• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern did someone mention REALISTIC/ MODERN roleplays?

Asteria

⚔️
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

! note: i don’t write in all lowercase ic or even ooc, depending on my partner, but i do find this type of writing cute, so don’t judge me !

hello~ i am lily and i am a 21-year-old student. i major in romanian and i have a minor in english. ngl, i probably shouldn’t be doing this thread, considering i am senior in uni, but, nevertheless, i am looking for 1 or 2 more partners for the time being (not first come, first served). i am momentarily more interested in roleplays with realistic/modern undertones… you know, the drama, the angst, the warmth and laughter of human life, and that sense of an alternate universe. so, if you seek the same… WELCOME! please ignore the overly formal tone of this thread (or, at least, i think it is formal?), i am actually a terribly bubbly person and i am trying to temper myself for the sake of presenting myself and my ideas clearly.

annnnnnd now i will mention some things about myself, as well as adding some notes about you/ for you. i am not going to make a separate section for what i’m looking for in a partner, really – if you feel that we will make a great pair after i present myself and you find similarities between you and i, that is more than enough for me. but, please, please, read what i wrote.

(click me) get to know me (click me)

age | 21 (note: i am looking for people who are 18+, though i might accept people who are 16+. don’t lie about your age, please)

committed, long-term partner

ic posting schedule
| every two or three days to once a week (note: i use rpn’s threads & pms or gdocs & gmail for rping)

patience | you can take months to reply to our rp, but at least let me know that you are all right, please

ooc | love it, couldn’t live without it; frequent replies & all the humanely-possible brainstorming & songs & pinterest boards & moodboards (note: i use either rpn’s pms or on discord for ooc)

writing style | third person, past tense. i can write anywhere from 400 to 2000 words per character. more or less, at times. i usually adapt to my partner’s style and preferences, though i have been trying to focus more on quality than quantity lately (note: the length of the reply and the amount of detail will affect my posting schedule. i can provide samples upon request or you can simply stalk my profile)

romance | frequently included in my rps as a plot or subplot. i like to have the opportunity to expand on a relationship of sorts between the main characters, but i won’t force it any way and i will adapt to what better serves the plot

gender | can play any gender equally, though i have a preference for the f when there is only one main character per roleplayer

doubling | more than open to doubling, either by including two pairings in one rp or having two different rps (note: please don’t contact me if you see doubling only as the means of getting to play out your desired relationship. i treat all my characters equally when i double and no relationship will be prioritized)

preffered pairings | primarily mxf, but open to mxm or fxf or others for my partner’s side when doubling is included. nonbinary and trans characters are more than welcome.

limits | none of importance, besides those that go without saying, like pedophilia and god knows what else. (note: please let me know your limits and triggers beforehand. i would hate to put my partners through any sort of distress unknowingly)

no god-modding

ghosting
| i am pretty neutral when it comes to ghosting. i think most would like to receive a heads-up (and i will give you one), but i won’t blame you if you decide to leave the conversation without a warning. i will probably check-in after a week or two weeks of unresponsiveness, but that will be all. also, don’t refrain from contacting me again if you change your mind

the shortest part of this thread is what i’m actually interested in. i don’t really have a solid idea at this point, therefore I AM OPEN TO MANY THINGS. i am not saying that just for the sake of saying it – i am the sort of person that can easily get excited about something, so come at me with your plots/ideas. i am going to add a word-bank-sort-of-thing (?), though, just so you can have an idea about what is going through my mind at the moment. these ideas don't have a particular order of preference. i can expand upon some ideas if requested.

⦿ character development ⦿ k-rps (be patient with me, i am not terribly familiar with them, but i want to learn. i am not too interested in rps involving idols) ⦿ soft moments that bring people together ⦿ angst & drama ⦿ childhood friends (with the possibility that they have distanced themselves from one another because one of them has developed f e e l i n g s) ⦿ rejection ⦿ chance meetings ⦿ strangers teaming up to escape an uncomfortable situation ⦿ fake relationships ⦿ forbidden romance ⦿ social expectations ⦿ one night stands ⦿ childhood friends/ ex-lovers/ old acquaintances meeting again after a long period of time ⦿ college/ university settings ⦿ secrets ⦿ dark pasts ⦿ crime ⦿ support groups ⦿ from enemies to ‘maybe you’re not the worst’ to ‘maybe you’re kind of okay’ to friends to maybe more ⦿ emotional detachment ⦿ repressed feelings ⦿ maybe some fantasy elements ⦿ artists with secret identities ⦿ loneliness ⦿ vacation ⦿ age differences ⦿ being part of the same accident ⦿ sharing a traumatic event ⦿ harry potter-ish type of magical school ⦿ toxic relationships ⦿ reincarnation ⦿ gods and humans ⦿ mythical creatures ⦿ blind dates ⦿ set-ups ⦿ different backgrounds and cultures ⦿ historical ⦿

! note: please pm me if interested and introduce yourself, as well as mention what you're interested in/looking for. don't post in this thread unless you're new on the site and haven't reached the necessary numbers of posts in order to be able to send pms. thank you !
MOBILE-FRIENDLY VERSION OF THE "get to know me" SECTION:
age | 21 (note: i am looking for people who are 18+, though i might accept people who are 16+. don’t lie about your age, please)

committed, long-term partner

ic posting schedule
| every two or three days to once a week (note: i use rpn’s threads & pms or gdocs & gmail for rping)

patience | you can take months to reply to our rp, but at least let me know that you are all right, please

ooc | love it, couldn’t live without it; frequent replies & all the humanely-possible brainstorming & songs & pinterest boards & moodboards (note: i use either rpn’s pms or on discord for ooc)

writing style | third person, past tense. i can write anywhere from 400 to 2000 words per character. more or less, at times. i usually adapt to my partner’s style and preferences, though i have been trying to focus more on quality than quantity lately (note: the length of the reply and the amount of detail will affect my posting schedule. i can provide samples upon request or you can simply stalk my profile)

romance | frequently included in my rps as a plot or subplot. i like to have the opportunity to expand on a relationship of sorts between the main characters, but i won’t force it any way and i will adapt to what better serves the plot

gender | can play any gender equally, though i have a preference for the f when there is only one main character per roleplayer

doubling | more than open to doubling, either by including two pairings in one rp or having two different rps (note: please don’t contact me if you see doubling only as the means of getting to play out your desired relationship. i treat all my characters equally when i double and no relationship will be prioritized)

preferred pairings | primarily mxf, but open to mxm or fxf or others for my partner’s side when doubling is included. nonbinary and trans characters are more than welcome.

limits | none of importance, besides those that go without saying like paedophilia and god knows what else. (note: please let me know your limits and triggers beforehand. i would hate to put my partners through any sort of distress unknowingly)

no god-modding

ghosting
| i am pretty neutral when it comes to ghosting. i think most would like to receive a heads-up (and i will give you one), but i won’t blame you if you decide to leave the conversation without a warning. i will probably check-in after a week or two weeks of unresponsiveness, but that will be all. also, don’t refrain from contacting me again if you change your mind

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back