• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Did fantasy and realistic switch colors?

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
So this is the first time I've opened this site in a couple months, and it took me a second to notice that the Fantasy and Realistic/Modern prefixes now appear green and purple, respectively. It's a little jarring, since I always thought their previous colors made more sense. Was there any particular reason for the change?

It was brought to our attention that the original Fantasy and Fandom tabs were difficult to distinguish for some color blind people, particularly since these words are also somewhat similar in length/appearance. To resolve that, the colors for the Fantasy and Realistic tabs were switched to make it easier to tell the difference.

Yes, because we found out that certain types of colorblindness were having trouble distinguishing between them because the pink and purple of Fandom and Fantasy appeared to be the same color and the words themselves looked so similar. We'll probably redo the colors again at some point, but this was a quick and easy fix for now.

Edit: Apfel beat me to it :D

Huh. I guess I can deal with the change if it's for accessibility reasons. Thanks for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back