Experiences Did You Ever Complete a Roleplay?

Yes.

I wrote a crossover Roleplay around November 2012 and somehow managed to complete it. I wrote it with one other friend (originally two, but we booted the second guy for being somewhat of a jerk—) and we wrote it for a few months before wrapping it up with a nice bow. It was cringy and bad, but it was fun. It was also episodic though each installment was somewhat of a standalone story with references or characters from past plotlines. I believe that we got through about three installments of it before getting bored and moving onto different things. I wanna say it took a year or two to get about three installments done? I could be wrong though.

Last time I counted, I finish about 10% of the threads I'm in, but I think I've only had one plot that stopped at a point where I'd be satisfied calling it a complete story arc.

This was on a fantasy forum where my character was an undead dark sorcerer and my partner's was a young and powerful but naïve mage. My character took the young mage under her wing while keeping her true nature hidden, intending to use the young mage as a research subject. But as time went on, she started seeing the young mage as a true protégé and even sort of a little sister figure. She got very protective and fond of her student.

Then the young mage discovered the truth. Our characters had an enormous argument. They went their separate ways with the understanding that they'd never cross paths again or someone was going to get very hurt. The angst levels were unreal. I enjoyed it very much and would love to have a conclusion like that again someday.

3, in total on my end. Over the span of five years with very little down-time between them.

I have on multiple occasions. But, it was more of a completion of interaction/major events in a plot rather than seeing the whole big picture finished. So for example, a finished first/second date and all the events leading rather than the two characters actually getting together and coupling up.

For me, the journey/way of progression is much more important than the end so I really don’t mind if a plot goes unfinished. I can always start over or draw inspiration for a new take of the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back