• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Digimon RP Interest Check

Dracowolf

A Slightly Disgruntled Raptor
Edit:
Here's the main thread, it has the links to the OOC and the Character thread

Feel free to start heading for the OOC and character thread

So, I have a few various ideas of how it could possibly work but I just want to start with the basic and then work with those interested to pull the rest together. So, simple question: Anyone up for a Digimon RP? I always am up for Digimon RPs.

Okay, less simple than that, because when I say Digimon I'm mostly looking at the first few generations and some of the games. Not Fusion/X-Wars, I'd be open to allowing Anti-body Digimon in but more for their looks to be included. This would really be focused more towards Digimon Adventure in terms of style, so no cards for power ups, not Tamers at all, though if there's a digimon in that you like there are digital lines to make it but no trainers turning into digimon like some weird Power Rangers knock off. Maybe a few ideas of Data Squad, but otherwise mostly Digimon Trainers with their partner, maybe a second partner depending how everyone feels, but nothing more. A few wild Digimon that aren't connected. Open to people playing their own Digimon or others. Characters going between the physical world and the digital world, you get the idea.

Last edited:
Acethekidd Acethekidd
Glad you're interested!

Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob
On a case by case basis. I would accept any Digimon from any generation to use and any Digivolution line listed on the Digimon wiki (So not just the usual line). User created I'd be looking more at balance and why it's being made. I tend to be more off put by recolors being claimed as original, but fully original I do accept after a general balance check (Don't want Rookies taking out Megas). Certain recolors are fine, because they do make a different Digimon like certain Digimon having a black coloration or grey coloration, tend to be infected by a virus. There are Ice versions as well. So, just flipping another Digimon to that is okay as long as it's recognized how it would change would affect them and people aren't writing "OC do not steal" everywhere on those version.

So far the different ideas I'm working with:

1) Go with something close to the games. Where they operate in the Digital World but are a bit more organized than not. Digimon cities where both humans and Digimon get along but there are those who take issue with having the two groups work closely together, there are viruses and those on the human side who figure that if Digimon are made of data then they can enhance them.
2) Just pure Digimon, forget about humans, Digimon fighting against something.
3) Go with something similar to the idea of DATS but a tad darker. Where once the digital world became known a government organization purposely hunted down those who created connection with Digimon to create a fighting force.
4) Create a world where the technology still allows the Digital World to exist but society itself is stuck within certain time period so like Digimon but the world is more Medieval in nature or Wild West. Because Cyber Knights and Data Outlaws.
5) Go with something similar to the original a group of humans see the digital world and need to solve a problem there.

I've been working on a plot and how the world itself will work based on some of the games with a few extra things thrown in. To help give ideas for characters as I finish up here's what I got, I welcome opinions:

The Digital World reached out to the human world and started sending invites, more and more until everyone was invited. This led to portals being created and people visiting the world. Digimon leaders in the Digital World welcomed everyone and built cities to help people feel at home. It eventually became like a vacation spot. Other towns and such popped up and some were themed based on whatever Digimon was in charge, like theme parks. The cities were each led by one powerful Digimon, typically of the Royal Knight line or a Holy Beast. Smaller towns and villages usually had a ultimate or mega running them. Cities are guarded well.

Over time some humans stopped going home, they found jobs in the Digital World and were given eggs so they could have a partner, this would allow them to travel without guards. Eventually hackers tried to mess with the code and the need for new jobs in the Digital World arrived, police, bounty Hunter, white hat hackers, and so on. Others became Pathfinders, those who basically would guide visitors to towns for a price. Scientists also study Digivolution and the connection of the world. Certainly there are other jobs people can add to work with for characters. You're also free to create towns and cities for your character to know of that may be shady compared to others, or have a theme.

People who are visitors, those without partners that use the Digital World for vacation but prefer the human world, tend to be called Tourists and not always in a good way.

Visitors who see people that live almost exclusively in the Digital World tend not to like them either, thinking it's weird that they prefer Digimon.

The plot will center around a city being suddenly wiped off the map and no one knows why so the other cities call a meeting and start assembling a team with various skills. But I'm still playing with it. I want the missing city to be the big overarching plot with smaller plots for the characters to deal with first.

Digimon Wise:
If people can find a logical reason for their character to have two partners, I'll allow it.
Those with one Digimon only can have their Digimon walk around as a champion as needed without worry
I'll allow multiple of the sane rookie but only one can be referred to as that rookie, the others should have Nicknamed. This also means a different digital line for each one, they must vary at least 2/4 times from rookie to mega. (So one person may have the normal Agumon line another may go the Geo line, another could do Agumon-> Airdramon->Metal Greymon->Gaioumon)
I will accept any line that wikimom has for digivolving.
I will allow the X-Antibody Digimon, but in this case a different reason for why they are that way like they were originally damaged by a hacker and it was the best the
Original Digimon will be accepted on a case by case basis. Mainly because I tend to find recolors as warming signs that someone is going to pull something overpowered.

That's what I'm working with so far, again feel free to share ideas and opinions.

I've been working on a plot and how the world itself will work based on some of the games with a few extra things thrown in. To help give ideas for characters as I finish up here's what I got, I welcome opinions:

The Digital World reached out to the human world and started sending invites, more and more until everyone was invited. This led to portals being created and people visiting the world. Digimon leaders in the Digital World welcomed everyone and built cities to help people feel at home. It eventually became like a vacation spot. Other towns and such popped up and some were themed based on whatever Digimon was in charge, like theme parks. The cities were each led by one powerful Digimon, typically of the Royal Knight line or a Holy Beast. Smaller towns and villages usually had a ultimate or mega running them. Cities are guarded well.

Over time some humans stopped going home, they found jobs in the Digital World and were given eggs so they could have a partner, this would allow them to travel without guards. Eventually hackers tried to mess with the code and the need for new jobs in the Digital World arrived, police, bounty Hunter, white hat hackers, and so on. Others became Pathfinders, those who basically would guide visitors to towns for a price. Scientists also study Digivolution and the connection of the world. Certainly there are other jobs people can add to work with for characters. You're also free to create towns and cities for your character to know of that may be shady compared to others, or have a theme.

People who are visitors, those without partners that use the Digital World for vacation but prefer the human world, tend to be called Tourists and not always in a good way.

Visitors who see people that live almost exclusively in the Digital World tend not to like them either, thinking it's weird that they prefer Digimon.

The plot will center around a city being suddenly wiped off the map and no one knows why so the other cities call a meeting and start assembling a team with various skills. But I'm still playing with it. I want the missing city to be the big overarching plot with smaller plots for the characters to deal with first.

Digimon Wise:
If people can find a logical reason for their character to have two partners, I'll allow it.
Those with one Digimon only can have their Digimon walk around as a champion as needed without worry
I'll allow multiple of the sane rookie but only one can be referred to as that rookie, the others should have Nicknamed. This also means a different digital line for each one, they must vary at least 2/4 times from rookie to mega. (So one person may have the normal Agumon line another may go the Geo line, another could do Agumon-> Airdramon->Metal Greymon->Gaioumon)
I will accept any line that wikimom has for digivolving.
I will allow the X-Antibody Digimon, but in this case a different reason for why they are that way like they were originally damaged by a hacker and it was the best the
Original Digimon will be accepted on a case by case basis. Mainly because I tend to find recolors as warming signs that someone is going to pull something overpowered.

That's what I'm working with so far, again feel free to share ideas and opinions.

Stay free from x-antibody digimon. You'll be happier for it.

I was thinking more about their looks and evolution line and putting limits/altering them. But I was on the fence about X-Antibody anyways, just because all it takes is for someone not to understand the limitations to mess things up.

Glad others are interested in, if there's no other suggestions on what I've done so far I'll keep working on it, and put together the RP this week.

I was thinking more about their looks and evolution line and putting limits/altering them. But I was on the fence about X-Antibody anyways, just because all it takes is for someone not to understand the limitations to mess things up.

Glad others are interested in, if there's no other suggestions on what I've done so far I'll keep working on it, and put together the RP this week.

How do you feel about digimon fusions(both types) and armored evolution? Will you incorporate those or leave them out?

I was thinking about those. As it stands, I'm okay with armored digivolutions just being digivolutions, there are ways to get them in the digital lines I'm going to use as reference, essentially if you have a Hawkmon and you want to use Holsmon it would take the place of Aquilamon as the champion level for that line. For something like Magnamon since they're shown to be more powerful they'd become the ultimate line. I don't think I'll be allowing them as side evolutions.

As for fusions, I did not watch Digimon Fusion myself, I just wasn't a fan of it so I am sort of avoiding it. DNA fusion though, I will allow but I will not allow it to be easily done, in which you can either do it on your own since I'll allow two partners which is the hardest to pull off and should be last resort and further down the line or by working with someone else which that'll depend on how characters interact. It would be a last resort still and if people want to use it then the threats will increase to cause it to be needed.

From the Frontier series, you can create those Digimon without doing the entire power rangers move of turning into one, that to me was silly. But, if you like a Digimon from that show you can use them as part of the line. (IE Agnimon can be used as a champion level for a Agumon)

Also, sorry if I confuse anyone by using dub terms on the Digivolution, I know they should be Child, Adult, Perfect then Ultimate, but because I grew up with the dubs I will always refer to the line as Rookie, Champion, Ultimate, Mega. What I will do is when people share what the Digivolution line is for their Digimon is before I accept the character I will load up a wikimon page, go to the rookie and follow the steps to the mega to make sure it lines up, but even then if you can give me a good reason, I may allow it to go one off. Honestly there are so many options when you look into it just from the various games and such, that it shouldn't be a problem to get the Digimon you want to use.

Edit: I am a very wordy monster, I just want to try to leave things cleared up but also open enough so that everyone is capable of having fun. Essentially, I'll balance the villains to be a challenge to whatever comes and everyone can have their favorite Digimon so everyone can have a good time. The offlimits currently are the Holy Beasts and Kimeramon (It'll make sense why on that later)

Last edited:
Okay, thank you for answering my question! Also, I may be a little slow on some things since its been a VERY long time since I've last seen digimon, especially since there is a intimidating amount of just ranging from baby to adult forms. I do anticipate participating in this though and I hope we all can have fun with this and have a good adventure!

No worries on that, if you need any help just let me know and I'll be happy to assist! I should have the main threads up over the next few days, I'm just working on the cities and how jobs work, but will only be making the basics since it's very open ended so others can odd to it without worry of trying to make their character exactly fit into what's provided.

Question as I continue working:
Does everyone want to stick to human characters with their partners or does anyone want to be able to use a Digimon without a partner? I don't mind allowing a few if that's something that interested anyone.

I guess that honestly depends on if anyone who plans on participating isn't really wanting to roleplay as a human.

Alright the threads are up, I'm still workings a bit on cities/towns/villages but feel free to add others for history and my characters are all WiPs. I have purposefully left my digimon's digilines blanks right now I'll fill them in later.

Here's the main thread, it has the links to the OOC and the Character thread

I will now ping everyone who expressed even slight interest. No worries if you don't have interest now, but now you know if you do.
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia , K6-Unit K6-Unit , L Leavant Carver , Airagog Airagog , -robert- -robert- , Theo713 Theo713 , Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob , Acethekidd Acethekidd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back