• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Dice Roller Suggestions

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Suggestion Type: Dice Systems
Name: make dice great again!
Comments: Can I talk about the dice? I'd like to talk about the dice, I'm dying to talk about the dice!
My suggestion is, firstly, as dice are used in set systems, create much smaller, deafylt text size suiting icons to represent the known dice (4, 6, 8, 10/100, 12, 20): since people using dice systems are familiar with them, they shall recognise a triangle as a 4-sided die, or a square as a 6-sided one.
Secondly, the result is clunky, large, not really fitting the light and minimalistic style of the forum, and just makes it look bad. Perhaps, a small table should be made instead: nothing but the symbol (with a text tip of what sort of a die is it, or smaller text underneath it stating "d4", "d100", etc), then the result, and then any notes ("roll for: convincing the policeman"), which, tbh, sometimes I think should be obligatory for the same reason of why you cannot pre-roll dice before posting (connected to the next request in part). Total might be optional per request? (tick the box for total) I could Photoshop an example if needed.
Thirdly, being able to switch places die rolls. Such as, if your character has to roll to attack an enemy twice, and then to dodge another attack, they see the result, and then have to roll the damage and how much they absorbed through dodging. Being able to switch places from attack1-attack2-dodge-damage1-damage2-absorb to attack1-damage1-attack2-damage2-dodge-absorb would be a great thing!
Fourthly(?), adding shortcuts of roll results in text not unlike image previews. So in threads, if asked to roll, no one would switch to the back of the text to consult the table and break immersion.
Fifthly(?), being able to add something to your roll. Many dice RPs have bonuses on skills, and adding them would be nice. Such as: rolled a D4+14(3+1) for damage.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name: dice
Comments: speaking of which, dice for 1x1 maybe?

Suggestion Type: Dice Systems
Name: make dice great again!
Comments: Can I talk about the dice? I'd like to talk about the dice, I'm dying to talk about the dice!
View attachment 563765
My suggestion is, firstly, as dice are used in set systems, create much smaller, deafylt text size suiting icons to represent the known dice (4, 6, 8, 10/100, 12, 20): since people using dice systems are familiar with them, they shall recognise a triangle as a 4-sided die, or a square as a 6-sided one.
Secondly, the result is clunky, large, not really fitting the light and minimalistic style of the forum, and just makes it look bad. Perhaps, a small table should be made instead: nothing but the symbol (with a text tip of what sort of a die is it, or smaller text underneath it stating "d4", "d100", etc), then the result, and then any notes ("roll for: convincing the policeman"), which, tbh, sometimes I think should be obligatory for the same reason of why you cannot pre-roll dice before posting (connected to the next request in part). Total might be optional per request? (tick the box for total) I could Photoshop an example if needed.
Thirdly, being able to switch places die rolls. Such as, if your character has to roll to attack an enemy twice, and then to dodge another attack, they see the result, and then have to roll the damage and how much they absorbed through dodging. Being able to switch places from attack1-attack2-dodge-damage1-damage2-absorb to attack1-damage1-attack2-damage2-dodge-absorb would be a great thing!
Fourthly(?), adding shortcuts of roll results in text not unlike image previews. So in threads, if asked to roll, no one would switch to the back of the text to consult the table and break immersion.
Fifthly(?), being able to add something to your roll. Many dice RPs have bonuses on skills, and adding them would be nice. Such as: rolled a D4+14(3+1) for damage.

Suggestion Type: Sub-Genre
Name: dice
Comments: speaking of which, dice for 1x1 maybe?

Moved this to its own thread as that other thread is to suggest tags/sub-genres for the Filter System. As for the dice, I have huge plans for them, no ETA but I'm a big Dice Player my self, so it is high on my list C:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back