• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Digimon Saga: Digital Squadron {Plotting/Chat Thread}

GrayDiscipleOfYeet

This is where we will talk about things such as our characters and the worldbuilding.

But first things first: The timeline. The Champions were children in the late 90s. The current story takes place in the mid-to-late 2010s. Think of it as an alternate history of sorts.​

Nice! I'm also going to elaborate on a few more things.

The Digivices:
Their first digivices were just their original portable game systems (Basically a Not-Gameboy) enhanced by the Olympos Twelve. Following their return to reality, the handhelds went back to their pre-Digital World models.

Their new divices are watch-like in appearance, going around their wrists.

Patrons and Champions:
It's the connection between the God Man Digimon and their chosen Champion that unlocks Mega stage. Basically, they have to perform a feat that impresses their patron (i.e. an act of justice for Jupitermon, or an act of love for Venusmon).

Some major details about the group's first adventure:
*While a few of the kids knew each other (i.e. Sarah and Arthur), the entire group hadn't met until they were all brought into the Digital World.

*Herissmon was actually the first Dark Digivolved they encountered, later on; Becoming Fury Mode Rasenmon and wreaking havoc until he was put down. Herissmon was later reborn in his Pusumon form (This itineration of the Digital World has a Krakoa-esque resurrection system/culture).

*At one point post-Fury Mode Incident, Sarah and Herissmon had to be rescured from Petermon's Never-Ever Land.

Gotcha. For the feats the Champions have to perform, would it be based on their own ideals or those of the patron? For example, would Elijah have to perform an action that represents his own idea of justice, or would it have to line up with Jupitermon's?

Lucem Lucem It is based on the Champion’s own ideal, yes. Sarah’s feat is an act of love, in general; Mainly platonic with the faintest affection for either Elijah, Arthur, or both (Why, yes, there will be a love triangle).

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot Yeah. Essentially, Elijah and Sarah are the “first crushes/loves” for one another, but so are Arthur and her. Only with Elijah, the two were the “one who got away” for each other; They never really figured out their feelings as children.

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot Awesome! Me too!

In general, while the first adventure wasn’t exactly safe for children, the new team is going to deal with *a lot* rougher stuff. Things like Digimon being used in crimes, Digimon committing crimes...Oh, and a possibility of the worlds either being merged or destroyed.

And one of their arc enemies, in honor of the latest Resident Evil game, will be Lilithmon.

Ummm... as far as the crime part is concerned, since genius is my forte and I am - irl - a fan of crime novels, I'd love to solve a case or two :D

I like Lilithmon as a villain. All of the Demon Lords are quite interesting... although I'd love to see Barbamon... I don't know why, but I way always fond of the disgusting old guy :D How many arcs/villains did you have in mind?

Why, yes, there will be a love triangle
Seems like it could be an interesting subplot. Historically, the team leader doesn't have good luck with love triangles, so it looks like Arthur has an edge.

Are there any other important events from the first adventure we should know about?

Hmm...I haven’t figured out how many, yet. But I know there is an intro arc, and an arc revolving around Lucemon. Who plays a part in the Two Worlds prophecy.

Lilithmon isn’t the only one, actually. Barbamon can be one of the villains; The Demon Lords, worshipped by the Dark Dynasty of the first adventure.

The good Lucemon before he had his ass kicked by the Ancient Warriors or the evil Lucemon from every other storyline? :D

Dark Dynasty? :D

Lucem Lucem I listed them, earlier (Such as Rasenmon’s Fury Mode). But another thing to know is that, close to the final battle, the Champions and their partners returned to the real world...With the Digital World being revealed.

In the aftermath, people knew there were Champions, but not who they were. The kids had their identities protected, luckily.

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot The one who looks like a child. In this itineration, he’s innocent. And the whole prophecy revolves around him either saving or destroying the two worlds.

A creation of a user named cyberelite2k. Basically, a kingdom of Dark Digimon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back