• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Digimon: Nonsuch Manor Academy [Closed]

Blemmigan

Illusion is eternity. Machines will live forever.

🙚 NONSUCH MANOR ACADEMY FOR THE INTELLECTUALLY GIFTED 🙘
INTEREST CHECK FOR A DIGIMON RP

hall-torn-700-grid-static.png
-
WELCOME
One day, out of the blue, you receive a letter from an elite boarding school that you've never heard of.

Nonsuch Manor Academy for the Intellectually Gifted

Your guardian/s had never heard of it either. But the envelope contained a glossy brochure, with photographs of a beautiful manor house and extensive grounds, and plenty of photogenic teenagers in neat uniforms.
Once you looked it up, there it was. It had a website, a phone number you could ring and speak to a human, records of the house and its history of becoming a school, names of past students, awards won, lists of teachers and their qualifications and plenty more photographs.

The letter itself stated that you were being offered a full scholarship to attend and board. Your current school had sent in an application on your behalf (as one of a number of promising students), and yours had been accepted, if you so wished to attend. Due to the distance, and the school's reputation for taking promising students in from all over the world, transport would be arranged for you. Your family, too, if they wished to see you off. Uniform and books would be provided. Term dates were included, with a polite request that students remain within the school during term times without parent visits, to allow the healthy formation of new friendships and full adjustment to boarding school life.

It seemed like everything had already been taken care of, only requiring your response. And, for whatever reason, you accepted.
MEANWHILE IN THE WORLD
One month ago, there were reports of six bizarre monsters, appearing in various places all over the world. Some of these creatures were huge, some breathed fire, some darted through the air, but all appeared at the same time. A couple of those that appeared in built-up areas wrecked havoc, causing destruction to buildings while people panicked, and several recorded video of what was going on.

In one of the videos, you could clearly see a teenager walking calmly towards the monster, with what looked like a small animal by their side. They were holding something in their hand, and raised it up high above their head--

--and then the child, the animal and the monster vanished, as though they'd all blinked out of existence.

Millions of people all argued over what had happened. The videos were there, the damage was there, and thousands of people claimed to have seen similar events with their own eyes. Thousands more insisted that it was fake. And underneath it all was the insistence that it was a government experiment gone wrong.

Finally, a statement was released by a relatively new company, claiming that the events were a promotion for an upcoming film. They apologised for the damages, stating that the pyrotechnics or fake monsters had gotten out of control: it was meant to be a talking point, not to cause harm. The film would be delayed while the people responsible within the company were dealt with appropriately. Compensation was paid out.

For a while, it was all everyone was talking about. But once it had been picked clean to the point of being boring, the statement became boring, and the incident was forgotten for some new disaster. Some people argued against it, or claimed to have seen things that were different, but they were soon ignored, or drowned out by others saying that they had seen it too, seen the cameras and the wires and the film crew.

And besides, nobody was hurt. And no children had been reported missing. And monsters weren't real. In fact, some of them looked a lot like the ones in those video games.
OOC SUMMARY
  • Digimon are known and recognised as video game characters. It's not the most popular thing in the world, but ultimately they're thought to be fictional.
  • Over the last few months, disturbances have been registered in computers and on the internet. Bizarre web pages spontaneously appearing and vanishing. Mysterious sounds in audio files. Distortion of images and video. Glitches in programs. And, more recently, increased sightings in the world of "unidentified wild animals".
  • One month ago, six digimon clearly appeared in six places around the world, all at the same time. Each digimon was faced down by a teenager who was alongside another, partner digimon.
  • Before any fighting could begin, the digimon and children suddenly vanished without a trace.
  • The event was covered up, with surprising success. The facts were, perhaps, too bizarre to be considered true.
  • The families of those six teenagers have not been heard from. No complaints have been made about missing children.
  • Since then, the distortions and the wild animal sightings seem to have stopped.
  • Behind the scenes, a group known as FIREWALL (catchy acronym) have been suppressing the digimon appearances and covering up the strange happenings. They were the ones who sealed the gates, banishing all the digimon (and the six children) back into the digital world.
  • With their "barricade", FIREWALL hoped to keep digimon trapped in their own world forever.
  • Of course, it's starting to fail. Like a dam that's failing, plugging the leaks does nothing to ease the pressure building up behind it, until inevitably the flood breaks through.
  • Too late, FIREWALL realised that perhaps those "chosen children" were the best way to restrain the digimon: they can fight them on their level and shoo them back to where they came from. Work from the inside.
  • The solution? Train and manufacture their own chosen children from the most likely candidates, of course.
  • Congratulations on your scholarship to a prestigious and totally not suspicious school with no fabricated history whatsoever.

-

I... I wanted a digimon RP.
So, let me know if you're interested! Or if you have any questions that I can answer.
I've still got a few things to figure out before I post the thread, but thought I'd better first check if anyone wants to be part of this specific plot setup.

I'm looking for up to six student characters, of any gender or nationality.
As a heads up, it may be a little while before they get partnered with digimon: those running this school have to make sure that they're compatible with these digital creatures, not to mention obedient and well-behaved. But maybe they're in enough of a rush that they'll cut corners when it comes to personality screening.
Spoiler: the (six) chosen candidates will be the player characters.

I'll either play one of those six students or I'll take more of a GM role, while controlling various other characters. Probably the latter. Again, depends how interested people are.

Peaceful-Crow Peaceful-Crow Shiyonichi Shiyonichi thanks!

Dorumon sounds grand to me! Also, still working out parts of the thread (I always end up making too much background info) but I've made the CS thread at least. Contains a little more info on the background of the school/situation.

Peaceful-Crow Peaceful-Crow Shiyonichi Shiyonichi NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay Nico Nico Hope that's everyone who's expressed interest so far.

If you still wish to join/ask questions, an OOC thread is here, and the character sheet is up:

Last edited:
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork I'm sorry, I only saw your reply just now! For some reason it didn't notify me, or I missed it somehow when it did.
Zoletres Zoletres also

Unfortunately I've closed applications and the RP has already started (well, ish) but if anyone drops out/ghosts, then I can tag you to see if you're still interested at that point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back