• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Desruc

Professional Digimon Tamer
It all started on that fateful day, April 7th 20XX. In the strange city of Reclusia, a 24-year-old province of Canada, six children reside within this city. Having only lived off of the Digimon card game, even if that, the children all had varying reactions to sprites of strange creatures, their partner Digimon, appearing on the screen of their phones approximately a year ago. Each child is currently in the range of 14-18 and is attending Riverwood High, one of the more average schools in the district.

Today, Noah decided to wear his brown leather jacket, along with a black shirt underneath. He also has slightly ripped black jeans on. Noah walks out of the classroom, a few other kids tailing him. He hoists his black backpack up and onto his shoulders, possibly from rushing it on whilst in the classroom. The school bell chimes throughout the entire, fairly large building. Noah goes up against a wall, putting one of his black and white Converse-brand shoes against the wall. He takes his xPhone out. He gives all of the people he was previously with goodbyes, and unlocks his phone. He quickly navigates to contacts. He presses the call button for a contact named "Maman." The phone dials for a short while, before the phone connection is established.

Noah - "Hey, Mom. Can you come pick me up from school?"

??? (Noah's Mom) - "Alright. I was just about to get in the shower, so give me twenty minutes."

Noah - "Okay. Bye."

Noah's Mom hangs up the phone.

"What am I supposed to do for twenty minutes?" Noah sighs out, exasperated. He decides to simply sit down on the ground, before an all-to familiar sprite shows up on his phone.

"Noah! Noah!" Herissmon yells. Noah turns his phone volume down, too used to this behaviour.

"Sh, Herissmon! I'm still in school, remember?" Noah loud-whispers. Thankfully, his friends are already far enough out of ear-shot to be unable to hear this strange interaction.

"Okay! I'm sh-ing!" Herissmon whispers. Noah gives a smile in return to Herissmon's goofiness. Herissmon begins laughing uncontrollably, causing Noah's smile to only grow bigger on his face.

"What's so funny, Herissmon?" Noah is obviously confused on what the joke is. What Herissmon just said wasn't even that funny, why is he laughing so hard?

"I feel," "Funny!" Herissmon manages to get out between laughs. Noah raises an eyebrow, but his phone begins to glow light blue. Just like on April 7th of last year. He immediately drops it, and steps back. No. No no no. What's happening? From his phone, a small creature begins to emerge. First, the head. Next, the neck and body. Finally, the legs, all covered in 0s and 1s of varying color. The 0s begin to multiply, before clustering together, forming a white creature with light gray, yellow-tipped quills going from head to the back. Noah looks at the stubby-legged, short-armed, honestly, just overall short, yet humanoid, porcupine in front of him.

Noah stumbles back, realizing what in the hell just happened. Herissmon looks at his hands, and feet. A look of realization crosses his face. He looks at Noah with a glimmer in his eyes.

"NOAHHHHH!" Herissmon yells. Herissmon begins running after Noah. Noah turns on a heel, and begins running away. He throws the closest door open, sprinting away, a porcupine in hot pursuit.

"Helppp! HELPPPP!" Noah screams, waving his hands in the air.

"I'm gonna get'cha, I'm gonna get'cha!" Herissmon yells, also throwing his hands in the air while running after his Tamer.

Koma Dakeshi.

Today was a good day, he had to say. Everything went well. Some of his teachers seemed to inherit the mood, leading to a pretty nice classroom experience. Smooth, uninhibited. Koma liked today.

And then the bell rang, jolting the teenager out of his thoughts. A smile formed on his face as he now realized he'd be able to talk to Guilmon, and the boy reached out to grasp his backpack, pulling it over his shoulders as he stood from the chair. The students around him flooded past the desks, tables, and chairs in a dash for the exit, finally free. With a chuckle at the sight, Koma joined the crowd, shifting between the students as he made his way to the exit. With only a slight struggle this time, he made it, and exited the crowd once more.

But he decided he'd take the back route today. Less people, more time to talk with Guilmon. Separating from the path most others were taking, he went the opposite way, taking a pathway that looped towards the exit on the opposite side of the school. His hand slipped into his pocket, pulling his phone out. The device slid smoothly into his hand as he brought it to his face, unlocking his Cyborg-brand phone with a press of the power button/fingerprint sensor.

With that, a familiar crimson dinosaur appeared on screen. Guilmon was curled up in the corner of the home screen, snoring away. Chuckling, Koma lightly tapped the sprite a couple times. "Hey, Guilmon. Wake up, school's over. I'm heading out right now."

The dragon-dinosaur stirred before raising his head, looking through the cameras of the phone. "... Oh, Koma. How was school today? I still don't understand why you have to go through something that boring."

Koma let out a laugh. "It wasn't that bad! It was actually kinda fun today. Teachers were in a good mood. Plus, it'd be illegal for me not to come to school."

Guilmon shifted into a sitting position as he looked out towards Koma. "Eh, laws are weird. What if you jus-"

And then, as Koma stepped forwards to open the door to another hallway, he caught a brief glimpse through the window of... Something running after a teenager.

Was it a rodent? Some kind of-

Koma's thoughts were interrupted the third time that hour, as a bright crimson light began to emanate from his phone. He turned his head and brought up his arm quickly to shield his eyes from the light, said light quickly growing to encompass the entire nearby area, shining brightly through the the windows as a dinosaur-like figure took shape within the light.

Koma grunted. Was that...?
"... Guilmon?"

list-image
tumblr_p7a52ou4081xp4qolo9_250.jpg
tumblr_p7a52ou4081xp4qolo7_250.png

πŸ…—πŸ…πŸ…‘πŸ…€ πŸ…£πŸ…πŸ…šπŸ…πŸ…’πŸ…—πŸ…˜

Haru was a good student, at least he tried to be, only one problem right now. He kept excitedly checking his phone throughout the day. He had grown close to the being called Terriermon X on his phone. The strange creature was interesting and he'd grown quite attached already. It was like an alien in his own cellular device. He struggled through his AP classes and his focus was shot. He knew he had to snap out of it and understand his new digital friend would be there. His school work was more important at the moment. Sighing he rubbed his eyes and placed his phone back sneakily. "Can anyone find the common denominator?" the teacher drawled on and Haru grit his teeth, he hated math.

The bell rang and he literally leaped out of his chair banging his knee on the porcelain tabletop. A few students snorted in laughter. "Mister Takashi, I said the class was dismissed, but you need to leave in a timely fashion. Without breaking my desks." the teacher warned. The class laughed and Haru blushed in shame. "Yes, I'm sorry Mr. Wright," he said and sighed. He packed up and headed out the door, walking this time. He made it out into the courtyard and immediately pulled out his phone. Tapping the screen to wake up Terriermon X he grinned.

"Hey~! Terriermon!" He said and looked around.

"Oi, I was trying to sleep Haru." Terriermon rubbed his eyes and pouted.

"Sorry..." Haru mumbled.

He noticed someone being chased by a yellow and grey hedgehog. He blinked, hedgehogs didn't come in that color. Then nearby a whole ass dinosaur came out someone's phone. Well then, he stared in awe. He felt his phone warm-up and light came from it.

"Terriermon! Are you okay?" he saw something come out of the phone and there was his friend, in the flesh. Was he made of flesh? He smiled, "Hey one question. How the fuck?" Haru asked. Terriermon shrugged, climbed up onto Haru's shoulder and huffed. "You know for an alien you're kind of cute in person." Haru quipped.

"I'm not an alien." came the reply.

He rushed over to the other two and whistled.

"You guys have aliens too?!"

Noah immediately stops and brings his hands down once he catches a glimpse of the small rabbit-like Digimon out of the corner of his eye. Herissmon, not knowing Noah was going to stop like this, bumps right into Noah's legs. He falls to the ground, laughing. Noah analyzes Terriermon X and Guilmon. He blinks for a few seconds, before looking at Herissmon. He compares the features of Herissmon's to that of the sprite that appeared on his phone that day, forever burned into his memory from their constant interaction.. Next, his eyes look the boy with a class next to his, Haru, over.

Yup, he has to be going insane. Or is he? Noah brings his phone out, and quickly checks it. Herissmon's sprite is gone. Noah smiles at the thought that he isn't crazy after all.

"...What is that?" Noah asks, pointing to Terriermon X. Confusion plagues his mind. Confusion of what in the hell is going on. What appears to have happened is that Herissmon came out of his phone, and now, there is some strange bunny moving around and wearing jewelry?

Immediately, Herissmon chimes in.

"Ooo, is that a Digimon too?!" Herissmon then begins to run towards the Terriermon X, excitement all over his features. Herissmon lifts his small arms up, going in for a big hug as he runs.

The entire time, Noah stares Terriermon X down, analyzing, with a confused look plastered across him like a fake suit.

Last edited:
list-image

"This?" Haru pointed to Terriermon X, "Oh this is Terriermon X, he's my best friend!" he said with a chirp. Haru looked at the other two, a porcupine Digimon. Plus the Dinosaur Digimon was nearby too. What was the connection to all of this? Why did all of them have Digimon? Oh, this was so exciting! He grinned and opened the door separating him and Noah. "I'm Haru Takashi, I think we have class together! " he said excitedly, "Noah right?" he asked.

Terriermon sighed and slapped Haru upside his head.

"I'm sorry about him, he's excitable. He's not even asking all the right questions." Terriermon sighed.

"You both have Digimon, why is that?" he asked.

Haru frowned, "I was thinking it, I just wasn't bold enough to outwardly say it. I'm not an idiot Terriermon." he sighed.​

Koma looked from side to side as the other two talked in the hallway, Guilmon rubbing his eyes and getting used to his surroundings after forming into this reality. The teenager paused for a moment as he stood by the crimson dragon, and after the dinosaur came to the conclusion that he was in the real world, he grinned.

"Never thought I'd actually be standing here." Guilmon glanced at both the digimon. A Terriermon X, and a Herissmon. Interesting, the dinosaur thought, captivated by the new world and the new possibilities all around him. But he shook his thoughts away and focused as Koma wordlessly shared a grin and a fist-claw bump with his partner before speaking excitedly. "This is awesome! But... Like Terriermon asked, why? Why all of us, and why did we meet? Some kinda twist of fate? Destiny? Or maybe just random coincidence?"

The crimson hazard-bearer next to him snorted. "Could be any of those, or none of them. Who knows at this point? I'm less concerned in the why we're here and why we met, and moreso concerned in the what for. There's gotta be a reason for these things, right?"

The teenager nodded, thinking. "You're right... Hm. Well, I'm sure we'll figure it out, no need in worrying too much!" Koma gave them all a single wave, a bright grin on his face as he introduced himself and his friend.

"Name's Koma Dakeshi, and this is Guilmon! It's good to meet you all!"

Last edited:
"Terriermon X..." Noah mumbles. He stores the information inside of his brain, willing his very soul not to forget that name. What an interesting creature. Is this Terriermon X also composed of data, just like Herissmon? Why is there an X after the Terriermon? So many questions, but so little answers for the boy. Noah brings his right hand up to his mouth, beginning to chew on the nail of his thumb, slowly ripping the whiter part on the edge off. His mind races with questions, with answers, with theories, but there are too many theories and problems to solve at once. One at a time, Noah, one at a time. He finally realizes Haru asked for his name, too caught up in his own theories to realize it at first. "Yeah, my name is Noah. Nice to meet you, Haru."

"Digimon... Herissmon, isn't that what you said you are?" Noah questions. Herissmon attempts to wrap his arms around Haru's Terriermon X, making a distinct mhm sound as he does so. Noah begins pondering. This means that they possibly are the same in that sense, and that this Terriermon X also has to be made of data. "Yeah, that's an interesting question. Why do we have Digimon?"

Noah still doesn't notice the red, dinosauric Digimon, nor his Tamer, being too wrapped up in his thoughts and theories and interactions.

That is, until the duo makes their entrance.

Noah slowly turns his head to see the new human, along with the new creature. He points to Guilmon X with a borderline accusing finger, and demands an answer.

"Hey, Koma. Now, tell me, is that a Digimon?" New theories race through his head. How come they are all here, at the exact same time, at the exact same place, all with some mysterious creatures? Did they also encounter these creatures that fateful day in April?

Herissmon is too busy trying to hug Terriermon X to notice Guilmon.​

Last edited:
Starting with the ceiling, the world around them begins to take on a darker shade of blue. Forest green and lightning yellow 0s and 1s lace the strange data, spreading around this like rampant bacteria on a human body. Chills are sent up the Tamer's backs, like something bad is about to happen. The data spreads fast, taking in all aspects of the school it can. Soon enough, the entire school is turned into this strange data. The Digimon all get weird feelings that they cannot place their finger on. Giggling can be heard down each direction of the hallways. Soon, a feminine scream rips through the air like a knife in butter. What will the Tamers do to counter this oncoming threat?
D I G I M O N S P A R K

Michael's phone lit up in his pocket as his complaint Impmon showed up. They could hear the faint sound of Michael snoring. "Pisst... Michael... Michael... Pissst! Wake up...Wake up or your gonna get in more trouble." Impmon was whispering, increasingly getting louder and louder. Michael was fast asleep, drooling in the desk. School had ended but Michael had mouthed off to his teacher, something about them being a boomer, so he was sleeping detention. "At least stop snoring! PISST!" Impmon was a little too loud and startled Michael awake and he jumped out of his desk, the whole thing tipped over onto its side. His phone slipped out of his pocket and slid across the floor. The few other kids lost their shit over this, and Michael not one to look humiliated joined in to try and mitigate his humiliation. Michael sat on the ground laughing for a good ten seconds before composing himself and getting back up, not noticing his phone was gone.

The teacher was already pissed off that he had to spend his afternoon with these idiots in detention, he was not in the mood for anyone's BS. He looked at the phone on the ground and just sighed, as he got up and swiped it off the ground and looked at it. "So this is what you were laughing at, that dumb Pokemons game you kids are obsessed about." He walked back to his desk to his desk and threw it into a dwar.

You could hear the faint please of Impmon. "What are you doing? Give me back! No! Not the drawer it's dark in there!" The please went ignored, to the teacher, it was just a game. And once the dwar was close there cries were covered up.

Michael was quick to protest, he followed the teacher to his desk. "Hey, what the hell that mine give it back!" Ironic considering Michael had stolen the phone a year ago. "You can't just take things that don't belong to you, I wasn't even using it!"

The teacher just glared at Michael and shook his head. "You can get it back when your parents come by to pick it up." Michael's eyes widened and a burning inferno of rage within. He gritted his teeth, but he swallowed the words he wanted to say. Instead through his teeth he forced out "Sir....please I promise you won't see it again." He held his hand out. "Just give it back."

The teacher was not having any of it. "Just go sit down before I give you another day of detention." Michael stomped his foot in frustration and crossed his arms, glad back at the teacher for a few seconds before the teacher said loudly. "Now!" Michael gave in and stomped back over to his desk and just plopped down.

The teacher went back to the boom he was reading. "Stupid kids I sware I dont get payed enough to put up with this." Everything quieted down after that for a few minutes, until this bright light emitted from the drawer. And this muffled digital sounds came from it. The teacher just ignored it, thinking it was just the phone call and it would stop soon. Then the desk shoom, and the teacher was startled. It shook again more violently, and the teacher began to reach for the it, ready to see something like a rat. But a second before he grabbed the handle, it was busted open by a ball of fire and ejected into the wall behind the teacher. They were stunned by this, not knowing how to respond. The head of Impmon popped out of the hole in the desk, the teacher screamed and scrambled over the desk. "Everyone get out now RUN!" The kids wasted no time, they were as freaked out as the teacher. He was ushering everyone out of the room as fast as he could.

Michael got up, grabbed his backpack, he looked back to see Impmon hop up on the desk with a confused expression. "Where is everyone going?" Impmon jumped kdd the desk and started to approach Michael. Who was curious, he recognized that it was Impmon, but did not understand how they were real. He wondered if he was still dreaming,

Before Michael could get any answers or even ask any questions, the teacher grabbed his arm and yanked him out of the room. "Michael! What is wrong with you! Didn't you see that thing explode my desk? Get a move on do you want to die?" He slammed the door shut, fumbled with the keys in his pocket, barely dropping them twice, and jamming the key into the clock to lock that creature in the room. Michael was moving along with everyone running away, occasionally looking back. He wasn't sure if that was the Impmon he had known, it couldn't be, that would simply be ridiculous.

The door behind everyone shook several times and then stopped followed by another loud blast of fire that blew the door open. It struck more terror in everyone's heart, they all ran even faster. Even Michael was scared, despite his curiosity about who that was, but was not about to take the chance that he might get roasted alive. A faint voice called down the hall. "Hey Michael where are you going? Why are you running away? Did I do something wrong?" Impmon leaped after them, they took long jumps to catch up to Michael in particular.

Impmon was almost caught up to Michael. "Buddy wait up for m..." They stopped in there tracks, turned on their heels. They looked down the hall, they could feel that something was coming and they knew that it couldn't be good. They were trembling, but they were prepared to stand there ground, it meant Michael getting aways safe they were prepared to face anything.

Michael heard Impmon calling him by name, he slowed down to a stop and looked back. This wave of anxiety hit him like a freight train, as the world around him dissolved into code. As it started to encroach on the ground Michael slowly backed up before turning to run, but the code had already started coming from that direction as well. He backed up and bumped into Impmon, as the code finally overtook them. Impmon jumped and turned around surprised to still see Michael there, a fireball already formed in there hand. "What? I thought you were gone with the others." They looked panicked, the fire faded away. "We need to get you out of here and now." The little girls laughter turned screech was so loud Michael and Impmon covered their ears in pain. "Now!" Impmon screamed Michael ran faster than he had ever run in his life.

Out of the corner of his left eye, Noah seen the ceiling start digitizing. His anxiety immediately grabbed his chest, threatening to never let go again. His head immediately shoots in the direction of the strange occurrence, and dead-sets his eyes on the rapid digitization. He takes a few steps back, but the digitization spreads to the floor. He braces himself, only to have it go under his feet. He looks down in shock, only to see he is still standing. He looks at the area around him, the walls fully digitized. The itch crawls up his back like the sins of a social mistake, or as if someone is watching you. The giggling makes him clutch his chest and begin taking deeper breathes, trying to calm himself down. Then, the shriek. That shriek. Anxiety begins to get replaced with anger, but anger at what? Who knows. Anger at the Earth they stand on? At least, if this is that Earth.

Noah takes off in a sprint down the digitized halls towards the direction of the scream. A strange smell fills his nose, but he doesn't know what. Noah nearly trips over his own feet. Anxiety and fear clutching the insides of his chest, threatening to swallow him alive, but Noah doesn't care. The anger flowing through his veins changes that anxiety and fear into adrenaline, which he burns through quickly with his sprinting. Herissmon looks around, realizing Noah is gone. He immediately starts running after Noah, yelling.

"Noahhh! Wait for meee!" Herissmon follows in Noah's footsteps the best he can, but his stubby legs can only bring him so far. He races after Noah, eventually seeing him stop. Herissmon finally catches up to see the shadow of two people (Impmon and Michael, but they don't know that) running around the corner. A chill is sent up both of their spines alike, and Herissmon looks at Noah.

"Let's go after them, Noah!" Herissmon says, trying to sound excited, but sounding quite obviously scared. Noah and Herissmon both gulp.

"Yeah, let's go," Noah mumbles. Noah and Herissmon begin running after the shadows, their feet making loud impact on the ground.

list-image

Perhaps this was the meaning of why they were chosen by the digital creatures. He figured he should go and find out. He grabbed Terriermon and placed him on his shoulder. Rushing out towards the direction that Noah went. He took note of how digitalized everything was. It was hard to make out reality. Unfortunately for Haru, he was downright terrified. He wasn't sure what to make of the screams and giggles that surrounded him. It made his heart patter in his chest and made him clench his jaw. He was hesitant at every corner.

"Haru, what do you think caused this?" Terriermon asked.

"I'm not sure, but I don't like it, don't you have any sort of answers?" Haru asked.

"No, I'm afraid not. I know as much as you do." the rabbit creature frowned.

When he finally caught up to Noah he called out. "Should we really be heading into danger like this?" he asked.​

Two creatures round the corner. Long, slender creatures with many fingers, and no human-like feet. Instead, they have purple tentacles coming from their bottom. The creature floats on the ground, and has piercing green eyes. Orange triangles that appear to look like a collar completely surround the being's neck. Yellow circles are on the back of the being's large hands. The being also has slender arms, along with no visible neck, and has antennae shooting from the top of it's head. The Keramon begins to giggle. Just like the giggle from before, creepy and maniacal. A purple sphere appears in its mouth, before firing off at Michael. Another Keramon rounds the corner, beginning to giggle at Haru.

"Honestly? Probably not," Noah replies, trying to cheer himself up a little bit.. Noah's mouth goes try, and his hands become weak. Emotion flares from his stomach to his pectorals, sending wave after wave of itself throughout his body. Fear. What is this creature in front of him? Why are they being attacked? Herissmon doesn't think twice. He immediately spins into a ball, launching at the Keramon that is beginning to giggle at Haru.

"Kenzan Dive!"

A strange shadow lurks around corners, despite there being no being to create a shadow, let alone enough light to create such a shadow. Shivers are sent up Koma's spine as the shadow draws closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back