Dice Battle System

JRPG

Member Title
I'll give a minor breakdown of the dice system, but its still in heavy editing phase. The standard 6 sided dice is used. Outcomes are meant to be short, but after each turn, the roleplayer must roleplay the scenario. So after the turn, the scenario must be roleplayed, before the next turn begins. I'll give roleplaying options, if dice is chosen as the desired system. Note: This system still needs editing, and testing. Note: Also, I will change the character template abilities/weaknesses, if this system is chosen.

Five dice will be rolled 1d6, and a rolz website will provide the room for the people doing battle. Unlike the Card system, there's a ton more RNG in this system, since there's no special action specific dice. You must select 2 dice before doing a reroll. Example: I roll 5 dice. I select 2 of those 5, and then I choose to reroll 3 dice. I select 2 of those 3, and I choose to reroll the last die. Now I have my 5 chosen dice.

Everyone starts with 9 life, and there's a reason for the large health pool. Fights will be longer, but it's due to the RNG nature of sometimes getting 5 damage numbers, while your opponent gets no defense numbers. Therefore, there's opportunities to deal mega damage.

1d6, you aspect your dice on your turn. Aspect Attack gives these options, Number 1 = Attack the closest opponent for 1 damage, number 2 = Attack the farthest opponent for 1 damage, number 3 = Area Attack, get 3 of these to do 2 damage to each opponent, Number 4 = Buff allows your ally to choose a number out of a 6 die when its their turn, Number 5 = Wind Up, get 3 of these to add +4 damage to your next attack, Number 6 = Clumsy, get 3 of these to do nothing. Any extra Area Attack, Clumsy, and Wind Up will do nothing.

Aspect Defend gives these options, Number 1 = Defend against a close attack, if you're far, defend against an attack on your ally, Number 2 = Defend against a faraway attack, if you're close defend against an attack on your ally, Number 3 = Protect, get 3 of these to nullify all damage from the enemies, Number 4 = Heal 1 life for either you, or your ally, Number 5 = Counter-Attack, get 2 of these to deal the damage back to your opponent, but receive half the damage. Number 6 = Clumsy, get 3 of these and do nothing. Any extra Protect, Clumsy, and Counter-attack remainder, so 3 or 5 counter-attacks, will mean 1 of those die is ineffective.

Aspect Standby gives these options, Number 1 = Move, become closer or farther than your ally. Requires 2 dice. Number 2 = Flee, flee the scene, but it requires 3 dice. Number 3 = Converse, nullify 1 of your opponent's dice for their turn (Meaning your opponent can only roll 4 dice, instead of 5). Requires 1 die. Number 4 = Use Item, requires 3 dice, but you're free to change your  Flee, Move, Converse, Empower into Use item dice. Number 5 = Empower, roll 3 of these to choose 3 dice for your next turn. Number 6 = Clumsy, get 3 of these and do nothing.

Here's how the combat works.

One person, player 1, will engage in combat with the other individual, and they can only attack, yet since they've gained the initiative, the defending person, player 2, will have only 4 dice just for that turn. (Note: This advantage is in place in order to encourage roleplayers to hunt/battle other roleplayers in battlegrounds) Player 1 and Player 2 go into a Rolz rooms, that I will assign, and they roll with player 1 going first. Player 1 rolls 5,6,3,2,2, and he decides to keep 2,2. He rolls 3 dice, and player 1 gets 3,4,4. He decides to keep 3, 4. Then, he rolls 1 dice, and he gets a 1. His complete roll is 2,2,3,4,1. Before player 1's rolls are in effect, player 2 must roll. Player 2 rolls for his Defense Aspect option. On the first roll, player 2 gets 3,5,5,2. Since player 2 knows that 2,2,3,4,1 are player's 1 roles, Player 2 will select 5,5, because there's a chance he may get another 5 to deal counter-attack damage on his foe. Then Player 2 rerolls to get 4, 1. Player 2 got better rolls than Player 1, but it's time to put things into effect.

First we count up Player's 1 rolls. 2, 2, 1 all will deal damage, so we have a 3 damage attack going in, but 3 does nothing for Player 1; however, since player 1 rolled a 4, he can choose the number of one of his dice for his next turn. Player 2 rolled 5,5, 4, 1, which allows Player 2 to counter-attack, and deal damage. However, we deal with the defense rolls first, so 1 will nullify either 2, 2, or 1. Will go with 1 for simplicity, so now Player 1 has a two damage attack. The heal ability always goes last in a turn, so will ignore 4 for now. Player 2 counters Player 1 two damage attack, which causes Player 1 to lose 2 life, while player 2 loses 1 life, since that's half of the total damage. Player 1 has 7 life, and Player 2 has 8 life. Now, we count Player 2's 4 roll, which grants Player 2 +1 life. Now Player 2 is fully healed at 9 life, while player 1 has 7 life. The turn's over, and the scenario is roleplayed. The order can get confusing in this system, but during a roleplaying scenario, it's alright to go out of order. For this scene, there needs to be a moment for Player 1 to deal 3 separate attacks, and buff preparation, while Player 2 needs to roleplay himself countering Player's 1 attack, healing himself, and blocking one of Player's 1 attacks.

Now, let's go to turn 2 for the 1 v 1 scenario.

It's now Player 2's turn to go first, and Player 2 can choose to either Attack, or Standby. If Player 2 chooses to Attack, Player 1 has to Defend, but if Player 2 chooses to Standby, Player 1 can Attack, Defend, or Standby. There's a variety of outcomes, but I'll go with Player 2 choosing to Standby, and player 1 choosing to Attack. Player 2 goes first, and he rolls 4,6,2,3,3. Player 2 keeps 3, 3, and then he rolls 4,4,1. He keeps 4,4, and then he rolls another 4. His total roll is 3, 3, 4, 4, 4. Converse and use item are placed into effect before Player 1 rolls, so since player 2 got 2 converse rolls, Player 1 can only roll 3 dice. Player 2 also gets to bring out a item, which may increase stats, or provide effects. For now, we'll disregard Use Item. Now, it's Player 1's turn to roll, and since he can only roll 3 dice, he gets 2, 6, 6. He keeps 2, 6, and then he rolls the remaining die to get a 1. He has 2, 6, 1, but since he rolled a 4 the prior turn, he can use the buff action to change his 6 into a 1. Now Player 1 has 2, 1, 1. Player 1 does 3 damage to Player 2, so now Player 2 has 6 life, and Player 1 has 7 life.

For roleplaying the scenario, the order doesn't matter, but Player 2 must find a way to Converse and Use an Item, while Player 1 focuses on 3 separate attacks. This repeats, and the person who goes first for the next turn is Player 1.

If there are suggestions/questions/concerns let me know. I'll do my best to answer any.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back