surround her, their fangs bared and their claws outstretched towards her, staring out from every angle as she went on the attack.

With every key stroke she penetrated deeper into her opponents defence, dodging the security systems every attempt at blocking her. She had chosen now as the perfect time to begin her assault on the Power Plant's systems, and it seemed she was right. With the blackout causing a slew of demands on the Power Grid, DDoS had leapt into action to worm her way into it's bowels.

This was the first step in her mission. With the appearance of Digimon in the real world, DDoS couldn't, wouldn't, let a simple blackout stop her. Her goal was far too important.

Actions
DDoS will attempt to insert a backdoor into the Power Plants system, allowing her to drain power when needed and protect herself from blackouts. Ally Hacker 404 will aid in the effort (Unwavering/ Hacker keyword used)
DDoS will hack into the Bank's systems to finance her mission, stealing money from the rich and powerful. Ally Hacker 404 will aid and be allowed to take the necessary funds as payment in the effort (Unwavering/Envious/Hacker Keywords used)

Last edited:
DEVIMON
ma_tsuya-0129debimon.jpg

Devimon considered the recent incident with the Koromon and scowled as he starts to consider the need to secure territory. The Digihorde could not survive without controlling territory to monitor the Corruption. They would need to expand and bring more Digimon under his control. More followers and soldiers in his efforts to survive this madness. From there, he would be ready to push outwards. To order this world as he considers how to fight the infection. There was no controlling it. No yet. Even then it might be better to annhilate it and become the savior of this world. Its GOD.

Devimon smiles wickedly to himself as he strokes his chin with a long claw. He dispatches his minions is fortified patrols to begin assessing surrounding lands. While they d id that, he would begin to muse over the means to detect the Corruption to avoid more infiltrators. Spies and saboteurs were unacceptable... unless they were his own.​

Devimon

Commanding, Devious, Manipulative

Minions are Expendable- For every Minion you sacrifice, you can gain either additional dice or reroll dice

Minions:
7 Commandramon
4 Dokunemon
7 Numemon
5 Goblimon
3 Demi-Devimon
17 Koromon​

Actions
1. Scouting in Force the surrounding regions to being planning for securing more territory.
2. Devimon will attempt to research a means to detect Corruption Digimon.​

Jarrod Thorne

1680610670619.png

Swimmon smiled. Well, s much as a fish looking Digimon that had a beak with teeth could smile.

"I thought you'd never ask. I'm here to get your help to save two worlds. Both the Human Realm and the Digital One. That's really all there is to it!"

The digimon happily swam through the air and performed a figure eight.

"Now, I say gather up your cards and help me to help you! I think there's a dangerous Digimon near your house!"

Looking over his cards, Jarrod could see that there were a number of useful ones right off the bat, for boosting Swimmon in Battle....

Digi Armor
Rocket Boost
Steel Fins
Distraction.​

Quentin Harrison Tolslav

1680609183735.png

Ghostmon and Quentin wandered down towards the Power Plant as they talked in what was decidedly a strange and unique conversation that only two individuals disconnected from realty could have.

It was certainly an interesting one to be sure. Which continued even as Quentin used his phone to search up strange incidents on the internet. As it had happened, it seemed that lately, people had gone missing for short periods of time and then shown back up with no knowledge of the lost time and acting very differently than before they had gone missing.

This seemed to have happened at least 5 documented times in the city. Which meant it probably happened a lot more.

The duo arrived at the Power Plant, only to find the main entrance cordoned off with police tape......

(Continued on Discord)

Randy Gibbs

1680545947124.png

The strange occurrences were being written off as people hallucinating or just being confused, but upon closer inspection of the details, especially with the help of his new ally and friend, it seemed that the descriptions matched up with those of Digimon.

Monezomon, Chuumon and Garbagemon were probably some of the most likely suspects to be had.

It could be dangerous, but with this duo together, perhaps they could accomplish something that neither could have done alone.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the Power Plant. It looked as though the front was cordoned off with Police Tape, but, his observant eyes managed to catch a hole in one of the parts of a chain link fence.

(Continued on Discord)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back