• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Digifakemon drawings, Xenobioart and related stuff.

CDBeetle

Welcome everyone who have come across this inspiration-biology themed thread! This thread is, in it's beginnings, reserved for 3 types of content.

1) Fake digimon: Been doing these drawings and worldbuilding writing for a while now. I got into it, because I saw all the fake pokedexes, but I felt that I should try going a different path and here I am. Building up a digidex is sort of a different experience, because as seen in the canon of many console and card games, digivolutions of different digimon are linked together in one big net.
2) Xenobiology art: In my case it's more like an idea conveying drawing than art seeing that I cannot yet implement all the shading and artistic effects. These are the drawings where everything is built up and evolved further from small microbes and stuff on randomly generated planets. Well, not everything, fragments and bits from ongoing projects end up here.
3) Spec-evo art: Known as speculative evolution, in this case, a one or more existing species is taken and placed in an environment to thrive and populate. Then either changes within that environment happen or the animals start wandering out. When this happens, they start to evolve. This is one of the hardest worldbuilding stuff to pull through, because of having to remember all the actual traits the evolved species have and integrate them into evolutions. Good thing that on this thread the process doesn't have to be that biologically correct.
4) Other upcoming stuff: I'm not sure yet, but possibly something of the mythological lore, like a made-up bestiary or diverse compilation of all Earth mythological beasts.

Now that this all is dealt with, here's the first bits of content, a digimon line containing 3 critters, which starts out based on a microorganism.
Collbemon_cd43_3.jpg

Name: Collbemon (Collodictyon + bean); Japanese: Koromamemon
Inspiration: Protists of Collodictyon taxon
Type: Mega-protist
Level: Fresh
Attribute: Data
Family: Unknown
Digivolves into: Dablodmon
Common Attack: Sparkle Froth - releases irritating froth from it's skin and rubs against it's foe

Other info: Collbemon is a Digifakemon that seems to live it's life almost completely at it's pace. It means that it becomes awake when most of Digi-egg village inhabitants go to sleep, doesnt' feel hunger when others do and so on. Collbemon is not very sociable and therefore gets into misunderstandings with other Fresh Digimon, but it is not malicious. It uses it's four flagellae to detect the scent data coming from nearby food. Since it's body shape is somewhat awkward, Collbemon doesn't like to move often and will make bubble popping sounds to attract a caretaker.

Dablodmon_cd43_3.jpg

Name: Dablodmon (Dab (a fish) + Collodictyon); Japanese: Hiramerodmon
Inspiration: Dabs and flounders, cyclops copepods, Collodictyon
Type: Nekton
Level: In-training
Attribute: Data, Vaccine
Family: Deep savers
Digivolves from: Collbemon
Digivolves into: Collangmon
Common Attack: Micro Cutlass - turns one or more flagellae/tentacles into stiff weapons and pierces the foe

Other info: Dablodmon practices to pierce lots of things to train it's skill, therefore data and vaccine Digimon need to inform it in advance that they are not, in fact, virus Digimon. Being just an in-training Digifakemon Dablodmon are kind of poor sports and get spiteful and pouty, if a fellow vaccine Digimon (including it's species) outperforms them. Dablodmon cannot slash, only pierce, so they feed on organic dirt particles by jabbing their tentacles into them and then putting the dirt coated tentacle in it's mouth. Dablodmon is kind of flat from the sides therefoe it sometimes swims in a manner that makes it look like a cyclopian flounder.

Collangmon_cd43_3.jpg

Name: Collangmon (Collodictyon + Langoesten (spiny lobster)); Japanese: Kortemimon
Inspiration: Spiny lobster, sea horses, sea slugs
Type: Sea rower
Level: Rookie
Attribute: Vaccine, Data
Family: Deep savers
Digivolves from: Dablodmon
Digivolves into: Not yet known
Common Attack: Swift Scrub - dashes past the enemy while stiffening it's side spikes causing damage to the enemy's skin

Collangmon is often found hanging near underwater areas that are full of digital bottom-dwelling algae. They have an adverse effect on Collangmon, which causes it to move in vaguely inebriated manner. Sensing danger though seems to snap Collangmon out of it. It rows with it's four appendanges to gain more speed. When Collangmon battle each other, the ritual to perform Swift Scrub on each other seems to have the additional benefit of sharpening their side spines.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back